Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 152230 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2016, 07:11:16 pm »

Yeah, I'll put it out there now : if you've got a role countering ADK, claim now. I don't care that you're likely to die, lynching scum on day 1 is way too good to pass up, and I for one won't believe you on day 2.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2016, 07:15:02 pm »

So, assuming no one counterclaims...

There are about a billion setups where this is a safe fakeclaim for scum. So... not much towncred for ADK there as long as there isn't another PR or scum flip.

If ADK is town, it means
- Fruit Vendor + Watcher + Cop + 7 VTs vs JOAT + Roleblocker + Goon
- Fruit Vendor + JK + Even-night Tracker + 7VTs vs Rolecop + 2-shot Strongman + Goon

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2016, 07:17:02 pm »

The nice thing about Fruit Vendor is that it's super easy to check right ? The difference with Visitor is that the player who gets targeted gets a fruit right ? So... I mean scum can roleblock ADK if that's what they have, but that means they let Watcher and Cop have their fun.

So actually it does give a lot of towncred to ADK here, since it's a pretty bad fakeclaim longterm.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2016, 07:18:50 pm »

There are about a billion setups where this is a safe fakeclaim for scum. So... not much towncred for ADK there as long as there isn't another PR or scum flip.

This is wrong. Name one setup where this is a safe claim for scum.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2016, 07:19:55 pm »

Vote: Teproc for now.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2016, 07:21:02 pm »

Or actually no, I prefer voting someone else I think. Vote: RR?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2016, 07:22:28 pm »

Well Fruit Vendor only occurs if they have JOAT/Roleblocker or Rolecop/2-Shot Strongman...

So ... all the other ones. Right ?

I don't think it's likely to be a fakeclaim for reasons outlined above, but it's a "safe fakeclaim" in most setups.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2016, 07:22:44 pm »

On that note, unvote

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2016, 07:26:52 pm »

Well Fruit Vendor only occurs if they have JOAT/Roleblocker or Rolecop/2-Shot Strongman...

I don't think it's likely to be a fakeclaim for reasons outlined above, but it's a "safe fakeclaim" in most setups.

No. Take, for instance, a setup where scum has JOAT/Goon. One of those setups has a Tracker, and one has a Commuter, both roles that cannot appear together with Fruit Vendor. So if scum were to claim Fruit Vendor, they would immediately get countered. You can go through all scenarios and see that there will always be the chance of a counterclaim.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2016, 07:28:49 pm »

No. Take, for instance, a setup where scum has JOAT/Goon. One of those setups has a Tracker, and one has a Commuter, both roles that cannot appear together with Fruit Vendor. So if scum were to claim Fruit Vendor, they would immediately get countered. You can go through all scenarios and see that there will always be the chance of a counterclaim.

Right, I'm dumb.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2016, 07:30:44 pm »

Well, the plus side is that in addition to an IC, we have a townslip now.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2016, 07:32:12 pm »

Or actually no, I prefer voting someone else I think. Vote: RR?
Whyy?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2016, 07:46:31 pm »

Thanks captain obvious. But why can't they out scum tomorrow after using their pr once during the night?

Or the next day after using it twice.

I realize this is an unlikely scenario as ADK is likely town or scum who somehow knows it is a safe claim (I think that isn't possible but should double check) but still... We are in day1. Waiting to claim is a feasible option.

Well yes. But it's all about timing. Claiming such a thing when you end up at L-1 is bad, and it is a situation I like to avoid.

Why would they wait til they are L-1?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2016, 07:47:59 pm »

Yeah, I'll put it out there now : if you've got a role countering ADK, claim now. I don't care that you're likely to die, lynching scum on day 1 is way too good to pass up, and I for one won't believe you on day 2.

This is ridiculous and non-optimal.

Vote: teproc just cause I am annoyed.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2016, 07:49:00 pm »

How so ? How is lynching scum on day 1 suboptimal ?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2016, 07:49:15 pm »

Not that it's going to happen anyway, but still.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2016, 07:49:37 pm »

I missed it. Want to point it out for those of us with a subpar understanding of mafia dynamics?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2016, 07:50:07 pm »

How so ? How is lynching scum on day 1 suboptimal ?

Not what I said. Reading. Man. Reading.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2016, 07:51:04 pm »

Thanks captain obvious. But why can't they out scum tomorrow after using their pr once during the night?

Or the next day after using it twice.

I realize this is an unlikely scenario as ADK is likely town or scum who somehow knows it is a safe claim (I think that isn't possible but should double check) but still... We are in day1. Waiting to claim is a feasible option.

Well yes. But it's all about timing. Claiming such a thing when you end up at L-1 is bad, and it is a situation I like to avoid.

Why would they wait til they are L-1?

You suggested they wait until D2 or D3. They might end up at L-1 (or in a similar pressured position) before that. If they do, it's bad news.

Also continuing this discussion is pretty useless given that ADK is like 99% town. Vote: yuma

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2016, 07:52:28 pm »

As always, the assumption is that if someone disagrees, it's because they didn't read your post or didn't understand it.

No. I just disagree. Waiting for day 2 makes the counterclaim more likely to be scum, becuase 1 for 1 trades get better for scum as the game progresses. A counterclaim should generally happen as fast as possible, because lynching scum on day 1 is better than lynching scum on day 3.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2016, 07:53:52 pm »

I missed it. Want to point it out for those of us with a subpar understanding of mafia dynamics?

Scum is much more likely to think about which fakeclaim may or may not work. It's something I always do N0. Teproc however wasn't clear on that. So to me he is either town or it's faked. I don't take scum!Teproc as one to fake townslips.

Also I see no need for passive-aggressive posting.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2016, 08:15:34 pm »

Scum is much more likely to think about which fakeclaim may or may not work. It's something I always do N0. Teproc however wasn't clear on that. So to me he is either town or it's faked. I don't take scum!Teproc as one to fake townslips.

Also I see no need for passive-aggressive posting.

Fine.

Post.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2016, 09:10:22 pm »

vote: yuma

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2016, 11:51:27 pm »

As tempting as it would be to do the post thing again or to do something even less anti-town, self vote, I won't.

Vote: Faust

I think one or both of he and teproc is scum. I get the vibe of them trying to push me out of being level headed and see if they can get me/town to self destruct for an easy day1 lynch where they can point the blame at me afterward. And as fun as that sounds, i always play toward my win con despite beliefs to the contary. Right now I think Faust is more likely. But I could go either way.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2016, 02:33:05 am »

If you are someone who writes a lot in his QT's, like me, the only way to believably maintain a towny image when playing scum in a game with this ruling is to have 2 separate QT's running and fabricate town!me thoughts in one of them.

Preferably more than 2, so that you can have one where you fabricate VT thoughts, another one where you fabricate PR thoughts, yet another one where you fabricate another PR thoughts, etc. And even if you aren't someone who writes a lot in QTs, you kind of have to do it anyway just because the townies who actually write in their QTs will still have an advantage over you unless you do. It just adds insane crap tons of work that scum has to put in in order to play optimally, and it's really just work you have to do, not an entertaining pastime.

As tempting as it would be to do the post thing again or to do something even less anti-town, self vote, I won't.

Vote: Faust

I think one or both of he and teproc is scum. I get the vibe of them trying to push me out of being level headed and see if they can get me/town to self destruct for an easy day1 lynch where they can point the blame at me afterward. And as fun as that sounds, i always play toward my win con despite beliefs to the contary. Right now I think Faust is more likely. But I could go either way.

What?  ???

Vote: yuma
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 62  All

Page created in 1.859 seconds with 20 queries.