Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 80  All

Author Topic: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Game over, Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 201208 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #500 on: September 15, 2015, 04:15:32 pm »

It makes less sense from a town narrative

Any thoughts on the town incentive for Faust's claim?

OK, you may be correct, I take back my objection

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 15, 2015, 04:16:29 pm »

scumslips, flip flopping, panicked response, omgusing, role fishing, sk hunting, scummy lurking, buddying, naval gazing, mirroring, over defensive, case inflating, "wrong reason-itis"

are a handful i can think of. not that scum always does, or that town isn't capable of doing so. but i have personally been part of lynches that caught people in nearly all of these

poe does help narrow down pools so there is a part of town narrative building at play, certainly...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 15, 2015, 04:24:22 pm »

unvote

I don't think TA does that big post as scum.  Too much attention and he as a mini-wagon on him.  That's not his style.

I think we don't lynch from gkrieg/faust today, no matter what.  I'm still not convinced the second mason needs to claim yet.  Imagine a world...

--where the second mason stays hidden and this is a single M game, so there is no UB.  No way they can kill gkrieg, nor do they want to kill the other mason.  If the second mason claims, that ensures they don't hit either with an NK.  Instead, they'll want to kill from the pool of townies that can't confirm his lie -- so any other PR is best, as he can just say he inherited it and make crap up from there, but a VT is safe.  Now, instead, imagine a world...

--where the second mason stays hidden and this is a 3M+ game, so there is a UB.  We can't confirm that until a mason dies, which can be gkrieg at this point, since that's who scum could kill, force faust into that role, and the "extra" IC is taken out of the equation.  There are some reasons I can think of where that's actually the preferred route to confirming faust's towniness, which don't have to be spelled out.  I'm not sure how much value we get from knowing it's 3M+ vs single M.

So, I see an argument to be made to hold off on the second mason's claim if we think boxing in scum's options are better.  I think even at worst, it keeps a solitary quasi-IC alive in gkrieg who they can't kill until they can cover faust's claim, and at best we could force them into stumbling a bit. 
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 15, 2015, 04:25:59 pm »

On a town incentive for claiming UB...move discussion forward, get heat off of him and onto possible scum, call into question the mason claim...there are a few.

Do they outweigh holding off?  Dunno.  Too late now.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 15, 2015, 04:27:37 pm »

On a town incentive for claiming UB...move discussion forward, get heat off of him and onto possible scum, call into question the mason claim...there are a few.

Do they outweigh holding off?  Dunno.  Too late now.

I'm not looking to judge Faust's decision, I'm looking to use it as information to determine his alignment.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 15, 2015, 04:28:35 pm »

unvote

I don't think TA does that big post as scum.  Too much attention and he as a mini-wagon on him.  That's not his style.

He did it in Mistborn, actually.  Got him a lot of town cred.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 15, 2015, 04:30:39 pm »

unvote

Did he?  I don't recall it specifically.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #507 on: September 15, 2015, 04:31:24 pm »

scumslips, flip flopping, panicked response, omgusing, role fishing, sk hunting, scummy lurking, buddying, naval gazing, mirroring, over defensive, case inflating, "wrong reason-itis"

Yeah, those are reasons to consider a town narrative weaker.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 15, 2015, 04:32:24 pm »

So, I see an argument to be made to hold off on the second mason's claim if we think boxing in scum's options are better.  I think even at worst, it keeps a solitary quasi-IC alive in gkrieg who they can't kill until they can cover faust's claim, and at best we could force them into stumbling a bit.

that is compelling but what we cant have happen is a day where we dont get a lynch happen until last few hours, have the mason claim (or worse get mislynched via derp), and then not be able to get a lynch through and time out...

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 15, 2015, 04:32:36 pm »

unvote

Did he?  I don't recall it specifically.

