Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 153250 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #875 on: February 14, 2016, 02:45:55 pm »

OMGUS means suspecting you because you suspected me.
The reason why I do now is because you're pretending as if the flip makes me scummy

::)
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 14, 2016, 02:46:28 pm »

But what's the reason to do this for chairs as scum? To induce derphammer?

Yes. Well, there is certainly more of a reason of scum!chairs to do this than there is for town!chairs.

I can't just want to lynch RR?

Jesus, I just wanted to get my vote in and get back to valentine's day.

Well, you can, but then you would announce an L-1 vote (if you're town).

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 14, 2016, 02:51:32 pm »

Oh, and by the way:

You did that the entire first day and I didn't suspect you.

faust's tunelling of me is scummy, but not overly so. I think it makes him a null read again, maybe slightly scummy, but not enough to lynch him.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 14, 2016, 08:39:43 pm »

That just seems disingenious. Yes I suspected you a little because you suspected me - and, and this is something I can only say now as your game is over - because I knew you modded that game. I was so much less active there than I was in this game. You know I prefer being town. so why do you think that was? I think that's a pretty good reason to suspect that you aren't being honest, i.e. aren't town.

so that wasn't OMGUS, and even if it was, the reason after day 1 isn't OMGUS.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 14, 2016, 08:55:12 pm »

Is there a case against me?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #880 on: February 14, 2016, 08:59:14 pm »

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 14, 2016, 09:01:04 pm »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 14, 2016, 09:45:03 pm »

And I'm itching to vote RR again.

Coud you do anything but talk about yourself? Please.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: February 14, 2016, 09:47:28 pm »

And I'm itching to vote RR again.

Coud you do anything but talk about yourself? Please.
I can try.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 14, 2016, 11:00:58 pm »

Alrighty, I think I have time to make a post with some content that everyone can discuss. Maybe I can have like a reads list then a rant? That seems okay.

For reference, let's get a list of all the pastries in this game.
Awaclus
Faust
Silverspawn
Roadrunner7671
A Drowned Kernal
Lekkit
Witherweaver
Ampharos
chairs
EgorK

Now let's make a list of people on wagon:
Lekkit
Awaclus
Witherweaver
Chairs (counting him because he wants to see me lynched but doesn't want an unannounced L-1)
Faust (counting him because if I get lynched today, I see Faust on my wagon without a doubt)

You guys have to understand that from my eyes I'm an IC and from scums' eyes I'm an IC. I think at least one scum is on my wagon, maybe two. In order to catch them, we need to split the people on my wagon into two groups: people who genuinely think I'm scum and people who are scum and want to see me get lynched so that they're one step closer to victory.

I'm going to take a bold step and call Awaclus town. I'm going to take a second bold step and say that there is one scum on my wagon right here, right now. So we can easily break the town into two lists.

Lynch candidates:
Lekkit
Chairs
Faust
Witherweaver

Not lynch candidates:
Everyone else

This is a decent list. There is one scum in the four people that I just named. That's a guarantee. But I think we can do better than one in four. So let's try to narrow this down even further.

Why are these four scummy, besides the fact that there are on my wagon?

Chairs- This is an easy one. He put me at an unannounced L-1. Not trying to prevent derp/quickhammers is scummy and anti-town.

Faust- He's supposed to be really deductive, but he seems tunnely and off somehow. SS has made a case, it's pretty decent.
Well, let's look at the wagon. I think thewagon at the point Hydrad claims is more informative than the post-counterclaim wagon. It is:

ADK, 2.7, gkrieg, chairs, RR, faust

So two conf!town people, me, RR (who is tentatively towny due to being presented as an alternative to Hydrad), chairs (duh), e (still probably the most scummy on here). But I think tomorrow's lynch should be off-wagon.

silver looks bad, I already said this. Egor needs to be present. His non-presentness today is a bit scummy, as we are more likely to successfully lynch scum if one scum does not participate in the discussion.
This is interesting to me. I was confirmed town. What happened to that, Faust?

Witherweaver- He hasn't been very active, has he? But he starts this thing on post #776. My wagon picks up remarkably quickly and by post #784 I have two votes on me and another person agreeing with him. WW certainly could've had partner interactions going on. If WW is scum, it's more likely that his buddy is on my wagon as well. And it would probably be Lekkit.

Lekkit- Lekkit has wanted to basically policy lynch me. We all know policy lynches are bad, so Lekkit or not, it probably won't happen. He makes this reread post a little ways back:

Roadrunner

Votes for faust after he propose the claiming idea.

Asks if he can counterclaim ADK. Says it's because he believes ADK is joking.

Says the faust vote was RVS and that he likes the vote where it is.

