Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 267727 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1575 on: June 10, 2016, 10:32:51 am »

I'll do ADK next, but not immediately.

Probably a good idea. I'd like to see someone else do ADK.

i might need to get myself a girlfriend

Join the club.

in other words, i decided that liopoil is town

Explain your reasoning?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 10, 2016, 10:37:43 am »

Oh hey:

Witherweaver: Are you scum?

Sorry, it's just that Teproc still owes me an answer on this one

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 10, 2016, 10:39:07 am »

Here's my super short, rushed summary of the middle of D1:

No idea why everyone wanted to lynch Jan; didn't you guys see the town slip???

like the votes on e lead by Jan, thinking e could be scum for sure.

Liopoil wtf I don't even... He's so all over the place.

Haddock is like treading water the whole game, just popping in every so often to say "Still haven't caught up yet! I'll post some content later!" Don't like it.

Ok and near the end here everyone is rushing through short posts near the deadline, no one feels like they have time to think about anything. I still really don't like how ADK starts the Awaclus wagon. So few people had scumread him during the game. It feels like the most insane cop-out ever.

Also could seriously go for a silverspawn lynch.... MAYBE Teproc (WW much townier, & his late-day play does not read like scum to me.) Could also lynch: Haddock, Gkrieg, e

for now Vote: ADK

Well, that was a mess. Good luck reading 60 pages in 24 hours Witherweaver! It's, uh, not going to be fun.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: June 10, 2016, 10:41:52 am »

Does anyone have, like, spark notes?

That's kinda what my rereads are :)

I'm sure they are not biased at all.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 10, 2016, 10:42:51 am »

Does anyone have, like, spark notes?

That's kinda what my rereads are :)

I'm sure they are not biased at all.

Nope!  But so are sparknotes ;)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: June 10, 2016, 10:47:39 am »

Oh hey:

Witherweaver: Are you scum?

Sorry, it's just that Teproc still owes me an answer on this one

It turns out I already answered!

Good news everyone!  Teproc was town.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: June 10, 2016, 10:59:41 am »

No idea why everyone wanted to lynch Jan; didn't you guys see the town slip???

That was not a townslip.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: June 10, 2016, 12:29:33 pm »

Sorry for my absence, I promise I will catch up tonight.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1583 on: June 10, 2016, 12:43:29 pm »

Sorry for my absence, I promise I will catch up tonight.

In the meantime, you should vote: ADK.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: June 10, 2016, 01:10:03 pm »

vote: J Reggie

Opportunist.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: June 10, 2016, 01:19:00 pm »

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: June 10, 2016, 01:24:21 pm »

I think I need to read J Reggie, I haven't been paying much attention to him.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: June 10, 2016, 01:35:48 pm »

Vote Count 2.5

liopoil (1): gkrieg13
Seprix (1): 2.71828.....
2.71828..... (1): Roadrunner7671
iguanaiguana (4): silverspawn, Haddock, fontisian, A Drowned Kernel
J Reggie (2): Witherweaver, Seprix
A Drowned Kernel (2): iguanaiguana, J Reggie

Not Voting (3): liopoil, Melisandre, Jan

Day 2 ends June 11 at 5 am forum time. That's in 15 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1588 on: June 10, 2016, 01:36:01 pm »

I'm liking this whole Seprix/melisandre thing; finding both of them townie.

I hear a lot about "town vs. town" arguments being scummy, and J Reggie said it here, for what it's worth.

Seprix, I'm agreeing with your case on ADK. It's basically what I was thinking but couldn't put into words. vote: ADK.

And with that I bid you goodnight.

Everyone also hates the ADK case, so J Reggie jumping on it could be seen as bad for some of you, who knows. J Reggie votes for ADK today as well in the end, spoilers.

So my thought process is as follows: I thought ADK looked scummy, then realized I didn't know why I thought that, then Seprix made a case and I agreed with it. And I definitely don't have a hard scum-read on anyone, so I'm going with what I've got and seeing how people react, which is how I play the game.

The opinion poll was partially because I was having trouble forming an opinion on the two others, partially because I thought people weren't talking about them enough for how much they had continued, and also because I'm always surprised by how people read my posts. Apparently people are finding me scummy this game. That's interesting; I guess it's fine. I'm still getting used to all these new people.

I'm currently feeling pretty town on melisandre, but I'm wary of that because we might just be used to different metas.

