Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 139894 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Day Three)
« Reply #1350 on: May 30, 2016, 04:31:44 pm »

I mean he's fun to antagonize and all
This is not the towniest sentiment ever.  But it's a very PPS sentiment.  You get some PPS points.

Anyhoo.
Sorry I've been a bit not-around again.  I can finally concentrate on this now.
My plan right now is to reread Joseph all the way through.  People seem fairly convinced he's scum, so I must be missing something...

Then if I get a chance I'll do the same with gkrieg I guess. 
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: May 30, 2016, 04:35:59 pm »

Please put together an actual case on me.  I refuse to be lynched on bad POE.  I haven't been scummy this whole game

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: May 30, 2016, 04:46:37 pm »

Please put together an actual case on me.  I refuse to be lynched on bad POE.  I haven't been scummy this whole game

This is exactly what I would say as scum.  Well, and as town for that matter.  Let me work on something
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: May 30, 2016, 05:13:50 pm »

Well an IC thinks you're scum, so that's one decent reason for me to go for it.
Also, once I remove all the people I think are towny, that doesn't leave me with many choices.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #1354 on: May 30, 2016, 05:27:08 pm »

Vote: Joseph2302

That fakehammer was scummy.
RVSs himself. Welp, OK.  I've not seen that before, but it's no kind of alignment tell.

Follows with more RVS guff.  Fine, fine, carrying on.

First slightly odd thing:
Voting Haddock in this game is as crazy as it is the only sensible thing to do in most games with Haddock.
Sorry, can you reword that?  I genuinely can't figure out what it means as currently worded.
Yh, that makes no sense to me either.

Vote: iguana.

PPE: 1
This is just a bit strange.  There doesn't seem to be any real justification for the vote there.  It's relevant that II is now an IC.  You can basically call it RVS though, I guess.  Like, RVS+a tiny bit.  Not sure there's anything real to take from this.

You've solved the game already, congratulations.
It is a me, e, iguana scum team.
In the context of the game currently, this does look genuinely scummy, tying himself to two now conf!town players.  But he's being sarcastic.  Like, the tiniest of scum points for this.

Vote: e.

Reading properly is obvious scum.
RVS over by this point.  More small scum points.

I wasn't being sarcastic.
I'm using my standard moves from Resistance: Avalon, where I tell everyone all game that I'm Morgana.
By the way, I'm scum.
...aannnnddd so it begins.  OK, so the sarcasm thing seems to refer to the post I quoted two back.  And it looks pretty sarcastic to me.  I dunno.  This whole things just seems to drip with irony.
The "I'm scum" claim is what sets Awaclus off.   I dunno, it seems to me he's just referencing his playstyle in some other game and then jokingly saying "Look, why don't I emulate that, har har!".  It's a joke.  And yeah, excessively jokey attitude is scummy sometimes, but really?  Not seeing it.
It just reads like eccentric town to me.

vote: Joseph
Was that the hammer? If so, it was so bad.

I mean how the hell did we get a lynch in 27 hours?
This is his fakehammer response.  It does a lot of work for him.
From my experience with Joseph, I can't be entirely sure whether scum!Joseph is alert enough at this point to fake this.  I mean, maybe?  Whatever the case, this wins him a ton of town points.

Not necessarily what scum would do, but it's anti-town.
An lynching an anti-town player D1 isn't the worst decision.
Scummy.  As is this:
No I don't think someone should be policy-lynched, although I do believe that fakehammers are anti-town. They almost never give any information, as if I was scum, I wouldn't reveal it even if I thought i was lynched. Right now, anti-town seems like the best person I can vote for, as I don't currently have any scum reads.

Cool. Had it been an unannounced L-1, I'd probably have voted for you, as I find it very anti-town.
Not announcing L-1 leads to derphammers, which is bad.
Ewww. More anti-town pushing.

