Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 331251 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1700 on: December 11, 2015, 08:34:16 am »

yuma : your opposition to a "simultaneous" claim is just based on principle ? Because faust made his claim at L-2 ?

If so I don't really think that's enough to outweigh the benefits.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: December 11, 2015, 08:34:38 am »

In my own biased opinion, it is of course better to have WW claim first.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: December 11, 2015, 08:34:43 am »

I guess it's no use stretching this out. I have a result on WW that incriminates him. I think the best course of action would be for him to full claim, and then I state in detail what I know, but given people's reads on me, I don't know if you want to go through with a plan I proposed.

Ok. you are right. You aren't making any demands. This is certainly more of a suggestion. I think I read some posts by other people who were stating that WW should claim first as coming from you that were a little bit more "demanding" that WW claim than you were.

In this case, I propose to reject your plan and suggest that you claim first.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: December 11, 2015, 08:34:55 am »

Oh, because it forces WW to claim, right. Do you see a scenario here where WW doesn't en up claiming at all ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: December 11, 2015, 08:35:41 am »

I agree with Yuma here. I'd rather see Faust claim first.

Faust responds that he has been under pressure all day, and never had a chance to give his result in a pressure free environment. And while that's true, eh... tough. There were reasons for that pressure; the onus is now on Faust to give enough evidence or argument to make people want to vote elsewhere.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: December 11, 2015, 08:38:01 am »

yuma : your opposition to a "simultaneous" claim is just based on principle ? Because faust made his claim at L-2 ?

If so I don't really think that's enough to outweigh the benefits.

It isn't on principle. At least not a "principle" that I am cognitively holding onto.

It is just that faust has stated he is fully ready to claim. So he should. No need to wait if that is how he feels.

WW has stated that he might be willing to claim. I am not going to force someone to claim if they don't feel that they should. A possible, investigative result of some unknown origin from a player that is suspect to begin with who is semi-unwilling to just straightforwardly come out and claim isn't enough to make me vote for someone without knowing what all the background is. If I am not comfortable voting with that reason then WW shouldn't feel compelled to claim either.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: December 11, 2015, 08:38:54 am »

Oh, because it forces WW to claim, right. Do you see a scenario here where WW doesn't en up claiming at all ?

I have no idea. I mean yes, I have scenarios. This is a closed setup. I can imagine all sorts of scenarios. I dont' know how viable all of them are, but I can imagine scenarios.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: December 11, 2015, 08:41:29 am »

OK, so

ClaimVoteCount, 1.1.

WW first: faust

Simultaneous: Teproc, Haddock, egor

Faust first: WW, yuma, igu, Ampharos

Interleaving:

Currently not really clear: Hydrad, e, RR.

Is that everyone?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: December 11, 2015, 08:42:32 am »

Bolding for clarity.

ClaimVoteCount, 1.1.

WW first (1): faust

Simultaneous (3): Teproc, Haddock, egor

Faust first (4): WW, yuma, igu, Ampharos

Interleaving (0):

Currently not made themselves massively clear (3): Hydrad, e, RR.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: December 11, 2015, 08:43:47 am »

I mean, let's just put it to a vote. I would do so immeadiately, only I don't know the best procedure since we have 3 options... I claim first, WW claims first, we claim simulataneously. I think pretty much everyone so far who is okay with WW claiming first is also okay with a simultaneous claim? So we can just make it two.

A) faust claims first
B) faust does not claim first

From the responses in thread, it seems votes are currently distributed like this:

A: yuma, iguana
B: Teproc, e (?), RR, Haddock, Egor

PPE: Haddock is too fast. Though I believe 2 options are better than 3.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: December 11, 2015, 08:44:54 am »

And apparently we read things differently... I did not get a clear opinion from Ampharos, but thought that RR was pretty clear.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: December 11, 2015, 08:47:45 am »

I'm pretty sure I want faust to claim first, if we're still voting on that.  I might change my mind though.

He says he's not sure twice and then the above.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: December 11, 2015, 08:48:29 am »

Well, yeah, that's what I'd call "on principle", because you don't seem to be putting much weight into how badly this can go.

I'll take a very simple example, I have no idea how it relates to the current situation, but there :
- faust claims Tracker, has seen WW targeting silverspawn. Incriminating, but not definitive
- WW claims, idk, Roleblocker or something. Something that's hard to prove.

What do we do know ? Both claims are believable, but there is still doubt because WW got to make his claim knowing who he was supposed to have targeted. So maybe we lynch WW anyway and either he flips scum (yay) or he flips town, and then what ? Or maybe we don't lynch any of them, but we can't completely trust their claim either, especially WWs in this case.