Also, if anyone has a preference for what pronouns you would like to be referred to by, let me know. I go by he/him/his. I feel like this is a thing we should do when we /in, but that probably won't catch on.

Pretty safe post, but it's not bad by any means. I can give J Reggie some town points for this.

J Reggie is pretty scummy too : his jumping on silver and ADK feels forced, not in a good way.

What is a good way to feel forced?  Is that even a thing?  And honestly yes, it is a little forced.  I kind of have to force reads early with very little information.  What happens after that is where the real reads come from.

Hmm. I like what Teproc thinks, I have no idea why I thought he was scum. J Reggie counters with a good point, town points for that.

I think I like where my vote is now. Here's the problem, and maybe this is too deep.

On f.ds, we are very concerned with meta. This can be a good thing or a bad thing. When someone's been playing here for long time, people get an idea of what they're usually like. That player also has an idea of how other people here read them and can use that to their advantage. When someone hasn't been playing here for a long time, they're usually a new player, and that in itself brings certain things that make them easier to read.

Jan is neither of these things. Jan has been playing mafia for a long time but is completely new to f.ds. A lot of the things that Jan is doing right now look really scummy from my perspective, but I'm only used to f.ds mafia. I'm sure that Jan knows better than to do things that are this scummy so obviously, aside from for WIFOM's sake, but I'm not seeing that right now.

It currently looks like a Jan lynch is the best option, but I don't want to make the mistake of lynching someone because they're an outsider. It's almost like we speak a different language, and Jan is saying "here are my honest reads" and I'm hearing "here's a fake reads list". So I'd like to hear what people have to say about this. I'm pretty new so I don't really know if any of this is right or not.

I found this very interesting. Could be Jan/J Reggie scum team, but he repeatedly votes Jan, and I think this is genuine enough to say that both are town or one is scum.

Wow, so we're getting close to the deadline and I still don't have any solid scum reads. I still think Jan is the way to go, but I could be persuaded otherwise. I'm not sure why Teproc is bussing me so hard reads me as scum. Does anyone else?

We don't have plurality lynch do we? This is going to be difficult.

Is J Reggie indecisive in the other game when he was scum? This could easily be scum playing confused town, but it could also be confused town. Man, all of this makes me want to read J Reggie in the other game.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: June 10, 2016, 03:33:03 pm »

I'm here!  And will be all evening.

I intend to have another look at iguana to see if I still agree with recent!me.  lio still looks really scummy and I could go there, but will stay where I am for now since there's no lio wagon to speak of.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: June 10, 2016, 04:43:27 pm »

Haven't reread iguana yet, but will do in a minute.

In the meantime, catching up, I realised that @gkrieg, you never did clarify that question you asked me that made no sense.  As I understood it to mean, it misrepresented me pretty hard.  So yeah I'm not gonna let you pretend you never asked the question.  I need you to tell me what you actually meant by it.

I also just saw my Reggie case from ages ago.  It's actually not a bad case, for D1!me, anyway.

As it stands, pre-iguana reread, my instinct is:
Would lynch:
iguana, liopoil, maybe Reggie.

Meh, could do I guess:
fontisian, ADK, gkrieg

Wouldn't lynch:
Witherweaver, silver

Probably wouldn't lynch: everyone else
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: June 10, 2016, 04:56:58 pm »

OK, so iguana does look bad in general, to my mind.  That's separate from the apparent scumslip.

There's lots of little things, but just a couple of posts I noticed on reread, which stood out as things I hadn't yet commented on:

This case on Lio is actually quite good. But I doubt it quite a bit, because it's coming from my second strongest scumread. Teproc early day looked awful, then he disappeared. Coming back with this does not inspire my confidence in the case.
This is really scummy from my perspective, amplified by the fact that I strongly disagree with his read on Teproc/Witherweaver.

People I currently don't want to lynch today:

liopoil
e (towny reads post recently)
RR (towny and easier to read later)
Awaclus (townread has intensified, just meta though)
J Reggie (Still towny)
Meli (At this point has just too much content to lynch today. If he were scum I'd would expect him to at least be trying to direct a lynch or something if he posts so much, but he's not voting)
Ichimaru Gin (Thinking like town)

People I don't have a reason to want to lynch:
fontisian (Not worried about content or buddying anymore)
silverspawn, gkrieg13
Teproc (We'll see...)

