Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 140458 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Day Two)
« Reply #950 on: May 21, 2016, 01:24:18 pm »

well actually yuma is voting for me so it kinda does matter. And it is L-2.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #951 on: May 21, 2016, 01:33:52 pm »

Then you can gauge them in my absence and read them as scum, because only scum would want to alienate a town player to the point of making them leave the game. And people are free to vote for me. But give reasons.

Vote: yuma

Fuck you

This is not good. Awaclus, why would you do that? I know you like to be contrary, but Yuma had already said he would leave if someone else did this. The least you could have done would be to give a reason. I've been fine with your Awaclus-y-ness this far, but if you've actually caused Yuma to rage quit that is actively hurting the game. Was your intention to make him quit?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: May 21, 2016, 01:42:44 pm »

So, some things SS has done that look scummy, in no particular order.

His stance on Awaclus is a bad one.  Maybe I'm wrong to call Awa towny, but there's no way you can conclude (as SS seems determined to do) that he's scummy for just doing his usual thing.  These kinds of posts:
agreed.

So I extend the scum team by Awaclus. We should lynch Awaclus let's lynch Awaclus who wants to lynch Awaclus?

lynch: Awaclus

I mean vote: Awaclus
are just bad.  Surely we know how easy it is to mislynch Awaclus when he's being like this.  And this is not his only one.

He does exactly the right amount of work to make sure the Joseph wagon has good momentum, but is careful to makes sure he doesn't end up on it.  Given that I'm pretty sure Joseph is town here, this looks really bad.
Joseph, you can try to redeem yourself by explaining a bit more. Do you honestly think that just because someone has a theoretical disagreement with you (on a subject where you're clearly wrong, no less *cough*) he deserves to be policy lynched? If not, then what was this all about?

And you still didn't answer my question of why you self-voted. You only talked about why you might not, but not why you might want.

This:
isn't this like exactly what scum would claim though?

If the real fruit guy is out there, he should definitely counterclaim.
Roughly translated: "look at me, I don't automatically know that e is telling the truth, so I can't be scum!"
I don't see any other purpose to this post.

He's massively inconsistent with respect to PPS, alternately townreading and scumreading him as it suits him.  (Never quite committing either way).

And throughout day 1 he keeps tying players together into proposed scumteams.  I think this is the sort of thing scum likes to do - connect players in other people's minds so it's harder to get a decent read on any one player.
Haddock's reads list feels forced. He's the other scum.

Hah, game solved!
I like that Haddock voted for Egork. Not in the sense of I find it towny though. I just kind of like it as a thing. Could be on a partner.
Haddock/iguanda/Egork it is.

PPE. Don't even bother, J Reggie.  If I didn't think it would actively hurt us, I would be advocating killing Awaclus for being a dick.  But it's not worth the effort.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 21, 2016, 01:47:06 pm »

I love this case on silverspawn. I'd L-1 except I haven't had time to re-read and I won't have time for that until Monday. Sorry for the "Weird," yesterday was very emotional for me; I was sure of e!scum. Actually, a lot less sure toward the end of the day because by that point I knew that e was scum in Desperation Mafia where he was behaving very differently and that weakened my read a lot and it all became a huge mess. Anyway, get my act together? I'll do that on Monday too.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 21, 2016, 01:56:16 pm »

Please note that I said Haddock's cases this game were disingenuous before he made them on me. But this one is just as bad as his previous one.

This:

Roughly translated: "look at me, I don't automatically know that e is telling the truth, so I can't be scum!"
I don't see any other purpose to this post.

???

the purpose of the post was to make sure that the real fruit guy counterclaims if he's out there. Are you trying to tell me that that is unnecessary because he would do so anyway?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 21, 2016, 01:57:33 pm »

He's massively inconsistent with respect to PPS, alternately townreading and scumreading him as it suits him.

A lie. I never scumread PPS. My opinion on PPS has been the same all game, which is that I think his playstyle is great and I love having him around but due to his lack of activity I have no read.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 21, 2016, 01:58:38 pm »

I'll have you respond to those to first to avoid the thing where people pick one thing to respond to and then make an argument out of this to cover up how the rest of their case has been disproven.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 21, 2016, 01:59:53 pm »

I'm a bit sad that no-one trusts my reads because I'm feeling pretty good about Haddock at this point.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 21, 2016, 02:04:26 pm »

He's massively inconsistent with respect to PPS, alternately townreading and scumreading him as it suits him.

A lie. I never scumread PPS. My opinion on PPS has been the same all game, which is that I think his playstyle is great and I love having him around but due to his lack of activity I have no read.

PPS wagon is super scummy business.
nooo PPS is so towny you can't vote for him!  :D
::)
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 21, 2016, 02:04:49 pm »

???

the purpose of the post was to make sure that the real fruit guy counterclaims if he's out there. Are you trying to tell me that that is unnecessary because he would do so anyway?
Pretty much, yep.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: May 21, 2016, 02:13:35 pm »

PPS wagon is scummy = it is scummy to be on the PPS wagon. Because he hasn't done anything scummy.

That was a joke.

Silvertongue keeps making sense even though I keep toying with the idea of voting him just because he knows I'm susceptible to confirmation bias and he has a made a point to call met towny and I think he has seen this method work against me before.

So where are the contradictions?

???

Pretty much, yep.

No no no no no no no. We can't have this, not on D1.

Two posts later.

