Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 80  All

Author Topic: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Game over, Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 198493 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #525 on: September 15, 2015, 06:21:48 pm »

I like this game.

Vote: Awaclus

This seems closer to a policy vote and not related to anything that's happening in the game. I find his play a bit frustrating too, but I think you can do better than this

this mild objection along with this:

Don't worry though, if you're town, you'll fix this. If you're scum, you won't, and we'll lynch you for it eventually.

what could be signaling, makes me think that on the chance ta or awaclus flip mafia they could be scummates... not that i am necessarily saying they are scum as i think ta is leaning a bit more town and awaclus is right in the null zone, but more to put in a reminder to look at them for a later day if one is to flip...

Oh come on, give me more credit than that.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 15, 2015, 07:05:24 pm »

I like this game.

Vote: Awaclus

This seems closer to a policy vote and not related to anything that's happening in the game. I find his play a bit frustrating too, but I think you can do better than this

this mild objection along with this:

Don't worry though, if you're town, you'll fix this. If you're scum, you won't, and we'll lynch you for it eventually.

what could be signaling, makes me think that on the chance ta or awaclus flip mafia they could be scummates... not that i am necessarily saying they are scum as i think ta is leaning a bit more town and awaclus is right in the null zone, but more to put in a reminder to look at them for a later day if one is to flip...

Oh come on, give me more credit than that.

You can debase that argument, just lynch Awaclus!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 15, 2015, 07:15:43 pm »

I feel like we should really have gkrieg at somepoint do the flavor name death to say who his partner is at least. Or have his partner claim while hes alive.

I'm just going to be annoyed if when gkrieg dies we won't be able to confirm the mason.

Although with faust being a UB unless hes scum he will be able to confirm the other mason... so maybe its not needed?

hmm interesting. Now I'm not sure whats best here since if faust is scum he will have to link himself to another scum to pull the claim off which is awesome for us.

For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 15, 2015, 08:37:01 pm »

unvote

I don't think TA does that big post as scum.  Too much attention and he as a mini-wagon on him.  That's not his style.

He did it in Mistborn, actually.  Got him a lot of town cred.
This was the reason I switched my vig shot from him at the end

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 15, 2015, 09:22:14 pm »

so this day has been kinda weird... at least for me i have been gone for a year so maybe this is the new normal... but we really haven't had any L-1, L-2 wagons to speak of, which for me is a key analysis tool, especially day1.

i think a large part of that is due to having four players basically be absentee voters in jimmmmm, uos, chairs and awalcus. this isn't a criticism of them necessarily as some have just been unable to post and others have a way of playing that is low in posting/voting amounts... which is fine...

but i am wondering if there is a way to still do wagon analysis but on ones that have hit L-3, L-4, given the missing four votes or is the wagon size so dependent upon the needed to lynch number?

I don't want to sit down and do the work if people don't think it will be useful...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 15, 2015, 10:03:33 pm »

so i thought i would go look at pps in a town role to see if i could see the same amount of what i will, "self-absorption" and didn't really see as much, at least not until he actually was the focal point of interest day3 when he was mislynched, but when the pressure was casual and light. there was a moment early day3 where pps was confident (without any proof, but with some reasonable level of suspicion) that the recently deceased cop had investigated him the night before...

but more importantly i found this:

So, here's a question, is anybody even going to listen to me or should I just hammer myself now?  There was no sarcasm there.  I'm not going to waste my time if you're not going to listen.

Oh boo hoo, we've got a victim. This is practically always a scumtell and even if it isn't nobody wants someone around who won't play their wincon.

What you are dong here is also practically always a scumtell as well...

Interesting, I caught quite a bit of this in Diffusion of Power and guess who was scum there? Playing the why is everyone ganging up on me/tunneling me card is an emotional ploy regardless of alignment. Being a game of logical deduction emotional ploys become smokescreens. Argue the case, make your own or die trying.

where pps is talking about how he did this--this being overly concerned with the amount of suspicion he was receiving and publicly complaining about it-- in DoP, the game TA referenced and admits that he has used real emotion in this regard as a scum smokescreen...

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 16, 2015, 08:28:21 am »

vote: pps

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Vote Count 1.3
« Reply #532 on: September 16, 2015, 08:42:13 am »

Vote Count 1.3

Awaclus (1): Witherweaver
ashersky (1): Hydrad
pingpongsam (3): Twistedarcher, yuma, chairs
Twistedarcher (2): pingpongsam, faust
Hydrad (1): gkrieg13

Not Voting (4): Awaclus, UmbrageOfSnow, Jimmmmm, ashersky

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends on September 21, 3 PM forum time.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 16, 2015, 10:04:29 am »

When I flip please kill TA. Vote: pps
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 16, 2015, 10:08:38 am »

I see there has been discussion about my claim. I can walk you through my thought process if you like.

So I assume the mason claim is truthful. I.e. we have 3 Ms. There may be other roles. If there are, then scum has a full strongman. It may be worth the gambit for them to keep the masons alive to shoot for more dangerous PRs. Now they either have to leave 3 potential ICs alive or give us a potential investigative result.

