Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 267715 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #525 on: May 27, 2016, 03:11:26 pm »

gkrieg13 re-read (lot's of town-reads dished out)

gkrieg13's early reads (not much meat on them, but it's early):
I like teproc so far

Also ADK is making the sense. The reads list doesn't seem too contrived to me

Town-meta defends Roadrunner7671 after I made a naked-vote on him (Post #309).

gkrieg13 then interestingly decides to tackle the two leading wagons (an ISO on both Seprix and ADK). Conclusions? Sounds like gkrieg13 is town-reading Seprix and null-town-leaning on ADK. [Many were quick to town-read gkrieg13's efforts here]

(Post #441) - gkrieg13 warns us about how scum can use meta to hide behind.

I also agree that it was weird to put me in a mix of people you could actually already have reads on.
Town-weird or scummy-weird?

Note for later: gkrieg13 chose not to jump onto either of the leading D1 wagons. His early close-focus has been on two of the most talked-about players so far, I want to see that same close-analysis of other slots. His reads look like they are built on a player's tone ("genuine", "honestly", "he is trying") [instead of saying Player X is town for doing x, y and z]. You have to be very confident/comfortable with a slot to use such tonal analysis.

It will also be interesting if gkrieg13 scum-reads a player on tone (i.e 'not genuine', "dishonest', 'he is not trying'). Once I see gkrieg13 in attack mode I may get a better read of him.

I will get to this game later. I haven't seen anything too scummy (I haven't been reading too closely because of V/LA. Had a red eye to Boston so running on little sleep as is).

I think I get more attacky when I'm fairly certain of a read. I think because I feel like people's tone is really all you can go for D1. My reads will become much more thing based when people start doing more things.

I can see there are other questions for me in the thread, but it's hard to answer them all and reread on mobile. However it will be a long time until I can be at a computer again so I'll try to get to those this afternoon

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 27, 2016, 03:46:22 pm »

vote: Seprix

Starting my reread and this stuck out to me. It seems very late to the party when the momentum for the wagon had already left. Also e tends to be more verbose and giving out town reads. I want to vote e, but I already think I am.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 27, 2016, 03:54:30 pm »

By the way : Melisandre, could you get a signature, or personal text, or something ? As has been pointed out, we have no special feature for specifically looking at one player's post, and there's nothing I can Ctrl+F to isolate your posts right now (because "pawn" is in "silverspawn" and "posts: 1" also triggers Hydrad, e etc.).
Amended.

Thanks !

So, you're opening the game with a huge reads list, and accusing people voting for you of trying too hard to be towny ? You do see the irony there right ? More importantly, I'm curious how your games usually start : people taking strong stances on small things is the essence of day 1 mafia.
"accusing people" - only Seprix. But we got to the bottom of his scum-read. Please read Post #301. I could not see the forced-reads/bad-scum angle on Page 1-RVS. If I'd presented the same hollow/unsupported/naked readslist on this page - I think Seprix may have had an argument.

Obviously I read it, I see it as Seprix exaggerating his instinctual read (that your post was scummy) to move the game along, which is townie in my book. What I find amusing/hypocritical is the whole "LAMIS" thing, because that term completely applies to your first few posts.

ADK is obvtown already, this is going great.
What's your take on the ADK-hate since making this early comment?
Do you think the scum-case/suspicion on ADK is reachy/tangible/weak/healthy-paranoia?

Of those, I'll got with "healthy-paranoia". More precisely, "early active player syndrome". Anyone who is active early willreceive suspicion because that's how the game gets started : you can only find people scummy if they post, and moreso if they post things of substance (I'm talking early game here). I don't agree with those people, but their votes seem fine, except for j-reggie, which gets us to...

When silver and ADK were voting for me he criticized that and threw suspicion on both, though he focused more on ADK.
Just re-reading that passage now...

Is this what you meant: 'Scum-J Reggie jumped on the town-players scum-reading town-you'? (Motivation: town-cred?)

Close. While I think ADK is town, I try to avoid arguments that are contingent on multiple alignments. It's more that I think J-Reggie saw a succession of two votes on someone, and did the apparently reasonable thing (I guess you'd call it LAMIST) of siding against them. It's just that his
[/quote]

I like this case from teproc

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 27, 2016, 04:00:07 pm »

@Roadrunner7671 - why did you ask Seprix to 'chill'?
We had an incident recently, someone left the forum over a Mafia game. It's an ongoing game and a touchy subject, so we won't dwell into that.

