Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 139522 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2016, 01:06:26 pm »

Here is my conclusion:

e is spot on. iguanda is scum. vote: iguanda

This isn't a fakehammer. Did you spell his name wrong on purpose?

there is no d in his name!  :o

erm, no. maybe that's a sign? Let's vote: Haddock instead.

No... stupid idea. vote: iguana

It might very well have counted anyway, btw. That's up to the mod's discretion.
You've always spelt it like that and I've always assumed it was a joke I didn't get.

Has anyone collected together a case on iguana? I feel like he's done a few weird things, but I'd like to see them all at once to get a sense (preferably next to a list of towny things he's done).  Maybe I'll do that myself when I get a chance.  Jeez I really need to go get stuff done right now though.  Freaking mafia, distracting me all the time.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 12, 2016, 01:09:08 pm »

Iguana is trying to play like Awaclus (I don't know why), and sometimes he forgets and reverts to his normal playstyle, i.e. the huge argument trying to prove e wrong. That could potentially be revealing, as that written accusation by e (who was L-2 at the time) really cut deep into II's psyche. I don't think it's too much to read into until later on though. Seriously, can we get to the e lynch?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #377 on: May 12, 2016, 01:10:04 pm »

Here is my conclusion:

You've always spelt it like that and I've always assumed it was a joke I didn't get.

Has anyone collected together a case on iguana? I feel like he's done a few weird things, but I'd like to see them all at once to get a sense (preferably next to a list of towny things he's done).  Maybe I'll do that myself when I get a chance.  Jeez I really need to go get stuff done right now though.  Freaking mafia, distracting me all the time.

I'm going to work on that right now. I'm feeling like iguana is the best lynch.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 12, 2016, 01:15:41 pm »

Phone post. Seprix and haddock town. SS possible scum. Gonna keep voting for joseph
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 12, 2016, 01:27:23 pm »

Here is my conclusion:

I'm going to work on that right now. I'm feeling like iguana is the best lynch.

Cool man, when you are wrong please kill e tomorrow.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #380 on: May 12, 2016, 01:28:19 pm »

So here's my start to a case on ii. He's coming right out of the gates in his first post going after e. At first it's for opportunistic voting, but then he builds his case further from there. This is a case that goes back to just as we were getting out of rvs. Nothing e had done by that point looked particularly scummy (at least not to me). His entire game revolves around pushing e's lynch, with a brief diversion to Joseph.

I voted for ii pretty early on in order to get a better read on him. Then he did this:
We might butt heads this game because I've been trying to play more like Awaclus.

I really don't like this post. Basically I've expressed some suspicion on him, I think I was the only one so far, and he gives a reason why any reads I have on him might be skewed. Saying that he's trying to play more like Awaclus, one of the scummiest-by-default players on f.ds, looks to me like excusing any scummy behavior we see from him in the future. The thing is, he's not even resembling Awaclus that much; he's just scummy.

It does seem a little risky for scum!ii to go all out on e from the beginning, but then again having clear reads and sticking to them is generally a town tell. The problem is that when ii started going after e, it was way too early for clear reads.

So there's my case on ii, all laid out in words. I'm keeping my vote on him; I think our best option is to lynch him now.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 12, 2016, 01:33:14 pm »

Not a bad case, but e still made some scummy moves, which lead me to find scummy things about his game as well.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 12, 2016, 01:33:59 pm »

Maybe I'm tunneling e too hard here. I'll think about the possible scum!Iguana play.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 12, 2016, 01:35:52 pm »

Iguana is trying to play like Awaclus (I don't know why), and sometimes he forgets and reverts to his normal playstyle, i.e. the huge argument trying to prove e wrong. That could potentially be revealing, as that written accusation by e (who was L-2 at the time) really cut deep into II's psyche. I don't think it's too much to read into until later on though. Seriously, can we get to the e lynch?

Actually seprix might not be town. This post is weird. "Here's why ii might be scum! But we can look at that later, Lynch e now."
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 12, 2016, 01:39:46 pm »

His entire game revolves around pushing e's lynch, with a brief diversion to Joseph.

Damn straight, I have not felt this good about a lynch in a really long time. e's scum and I caught him. I'm kinda amazed that people think his defense is the least bit towny. I don't know if I will have time to address it or not tonight, but I'll give it my best shot when I get a chance.

I voted for ii pretty early on in order to get a better read on him. Then he did this:
We might butt heads this game because I've been trying to play more like Awaclus.

I really don't like this post. Basically I've expressed some suspicion on him, I think I was the only one so far, and he gives a reason why any reads I have on him might be skewed. Saying that he's trying to play more like Awaclus, one of the scummiest-by-default players on f.ds, looks to me like excusing any scummy behavior we see from him in the future. The thing is, he's not even resembling Awaclus that much; he's just scummy.
[/quote]

Okay, first of all, I really like Awaclus and I don't think he's the scummiest player on F.ds by a longshot. I think he's one of the best players on this site and admire his playstyle. Sometimes I wish I could play that way and get away with it -- just stick to my reads, let them speak for themselves, and not waste my time with all these pointless huge arguments. It's such a good way to play. I didn't tell you that to brush off your read on me. You had said that you don't like Awaclus' playstyle, so I was warning you that we might not be getting along if that is the case.

