Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 79  All

Author Topic: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 196984 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #500 on: July 06, 2015, 06:36:38 pm »

Really I'm fine lynching gkrieg/Seprix not because of the cases on them, but the opinions I got from my own re-read.
If it came down to those, I'd definitely prefer Seprix.  My meta idea is not that strong, and Seprix is liable to cause a lot of too-scummy-to-be-scum, no-that's-terrible-we-should-lynch-him later as town or scum I think, so no offense to Seprix but if we were forced to lynch someone immediately with no discussion or interactions or anything, based purely on playstyle, he'd be a better lynch than most.

I disagree with you on XP, also.
Could you elaborate on this?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 06, 2015, 06:37:47 pm »

And yeah, as everyone apparently disagrees with me on Faust, I'll go back to Vote: XP

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 06, 2015, 06:41:50 pm »

You're also not on Seprix currently -- are you still scummy on him? What's your viewpoint here? Apologies if it's been stated recently, but it's just impossible to remember the current thoughts of 17 people.

largely forgot about him before your post, light scum based on your reread.

let's see though

- Seprix doesn't respond to #84, even though he clearly read the post (re: views on UoS). FoS to Seprix for this.

I think this is generally a good argument, because not responding to posts is something scum can often get away with, especially if other stuff is happening - and even if they get called out on it, it's not that big of a deal, because town can forget stuff too.

that said 84 was this

I know the roles in mafia.  It was just the flavor name.  I think it is just in a different language and/or I don't have a large enough vocabulary

Great, so now you're either PR or Mafia claiming subtly. I'll err on the side of PR since you're new.

unvote

Be a man and actually keep your vote on him.  This seems like a book with manly men who can vote for something and not immediately remove it before it's even had a chance to give the slightest feeling of pressure.

which doesn't necessarily call for an answer.

#138 Seprix post -- Fishy to me. "Chairs!scum is something I can see easily" -- the way it's worded has me weirded out. It's like he wants to support the narrative (and thus lynch him), but he says it in a way that he can easily flip to 'oh yeah, it can be a scum narrative, too'

well - it's {alignment}!{playername}, not vice versa... but that's the only thing I find weird about that post.

{{ doing a short reread myself }}

eh. nullish. he has this really weird post on faust which I'd give him mild town points for because what? Aside from that, he doesn't seem too terribly invested, which I think might be a town trait? but he's also blending in, so slight scum for that.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 06, 2015, 08:23:28 pm »

Also, I have been tunneling XP, so that is not necessarily "blending in without contributing a lot."  You could join in the discussion as to why XP is scummy, or do you not want to do that to your partner?

vote: 2.7.  I don't like the tone this game is starting to develop - lots of gratuitous accusing that does nothing to actually help the game.  And OMGUS here - faust's vote seems well justified - whether or not you agree with it, his narrative makes sense. Prove him wrong if he is mistaken.

He's scummy because you don't like his tone?  Or you think he's actively being unhelpful to seed confusion?

Here I read his tone as becoming defensive, which can be a scum trait.  But my vote is more to express my feeling than to push through his lynch.  Although, and this is a small thing ...

Day 1 ends on July 9 at 1:00 a.m. forum time.

Also, keep in mind.  We only have about 2 days left of D1

... repeated deadline reminders is a classic way to try to seem towny.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 06, 2015, 08:29:22 pm »

I'm back. Reading from page 17 on, lots of activity.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 06, 2015, 08:31:26 pm »

Though I wonder why it is so difficult for him to explain his scum read, especially when he thinks it's that obvious.

Simply put, Gkraig is rambling on about his PR in a totally confused way. I am glad you asked though, because now the lynch prospect doesn't seem as hot for me, I might just go back to XP actually. I don't know. I'm still reading.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 06, 2015, 08:35:35 pm »

But theory talk aside, why do you keep coming back to the modkill argument.  What you actually did didn't generate any modkills (nor would anyone expect it to).  But you've responded with the modkill thing 3 times now.  And not engaged much on what I'm actually suggesting you should have done.  Why the focus on the modkill thing?

You said I should have done something differently. I asked how, you made a suggestion, I pointed out that your suggestion may have led other, less experienced players to violate said rule and risk a modkill. I don't know what else you want to hear.