But I don't want Seprix to leave or cause someone else to leave. Like, why would he assume someone was British or trying to make him look like a fool?
Man, why are you equating calling someone British with insulting them?  :(

Anyway.  Yeah I think I'm caught up now.  There's way too much going on in this game for me to follow easily though.  Phew.

Thoughts so far:
RR and Awaclus are being their usual town selves as far as I'm concerned.   Though haven't heard from Awa in a while?

Seprix is meh.  I come out null-scummy on him, but it's just gut, and my gut can't be reliable at all, I just don't have a feel for Seprix at this point.

J Reggie looks bad in places, and I think is worthy of a vote. Will check vote count before I do so, seems like lots of votes on him lately.

Melisandre does big posts in a kinda me-ish style, which I really like.  Need to read him more carefully to get anything out of it, but I lean towny on him overall.

I wanna have a closer look at ADK too, which I'll get to at some point.

I don't like the town read that he gives melis here

Just having the same posting style as someone is not a reason to town read them

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 27, 2016, 04:02:02 pm »

Though haven't heard from Awa in a while?

What do you mean? You heard from me today.

Don't worry, he is just overly suspicious of you. Trying to create a case and all

More bad from e. Lots has happened in the game thus far and this is all he decides to comment on

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 27, 2016, 04:06:01 pm »

Melisandre/Seprix reads good and involved.

fonti being a copycat is kinda boring.

Her pointing out the rolehunting and the adk thing read towny.

i need some sort of reason for the liopoil thing, because that guy is not towny in my book.

i will do one better :

Vote: liopoil

I think silver involvement and him trying to guide with helping with metareads is kind of towny?!
I can see him faking this as scum, because if he doesn't do it someone else will, but in the end the people who don't have meta infos might look scummy for pushing on people who look scummy but are well in their town meta.

I also have a few rolereads if people are interested.

I don't know why but there just seems like there is something off in this post, but I can't quite put my finger on it

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 27, 2016, 04:07:00 pm »

Also, vote: J Reggie
Vote: Teproc

I don't like this vote from JReggie

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #532 on: May 27, 2016, 04:08:05 pm »

Neither of those are my vote...

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 27, 2016, 04:08:13 pm »

Teproc did just claim scum, but only in an RVS way, so I suppose I should Unvote.

Now re-evaluating Seprix. Opting to read gkrieg's post rather than carve eyes out.

Then an unvote very quickly afterwards. Why the unvote lio?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 27, 2016, 04:08:26 pm »

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 27, 2016, 04:09:05 pm »

Neither of those are my vote...

Sorry. For*

Wow. So totally meant I don't like the Teproc vote from lio

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 27, 2016, 04:13:19 pm »

As painful as it was to read gkriegs posts, the stream of consciousness style was reasonable towny.

Let's do the test!

Hey friends of the meta-verse!

Does gkrieg post in this style regardless of alignment, is it a town thing or just a new thing that you rarely see done by him regardless of alignment?

asking for a friend.

I mean a mean person would say that most of those post is rephrasing other peoples post without actually pushing new content in them.
(3 lines with addional content - 1 of them about mechanics, 1 about general mafia playstyles and 1 about the person he was reading at the time)
His conclusion is ok.

Talking about gkrieg :
"I kinda agree with him here that the reads list could have been taken as serious and actually gave him a lot of towncred regardless of whether it was real or not for some reason."
you said earlier you believed the list could have been real as well as the content. or rather that it wasnt "too contrived".

you sadly didnt react to my question about said list.
Why did you think the list might have been genuine?
Which reads were you able to comprehend or share at the time?

Honestly it was because I didn't read the reads list very carefully and it didn't seem like there were many strong reads.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 27, 2016, 04:16:32 pm »

@Seprix Yeah, all three things you quoted were meant to be cryptic. Not sure why you quoted the first, scummy thing to do really. The Teproc thing was because I said way early that the next person to vote for J Reggie would be scum, and that was Teproc. I would have had a legitamite scumread on anyone who voted J Reggie shortly after, but enough time passed that for Teproc it's null. The nts thing wasn't intended to be convenient for a reader; it was mostly just for myself, but okay.

@Jan the fortisian thing is mostly that she is agreeing with me on literally everything, and that continued even further now. Why? I'm not that persuasive.

I read silver's championship game so I have a bit of meta on you and meli. Meli's way of defending himself is far different from there. But I don't rely on meta that much, mostly just a check on what I'd otherwise think. My scumread on Seprix would be much stronger if it weren't Seprix, for example.

Why should the fact that I disagree with you affect my read on your alignment?

I did not feel pressured to add more scumreads, in fact, I added in Awaclus afterwards because the ratio was a bit weird. Awaclus is the weakest read. Apart from that, the townreads are stronger than the scumreads, naturally.