Now if we do a simultaneous claim, there's still the situation where we out two PRs for very little benefit, but at least there won't be as much doubt hanging over WWs claim because he madeit withoutknowledge of what he was being accused of. So we presumably get almost-ICs out of it if their claims support each other.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: December 11, 2015, 08:58:15 am »

I'm not going to go on a wild goose chase for his flavor. We should do one of the suggested options (claim at the same time or XYX).

This was the best we got from RR, which is somewhere between my two options of simultaneous and interleaving.

In any case if we're going for your two options, I make it:

Faust first: yuma, igu, Ampharos
Faust not first (ie. simultaneous): Teproc, Haddock, Egor, RR(?)
Unknown: e, Hydrad
and I guess
Not allowed to vote! faust, WW.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: December 11, 2015, 09:11:50 am »

ok I'm caught up. also the WW images actually got a laugh out of me so +1 there.

Now for what to do. I personally don't see an issue with the same time claim. But I'm really interested why WW doesn't seem to like it. Its either a scum attempt to try to live longer or... hmmm... I'm trying to think why would town do this.

In my opinion I don't think a VT would be so reluctent to claim. So I feel it might be a PR. But at the same time it sounds like WW has a thought of why faust could have an incriminating result on him and it be wrong? I can't think of how that would happen really at all from and PR's I know of. other then just redirection stuff.

This doesn't really make much sense to me for town!WW.

So I'm in favor of both claim at same time or WW first I guess.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: December 11, 2015, 09:27:24 am »

Sorry, yeah.  I guess that is clear.  I'm sure I read that, maybe I took the "I guess" to mean unclear. 

Faust first: yuma, igu, Ampharos
Faust not first (ie. simultaneous): Teproc, Haddock, Egor, Hydrad, RR(?)
Unknown: e

Up to confirming RR's vote, that's a simple majority.

The one problem I have with a simultaneous claim is the logistics.  What if the forum is suddenly slow?  What if PPE notifications mess things up?  and etc.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: December 11, 2015, 09:30:31 am »

To be clear, it's not going to be exactly simultaneous, because someone is going to get a PPE with the other's claim.

The idea would be to say "they both claim at exactly 11:00 am", so they write their claim beforehand, and press post exactly then. Let's say that if one of them posts more than 10 seconds after the other, he gets auto-lynched.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: December 11, 2015, 09:31:48 am »

Has WW agreed to this?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: December 11, 2015, 09:32:37 am »

To be clear, it's not going to be exactly simultaneous, because someone is going to get a PPE with the other's claim.

The idea would be to say "they both claim at exactly 11:00 am", so they write their claim beforehand, and press post exactly then. Let's say that if one of them posts more than 10 seconds after the other, he gets auto-lynched.

Ugh.

Like never in a million years would I ever agree to this if I were in faust's or WW's position.

You want scenarios where things go wrong and the result is awful. The above is just that.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: December 11, 2015, 09:33:01 am »

Has WW agreed to this?

No. And he shouldn't. They are discussing this like WW and faust are equals when it comes to claiming when they aren't.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: December 11, 2015, 09:33:26 am »

Explain to me how it goes horribly wrong.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: December 11, 2015, 09:34:21 am »

Has WW agreed to this?

No. And he shouldn't. They are discussing this like WW and faust are equals when it comes to claiming when they aren't.

Wait, what ? Of course they are. They are both of unknown alignment.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: December 11, 2015, 09:35:21 am »

Has WW agreed to this?

Wait, what ? Of course they are. They are both of unknown alignment.

No. Faust wants to claim. WW might want to claim.

Faust is scummy. WW is middling to null.

They aren't equal. Unknown alignment isn't the end all and be all.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: December 11, 2015, 09:36:31 am »

You are completely undermining the town!narrative for faust claiming at this particular point. If he's town, he's doing what Jimmmm did in Chococlate Factory, do you remember that ?

PPE : The difference between their level of scumminess pales in comparison to what their claim will mean to their alignment.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: December 11, 2015, 09:38:18 am »

Explain to me how it goes horribly wrong.

1 scenario. WW's internet freezes up the moment that he is supposed to post. we all lynch him and he is town.

another. faust's modem loses connection the moment he is supposed to post. we all lynch him and he is town.

another. the forum has a glitch--known to happen here and there--inbetween one player posting and another doing so. one player gets lynched and is town.

these are perhaps remote, but they exist, along with others and if you are only giving only a 10 second window and then auto-reflexively lynching, then I think that is really poor idea.

But if you give a longer window then one player has an advantage, if you are treating them as equals.

So faust should just post his stuff. And WW can decide if he wants to claim and we can decide if we want him to claim.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 16 queries.