And this is not an exception. There are always players who think you shouldn't counterclaim. I don't know why, but they're always there.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 21, 2016, 02:16:52 pm »

PPS wagon is scummy = it is scummy to be on the PPS wagon. Because he hasn't done anything scummy.

That was a joke.
whatever the case, these look a lot like town reads to me. And you call him scummy elsewhere. I've left the house and am phone posting so will find those posts later.

???

Pretty much, yep.

No no no no no no no. We can't have this, not on D1.

Two posts later.

And this is not an exception. There are always players who think you shouldn't counterclaim. I don't know why, but they're always there.
Nyeh.  OK, fine. I concede that point.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #962 on: May 21, 2016, 02:17:51 pm »

Then you can gauge them in my absence and read them as scum, because only scum would want to alienate a town player to the point of making them leave the game. And people are free to vote for me. But give reasons.

Fuck you

This is not good. Awaclus, why would you do that? I know you like to be contrary, but Yuma had already said he would leave if someone else did this. The least you could have done would be to give a reason. I've been fine with your Awaclus-y-ness this far, but if you've actually caused Yuma to rage quit that is actively hurting the game. Was your intention to make him quit?

It's scummy to ask why people are voting for you. It's also scummy to threaten to leave the game. Not as scummy as Joseph though.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 21, 2016, 02:20:57 pm »

Vote: awaclus
vote: silverspawn
God you can be a dick sometimes. Have some compassion for Christ's sake.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 21, 2016, 02:27:00 pm »

Surely we know how easy it is to mislynch Awaclus when he's being like this.

Is it really? Is there any game where he got mislynched because of it?

The part about Joseph is... meh. He's on the scummy side of null, Egork I think was worse, so I didn't vote for him. But I can't disprove your narrative.

And throughout day 1 he keeps tying players together into proposed scumteams.  I think this is the sort of thing scum likes to do - connect players in other people's minds so it's harder to get a decent read on any one player.
This is kind of legit, but super weak. Everyone knows... or, well, I know and you know that calling scum teams is pretty silly. I was just having fun.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #965 on: May 21, 2016, 02:27:14 pm »

Vote: awaclus
vote: silverspawn
God you can be a dick sometimes. Have some compassion for Christ's sake.

I'm trying to win a game here.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 21, 2016, 02:38:02 pm »

fwiw I'm on your side as far as yuma goes. He knows you don't explain reads, he replaced in anyway.

And plus, you did explain your read by quoting something from him.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 21, 2016, 02:47:17 pm »

Fuck you

It's scummy to ask why people are voting for you. It's also scummy to threaten to leave the game. Not as scummy as Joseph though.

You have said that you would leave the game as town before

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #968 on: May 21, 2016, 02:50:17 pm »

You have said that you would leave the game as town before

Huh? I don't remember that.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 21, 2016, 03:28:39 pm »

Fuck you

Not acceptable behavior. Get your act together.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 21, 2016, 03:32:36 pm »

It seems Yuma has left mafia, and may have also left f.ds altogether? I hope this is only temporary...
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 21, 2016, 03:35:01 pm »

Fuck you

To be fair, people should be able to vote as they please. I guess it could be argued that people should be able to abandon games as they please as well. I think the latter bodes far more damaging to the community and our ability to continue playing further games than the former by a lot. When we allow people to set ultimatums against people voting how they please I think we're not really playing the game anymore, we're just playing according to someone else's rules besides the mod's.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 21, 2016, 06:54:13 pm »

If another person successively votes for me without stating a reason I will drop this game and get mod killed. This has been three in a row.

I am here as a favor to RR. If you think I am scum or want me gone from the game state a reason. Otherwise I will assume you just don't want me to be playing here and leave.

Your reason why you can't be scum sounded vaguely like a thing you might make up as scum. It was also political, I have a thing where I'm pissing people off this game and voting you seemed like a good way to continue it.

There is a chance that RR might have dropped me into this game as scum at the start of day, but I would have protested it and really... you have been a mod. Would you see yourself making that decision to sub in a mafia player at the end of night rather than at the start?

The problem is that Roadrunner could have just dropped you into mafia nightchat at night and said "Hey, Yuma is replacing Chairs now" and then at the beginning of the day told everyone "Hey everyone, Yuma is replacing Chairs!" We don't know when he actually subbed you in. You may know, and therefore be making the fallacy of assuming that the rest of us know too. That would be townie. Or you could just be lying scum. It's null. It's not a point at all.

Strongly agree with this. Like, it would make sense to town!yuma if it's true for him and it does seem a bit far fetched for scum!yuma to try and leverage but overall it simply is not a thing for the rest of us to consider.
Wtf? You seriously think yuma would lie about when he got switched in just for a little bit of towncred?
That argument seems pretty bullshit to me.

Does no one else (except yuma) see the scum narrative on adk? I rather like it
I said yesterday I thought he was scummy maybe.

Why are people voting for Yuma and gkrieg?

Why shouldn't people be voting for yuma and gkrieg?
Because why on earth do people think yuma/chairs was scummy?
This doesn't seem at all evidence-based.

Also, ss is on L-2, I wouldn't mind lynching him. Don't like his obsession with thinking I'm scummy.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 21, 2016, 06:55:51 pm »

if I was obsessed with thinking you're scummy, I'd be voting for you.

We won't be winning with my lynch. We'd win with a Haddock lynch. It'd be a tremendous scum lynch.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 21, 2016, 07:32:08 pm »

It seems Yuma has left mafia, and may have also left f.ds altogether? I hope this is only temporary...
Seems like it.
Didn't this happen before though?
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 16 queries.