He pushes gkrieg for a bit then, which is maybe worth noting for later.
Then this, which is pretty interesting:
Wouldn't lynch:
e
ii
Town points for that.  Though he seems to soften his position on ii shortly after:
Joseph is whatever. Not opposed if people don't want to do Haddock/igu
Don't particularly want to do ii anymore.
"Not particularly" rather than "not at all".  So, I take some of those town points back, he's still leaving the door open for an ii lynch.

He then proceeds to hop on the Egor wagon super quick, again because "antitown".  His positioning doesn't look good.  He's like, 3rd on the wagon, which probably exactly where scum want to be on a mislynch wagon.

I do stupid things a lot. In and outside Mafia. The question du jour is if these last minutes for Joseph look like scum hoping for a reprieve or town commiserating a pending mislynch.
You can lynch me if you want, it isn't the worst lynch, although it's not the best either.
So that's quite a scummy response, but, same post:
But first think about this question:

When I flip town (from everyone else's perspective it's "If I flip town"), then who were the scum on my wagon?
That's pretty towny.  Eesh.

OK so this:
can't we just stop this and lynch Egork instead?
I'm open to that possibility.
can be taken either way.  It's either weirdly obvious partner interaction (unlikely?!) or it's just Joseph going for self-preservation.  I pick the second thing.
He does go on to defend silver against PPS for a bit though.  Nahh it's way too blatant, surely:
... Vote: silverspawn
Ugh, no- not a good lynch option in my opinion.
Think ss is town, and I'm definitely town

Then at deadline he pushes Egor over e pretty hard.  He hardly has any good options there, Egor and e being the leading wagons and both town.  Nothing much to take from that.

Early D2 there are two main things.  He talks a lot of sense about fruit claims etc, and pulls a total flipflop re. silver, who he suddenly starts scumreading, at least slightly.
The first looks good, the second a bit bad maybe.  He doesn't give a good reason (just OMGUS) for his sudden change of stance.  Like maybe silver told him during the night to stop townreading him so blatantly?

Then a big argument with Seprix and Awaclus about the nature of yuma's quitting.  Well, nothing to take from that, Awaclus was being Awaclus and Seprix hadn't read the setup properly, Joseph doing pretty well not to get pretty pissed off, to my mind.
He does proceed to OMGUS Awaclus pretty hard, though.  Not good.

Then silver gets lynched, Joseph is offwagon, and we get this:
Didn't expect that so soon.

On the other hand, I think ss might well be scum, and it probably was the lynch that would happen at some point.

Massive extended twilight I guess, since it's 2am in USA
Which does look a hell of a lot like scum trying to avoid getting scum points for being offwagon.  "I would have been on the wagon, honest".  Yeah scum points here.

Today not much to say.  He votes Seprix without giving reasons, which looks a bit OMGUSy.  I don't think Seprix is particularly towny though, so eh.

This is a long long post.  Basically Joseph has done a bunch of quite scummy things and a bunch of seriously seriously towny things.  It still comes to a townread overall for me.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 30, 2016, 05:57:37 pm »

@Haddock - So...if Joseph is town, "you are town," I am town, iguana is town.  I mean, you are left with

Reggie, liopoil, Seprix, gkrieg, PPS. 

Two have to be town.  Which two?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: May 30, 2016, 06:04:18 pm »

@Haddock - So...if Joseph is town, "you are town," I am town, iguana is town.  I mean, you are left with

Don't three have to be town?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: May 30, 2016, 06:05:33 pm »

Don't three have to be town?

yeah.  I meant scum.  mistype there.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: May 30, 2016, 06:05:51 pm »

I just thought of something:

Iguanaiguana stated that he gave me fruit.
I recieved exactly one fruit.
Scum gave somebody fruit.
This person now knows that they received scum!fruit.

Maybe this person should claim that they received fruit today? No need to claim what the fruit was or whether you ate it, just that you got it. This way we know who scum gave fruit.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: May 30, 2016, 06:06:02 pm »

good thing I am IC, or you might be able to find that scummy

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: May 30, 2016, 06:06:48 pm »

yeah, why has a second person not claimed to have received fruit?  Scum have a UB, they should have been able to give fruit out.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: May 30, 2016, 06:06:59 pm »

I'm reasonably sure Seprix is scum- none of the other pairs of people look as good. Vote: Seprix.

