Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 153251 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #925 on: February 15, 2016, 04:45:34 pm »

Actually I was wrong.  First thing Ampharos does is gets off Hydrad and onto Awaclus.  Then a lot of nothing, says almost nothing about Hydrad.

It seems much more plausible than how I remembered it.

This is your "retraction" from using teproc as a case for why ampharos is town. I just don't buy it. I know as soon as I took over from Yuma I opened with a vote, then settled on hydrad. Distancing myself from yuma's reads and everything he was involved in.

I could see the same thing from ampharos. And who changes reads more than town? It's not like teproc was bussing a partner then ampharos decided not to.

No ampharos is town the same as teproc was town
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 15, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »

It's not like teproc was bussing a partner then ampharos decided not to.

Why not?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 15, 2016, 04:54:52 pm »

Why not?

When I went back rereading after the hydrad flip, I looked for posts by/about hydrad by anyone. And there weren't any. Well, obviously not, but there were not many. Most were concerned with qts and other such nonsense.

That being said, what is easier: ignore the partner or actually bring him up as someone to lynch. No one was a lynch candidate at that point. Teproc was bringing hydrad into that discussion. I don't see that as D1 bussing style
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 15, 2016, 05:04:33 pm »

Why not?

When I went back rereading after the hydrad flip, I looked for posts by/about hydrad by anyone. And there weren't any. Well, obviously not, but there were not many. Most were concerned with qts and other such nonsense.

That being said, what is easier: ignore the partner or actually bring him up as someone to lynch. No one was a lynch candidate at that point. Teproc was bringing hydrad into that discussion. I don't see that as D1 bussing style

I'm not sure I agree about Teproc.  It's a fairly safe thing to do, there is still a ton of day left and no real wagon, so Hydrad was in little danger of getting lynched.  And Hydrad is a common D1 mislynch, so some people are motivated to look elsewhere.  It's fairly safe bus. 

It didn't really seem too suspicious to me until I read Ampharos (after reading Teproc).  Ampharos doesn't do a lot of note and doesn't do anything regarding Hydrad.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #929 on: February 15, 2016, 06:03:59 pm »

Vote Count 2.4

Custard: A detestable substance produced by a malevolent conspiracy of the hen, the cow, and the cook.

RR (2): Lekkit, Awaclus
WW (1): 2.7
chairs (2): Ampharos, faust
Ampharos (5): SS, ADK, chairs, RR, WW (L-1)

Not Voting (1): EgorK

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day will end at 9am on the 19th of February, forum time.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: February 15, 2016, 07:35:11 pm »

ohhhh right. I didn't want to vote for Amph because he replaced Teproc. I forgot that.

But now, you'll just keep him at L-1?  :o
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 15, 2016, 07:36:39 pm »

The Ampharos wagon is truly awful. ADK is confirmed town, okay. Literally everyone else on the wagon is a scumread.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 15, 2016, 07:37:49 pm »

So WW made post that shows good evidence that teproc (ampharos) is not hydrad's partner. He then proceeds to vote ampharos when it gets more momentum.

Scum is desperate

Vote: WW

Word.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 15, 2016, 07:39:15 pm »

I can probably compose at longish case as to why Ampharos is town. Just not now, I'm going to sleep. Don't do the stupid thing.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 15, 2016, 07:42:46 pm »

And Hydrad is a common D1 mislynch, so some people are motivated to look elsewhere.

I will say that this is a bad argument. One could also say that I am a "safe bus" because I never get lynched D1. So then everyone is a safe bus, the people who are often lynched and those whose a rarely lynched. Except... a bus is not safe.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 15, 2016, 07:43:45 pm »

It didn't really seem too suspicious to me until I read Ampharos (after reading Teproc).  Ampharos doesn't do a lot of note and doesn't do anything regarding Hydrad.

If "not doing anything of note" is your metirc for finding scum, you should be voting for Egor.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 15, 2016, 07:47:30 pm »

ohhhh right. I didn't want to vote for Amph because he replaced Teproc. I forgot that.

But now, you'll just keep him at L-1?  :o

yeah.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 15, 2016, 07:50:00 pm »

Vote: Egor
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #938 on: February 15, 2016, 08:00:24 pm »

Vote: RR

Oh wait, I already am.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 15, 2016, 08:01:10 pm »

Vote: RR

Oh wait, I already am.
This is excellent.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 15, 2016, 08:14:58 pm »

The Ampharos wagon is truly awful. ADK is confirmed town, okay. Literally everyone else on the wagon is a scumread.

I think you should reconsider. What has Amph done that's so towny?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 15, 2016, 08:25:29 pm »

If "not doing anything of note" is your metirc for finding scum, you should be voting for Egor.

I'm pretty sure I wanted to lynch him on Day 1, and no one else did~

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 15, 2016, 08:26:04 pm »

And Hydrad is a common D1 mislynch, so some people are motivated to look elsewhere.

I will say that this is a bad argument. One could also say that I am a "safe bus" because I never get lynched D1. So then everyone is a safe bus, the people who are often lynched and those whose a rarely lynched. Except... a bus is not safe.

