Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 267751 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #750 on: May 31, 2016, 01:54:48 pm »

12. Haddock
Going slightly against "number two", but not really.
Calls out ADK for a weak vote on Hydrad, which is potentially good.
Then goes in depth about his reads and reasons. Open minded (changing his awaclus read on revisiting) reads well.

Reads like a useful player to have around, and all around towny.
Kinda ignored the reggie reread right now, but everythign else was good and fine.

You read 3 of the people who pushed the best content in this game (Teproc, Haddock, Seprix) that you know in your scum list, and you don't even have a reason. (I don't count fonti/meli since you don't know them)

I appreciate these two compliments from Jan, but don't feel like I've earned them at all, which makes me super paranoid; I'm struggling not to see this as buddying. 

Sorry if these are genuine, Jan, I bet I look super ungrateful now.
But until I find something better,
vote: Jan
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 31, 2016, 02:30:04 pm »

I'm starting to wonder if rejecting townreads isn't actually a towntell here.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 31, 2016, 04:42:20 pm »

Someone somewhere asked about my ADK town read : read his huge reads list. Town!ADK is one of the most constructive players on this forum, scum!ADK tries his best, but he goes for much shorter posts, observing things as they go along but rarely simulating an overall view of the game.

That was not why you read him town initially, he made his big townpost after you said it. Unless I am missing it and he made one before the one he made lately.

I accept the townread in itself, but i am still curious why you read him towny before he made that list.
Generic signature involving the word homunculus.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 31, 2016, 04:46:17 pm »

Someone somewhere asked about my ADK town read : read his huge reads list. Town!ADK is one of the most constructive players on this forum, scum!ADK tries his best, but he goes for much shorter posts, observing things as they go along but rarely simulating an overall view of the game.

That was not why you read him town initially, he made his big townpost after you said it. Unless I am missing it and he made one before the one he made lately.

I accept the townread in itself, but i am still curious why you read him towny before he made that list.

The reads list is just a very obvious example of it for everyone, but I got that right away. It's hard to define, it's something I get from having played a lot with him, but whenever he's scum his posts are always feel wrong, to me.

ADK did post a link where I was wrong about that (thinking he was scum when he was not), but I've also caught him three times this way, one of which was pretty recently. I don't think I've been wrong the other way around ? Apparently I've often been scum when he was town, so I suppose that helps. In any case my track record is enough for me to trust my gut when it comed to him, at least the first few days.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 31, 2016, 04:55:26 pm »

12. Haddock
Then goes in depth about his reads and reasons. Open minded (changing his awaclus read on revisiting) reads well.

Kinda ignored the reggie reread right now, but everythign else was good and fine.

You read 3 of the people who pushed the best content in this game (Teproc, Haddock, Seprix) that you know in your scum list, and you don't even have a reason. (I don't count fonti/meli since you don't know them)

I appreciate these two compliments from Jan, but don't feel like I've earned them at all, which makes me super paranoid; I'm struggling not to see this as buddying. 

It's fine. I don't enjoy this game as much as I should, because you guys are so stuck up on your meta that you are unable to read anything new. Not faulting you for it because it is something most of you do (which means it is not only the scum between you).

If it comes to the point that i need to claim, then i will do that and leave you guys with my legacy if need be (you know some parts of it, but some things changed recently). Fairly busy at the moment with personal things, but we have like 24 hours or something till EoD, so that is more than enough time to resolve that part. (I don't see a lot of people siding with me, which makes it unlikely that anyone but me will be the lynch at the end of the day.

The sad part is that it will be the 2nd time that i actually get misslynched ever, and both games silver rolled scum. (@fonti I do not count the witchhunt where i suicided myself d1 as gambler, because I asked to get lynched to become an angel and noone at the time thought i was scum)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 31, 2016, 04:56:31 pm »

Not sure why gkrieg and Haddock are in there. I just forgot everything about them for a minute and so added them. The other four are the only ones I think might be good lynches, but I don't even have scumreads on Teproc or Hydrad yet.

This is at least the 4th or 5th threat liopoil makes re: me. It's all "well, we'll see if Teproc changes his mind when he comes back", or "well I'm not findin Teproc scummy... for now", etc. It's a very nicely disguied version of OMGUS coupled with some intimidation...