People there is some reason to lynch:
ADK, Hydrad, Haddock (Lurking)
Jan, Seprix (Still a bit scummy)

e being high town on this reads post makes no sense at all.  So there's something scummy from Lio... hmm....

Liopoil: Why'd you put e as town there?
Disagreement is not a scumtell.  And e is actually looking towny lately, fwiw (in his most most recent posts, anyway, which are not THAT recent). 

Haddock is like treading water the whole game, just popping in every so often to say "Still haven't caught up yet! I'll post some content later!" Don't like it.

Also could seriously go for a silverspawn lynch.... MAYBE Teproc (WW much townier, & his late-day play does not read like scum to me.) Could also lynch: Haddock, Gkrieg, e

for now Vote: ADK

Well, that was a mess. Good luck reading 60 pages in 24 hours Witherweaver! It's, uh, not going to be fun.
He's been nullreading me up to this point.  I just think it's wonderfully ironic that he's accusing me of treading water when he's actually had way more posts than me saying "I'm trying to catch up, I promise!"  Since I'm town, though, and I have been struggling this game, I can hardly scumread him for such posts.  And he's being quite hypocritical by using that as a reason to scumread me.

The main reason to not lynch iguana, from my perspective, is the fact that he and I disagree so much.  If he's town, then having someone whose reads disagree with mine probably increases the chance of winning, overall.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: June 10, 2016, 05:13:21 pm »

The main reason to not lynch iguana, from my perspective, is the fact that he and I disagree so much.  If he's town, then having someone whose reads disagree with mine probably increases the chance of winning, overall.

That's one of the least convincing arguments not to lynch someone I've ever heard.

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: June 10, 2016, 05:20:42 pm »

I'll be lurking in-and-out of the end-of-day 2 deadline.

Current wagons
liopoil (1): gkrieg13
Seprix (1): 2.71828.....
2.71828..... (1): Roadrunner7671
iguanaiguana (4): silverspawn, Haddock, fontisian, A Drowned Kernel
J Reggie (2): Witherweaver, Seprix
A Drowned Kernel (2): iguanaiguana, J Reggie

Would not lynch today:-
- Seprix (one of the most 'honest' voices in this game, his guilt-free execution of the awaclus wagon gains him town-WIFOM-points). His playstyle demonstrates that he doesn't want to hide this game.

Muddled reads but not interested:-
- 2.71828 (Began the game as obv-scum, but I town-leant on 2.71828's D1 emotional outrage of being scum-read by Jan, and the subsequent OMGUS-parody. I didn't see it as scum-theatre).
- A Drowned Kernel/J Reggie (I'll need to remind myself why I was town-leaning J Reggie and A Drowned Kernel from Day 1) less town-feels today though.
- liopoil (he'll never be night-killed after his trust-me-or-lynch-me counter. I don't see scum selling themselves that short though). Was the main focus of D1 (info for later).

- iguanaiguana (reading now) - the lack of enthusiastic counter wagons is interesting.

For now:
Vote: fontisian - is your play this game purposefully unreadable? I feel like you are holding back...
"Napoleon of crime".

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: June 10, 2016, 05:37:01 pm »

That's one of the least convincing arguments not to lynch someone I've ever heard.
I agree.  And it's the best reason I can come up with.  Hence me, y'know, still voting iguana.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: June 10, 2016, 05:39:08 pm »

I agree.  And it's the best reason I can come up with.  Hence me, y'know, still voting iguana.

Oh, I didn't realize you were. I was about to call you scummy for holding back the vote.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: June 10, 2016, 05:46:49 pm »

I'd like to hear something from e, just cos it's been a little while.  I realise I can't really talk, it's just frustrating that for the first time I'm actually HERE for a while, the massive amount of activity that seemed to happen when I was busy and elsewhere has evaporated.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: June 10, 2016, 05:48:19 pm »

I'd like to hear something from e, just cos it's been a little while.  I realise I can't really talk, it's just frustrating that for the first time I'm actually HERE for a while, the massive amount of activity that seemed to happen when I was busy and elsewhere has evaporated.

Hi
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1598 on: June 10, 2016, 05:50:04 pm »

Hi

Well, that's something at least.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: June 10, 2016, 05:51:11 pm »

Hi
Oh hey, cool!  Not to nag, or anything, but, any thoughts? :P 

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.