Implies that he's not lurking.

Says that a policy lynch of Awaclus is bad, because he's just being himself.

What?? How am I being 'ultra stubborn?' And how have I been anti-town?

I guess it's true he hasn't been stubborn, but not really adding anything of value is not really pro-town.

This doesn't seem like RR from the last game to me. It's weird that he isn't really present
I didn't lurk in X-Shot or Harry Potter.

Implies that he is lurking now.

Votes for silverspawn, since silverspawn is voting for him.

Doesn't trust ADK's claim.

Wants to lynch e if Hydrad is town.

Says he's too scummy to be scum.

Asks me to read a game where he was town to be able to meta-judge him. I'm not a fan of meta arguments like that. And I also don't really have the time to read a whole game to come to the conclusion that not helping town is not really good for town.

Goes after Ampharos for making short, jokey memey posts.

Votes for Ampharos.

Votes for silverspawn due to QT issues.

Implies that we don't think he's useful (as far as I'm concerned, he hasn't really been).

Unvotes silverspawn.

Votes for Hydrad.

Unvotes after Hydrad's claim.

Votes Hydrad again.

Tries trick Hydrad into thinking he's allready lynched.

Celebrates the actual lynch.

My sentence: Actilurked through the whole day. Avoided the Hydrad lynch until very late in the day. Looks like scum to me. Would definately lynch.
This is weird, as he bases it solely off the Hydrad lynch. Actilurking, I assume is making posts that don't help so you're active but you're not putting forth any content. Lekkit is mostly scummy because he doesn't seem genuine, he wants a RR lynch because I'm easy.

So, once again, our lynch pool is still: Lekkit, WW, Faust, and Chairs.

I think we can knock chairs off that list. I'll show empathy and give him the benefit of the doubt: He's been busy, he wants to have a nice Valentine's day, he has a lifestyle that isn't really suited for playing forum games, but he does his best to keep up anyway.

So now we have a nice, small pool of Lekkit, Faust and WW.

I think WW could easily remove himself from the pool if he comes online and gives his reasoning for being on this wagon. Let's assume he does this.

So now we have a lynch pool of Lekkit and Faust.
This is very nice. I say lynch them both and then we'll be at seven players alive with one scum in them. This is amazing and very worthwhile.

Seeing as the Faust wagon is the most likely to take off today, let's Vote: Faust.

We'll lynch Lekkit tomorrow.

This has been a good post.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 14, 2016, 11:01:44 pm »

I misquoted everything  :'(
Vote: Faust

Hopefully you guys can still understand that post.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #888 on: February 14, 2016, 11:05:02 pm »

I think that RR is doing good work and will have more to say when I do a big reread tomorrow but I think it's important to for people to note that chairs did not actually put RR at L-1:

Vote Count 2.3

A party without cake is just a meeting.

RR (4): Lekkit, Awaclus, WW, chairs
faust (1): SS
EgorK (1): 2.7
chairs (3): Ampharos, faust, ADK

Not Voting (2): EgorK, RR

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day will end at 9am on the 19th of February, forum time.

Granted, I still find chairs's vote scummy, but let's get the facts straight here.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 14, 2016, 11:08:21 pm »

I'm dumb, faust changed his vote, don't mind me.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 15, 2016, 05:42:00 am »

Faust (counting him because if I get lynched today, I see Faust on my wagon without a doubt)
It will help any case you make if you don't make completely unjustified assumptions.

You guys have to understand that from my eyes I'm an IC and from scums' eyes I'm an IC.
Everyone can make that argument for themselves. I see how it may sound reasonable to you, but it is pure WIFOM for the rest of us.

I'm going to take a bold step and call Awaclus town.
Why?

There is one scum in the four people that I just named. That's a guarantee.
No. That is an assumption you make. An assumption that may sound very reasonable to you, but an assumption nonetheless.

Faust- He's supposed to be really deductive, but he seems tunnely and off somehow. SS has made a case, it's pretty decent.
silver's case is OMGUS, which make ony sense to support if you think silver is town. Why do you think silver is town?

Well, let's look at the wagon. I think thewagon at the point Hydrad claims is more informative than the post-counterclaim wagon. It is:

ADK, 2.7, gkrieg, chairs, RR, faust

So two conf!town people, me, RR (who is tentatively towny due to being presented as an alternative to Hydrad), chairs (duh), e (still probably the most scummy on here). But I think tomorrow's lynch should be off-wagon.

silver looks bad, I already said this. Egor needs to be present. His non-presentness today is a bit scummy, as we are more likely to successfully lynch scum if one scum does not participate in the discussion.
This is interesting to me. I was confirmed town. What happened to that, Faust?
Sorry for maybe confusing wording. "two conf!town people" of course refers to ADK and gkrieg.