Why has the liopoil wagon disappeared ?
Read my posts, nowhere do I even suggest that I have a scumread on you. I don't. Well, I didn't, but now you're here so I can get a read on you, so there's a chance I might soon. We'll see. I've been saying this from the start.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 31, 2016, 05:00:08 pm »

12. Haddock

It's fine. I don't enjoy this game as much as I should, because you guys are so stuck up on your meta that you are unable to read anything new. Not faulting you for it because it is something most of you do (which means it is not only the scum between you).

If it comes to the point that i need to claim, then i will do that and leave you guys with my legacy if need be (you know some parts of it, but some things changed recently). Fairly busy at the moment with personal things, but we have like 24 hours or something till EoD, so that is more than enough time to resolve that part. (I don't see a lot of people siding with me, which makes it unlikely that anyone but me will be the lynch at the end of the day.

The sad part is that it will be the 2nd time that i actually get misslynched ever, and both games silver rolled scum. (@fonti I do not count the witchhunt where i suicided myself d1 as gambler, because I asked to get lynched to become an angel and noone at the time thought i was scum)
I don't like this giving up. The only wincon-motivation I can see is if you are scum pulling the AtE card. And I like to assume people play to their wincons.

Also, I think you are wrong about the reliance on meta here.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 31, 2016, 05:03:57 pm »

Also, have you read my response to Teproc? Ignoring it is just dodging accountability. Same for ADK.

Teproc: Interestingly he listed me as 'towny' a bit before he voted for me. Clearly those two posts if mine changed his mind. I'm interested to see how he responds to my defense, but right now I'd put it at slightly scummy.

Interesting point on Teproc. I'm still waiting to reserve final judgement until he responds to my later posts.

People I don't have a reason to want to lynch:
fontisian (Not worried about content or buddying anymore)
silverspawn, gkrieg13
Teproc (We'll see...)

Liopoil's Day One Lynchpool:

Jan
Seprix
Hydrad
Haddock
Teproc
gkrieg13

Not sure why gkrieg and Haddock are in there. I just forgot everything about them for a minute and so added them. The other four are the only ones I think might be good lynches, but I don't even have scumreads on Teproc or Hydrad yet.

You'll see that I didn't say you have a scumread on me : I'm saying you're laying the groundwork to do so if I don't back off, so that it doesn't look like OMGUS.

Here's the thing : why would you wait for me to respond to express a read ? It's not like I hadn't said anything up to that point. Maybe my response will change your mind, but why would you not state your read yet ? If we always waited for new information before giving reads, we wouldn't get anywhere... because you're not trying to get anywhere, that's why.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 31, 2016, 05:08:32 pm »

snip

I've been townreading you so far but I find your resignation to your lynch somewhat suspicious. The lynch is still very much up in the air as far as I'm concerned, but it's scum-indicative (to borrow Melis's phrasing) that you feel that your lynch is inevitable.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 31, 2016, 05:13:50 pm »

And I'm up to date.

So... I still like the liopoil lynch. It's not that town can't be nervous and overreact mind you, but liopoil isn't exactly the type, and he never stuck me as being particularly self-conscious either before (as either alignment, to be fair). His reaction... I suppose an indignant response would be what I'd expect from town, but the way liopoil is adressing me in particular strikes me as extremely scummy. He doesn't want to quite vote for me because he know it'll look OMGUSy, but he does leave the door open in case I persist. Basically now that I'm still pushing him, he's set himself up to vote for me and looking like I'm the one being unreasonable.

That's not how town thinks. Town wants to find scum, while scum is interested in the equilibrium of votes and getting people on their side or going after them. This is what liopoil is doing : not interested in finding out information, just interested in how the votes are going to go.
And I'm up to date.

So... I still like the liopoil lynch. It's not that town can't be nervous and overreact mind you, but liopoil isn't exactly the type, and he never stuck me as being particularly self-conscious either before (as either alignment, to be fair). His reaction... I suppose an indignant response would be what I'd expect from town, but the way liopoil is adressing me in particular strikes me as extremely scummy. He doesn't want to quite vote for me because he know it'll look OMGUSy, but he does leave the door open in case I persist. Basically now that I'm still pushing him, he's set himself up to vote for me and looking like I'm the one being unreasonable.

That's not how town thinks. Town wants to find scum, while scum is interested in the equilibrium of votes and getting people on their side or going after them. This is what liopoil is doing : not interested in finding out information, just interested in how the votes are going to go.
My read on you is contingent on how you react, not if you change or not. I leave the door open because I had no way of deciding whether to close or walk through it yet.

I'm honestly not sure where people see nervous or overreaction, even self-conscious. All I see is a towny defending himself while being aware of how people are reading him.