I have since gone back to my normal style of play. I don't really know what to say about that other than Sorry, Awaclus, I've failed you.

It does seem a little risky for scum!ii to go all out on e from the beginning, but then again having clear reads and sticking to them is generally a town tell. The problem is that when ii started going after e, it was way too early for clear reads.

So there's my case on ii, all laid out in words. I'm keeping my vote on him; I think our best option is to lynch him now.

Early on, I felt slight scum on e so I voted for him. Later, I felt he was more scummy so I explained my case. later than that, I felt almost sure he was scum and tried to exlain my thinking in detail. After his reads post, I found nothing but even more evidence that he is scum and I will explain that when I get a chance. I didn't start thinking e was scum arbritrarily. I looked at the evidence and formed my read over time.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #385 on: May 12, 2016, 01:40:14 pm »

Actually seprix might not be town. This post is weird. "Here's why ii might be scum! But we can look at that later, Lynch e now."

I mean, I get that. I'm pretty sure that one of them is scum, and it's way more likely to be ii. If one of them flips town though, we really need to look at the other.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 12, 2016, 01:43:13 pm »

I mean, I get that. I'm pretty sure that one of them is scum, and it's way more likely to be ii. If one of them flips town though, we really need to look at the other.

What's the current voting situation? I'd do it, but I messed it up last time. I can try to be more careful.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 12, 2016, 01:47:23 pm »

Current voting:

Gkrieg13 (2):  Joseph, Haddock
Iguanaiguana (3): J Reggie, e, Iguana
Joseph (4): Awaclus, ADK, PPS, chairs
e (3): Iguanaiguana, gkrieg13, Seprix

7 to lynch

Again, I can see scum!Iguana, but I think we could kick the can down the road. I suppose the e lynch could be kicked down as well. I'm not 100% Iguana is scum either, I think the case needs a little more work.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 12, 2016, 01:54:51 pm »

I am like really surprised I have any votes on me. I feel I'm the towniest I've been in a while

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #389 on: May 12, 2016, 02:02:40 pm »

I'm surprised so many people are still voting for Joseph. I thought we had determined he was probably town.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 12, 2016, 02:05:17 pm »

Here is my conclusion:

nah, I'm just a disaster with names. I'm not winning anymore with names. I also thought KingZog had a second n in his name until some pointed it out.

Hey, maybe that's where the n went off to!   ???

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #391 on: May 12, 2016, 02:05:46 pm »

I'm surprised so many people are still voting for Joseph. I thought we had determined he was probably town.

No, we determined (and he admitted it) that he is definitely scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 12, 2016, 02:10:12 pm »

wait that doesn't make sense. n ≠ d. Sorry.

Iguana is a bit less scum now than before his last post, but still more than anyone else.

PPS could also be scum. His town meta is doing something crazy from what I can tell. He's not crazy enough this game. Be a bit crazy please.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #393 on: May 12, 2016, 02:21:38 pm »

nah, I'm just a disaster with names. I'm not winning anymore with names. I also thought KingZog had a second n in his name until some pointed it out.

Man, I had almost forgotten about the terrifying King Zong who's going to ban us all!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 12, 2016, 03:34:49 pm »

wait that doesn't make sense. n ≠ d. Sorry.

Iguana is a bit less scum now than before his last post, but still more than anyone else.

PPS could also be scum. His town meta is doing something crazy from what I can tell. He's not crazy enough this game. Be a bit crazy please.

Meh, it's D1 in standard Mafia (as opposed to RMM). Everyone is giving some good stuff to look at tomorrow, doesn't matter too much who we lynch today since it will most likely be town, anyhow. If it's scum then we'll probably win but otherwise it will be typical Mafia with a fruity twist. I've been mislynched as a town!cop and a sk!cop with valid results back to back so I've basically given up on making for good play anymore. I mean what good is it to establish town cred if it is summarily ignored? Lynch me if you want, you probably won't since I'm not doing anything particularly towny. If you did it still would be no surprise.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 12, 2016, 03:35:11 pm »

Just call me Jimmmmm, today.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 12, 2016, 03:40:28 pm »

Meh, it's D1 in standard Mafia (as opposed to RMM). Everyone is giving some good stuff to look at tomorrow, doesn't matter too much who we lynch today

Lie. It matters very much who we lynch. Sure, it could be Town, but we can hit Mafia.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 12, 2016, 03:49:30 pm »

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #398 on: May 12, 2016, 04:00:48 pm »

This is sad. If you're so pessimistic about the game why are you playing?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 12, 2016, 04:11:13 pm »

This is sad. If you're so pessimistic about the game why are you playing?

I think he just got burned the last few times because of his party style so he is playing differently to avoid that this game. Doesn't mean he should stop playing.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.