Just curious, Awaclus flipped town PR and he was sure you were scum. Your argument against that was that he must be scum. Why was he wrong about you?

Here was my question to Joseph...
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: May 30, 2016, 06:07:21 pm »

Is scum com pulsed to give fruit. Could the fruit recipient have already died?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: May 30, 2016, 06:09:01 pm »

Yeah, three have to be town. 
But really I can only give you two anyway - my instinct says Reggie and PPS are town.
The other three could still all be scum.  I'll give them all the same treatment I gave Joseph, but probably tomorrow.  I'm exhausted.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: May 30, 2016, 06:09:13 pm »

fruit giving is not compulsory as far as I know.  So yeah, totally possible that scum didn't give fruit.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia
« Reply #1365 on: May 30, 2016, 06:11:03 pm »

Mafia Fruit Inventor:
Each night, the Mafia Fruit Inventor may target someone to give them a piece of fruit.
Mafia Universal Backup:
If the Mafia Fruit Inventor dies, the Mafia aligned Universal Backup will be able to do anything that the Mafia Fruit Inventor could do.

so yeah.  not compulsory

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: May 30, 2016, 06:12:01 pm »

Which gives even more logic to J Reggie being IC.  and why the scums did not give out a fruit tonight.  They did not want to create an IC.  I mean, it is interesting WIFOM no matter what.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: May 30, 2016, 06:13:17 pm »

Setup says "may", so probably not. No reason that they wouldn't though. And why kill the person they give fruit to.

It is possible that they gave themselves fruit and so don't want to claim it. This is why we should claim it.

I think everyone should say whether they got fruit last night or not in their next post. If nobody says they did, then we know that only scum might have the other fruit. It limits scum fakeclaims later on at least.

I only got one fruit (from iguana) so I did not get the scumfruit.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: May 30, 2016, 06:14:45 pm »

Which gives even more logic to J Reggie being IC.  and why the scums did not give out a fruit tonight.  They did not want to create an IC.  I mean, it is interesting WIFOM no matter what.
Might as well give it to themselves rather than do nothing. If we make sure this is what they did now they can't say 'oops I accidentally ate scumfruit N2' on a later day.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: May 30, 2016, 06:23:56 pm »

Did not get any fruit

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: May 30, 2016, 07:11:42 pm »

Maybe this person should claim that they received fruit today? No need to claim what the fruit was or whether you ate it, just that you got it. This way we know who scum gave fruit.
Um, Seprix already claimed this?

I am VT. My fruit is Lime. I have no special powers.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: May 30, 2016, 07:16:09 pm »

I'm reasonably sure Seprix is scum- none of the other pairs of people look as good. Vote: Seprix.

Just curious, Awaclus flipped town PR and he was sure you were scum. Your argument against that was that he must be scum. Why was he wrong about you?

Well he was wrong about me. I'm town.
Pretty sure I've never lasted this long in a game as scum,  and I also think scum is leaving me alive as an easy mislynch.

Also, read the evidence in Haddock's post that point towards me being towny.

I get that some things I've done this game may have seemed scummy (as highlighted by Haddock), and I guess this is why Awaclus thought I was scummy.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: May 30, 2016, 07:25:26 pm »

Are you saying that you are not a fruit?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: May 30, 2016, 07:35:28 pm »

Are you saying that you are not a fruit?
No I'm not, I just got what this post from Seprix means.
I thought it meant he was claiming he got a lime last night, but he was actually just claiming a flavour name.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: May 30, 2016, 07:35:42 pm »

Well he was wrong about me. I'm town.
Pretty sure I've never lasted this long in a game as scum,  and I also think scum is leaving me alive as an easy mislynch.

Also, read the evidence in Haddock's post that point towards me being towny.

I get that some things I've done this game may have seemed scummy (as highlighted by Haddock), and I guess this is why Awaclus thought I was scummy.

This feels very scummy
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 16 queries.