This last part reads scummy to me. I don't think you ever need to add reads to your list just because

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 27, 2016, 04:20:38 pm »

@Meli, most of the things you bring up on your quotes of my posts I have already addressed satisfactorily, so I won't again. There were a few which I'll explain more though. Both you and Jan are asking questions in the same odd way, it's puzzling.

@gkrieg also answered that already

Obviously in my reads I filled in the reasons after writing the name, but I thought of the reasons before writing them. Generally I write left-to-right, like most people.

By 'not saying much' I meant that while she is in fact posting, the content is not so original. This has since changed.

In my next post I will show you "literally everything". Spoiler: It's figurative in the sense you probably interpretted it.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 27, 2016, 04:23:45 pm »

@Seprix Yeah, all three things you quoted were meant to be cryptic. Not sure why you quoted the first, scummy thing to do really. The Teproc thing was because I said way early that the next person to vote for J Reggie would be scum, and that was Teproc. I would have had a legitamite scumread on anyone who voted J Reggie shortly after, but enough time passed that for Teproc it's null. The nts thing wasn't intended to be convenient for a reader; it was mostly just for myself, but okay.

@Jan the fortisian thing is mostly that she is agreeing with me on literally everything, and that continued even further now. Why? I'm not that persuasive.

I read silver's championship game so I have a bit of meta on you and meli. Meli's way of defending himself is far different from there. But I don't rely on meta that much, mostly just a check on what I'd otherwise think. My scumread on Seprix would be much stronger if it weren't Seprix, for example.

Why should the fact that I disagree with you affect my read on your alignment?

I did not feel pressured to add more scumreads, in fact, I added in Awaclus afterwards because the ratio was a bit weird. Awaclus is the weakest read. Apart from that, the townreads are stronger than the scumreads, naturally.

This last part reads scummy to me. I don't think you ever need to add reads to your list just because
It was more: Hmmm, surely I can form more townreads. I proceed to look through the playerlist and yep, Awaclus is towny. Like, sure it wasn't needed, but not something that only scum does.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: May 27, 2016, 04:24:28 pm »

@Meli, most of the things you bring up on your quotes of my posts I have already addressed satisfactorily, so I won't again. There were a few which I'll explain more though. Both you and Jan are asking questions in the same odd way, it's puzzling.

@gkrieg also answered that already

Obviously in my reads I filled in the reasons after writing the name, but I thought of the reasons before writing them. Generally I write left-to-right, like most people.

By 'not saying much' I meant that while she is in fact posting, the content is not so original. This has since changed.

In my next post I will show you "literally everything". Spoiler: It's figurative in the sense you probably interpretted it.

Sorry must not have read that part yet

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 27, 2016, 04:31:55 pm »

"Literally" everything:

Leopoil's Melisandre burn was spot on. I also dig his Teoroc vote and unvote.
We haven't seen Haddock, Hydrad, Fontisian or Liopoli yet.

Guys?
Actually, liopoli has been around and made some pretty sweet points earlier.
Please raise your hand if you thought I was being serious with that page one reads list / "solid scum-case" on Awaclus?
This post is far more scummy that your reads list, which was slightly towny.

Off-topic: Why is roadrunner RR rather that RRR? I'm going to start calling him RRR, maybe

I have some real townreads on a few players, no real scumreads. That's how I always start the game it seems.
You shall also be town. It is known.

Make of it what you will. Not quite as much as I remembered, but it was at least notable. Now it feels less insightful though.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 27, 2016, 04:50:26 pm »

I'm here. Having trouble getting into this game. No one really seems to have any thoughts either way on me. Maybe that's partially my fault.

I do know that I don't find gkrieg scummy anymore, so unvote

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 27, 2016, 04:53:13 pm »

Oh. Yeah one thing I don't like is silver's reluctance to accept that I'm an IC.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 27, 2016, 04:54:45 pm »

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 27, 2016, 04:55:14 pm »

Also, this is the internet and I can't even see you, but I want to be respectful of you so it'd be nice if people responded saying what their pronouns are.
He.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 27, 2016, 04:55:43 pm »

Oh. Yeah one thing I don't like is silver's reluctance to accept that I'm an IC.

What does this mean?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 27, 2016, 04:56:01 pm »

vote: silver. I'm getting them scum vibes.

PPE: 1

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 27, 2016, 04:57:20 pm »

I like teproc and haddock from the last page

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 27, 2016, 04:59:48 pm »

What does this mean?
I think it's clear I'm town, and I think town!silver is usually better at recognizing town!me.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 16 queries.