Lekkit- Lekkit has wanted to basically policy lynch me

This is what Lekkit posted:

My sentence: Actilurked through the whole day. Avoided the Hydrad lynch until very late in the day. Looks like scum to me. Would definately lynch.
That is not a policy lynch, he has a scumread on you. You may think it is unjustified, but it is still a scumread.

I think we can knock chairs off that list. I'll show empathy and give him the benefit of the doubt: He's been busy, he wants to have a nice Valentine's day, he has a lifestyle that isn't really suited for playing forum games, but he does his best to keep up anyway.
...even if true, none of this points towards chairs being town in this game.

Yay for setting up mislynches!

No.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 15, 2016, 05:44:57 am »

Maybe chairs wants to join my wagon to make the OMGUS trinity complete?

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 15, 2016, 06:45:14 am »

So now we have a lynch pool of Lekkit and Faust.
This is very nice. I say lynch them both and then we'll be at seven players alive with one scum in them. This is amazing and very worthwhile.

Seeing as the Faust wagon is the most likely to take off today, let's Vote: Faust.

Oh, wow... Do you even see how this is insanely scummy?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 15, 2016, 06:57:15 am »

That just seems disingenious. Yes I suspected you a little because you suspected me - and, and this is something I can only say now as your game is over - because I knew you modded that game. I was so much less active there than I was in this game. You know I prefer being town. so why do you think that was? I think that's a pretty good reason to suspect that you aren't being honest, i.e. aren't town.

so that wasn't OMGUS, and even if it was, the reason after day 1 isn't OMGUS.

Let me make sure I understand correctly: Your argument is that you were more active here than in the other game, I knew that you were scum in the other game, I knew that you preferred being town, so I should have come to the conclusion that you are town here?

Well, first it certainly wasn't on my mind that you preferred being town. Now that you say that I think I already read that somewhere. So I guess you could assume that I know.

It doesn't feel appropriate however to compare your activity level here to that in RMM30 without context. I mean look at that thread. It went on for 5 days and is shorter than this thread is now. To quote from some popular signature, "posting begets posting". Your activity level may be higher here simply because the general activity level is higher.

There is a point in this aspect however, so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 15, 2016, 10:47:24 am »

I'll try to contribute more this week.

Silver I think is town because of the way he's defending himself.  There was something he did earlier back when Faust made a case against him, and   the kind of arguments like " I was so much less active there than I was in this game. You know I prefer being town. " are not particularly convincing,   and scum tends to think twice about arguing in such way.  Town knows that they're town even if what they say isn't convincing, so they say it anyway.

Faust I did think is town because of the way he was approaching the day.. sounds like standard 'okay, we lynched scum, let's find his partner' Faust play.  Up until the vote on Chairs, which seemed suspicious.  On the other hand, there is zero reason to think Chairs is town.

I think e is  probably town based on Hydrad.. was Ampharos in that category too?  I don't remember, really. 

I have to go back and look at Day 1, but I have not had time.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 15, 2016, 01:30:16 pm »

Checking in.  Airport.  Flying home.

I really don't get the people that want to lynch RR.  It makes no sense to me.  Granted, my read on him is based (mostly) on his questioning of the fruit vendor thing, but still.  He hasn't given off the scummy vibe this game.

I will look more closely at EgorK.  The one thing that stood out to me is his vote on ADK after WW (I think-didn't bother to go back and check) mistakenly voted for ADK.  His rereads have been great and all, but it just seems like an over the top method of trying to stay in the game without too much real contribution.  He can then ride a lynch out and survive.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 15, 2016, 01:32:16 pm »

Faust I did think is town because of the way he was approaching the day.. sounds like standard 'okay, we lynched scum, let's find his partner' Faust play.  Up until the vote on Chairs, which seemed suspicious.  On the other hand, there is zero reason to think Chairs is town.

Okay. Let's not lynch faust today.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 15, 2016, 01:35:24 pm »

vote: Ampharos

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 15, 2016, 01:43:03 pm »

why Ampharos?

I really don't see what he has done to make him scum.  Or is it what he has not done?  Because he isn't acting the same as in M72?  He isn't getting "Teh feelz" or acting pretty strange (at least for this forum).
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 15, 2016, 01:44:47 pm »

why Ampharos?

I really don't see what he has done to make him scum.  Or is it what he has not done?  Because he isn't acting the same as in M72?  He isn't getting "Teh feelz" or acting pretty strange (at least for this forum).

flying under the radar, PoE, and I think he wasn't very useful this game.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.