Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 127373 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #875 on: July 01, 2015, 02:30:40 am »

Alright, here goes.

The first posts of real substance start here, where Seprix votes for UoS for supposedly shutting down theory talk. There are some PSA posts here where people post things that are true but unhelpful, like Skip pointing out that there's a Strongman. UoS and Seprix are both willing to get into real play here, so town points for each of them. This post largely eliminates the possibility that they are partners to me, as I don't think scum talks to each other that directly, especially so early (I'm also pretty sure that UoS is town but I'm trying to unpack everything from the beginning and consider every possibility).

Witherweaver moves back to RVS. It's scummy, but so blatantly so that I think actual scum would avoid it.

This is a major overreaction to a small number of votes- and in the next post, he also comments that one of the people voting for him has a good point. Both of these things are scummy, but also slightly less so coming from Seprix. Still, scum points for him here.

Okay, Awaclus's first post. Let's pretend Seprix is Awaclus's partner here. How does he react to his partner coming under fire so early? I'd say he's more likely to direct his posts toward the people voting for Seprix, rather than address Seprix directly, which is what he does. He also votes for Seprix immediately thereafter, but without actually provding much justification, which I think he would be more careful to do if he was bussing. This is pointing back toward town!Seprix to me.

pacovf is quietly pushing the Seprix lynch in this and in other posts. I feel like he's also subtly buddying UoS.

This post, as well as the post that WW is quoting, stuck out to me a bit. Regardless of my read on UoS, changing an RVS vote to a serious one is something that is seen as pretty universally scummy, and thus a “safe” thing for scum to vote based on. I get a slight partner vibe from the two of them here, but WW could also be looking for a townie's incorrect read to sheep.

Another WW post that gives me scum vibes. Scum likes to defend townies that have lots of suspicion, so that they can appear reasonable and can say “I told you so!” when the lynch goes through. WW's also savvy enough to avoid appearing too eager to jump on a wagon.

This post strengthens my town read on UoS. And WW gets jokey in response, which is scummy.

chairs is absent for most of the early game, but that could just be chairs being chairs.

pacovf seems very calculated in his posts. Going to keep an eye on him. This too, looks possibly like scum ready to sheep a towny. And this is a post where he puts out a lot without committing to much of anything, and ends with a pretty safe vote on someone known for lurking. Scum read rising.

This is really weird to me. Like WW is making a point of not remember who Skip is. If one of them flips scum I think it's very likely that they're partners.

This post makes me disinclined to believe that Seprix and WW are partners, but I'll look for more interactions between the two of them.

Here's Awaclus, posting but making a point not to comment on anything that's happened or is happening. The biggest wagon at this moment is on WW. Doesn't want to say something incriminating about his partner?

This might be a nitpicky thing, but I think it's interesting that here, Skip says that he “doesn't feel the WW wagon”, rather than saying that he thinks WW is town or providing a reason.

I realize I haven't been really commenting on Teproc's posts. It's mostly that I find him towny, but as a wise man once said, Teproc always seems towny when scum. I don't want to discount him entirely.

chairs doing wacky stuff. In my experience wacky chairs is town chairs. I also like this post, which I guess I missed the first time.

This discussion eliminates the possibility of a UoS/Skip team to me, but I think UoS is town anyway, so whatever.

Teproc is the first person to bring up lynching Awaclus. Town.

Super hedgey post from mail-mi. Might also be WW's partner.

This might be indicative of a pacovf and Awaclus connection. pacovf being aware of his partner lurking, commenting on it without voting on it.

Awaclus post. Says next to nothing, but apparently isn't a fan of the WW lynch. Didn't speak out against it when it was within hammer range, though.

Okay, if this is bussing, it's super early and super quick. If WW is Awaclus's partner, he's either a) hoping the lynch doesn't actually go through, b) is going for a super-gutsy scum play, or possibly c) is just frustrated his partner is lurking so much. The second two don't seem like scum!WW plays to me. So less suspicion of WW now.

This post of pacovf's, on the other hand, points strongly toward an Awaclus/pacovf partnership. It's hedgey, noncomittal, ready to bus if need be but trying to push away from the lynch.

chairs tries to restart the WW wagon after people start voting for Awaclus. Major scum points here. And maybe his partner notices?

Yeah, way scummy on pacovf. Will probably be voting for him.

And this pushes me back toward a town read on WW.

Awaclus pushes chairs pretty hard, but there's a lot of WIFOM there. I don't know if there's real information to be had.

This, I think, is probably Awaclus trying to make WW look his partner, so it's even less likely that they actually are.

Okay, that's day one. Right now my reads are something like:

Town: UoS, WW, probably Teproc.
Scummy: pacovf>skip>Seprix>mail-mi>chairs.