Yeah I did, towards the end of D1.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: September 15, 2015, 04:33:10 pm »

si you just have a fancier name for it then? good for you...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 15, 2015, 04:34:02 pm »

that is compelling but what we cant have happen is a day where we dont get a lynch happen until last few hours, have the mason claim (or worse get mislynched via derp), and then not be able to get a lynch through and time out...

Fair enough.  I think it's safe to say if the mason is a real lynch target at any point in a way that could mess up the end of day, he should claim to ensure we have enough time to figure things out.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 15, 2015, 04:34:12 pm »

si you just have a fancier name for it then? good for you...

Haha.  Welcome to talking with Awaclus.  Eventually you'll come around to my line of thinking, where it's easier to just lynch him.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 15, 2015, 04:36:10 pm »

Awaclus I think the issue is that your gameplay so far this game is generating absolutely no reason to give you a town (or scum) narrative. You haven't contributed at all beyond theory. Just went back and re-read your posts, there was nothing there.

While you have plently of material to use on other players, we have no material to use on you, which is a major issue. You need to get reads, votes, interactions out there so other players can effectively determine your alignment.

Right now, you haven't. As town, you want people to be able to identify your alignment so they don't mislynch you. As scum, you don't want people to identify your alignment. Right now, your lack of information/interactions is putting you much closer to the scum narrative than the town narrative.

Don't worry though, if you're town, you'll fix this. If you're scum, you won't, and we'll lynch you for it eventually.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 15, 2015, 04:38:26 pm »

Awaclus' scum narrative is trivial as a simple artifact of his play style. 

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 15, 2015, 04:40:49 pm »

While you have plently of material to use on other players, we have no material to use on you, which is a major issue. You need to get reads, votes, interactions out there so other players can effectively determine your alignment.

This is his thing, the entirety of his thing.  He ensures there's nothing about him to highlight.  It's become the only thing to highlight.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #516 on: September 15, 2015, 04:42:28 pm »

Awaclus I think the issue is that your gameplay so far this game is generating absolutely no reason to give you a town (or scum) narrative. You haven't contributed at all beyond theory. Just went back and re-read your posts, there was nothing there.

Right now, you haven't. As town, you want people to be able to identify your alignment so they don't mislynch you. As scum, you don't want people to identify your alignment. Right now, your lack of information/interactions is putting you much closer to the scum narrative than the town narrative.

That is true, but it's because other games and other stuff has been requiring a lot of my attention lately. I'll pay more attention to this game probably later D1.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 15, 2015, 04:42:41 pm »

This is his thing, the entirety of his thing.  He ensures there's nothing about him to highlight.  It's become the only thing to highlight.

Fortunately, there is always a way to find out his alignment.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 15, 2015, 04:43:21 pm »

so lets make him be a highlight..

awaclus: why aren't you voting for pps?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #519 on: September 15, 2015, 04:45:05 pm »

That is not true. I do participate in theory talk, vote for people, and accuse them of being scum.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #520 on: September 15, 2015, 04:46:05 pm »

awaclus: why aren't you voting for pps?

Because

other games and other stuff has been requiring a lot of my attention lately

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 15, 2015, 04:47:39 pm »

I like this game.

Vote: Awaclus

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 15, 2015, 04:59:54 pm »

I like this game.

This seems closer to a policy vote and not related to anything that's happening in the game. I find his play a bit frustrating too, but I think you can do better than this

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 15, 2015, 05:09:26 pm »

I like this game.

This seems closer to a policy vote and not related to anything that's happening in the game. I find his play a bit frustrating too, but I think you can do better than this

Can't do better if he's scum!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 15, 2015, 06:14:53 pm »

I like this game.

this mild objection along with this:

Don't worry though, if you're town, you'll fix this. If you're scum, you won't, and we'll lynch you for it eventually.

what could be signaling, makes me think that on the chance ta or awaclus flip mafia they could be scummates... not that i am necessarily saying they are scum as i think ta is leaning a bit more town and awaclus is right in the null zone, but more to put in a reminder to look at them for a later day if one is to flip...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 80  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.