Second, should the Mason claim be a lie, my claim may in the end help us to figure that out, because 3 Ms is a lot to put into the equation.

Third, I knew the claim wasn't completely safe, so dropping it at a later point might lead people to assume it was fake and lynch me anyway. I thought getting it out earlier would leave me enough time to explain why it's not a fake claim and also make it clear I was not just trying to safe myself for another day.

So I was on the fence about claiming with all that already. Then ash and yuma started pushing my wagon, and I thought PPS was on it too. That was pretty much to go against. I thought I might not get out of this anyway without claiming, and decided to save the time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 16, 2015, 10:10:03 am »

I was going to write up a lengthy defense of you and my reasons for scumreading TA. Oh well.

Vote: PPS

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 16, 2015, 10:31:03 am »

are you talking to town or scumbuddies?

and on a serious note it is hard to take you seriously when you self vote, it invalidates anything else you have to say... so honestly if you do flip town your opinion on ta won't influence me at all because if you are willing to think self voting is a good idea... who can trust anything else you have to say...?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 16, 2015, 10:35:49 am »

I was going to write up a lengthy defense of you and my reasons for scumreading TA. Oh well.

I personally would still be interested in a short, summarized version if you feel that would be worth your time

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 16, 2015, 11:34:43 am »

TA makes a valid case regardless if he is scum or town. The fact is he has tunneled me from the beginning. It might be easy to say I have tunneled him but that is not the case. I have continually looked at other possibilities and strongly insinuated how I feel on other people's potential scum alignment. Along the way I have reviewed TA's progression and it has always read as scum to me.

He presents a case I can't argue with so the easiest thing to do is prove my flip as town. If he is town I think he would be looking at other options and not tunneling so much. I believe I was selected early on as a strong contender for scum targeting and TA is pushing that agenda. As scum it is really not smart to do this because my flips shows him as likely scum so the campaign has to be to diminish that possibility now much as Yuma is doing.

Tldr I think TA is scum but that vote clearly won't carry so the next best thing is to follow his vote on me so that my flip reveals his true intentions.

Besides, TA's case on me states that I bus heavily as scum. Clearly he knows I will flip town or else he is proven to be my scum partner were I to flip otherwise. I feel we are both kind of deadlocked into our current positions.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 16, 2015, 11:36:24 am »

I believe I was targeted because my history shows that I am very weak early game and get stronger as the game progresses. Scum want me dead ASAP, especially if I have already successfully identified some of them which I think I have.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: September 16, 2015, 11:37:16 am »

Finally, my play style as either alignment is very centered around what is directed towards me. This is no scum tell and Yuma suggesting that it is not the case in other games where I was town is disingenuous.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 16, 2015, 11:39:24 am »

Obviously I am scum because I got on the PPS wagon at the most opportune times. First I cast suspicion on him from the very beginning then got off when he got to L-2 and now that someone else is leading the charge I got on in the middle of the wagon where it's safest to hide.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 16, 2015, 11:43:39 am »

One other idea. If TA drops his campaign on me for today I will also go in a different direction. As it is, the majority opinion seems to be we want D1 over and an informative flip so I am offering that in the most expedient way.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 16, 2015, 11:51:25 am »

Vote: pps

This is L-1.  This is distracting.  Was I like this?  (am I?)
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 16, 2015, 12:38:23 pm »

are you talking to town or scumbuddies?

and on a serious note it is hard to take you seriously when you self vote, it invalidates anything else you have to say... so honestly if you do flip town your opinion on ta won't influence me at all because if you are willing to think self voting is a good idea... who can trust anything else you have to say...?

+1

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 16, 2015, 12:44:38 pm »

I personally would still be interested in a short, summarized version if you feel that would be worth your time

Well, short version is I felt like scum!PPS would not keep so close to his scum-meta that several players here still have very present. Him playing like that means it's just his normal meta (I don't actually recall playing a game with PPS where he was town).

TA's response after getting some pressure felt much like the one he had in that one game where we caught him D1. I'm not exactly sure which one it is, but I think I got the MVP, some that narrows it down.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 16, 2015, 12:46:49 pm »

Vote: pps

This is L-1.  This is distracting.  Was I like this?  (am I?)

I don't think you're like that. YOu get frustrated (or fake-frustrated) and emotional. PPS actually tries to convince us that it's best play for him to self-vote. Which is bullshit.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 16, 2015, 01:26:04 pm »

I'd do TA above PPS.

Hydrad still looks scummy as well.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 16, 2015, 01:28:47 pm »

Finally, my play style as either alignment is very centered around what is directed towards me. This is no scum tell and Yuma suggesting that it is not the case in other games where I was town is disingenuous.

how can it be disingenuous where I actually looked at the game (adventure time) and reported what I actually saw? Like I said there was one moment where you were convinced the cop had investigated you, but other than that, you weren't very "ME" focused that game as town. It is what it is. It isn't like I made up all of those posts for you or erased posts where you were "ME" focused.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #549 on: September 16, 2015, 01:32:59 pm »

Okay, I caught up with this game.

PPS should stop self-voting. TA doesn't really look all that scummy to me. Hydrad is null.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 80  All

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 15 queries.