I think others will find (from a more neutral perspective) that my posts are indeed quite interested in who's scum rather than who's getting lynched.

PPE: oops yeah you didn't say that sorry.

The very little you had said so far was not substantial, just a poorly supported case. I could only form a null to a maybe very slight scum read on you. There were some specific things I said that I wanted you to respond to. I'll pull them up in a minute...

Waiting for information was fair because at the moment I was posting plenty and you were not. And I had a specific thing in mind.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 31, 2016, 05:16:26 pm »

Oops, double quote. Also thought it would be nice to see what happens if you knew I was basing my read off what you say. So far you've responded to thah in an infortunate but mostly towny way.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 31, 2016, 05:24:32 pm »

Vote Count 1.8

2.71828..... (4): gkrieg13, Jan, A Drowned Kernel, fontisian
Seprix (1): Awaclus
liopoil (1): Teproc
fontisian (2): Roadrunner7671, Hydrad
Jan (5): silverspawn, liopoil, J Reggie, 2.71828....., Haddock
silverspawn (1): Seprix

Not Voting (2): Melisandre, Ichimaru Gin

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Day 1 ends June 1 at 4:30 pm forum time. That's in 23 hours.

A heads up that I may not be around for the deadline, in which case the flip (if any) will be delayed an hour or two.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 05:26:11 pm by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 31, 2016, 05:33:27 pm »

snip

I've been townreading you so far but I find your resignation to your lynch somewhat suspicious. The lynch is still very much up in the air as far as I'm concerned, but it's scum-indicative (to borrow Melis's phrasing) that you feel that your lynch is inevitable.
Believe what you want i have been awake for 20 hours. need tog et up early tomorrow and have no time to fight it right now.

Half of you guys are unable to read me, the other half says the will do it later, when getting reads on those people should be the most important thing to do by far now.

I could explain every little detail of my play, but not now. maybe tomorrow when i get hope, but that is msot likely to late unless people are around for a CFD.

My two hardest scumreads at the moment (lio/e) are both on my wagon, with my townflip you should have a way easier time reading the wagon and try to find the scum.
Look at the people and their reasoning for why they are voting me. Most of it is poor reasoning and just excuses.

(He will hate me for saying that) but the towniest vote on me is haddock who is afraid that i am buddying him.

Reggie is just pure excuses. He votes for me because he doesn't have any meta and justr eads everything i do as scummy, which would be fine, but he doesn't even mention his read on E which should be the one to compare it to. If he has good reasons to townread E for meta then it is fine, but what he wrote is not good. (and that is the 2nd towniest vote because he is jsut new and might not know any better, him talking about meta when he hasn't finished a single game is still kinda weird to me).

SS is just .. I don't know rubbing me the wrong way with a lot, but i am slightly afraid that it is just omgus on my part. (in the nearest sense of the word, bwcause him not reading me town means that he just sounds if he is town, which makes him more likely mafia)

E .. i explained my reasoning. fonti explained hers. I have no idea why a single person in this game would believe him to be town.

Lio is also highly suspect. The only difference is that he sounds like a less experience player just with the way he acts, which makes him possible dumb town.

Not sure if anyone else is voting me right now. If so then their reason was so bland that i forgot it.

/rant.

Have fun goodnight.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 31, 2016, 06:21:59 pm »

Sorry I might not get around to this today. Packing and moving taking up much more time than I thought

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 31, 2016, 06:43:13 pm »

Why does it make a huge difference to you if i vote on her or not?

Asking "why does it make a difference to you that I'm doing something?" is, like, inherently scummy. It makes a difference to me if you're scum, because I win this game by lynching scum. Everything scummy you (or anyone else) does automatically makes a difference to me. I shouldn't have to explain this.

The less scummy way of asking that would have been "why do you think it's scummy that I didn't vote?" It's scummy because it's a lack of commitment. Your phrasing indicated a pretty high level of confidence, and the case on lio is pretty bad, so a switch seemed to be appropriate.

This is a weak point and I knew it was weak when I just said it a minute ago, but I did it anyway because provoking people is good. And look here, it got you to say the next scummy thing right away.

As you might have read, there is a more than random chance that if one of them flips scum both might, (in my eyes) why do you think relieving pressure of lio without putting real pressure on fonti is useful?

you're supposed to vote for whom you think is scum. Thinking too much in terms of pressure is a scum tell. And lio was not even close to being lynched.

You are likewise doing what lio was accused of, which is overreacting to pressure, except you're doing it in the way that scum would actually do it, i.e. not self-conscious at all. Which is another thing you didn't do in the championship game.

