Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 126209 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #925 on: July 01, 2015, 01:02:06 pm »

So Seprix, why did you investigate chairs?

vote: Seprix, the things you are saying are just way too weird. L-1?
this was a bad vote. Seprix says weird things. Deal with it.

"Weird" is a shorthand because it was very late for me. He reads a) panicked and b) overplaying setup confusion in those posts. I don't see a reason why he would be panicking there. Moreover, the "I don't know how cop works" thing is completely artificial. Yes, now he could say that he was reverse-soft-claiming cop, but still, it's bad.

A posteriori, I don't like how he offered to claim before anyone announced intent to hammer.

You mentioned that you wanted to reread D2 too. Is that going to happen? You haven't addressed the case on you either (mainly how consistently you've been deflecting away from Awaclus all D1).

Also, come on Mail-mi, you can do better than that. [...]
Witherweaver has been replaced by hockeysemlan.

Well, after he said that he was a VT (when nobody was even asking!), and fine with getting lynched, that means we will have to lynch him at some point, because that's just a very easy way out for scum. We just don't have to lynch him today, though

Wuh? ...ok.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 01, 2015, 01:02:26 pm »

Hey, I agree, quoting is hard!
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 01, 2015, 01:03:19 pm »

Ah, the replacement has been announced..

Hi everyone! Trying to catch up the best I can, keep doing whatever it is your doing in the meantime. If you want to give me heads up about your thoughts on me /WW I appreciate it.

I used to think you were scum. Now I don't, and basically everyone thinks you're town because you were at a decisive place on the Awaclus wagon.

Have you not followed the game at all ? That would be an interesting perspective.

PPE : 2
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 01, 2015, 01:04:38 pm »

I realize now my vote probably didn't count, so : vote: Seprix
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 01, 2015, 01:08:27 pm »

Ah, the replacement has been announced..

Hi everyone! Trying to catch up the best I can, keep doing whatever it is your doing in the meantime. If you want to give me heads up about your thoughts on me /WW I appreciate it.

Hi Hockey, welcome to the game.

I'm townreading your slot, but don't let that make you lazy please.  Why is that your first question though?

If you're really asking "am I in danger of being lynched right now" the answer is no.  We're lynching Mail-mi, Pacovf or mayyyybbe Seprix who just claimed cop or ADK who finally decided to step it up and play the game.

Good. Yeah, I wanted to know If I needed to defend myself soon (only saw the D1 wagon so far). I will try not to be lazy, but I don't want to stress my readthrough if I can avoid it. If I'm townie right now I take my time tonight, and contribute as soon as I can later on :)
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: July 01, 2015, 01:09:13 pm »

That reminds me. Why did WW leave? If I'm asking an unethical question, sorry.

He did not say.

I realize now my vote probably didn't count

Yes, votes in quotes don't count. This one counts of course.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 01, 2015, 01:16:32 pm »

vote: mail-mi.

I'm okay with this.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 01, 2015, 01:34:35 pm »

Also, come on Mail-mi, you can do better than that.

I really don't like Mail-mi's commitment to not even trying.  Like I just don't understand why you're even signing up for these games.  You're not even trying to be helpful here.

I get the impression only WW and I are interested in voting Mail-mi, and I want to get a lynch decision reached in the next couple of days before we get to the holiday weekend.  But can we  please, PLEASE not let Mail-mi get away with this crap for the whole rest of the game guys?  I mean what if we go to LYLO with Mail-mi.  If we let him coast that far the game is a coin flip.  He's just daring us to never lynch him because "scum wouldn't do that"  but I think scum absolutely would lurk and say "might as well just lynch me".  And I'm worried the town who make it to the endgame are just going to give him a pass.

I do not understand why a VT claim, a commitment to unhelpfulness, and "sure, go ahead and lynch me" should be worth towncred.  Do we give towncred for self-voting too?

I did it because I don't have time to do anything with this game, and don't know when I will. And I want others to enjoy this game without me weighing it down, when I don't have time to put in the effort this game deserves. I certainly won't until after I get back from my vacation next week.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 01, 2015, 01:44:29 pm »

@UoS, re : mail-mi. Don't lynch anti-town, lynch scum. I'm not particularly convinced mail-mi is town, but there are other people I find much scummier.

I'm not interested in lynching Mail-mi only because he's anti-town.  But I really don't like our odds if we bring him to LYLO, regardless of his alignment.  You will note that my vote is currently on Pacovf though.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 01, 2015, 01:58:46 pm »

I don't really believe Seprix.

He didn't understand how cop actually worked
Another option is that ADK could be a cop? If I'm not mistaken, they can find out roles, right?

Then again, he also didn't get why a townie could know for sure there was a non-1-shot strongman without it being a scumslip.

And with 50% of the remaining scum being godfathers, cop isn't as strong as it sometimes is.

Still, I think we should leave Seprix alive for today, the non-Godfather scum may feel pressure to take this decision off our hands, and if not Seprix can start creating a better not-Godfather pool.

Once the Godfather is dead, the strongman has to take him out or die by POE.  If Seprix lives past a certain point we can safely lynch fakeclaim!Seprix then, which is better than now.

Oh, I just said "strongman" was that a scumslip?  No.  No it was not.

Vote: Pacovf
ok, so about that rolecop confusion, yeah, maybe he thought if he investigated scum he would get a result of guilty that also included the role. Is that so crazy?

And no when you said 'strongman' it wasn't a scumslip because you meant 'some kind of strongman' and that was a correct usage in your situation. In adk's situation that couldn't have been what it meant. It meant 'full strongman'. Scumslip.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 01, 2015, 02:01:01 pm »

Assuming I don't die.

