Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32  All

Author Topic: M76: Soap Opera Mafia (Game Over! Town Wins!)  (Read 77933 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M76: Soap Opera Mafia (D1)
« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2016, 07:10:09 pm »

although I think I'm feeling townish on iguana.

8) Bros4lyfe  8)

Name one time we were not the same alignment. We are even same tribe!
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 12, 2016, 08:44:03 am »

Wow.

Deathly silence.

Anyone around?

I might post a reads list at some point just to kick some discussion off, but I think I'll have to actually reread first, I'm losing track of things.

The first things I remember are that I find Joseph a bit scummy (obviously), e is still slightly scummy too, and I don't much like Ash's latest comments - don't know if that means he's scum, just that I don't like them.

Iguana seems towny I guess.  Can never read Hydrad but I need to reread him anyway.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #202 on: February 12, 2016, 09:12:52 am »

The first things I remember are that I find Joseph a bit scummy (obviously), e is still slightly scummy too, and I don't much like Ash's latest comments - don't know if that means he's scum, just that I don't like them.

In my experience, ash tends to post stuff that I don't like as both alignments.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 12, 2016, 09:52:01 am »

Hey man, no need to get so defensive (about being caught).

You asked why agreeing with you is scummy -- I gave you a reason.  Doesn't mean I'm right.

(I am.)

So you seriously think that the scum team is like 4 people and somehow it's also been possible to discuss Joseph's VT claim in response to your proposed plan in a scum QT today?
Yh this is a non-starter really.
It requires 4 scum people, in which case this game is already wildly imbalanced (as a D1 mislynch would lose the game).

No, this is Awaclus twisted something to fit his combative style of play.

I said "agreeing with Awaclus is scummy" and he asked why.  I gave a reason.

This has nothing to do with the number of scum in this game, or a plan, or balance, or anything.  Why would anyone even suggest that?

We already know there are two scum -- it's in the setup.

Someone agreeing with Awaclus does not require 4 scum.
Awaclus stating a thought process in a scum QT that a partner could agree with does not require 4 scum.

That's all there is to this discussion.  People are spinning it up into something more.  Go back and read the whole exchange again.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 12, 2016, 09:55:32 am »

First, Haddock says this.

On principle, it bugs me that I'm agreeing with Awa.

Then, I say:

Agreeing with awa is scummy.

Then, Awaclus says:

Why?

Then, I reply:

Because you never post your thoughts in thread, so if someone agrees with you, they are more likely to have learned your thoughts in your shared scum QT.

This is the point at which Awaclus somehow makes the leap to a 4-man scum team:

Yeah because the scum team is like 4 people and somehow it's also been possible to discuss Joseph's VT claim in response to your proposed plan in a scum QT today.

I post my votes in the thread, you don't have to know the reasons why I think someone is scum to agree with the conclusion.

Why does he do that?  I have no idea.  There is nothing in my posts to suggest anything about the scum team size, or Joseph's VT claim, or my proposed plan.

I said agreeing with Awaclus is scummy and gave a reason, the end.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2016, 10:07:30 am »

Hey man, no need to get so defensive (about being caught).

You asked why agreeing with you is scummy -- I gave you a reason.  Doesn't mean I'm right.

(I am.)

So you seriously think that the scum team is like 4 people and somehow it's also been possible to discuss Joseph's VT claim in response to your proposed plan in a scum QT today?
Yh this is a non-starter really.
It requires 4 scum people, in which case this game is already wildly imbalanced (as a D1 mislynch would lose the game).

No, this is Awaclus twisted something to fit his combative style of play.

I said "agreeing with Awaclus is scummy" and he asked why.  I gave a reason.

This has nothing to do with the number of scum in this game, or a plan, or balance, or anything.  Why would anyone even suggest that?

We already know there are two scum -- it's in the setup.

Someone agreeing with Awaclus does not require 4 scum.
Awaclus stating a thought process in a scum QT that a partner could agree with does not require 4 scum.

That's all there is to this discussion.  People are spinning it up into something more.  Go back and read the whole exchange again.

Me stating a thought process in a scum QT that a partner could agree with does kind of require me being able to post into a QT. I don't think scum has day talk in this setup (it should be mentioned in the setup post of a semi-open if they did, right?).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2016, 10:23:21 am »

Fairly certain you would have been able to communicate on Night 0, though.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2016, 10:26:23 am »

Ash, I agree that your comments have been blown way out of proportion by Awa (nothing new there). 

But you've gotta admit your original comment was pretty weaksauce.  People can independently reach the same conclusion without them both being scum.
Sure, maybe it microscopically increases the likelihood - which is probably all you were saying anyway - but let's not get hung up on it.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #208 on: February 12, 2016, 10:32:21 am »

Because on Night 0, I totally knew that you would propose this plan and Joseph would react by claiming VT.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 12, 2016, 10:35:40 am »

Ash and Awaclus scum team, obviously.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 12, 2016, 01:00:53 pm »

Because on Night 0, I totally knew that you would propose this plan and Joseph would react by claiming VT.