This post makes me want to vote Jan.

Jan's defence/reply makes me feel better about his slot though: (Post #668) Jan's reasons for keeping his vote on liopoil and not on fontisian sound well thought out.

I haven't liked fontisian's vibe this game but this looks like a player comfortable with the attention on herself:
I like to be interesting.

I had a gut read on Jan, then I liked the case on liopoil, then I stopped liking it and went back to my previous vote of Jan, who happened to have more votes now. It's pretty simple. The only wagon I hopped on was liopoil.
Yup that is shamelessly "simple"  ;D - with no attempt to flower it up with reasons. WIFOM tells me to like this.

Nothing jumps out scummy/contradictory with 2.71828's four reads on liopoil, A Drowned Kernel, Jan and gkrieg13. However, I was intrigued by his "shame on you guys for thinking liopoil is scum.  Totally town." comment.

2.71828 sounds offended by Jan's attack on his reads-list (Post #695) - I'm town-leaning this sensitivity. 2.71828 isn't afraid to follow up his disgust with a vote on Jan too (Post #696).

Liopoil's Day One Lynchpool:

Jan
Seprix
Hydrad
Haddock
Teproc
gkrieg13
liopoil is open to many lynches, even players he's not scum-reading ;D Does not scum-liopoil care about the backlash? Clearly not. He is happy to openly admit he'd support information lynches. Wouldn't scum be more cautious here?
"Napoleon of crime".

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 31, 2016, 07:11:30 pm »

Either he gives the townread for the list without reading it, which means he is bad (oh look a wall of text that has to be town) or he knows i am town because he is scum.

Ok, I can see what you're saying:
- 2.71828 rushed out a town-read on you (a naive skim-read read?) 
- 2.71828 flipped on his town-read on you to a scum-read (despite liking parts of your very same post)

yeah, I totally said I liked Jan's post and didn't really read it all that well.  I saw he made a little case on me and kind of skimmed the rest.  guilty as charged.  But going back and really reading it was enlightening.
Is scum-2.71828 more likely to react in this way?

Yes, on the surface the dramatic switch looks very bad as either alignment: (scum-bad-OMGUS), but is it just town-bad? I.e does scum-2.71828 really dump his scum-reads to enter an emotionally-charged attack on you... someone he'd just said he was loving the reads/posts of? [I'd need convincing there. Right now, I'm thinking town incensed-2.71828.]

"Napoleon of crime".

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 31, 2016, 07:21:22 pm »

I think Jan's flailing makes him more likely to be scum. He was all but a guaranteed lynch before he made that post - e was only 1 lynch behind. Now though? Pretty sure I don't want to move.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 31, 2016, 07:21:36 pm »

*1 vote

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 31, 2016, 08:06:26 pm »

I agree with this plan. Here, I'll help:

vote: SS
Why is silverspawn scum?

I am not sure this near-deadline vote is doing anything  :-\

Haddock may have been promoted to null-town-lean with this comment - it carries an air of 'honesty' to it.

"Napoleon of crime".

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 31, 2016, 08:24:52 pm »

I mean I even SAID that you were going to find it scummy. There literally is no towny response to that question, so I said it was stupid. And I knew RR what going to post exactly what he did, that I dodged the question, so I posted again. Like, what the heck am I supposed to do.

The above is defensive, but my original posts were not, they were dismissive of what is a ridiculous way to scumhunt. Let me demonstrate:

Teproc: Are you scum?

Note that no matter what you say I will be finding a way to interpret it as scummy. Because, your whole argument rests on the idea that only scum cares about how they look, which is just false. But my original posts even show that I didn't care that much, since this reaction was soooo predictable. I could have just said 'no' and moved on, but personally I would find that to be a much more scummy response.
Teproc do you have anything more to say with regard to this post?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 31, 2016, 10:22:03 pm »

I agree with this plan. Here, I'll help:

vote: SS
Why is silverspawn scum?

I am not sure this near-deadline vote is doing anything  :-\

I don't want to vote Jan now for at least a day, purely based on the fact that I haven't played with him before. I don't like the liopoil case, and everyone but me thinks ADK is town. Well, I have no choice really but to vote SS, who has been consistently scum in every game I've been in so far lately.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 31, 2016, 10:26:32 pm »

My preferred lynches are Liopoil, Jan, ADK, and Fontisian, in no particular order. I have an ADK scumslip by the way, let me find it.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 31, 2016, 10:27:26 pm »

My preferred lynches are Liopoil, Jan, ADK, and Fontisian, in no particular order. I have an ADK scumslip by the way, let me find it.