It's not a bad assumption to make.  There are plenty of good NK targets for scum and we might have a doctor.  And no offense, but if you are a real cop, you're more likely to be disbelieved and lynched through it than, for example, Hydrad.  And the Godfather has nothing to fear from you.

Play the game like you're going to see tomorrow.  The odds are reasonable that you will.

Got it. I'll scout out whoever we don't lynch who is in second place, then.
dont announce whom you're investigating

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 01, 2015, 02:02:48 pm »

And no when you said 'strongman' it wasn't a scumslip because you meant 'some kind of strongman' and that was a correct usage in your situation. In adk's situation that couldn't have been what it meant. It meant 'full strongman'. Scumslip.

It is so crazy.  Because he already had a result on chairs!  And because cop never works like that.

And ADK didn't say that.  And you've pointed out yourself how a town player could know that we had a full strongman even if that is really what he meant.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 01, 2015, 02:03:51 pm »

Also, come on Mail-mi, you can do better than that.

I really don't like Mail-mi's commitment to not even trying.  Like I just don't understand why you're even signing up for these games.  You're not even trying to be helpful here.

I get the impression only WW and I are interested in voting Mail-mi, and I want to get a lynch decision reached in the next couple of days before we get to the holiday weekend.  But can we  please, PLEASE not let Mail-mi get away with this crap for the whole rest of the game guys?  I mean what if we go to LYLO with Mail-mi.  If we let him coast that far the game is a coin flip.  He's just daring us to never lynch him because "scum wouldn't do that"  but I think scum absolutely would lurk and say "might as well just lynch me".  And I'm worried the town who make it to the endgame are just going to give him a pass.

I do not understand why a VT claim, a commitment to unhelpfulness, and "sure, go ahead and lynch me" should be worth towncred.  Do we give towncred for self-voting too?
I see what you're saying. Id just rather lynch adk. And based on pavovf and adk each finding the other extremely scummy, I think it's less likely they're a team. So I'd currently have mail-mi as my seccond lynch option

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 01, 2015, 02:04:54 pm »

ok, so about that rolecop confusion, yeah, maybe he thought if he investigated scum he would get a result of guilty that also included the role. Is that so crazy?[/quote]

It is, because he supposedly got a result on chairs, and that result said "Town" (or something to that effect), which is very clearly not chairs's role, just his alignement.

PPE : 2

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 01, 2015, 02:05:08 pm »

I'm blaming it all on the heat.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 01, 2015, 02:11:44 pm »

You mentioned that you wanted to reread D2 too. Is that going to happen? You haven't addressed the case on you either (mainly how consistently you've been deflecting away from Awaclus all D1).

I'll try to get it to it, and if the case on me is that I've been lurking and deflected from Awaclus than on the first point I apologize and am trying to fix it, and on the second point, if I was deflecting from awaclus than it wasn't intentional. I was okay with an Awaclus lynch but had a lynch that I liked better (which I now don't like at all). I also didn't push against the Awaclus lynch nearly as hard as you did, which is why you're my preferred lynch.

I'd like to lynch pacovf. I could lynch mail-mi. I'm not lynching hockey.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 01, 2015, 02:15:26 pm »

I could lynch pacovf.

vote: pacovf.

I'd kind of like to get the lynch in today because (as will continue for the foreseeable future) I'll be out of town this weekend.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 01, 2015, 02:19:50 pm »

I was going to suggest we push for a lynch by tomorrow, but I'm happy lynching one of Mail-mi or Pacovf today.  How long are you going to be online today chairs?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 01, 2015, 02:20:49 pm »

It is so crazy.  Because he already had a result on chairs!  And because cop never works like that.

And ADK didn't say that.  And you've pointed out yourself how a town player could know that we had a full strongman even if that is really what he meant.
he had a town result on chairs. He may still not know what a scum result looks like.

I will explain the scumslip for probably the last time before I give up: I said that a cop or a vig or a mason knows there's a full strongman. Note that this was after UoS pointed out there was some kind of strongman. Adk described MY post as pointing out there was a strongman. Now he says he meant that I pointed out there was some kind of strongman. I dont believe thats what he meant because I DIDN'T POINT THAT OUT. so what he meant was that I pointed out there was a strongman. Which I didnt, but if he were a strongman he may make that slip. Now UoS points out that if he is said cop, vig, or mason, he'd have that information too. I realized that and therefore contemplated not pointing it out. But then I decided that thats a slip thats much less likely because if he's a pr he had to figure out himself that there's a strongman and is more sensitive to the fact that nobody else knows that. But if he was given the information in the beginning pf the game, I think thats an easier slip.

PPE: @teproc, I can see seprix assuming 'town' means 'vt', but yeah maybe

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 01, 2015, 02:21:27 pm »

Pacovf is at L-2 by the way, so let's not be too hasty with voting and not reading PPEs people.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: July 01, 2015, 02:24:55 pm »

I also didn't push against the Awaclus lynch nearly as hard as you did

Very debatable.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 01, 2015, 02:32:25 pm »

Also, adk told seprix to claim and then immediately said "oh yeah, don't know why I did that."  Nobody cares about that

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 01, 2015, 02:33:32 pm »

Also, adk told seprix to claim and then immediately said "oh yeah, don't know why I did that."  Nobody cares about that
supposed to be a question mark at the end of that

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 01, 2015, 02:43:12 pm »

Hehe, skip on ADK reminds me of myself on mail-mi in D1.

For what it's worth, I would be quite happy with an ADK lynch too.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 01, 2015, 02:48:40 pm »

Hehe, skip on ADK reminds me of myself on mail-mi in D1.

For what it's worth, I would be quite happy with an ADK lynch too.

So you're thinking that Skip is going to look bad for trying to deflect us onto ADK when we lynch you and you flip scum?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 51  All

Page created in 1.803 seconds with 19 queries.