I'll try and get to day two tomorrow morning.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 01, 2015, 02:52:55 am »

Proud of ya, ADK! :)

Reading now.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 01, 2015, 02:54:07 am »

..like Skip pointing out that there's a Strongman.
is this also not a scumslip or can we lynch him now?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 01, 2015, 03:04:50 am »

I don't quite get your statement, Skip. Care to elaborate?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 01, 2015, 03:06:12 am »

I never said there is a strongman. He knows there is because he's scum.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 01, 2015, 03:07:39 am »

Does town have a strongman equivalent?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 01, 2015, 03:08:46 am »

Does town have a strongman equivalent?
no, if I understand you're question correctly. Which im not entirely certain I do.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 01, 2015, 03:09:24 am »

No, that's a stupid question. (I was making sure there wasn't some mix up where ADK had a PR) After looking over the setup... Yeah, looks bad for ADK.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 01, 2015, 03:10:07 am »

Another option is that ADK could be a cop? If I'm not mistaken, they can find out roles, right?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 01, 2015, 03:10:19 am »

IC requires two letters to be rolled which means there's at least a one-shot strongman for sure.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: July 01, 2015, 03:15:00 am »

vote: Seprix, the things you are saying are just way too weird. L-1?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 01, 2015, 03:17:16 am »

I'm inclined to believe ADK because I don't think he'd lie about setup. However, I've been pouring over the set up for 5 minutes now, and I cannot understand how ADK got his conclusion thus far.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 01, 2015, 03:18:24 am »

That is correct.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 01, 2015, 03:21:30 am »

If there's confusion I think it's because I'm using "strongman" to refer to both the 1-shot version and the full version because that's easier to type out and I assumed people would know what I meant.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 01, 2015, 03:23:44 am »

Well, I'm ready to make my claim if nobody has any ethical reasons to object. I can't think of any.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 01, 2015, 03:24:30 am »

Also, if you're really confused about the setup: six letters got rolled. We had an IC, so we know at least two M's got rolled, which means at most 4 T's got rolled, which means we know that scum has at least a 1-shot strongman and possibly a full strongman. Skip's post that I quoted also implied that he thought this through as well, so it's surprising to me that he's calling it a scumslip when I mentioned it.

PPE: I'm not intending to hammer right now, but go for it. Also I'm going to bed for real now.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1 start!)
« Reply #891 on: July 01, 2015, 03:26:08 am »

It's also worth noting that if anyone is a cop, vig, or mason, then that person knows the strongman is not a 1-shot

Bolding mine. And bed for real for real now.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 01, 2015, 03:30:23 am »

Okay. I'm a Cop. Not a 1-shot, either. I investigated Chairs N1 and he's Town, so barring any insanity rules, Chairs is towny.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 01, 2015, 03:32:29 am »

Also, if you're really confused about the setup: six letters got rolled. We had an IC, so we know at least two M's got rolled, which means at most 4 T's got rolled, which means we know that scum has at least a 1-shot strongman and possibly a full strongman. Skip's post that I quoted also implied that he thought this through as well, so it's surprising to me that he's calling it a scumslip when I mentioned it.

PPE: I'm not intending to hammer right now, but go for it. Also I'm going to bed for real now.
I didn't point out there's at least a one-shot. UoS did that b4 me so when you quoted MY post, which was specifically discussing strongman vs. one-shot strongman, you somehow missed that a town player wouldnt know that its definitely a full strongman, and you slipped that you had such knowledge. Now your excuse is that you meant one-shot strongman. But if you meant that, you would've quoted UoS's post, not mine.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 01, 2015, 03:36:03 am »

Okay. I'm a Cop. Not a 1-shot, either. I investigated Chairs N1 and he's Town, so barring any insanity rules, Chairs is towny.
sigh...

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 01, 2015, 03:42:00 am »

I didn't point out there's at least a one-shot. UoS did that b4 me so when you quoted MY post, which was specifically discussing strongman vs. one-shot strongman, you somehow missed that a town player wouldnt know that its definitely a full strongman, and you slipped that you had such knowledge. Now your excuse is that you meant one-shot strongman. But if you meant that, you would've quoted UoS's post, not mine.

I didn't miss that. I was pointing out that you were making an empty post about the setup, and was using strongman to refer to the role in general. I feel like that should be obvious but whatever.

There is a godfather so this doesn't 100% clear Chairs. I am inclined to believe Seprix right now. I'm also not sure why I told him to go ahead and claim, it is late and I'm not thinking too straight.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 01, 2015, 03:46:43 am »

There is a godfather so this doesn't 100% clear Chairs. I am inclined to believe Seprix right now. I'm also not sure why I told him to go ahead and claim, it is late and I'm not thinking too straight.

But I'd say the odds are good.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 01, 2015, 03:46:52 am »

this was a bad vote. Seprix says weird things. Deal with it.

this is way worse. Of course he shouldn't claim. We're nowhere near deadline and I think a bunch of people want to lynch you anyway. And he was only third on your scumlist anyway. If you hadnt already scumslipped I think this is bad enough by itself.

PPE

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 01, 2015, 03:48:01 am »

Well, I guess it was a bad idea to reveal then.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 01, 2015, 03:50:23 am »

I didn't miss that. I was pointing out that you were making an empty post about the setup, and was using strongman to refer to the role in general. I feel like that should be obvious but whatever.
according to your own account, we should interpret your post to say "skip points out there's at least a one-shot strongman." This is downright false, I didn't point that out. So what I think happened is that you scumslipped.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.