!!!

Is it the one I found?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 31, 2016, 10:29:16 pm »

OK, time for to catch up via a player-by-player reread:

liopoil:

There's a lot going on with liopoil, and some strong emotional reactions. I'm not really used to that from him, but I haven't played in that many games with him. I have a hard time understanding we're he's coming from a lot of the time, and his posts seem to contain a lot of contradictions. The easy explanation is that's because he's scum and his stances are fabricated, but it might be town and approaching the game differently than me.

Notable posts:

439 stood out to me because of the hedgey position on RR. He feels it's important to point out that he didn't explicitly townread RR, then says that he does in fact townread RR.
   201, 446, and 448 stand out because he gives an RVS baiting post (null) but carries it over to far after actual discussion has begun, then immediately backs off on it. It's scummy for a couple of reasons: first, I would expect town to have forgotten about/dropped their baiting by that point, and second, the immediate unvoting suggests that he was feeling self-conscious about it.
   570 and the next post, there's not a whole lot to say except that liopoil looks extremely self-conscious. His following posts seem frustrated which can come as easily from town as from scum but it's the original reaction that's important.
   601 this might just be a playstyle disagreement but I don't like that's he's discouraging voting as a means of applying pressure.
   623 I don't think his analysis of his wagon is bad, although he does some overly hesitant to outright call anyone scum. But I don't like the last line, I find trying to direct conversation like that scummy. Your wagon is what's happening, people have a right to discuss it and give their thoughts and pursue it.
   697 is a weird lynchpool, and 704 is frankly bizarre. What's a lynchpool if not a list of players you find at least somewhat scummy? Are you willing to lynch players you have a townread on?

Summary: Hedgey, self-conscious, weird. Status: Would lynch.

gkrieg:

Other than his stream-of-consciousness posts, almost all of his posts are one or two lines long. He puts a lot of things in terms of “I like this” or “I don't like that” without much elaboration into his thought process. Honestly it reads as towny; scum bends over backwards to justify themselves. He pokes and prods and seems generally engaged, if overly reluctant to commit to actual reads.

Notable posts:

420 something about this post and his whole consideration of the Seprix/Melis/me situation reads towny to me. He seems like he's very engaged in the situation and working to form reads.
   528, 529 again, gkrieg is brief with his posts but does seem like he has something to say.

Summary: Natural, engaged, doesn't seem forced. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

Fontisian:

After a strong initial post, seems to take a long time to get into the game. Brusque reactions to a lot of things, willing to put herself out there. A little on the lurky side, and seems to be more reactive than proactive. Not putting a whole lot of her own reads out there, but the ones that she does are strong reads, which I think ends up as towny.

Notable posts:

496 this sort of analysis looks towny.
   620 is one of those posts that's so towny, it's scummy. But I don't think that it could be coaching, scum generally knows better than to do that kind of thing. If anything it makes me think that lio and font are less likely to be partners.
   657 and on the flip side, this is one of those things that's so scummy it couldn't possibly be coming from actual scum.

Summary: Slightly lurky, but forward and willing to stand by her opinions. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

Silverspawn:

A lot of well though-out analysis. I don't 100% agree with all of it, but he's very engaged with the game and is one of my strongest townreads on this reread so far. Has a very relaxed tone, talks a bit about things unrelated to the game.

Notable posts:

514 the big reread. This kinds of posts aren't impossible to fake as scum and silver is absolutely a good enough player to do so, but it makes me not want to vote for him today.
   561, 611 Silver gives IG a townread but is soon after willing to question IG's flop on Teproc. Towny; scum isn't so quick to change reads.
   655 Silver's reasoning seems spot on here. I like what I see.

Summary: On the ball, engaged, relaxed. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

RR:

Eh. Pretty typical Roadrunner stuff. Says a bunch of stuff that would scummy coming from anyone else. Completely misunderstands RVS and seems to be playing a different game than everyone else (not a different mafia game, like he's playing parcheesi or something). But I like the whole liopoil thing, and he does have enough actual content that I don't want to lynch him.

Notable posts:

627, 630 does a good job of explaining himself against pressure.

Summary: Typical Roadrunner. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

Melisandre:

Bold play, not afraid of controversy, lot of poking of players and looking for reactions. Seems to put a lot of consideration into his reads. Asks a lot of pointed questions, and seems to genuinely consider the answers. Confident, conversational, flippant at times with his reaction gifs. Another strong townread.