What does my plan have to do with comment whatsoever?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 12, 2016, 01:01:36 pm »

Ash, I agree that your comments have been blown way out of proportion by Awa (nothing new there). 

But you've gotta admit your original comment was pretty weaksauce.  People can independently reach the same conclusion without them both being scum.
Sure, maybe it microscopically increases the likelihood - which is probably all you were saying anyway - but let's not get hung up on it.

It was mostly a joke, but then it seems to have picked up way more steam than it should have, which makes me think it has something to do with reality.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2016, 02:09:24 pm »

It was mostly a joke, but then it seems to have picked up way more steam than it should have, which makes me think it has something to do with reality.

It's mostly null I think; Awaclus is not one to pass up the chance to comment/argue on something.  Though, Awaclus is sharing thoughts (albeit, none that have anything to do with the game) with us, which is inherently scummy.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 12, 2016, 02:14:21 pm »

It's mostly null I think; Awaclus is not one to pass up the chance to comment/argue on something.  Though, Awaclus is sharing thoughts (albeit, none that have anything to do with the game) with us, which is inherently scummy.

He's not really sharing thoughts. He's really just defending himself the same way he always does.

Also, I think Awaclus is a good enough player to adapt to playing around the meta that he is only helpful as scum. As soon as everyone accepts that as his meta, all he has to do is being unhelpful and everyone assumes he's town, making his scum games a cakewalk.

Ash and Awaclus are both playing in their normal style. Let's not mistake that for scumminess or towniness; scum is always pushing those same tired mislynches.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 12, 2016, 02:44:02 pm »

He's not really sharing thoughts. He's really just defending himself the same way he always does.

Also, I think Awaclus is a good enough player to adapt to playing around the meta that he is only helpful as scum. As soon as everyone accepts that as his meta, all he has to do is being unhelpful and everyone assumes he's town, making his scum games a cakewalk.

Ash and Awaclus are both playing in their normal style. Let's not mistake that for scumminess or towniness; scum is always pushing those same tired mislynches.
The man makes the sense.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 12, 2016, 02:51:06 pm »

No - claiming that things are null is scummy.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 12, 2016, 02:51:50 pm »

I still like haddock here
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 12, 2016, 03:04:57 pm »

Noticing that Awaclus has been a lot more active than usual- not sure if it's a scum/town trait, but could be worth looking at.

Also, it's kind of convenient that ash propose something, and then doesn't claim himself- if he's a good PR then he would have had some setup info anyway (so did he need this claiming?) and otherwise he's scum.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 12, 2016, 03:21:42 pm »

Noticing that Awaclus has been a lot more active than usual- not sure if it's a scum/town trait, but could be worth looking at.

Also, it's kind of convenient that ash propose something, and then doesn't claim himself- if he's a good PR then he would have had some setup info anyway (so did he need this claiming?) and otherwise he's scum.

Really?  Can't think of anything other than super PR or scum?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 12, 2016, 03:27:15 pm »

No - claiming that things are null is scummy.

I thought you would say that!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #220 on: February 12, 2016, 04:02:45 pm »

I'm always this active when someone is trying to argue for something stupid, like ash was now.

Because the thing that we are agreeing upon is how Joseph responded to your plan. We could not have possibly agreed upon that before we knew how Joseph was going to react to your plan.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 12, 2016, 04:21:02 pm »

"At this point in life, I would consider a soap. It would allow me to act and still do other things with my life. -Joe Lando

Vote Count 1.3
2.7 (1): Iguanaiguana
WW (1): Ashersky
Joseph2302 (2): Awaclus, Haddock
Awaclus (1): WW
Iguanaiguana (1): silverspawn
Haddock (2): 2.7, Joseph2302

Not voting (1): Hydrad

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Day1 will end February 19 at 6:00 PM
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 04:36:17 pm by gkrieg13 »
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 12, 2016, 04:35:42 pm »

Really?  Can't think of anything other than super PR or scum?
There's VT (which I missed- because once again I forgot that VTs weren't meant to be claiming!)
And there's weak PR, in which case you would have claimed.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 12, 2016, 04:49:47 pm »

I'm always this active when someone is trying to argue for something stupid, like ash was now.

Because the thing that we are agreeing upon is how Joseph responded to your plan. We could not have possibly agreed upon that before we knew how Joseph was going to react to your plan.

Then you misunderstood me.  I meant agreeing with you, ever, about anything (in mafia games) is scummy.  Nothing to do with the subject of said agreement.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2016, 05:13:46 pm »

I still like haddock here
And my record of being found scummy D1 in every mafia game I've ever played continues.  <fist-pump>

Seriously, though, I don't know what I've done to deserve your suspicion.  You've not, as far as I can see, shown any reaction to my response dealing with your original point, so what gives?

Oh yeah, you're scum.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 16 queries.