Thing is it's safe when it's the beginning of Day 1.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 16, 2016, 04:18:32 am »

So this is why Ampharos is town.

1. Teproc had a little townslip thing going on. See here:

Well Fruit Vendor only occurs if they have JOAT/Roleblocker or Rolecop/2-Shot Strongman...

So ... all the other ones. Right ?

I don't think it's likely to be a fakeclaim for reasons outlined above, but it's a "safe fakeclaim" in most setups.

No. Take, for instance, a setup where scum has JOAT/Goon. One of those setups has a Tracker, and one has a Commuter, both roles that cannot appear together with Fruit Vendor. So if scum were to claim Fruit Vendor, they would immediately get countered. You can go through all scenarios and see that there will always be the chance of a counterclaim.

Right, I'm dumb.

So scum certainly thinks about which fakeclaims are safe on N0. I guess not all scum do, but I'm confident that Teproc does. I just finished modding a game with Teproc, and we both thought scum should analyze the setup more. So assuming Teproc is scum, I am pretty sure that he knows that no fakeclaim is safe. Which means the above post can only be fabricated or come from town!Teproc. Teproc just doesn't seem like the guy that fabricates townslips.

2. Teproc is pushing for Hydrad pretty hard. So if he's scum, that would be a bus. I don't think it's "easy" or "early D1"; scum!Teproc is talking himself into a position from which it will be hard to argue against a Hydrad lynch when it happens. It's not out of the question that scum busses Hydrad - after all, he only was a Goon and thus the least important member of the team - but if that's your plan, you certainly talked about it in the mafia QT. Now let's assume this talk happened. Mafia agrees to bus Hydrad. Once Ampharos takes over, for sure he reads the QT. Would he just ignore the plan there and start voting for someone else, never returning to Hydrad? I don't think so. Ampharos' switch is actually evidence that he is town.

3. The wagon. I mean, seriously. silverspawn starts it for really weak reasoning that applies to at least 2 other players in this game. (that vote is sill fine mind you, it's the first vote on Amph after all) The IC joins in. Ony then do people start to sheep - and who? chairs, who is just as guilty of the things Ampharos is accused of, and who needs to divert attention from the wagon that is forming on himself, RR who also is a major lynch candidate today, Ww who just quoted evidence that Teproc is town. That is not a wagon I want to be on even without the above points.

So I believe all of this should maybe not convince you that Ampharos is town, but at least give solid reasons why Ampharos is a bad lynch for today.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 16, 2016, 07:45:53 am »

Woah dudes I legit forgot I was playing yesterday (could be to do with the cold I was in bed most of the day with :P ).  Maybe I should go away more often; things get fun! 

Thanks faust for spelling it all out and saving me the trouble :)

And yes, Chairs is "teh feelz". 

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: February 16, 2016, 07:50:41 am »

You know, I agree. Like I said, I had forgotten that he replaced Teproc.

But... ah, yeez. None of what amph has done all game is even remotely towny (note that neither of your points is about his own play). nonetheless, unvote, vote: chairs

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 16, 2016, 07:51:11 am »

can't believe I'm actually sheeping faust.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 16, 2016, 08:29:41 am »

But... ah, yeez. None of what amph has done all game is even remotely towny (note that neither of your points is about his own play). nonetheless, unvote, vote: chairs

Yes.If it weren't for Teproc, my read on Ampharos would be different for sure. But then again, Ampharos has a relatively scummy meta.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 16, 2016, 08:55:18 am »

So this is why Ampharos is town.

1. Teproc had a little townslip thing going on. See here:

Well Fruit Vendor only occurs if they have JOAT/Roleblocker or Rolecop/2-Shot Strongman...

So ... all the other ones. Right ?

I don't think it's likely to be a fakeclaim for reasons outlined above, but it's a "safe fakeclaim" in most setups.

No. Take, for instance, a setup where scum has JOAT/Goon. One of those setups has a Tracker, and one has a Commuter, both roles that cannot appear together with Fruit Vendor. So if scum were to claim Fruit Vendor, they would immediately get countered. You can go through all scenarios and see that there will always be the chance of a counterclaim.

Right, I'm dumb.

So scum certainly thinks about which fakeclaims are safe on N0. I guess not all scum do, but I'm confident that Teproc does. I just finished modding a game with Teproc, and we both thought scum should analyze the setup more. So assuming Teproc is scum, I am pretty sure that he knows that no fakeclaim is safe. Which means the above post can only be fabricated or come from town!Teproc. Teproc just doesn't seem like the guy that fabricates townslips.

You don't think it's possible that Teproc analyzed the setup, and then got it wrong?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 16, 2016, 09:22:57 am »

You don't think it's possible that Teproc analyzed the setup, and then got it wrong?

I don't think scum would come to the conclusion that Fruit Vendor would be a safe fakeclaim, especially given the additional setup information that they have. Also,if Teproc was scum, he would not do this on his own, but instead he would be peer-reviewed by two scum partners.

I guess it's possible, but not likely. Which is all that matters right now.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 16 queries.