Notable posts:

617, one of the few Melis posts I didn't like. At that point I think the lio situation demanded a stance, or at least a good explanation for not taking a side, rather than humor.

Also:

What do you mean? You heard from me today.
When are you going to start playing?

hahahahahahaha

Seprix:

Was very active at the start of the game, then gets a little lurkier. I like his early argument with Melis but my town read fades as I read him as the day goes on. I would like to see more commited reads from him on people who aren't Melisandre.

Notable posts:

457 do you have a read on liopoil?
   516 do you have a read on silverspawn?
   589 do you have a read on IG?

Summary: Somewhat lurky, and a strong shift in playstyle throughout the day. Status: Would lynch.

Hydrad:

A grand total of three four posts. There's seriously almost nothing here. Even Hydrad isn't usually this lurky, right?

Summary: Super lurker. Status: Would lynch.

Awaclus:

Ok, I'm going to try and overcome my Awaclus-bias here.

Typically closed-mouthed. I guess he finds Seprix scummy! I'm not expecting him to explain why. Although if he was town, I would expect more people would be pushing his lynch, since being anti-Awaclus is so easy, so I think that's worth at least a scumlean.

Summary: Awaclus. Status: Would lynch.

Yeah, couldn't overcome it.

J Reggie:

Seems relaxed. Seems very aware of people's metas for a newer player. I'll admit he's a bit enigmatic to me, I'm pretty much null on him. Is little shifty, willing to change his votes a lot. Well, there's a few posts that do look towny:

305 willing to change his mind without making a big deal about it.
   480 the tone of this feels relaxed and towny.
   570 the original liopoil vote is pretty bold, especially from a new player.

The one thing that still stands out to me is this:

314 J Reggie: why was gkrieg, specifically, on this list? He had made barely any posts by that point.

Summary: Hanging back, but relaxed. Not the townies but not the scummiest. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

Haddock:

Few posts, but some of them are pretty long. Is tunneling J Reggie pretty hard. His reads seem kind of floaty, like he doesn't quite know where he's landed yet. I would like to see more from him but he's landed on town for now. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

Ichimaru Gin:

Fairly quiet for Ichi, although I suppose no one's put any pressure on him so we haven't had the classic Ichi blow-up yet. Does seem to get more involved as the day goes on, especially in his interactions with liopoil. The turn-around there makes me lean town for now.

327, 547 casual, gut-based votes for people who don't currently have big wagons on them. Towny.
   608 again, casual, conversational. Towny.

Summary: Casual, a little quiet. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

e:

Not really liking what I see here. OMGUS's hard against Jan, doesn't seem to have strong opinions on anyone else. A lot of his early posts seem kind of empty and forced. e's usually more on the ball than this I think.

Notable posts:

282, 494['url] this kind of empty posting is odd from e.
   [url=http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=14936.msg604193#msg604193]583
this reread list seems kind of lazy and faked to me.

Summary: Removed, disengaged, reactive. Status: Would lynch.

Jan:

Somewhat abrasive. Asks a lot of questions, prods people a lot. Seems to focus his attention on the people he's already played with, but that's understandable.

500 Jan/fontisian looks like town fighting town to me.
   668 a very involved explanation of his reasoning. I buy it as a genuine explanation of his thought process, even if I disagree with the conclusion.
   690 massive player-by-player reread. Those are, like, super towny.

Summary: Abrasive, proactive, opinionated. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

Teproc:

Teproc is always next to impossible for me to read, but I'm leaning town here. He's reserved and rational. He went out on a limb with the liopoil thing. Another player that I want a little more from at this point.

376 I feel like Teproc should get that what Melis was doing (or was claiming to have done) was posted the reads list as a reaction test. But eh.
   575 for me what stands out as towny about this is the “this is going to look ridiculous, but...” line. Scum's going to try and be super confident in their reads. Teproc also I think tries to present himself as super rational as scum, and wouldn't qualify his vote like that.

Summary: Reserved, fairly typical of his meta. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

So my lynchpool looks like:

liopoil, Hydrad, Awaclus, Seprix, e. The liopoil read is probably the strongest, with e after that, and I think those would be the most informative lynches. I'm going to go with

Vote: e
Sorry for reposting a long thing, but I'm on mobile. This was by far easier.

It's bolded, near the top.

PPE: Probably not.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 31, 2016, 10:32:04 pm »

Yeah, I don't think that's a scum slip. And I want an ADK lynch. Nice try though. :)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.