It's mostly me trying to get inside your head.  I don't like the defensive/accusatory tone toward me and Mail-mi that you not revealing a bunch of VTs and PRs to scum would have gotten someone modkilled so we are bad for suggesting it.

It doesn't come off to me as "oops" so much as "stop pushing this".

Dude, you're almost as aggressive as GreyICE, which is kind of fun actually.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 06, 2015, 08:37:39 pm »

Of the "leading wagons" I'm definitely leaning XP over Krieger.  And yeah we need to settle down onto a majority lynch in the next 2 days so we can make people take a firm stance on lynches that aren't their top preference.  But neither of these wagons is that big yet, and Faust is my preferred lynch.  But I'll be happy to switch tomorrow if no one agrees with me.

Thoughts from anyone else who hasn't chimed in on Faust?

I'm starting to regret my Krieger vote either way. I kind of forgot why I was voting him over XP, and that's obviously bad. I lost my train of thought I guess, I dunno. Faust seems fine right now, there are certainly better options for D1 lynches.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 06, 2015, 08:39:22 pm »

"A pony is a small horse" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pony

You don't usually post anything useful for Mafia.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 06, 2015, 08:40:10 pm »

I feel like any of the non-vanilla roles could say something like "you are the survivor-aligned ____". 

And yet you're pretty much confirmed not town? What are you even talking about?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: July 06, 2015, 08:42:34 pm »

I'm willing to give gkrieg a chance seeing as it's his first day, not just for policy, but because it'd be a shame to lynch confused!town,

Woah, never read this. This is pretty bad. Wow.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 06, 2015, 08:44:32 pm »

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 06, 2015, 08:46:02 pm »

Ooh, a post about me! :D

I just reread all of the posts and Seprix still seems very scummy to me. 
1. He seems to change his vote around a lot at the beginning.
Bad habit.
2. He makes a big deal about other people slipping something about their role.
...And so did everyone else. Your point?
3. When the wagon starts on him, he starts posting a lot less.  This seems like a scum thing to do so that people start talking about other people and the wagon goes off of him. 
I don't post less when I'm under pressure.
I'm keeping my vote on him because I feel like XP and hockey are town, as well as chairs at this point.
Chairs is Chairs, Hockey is a wagon because he pissed off SS, and XP is legitimately scummy this game.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 06, 2015, 08:46:42 pm »

. ?

Let me explain what I mean real quick. Chairs is going off on a tangent, discussing what is/isn't a pony, looking active while contributing nothing.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 06, 2015, 08:47:31 pm »

can mess with us

what does that even mean

Five votes, man, that's around just provoking aka "mess with someone"- but ah, shouldn't care, made my case with you I think. Scumread me as much as you like, but you can't lynch me alone- despice how many times you vote, y'know.

PPE: gk speaking sense. I like it. Vote: Seprix

Ok. Your not alone anymore. Good luck with it.

I can see this as newbie town buddying as much as scum buddying, so I won't put too much on this.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 06, 2015, 08:49:21 pm »

Seprix, nothing you say makes sense. I have to vote for you now.

vote: Seprix

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 06, 2015, 08:50:32 pm »

. ?

Let me explain what I mean real quick. Chairs is going off on a tangent, discussing what is/isn't a pony, looking active while contributing nothing.
Eh. I agree tangents aren't really productive to the game, but virtually everyone goes on a few. I don't think anyone is giving chairs town points for that post--and I don't think he posted that in order to get them. It's a side conversation.

PPE: 2

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 06, 2015, 08:53:16 pm »

Ah I'll vote: Seprix as well. 8)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 06, 2015, 08:57:32 pm »

Man, you guys suck. :(

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 06, 2015, 09:01:35 pm »

that's not what you said

can mess with us

what does that even mean

Five votes, man, that's around just provoking aka "mess with someone"- but ah, shouldn't care, made my case with you I think. Scumread me as much as you like, but you can't lynch me alone- despice how many times you vote, y'know.

I can see this as newbie town buddying as much as scum buddying, so I won't put too much on this.

how what where that was the opposite of buddying

Hockey is a wagon because he pissed off ss

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 06, 2015, 09:03:59 pm »

I still think hockey continues to be scummy. But this is scummy too:

Although I currently find gkreig scummy, I'm going to give him the good ol' D1 pass

I'm willing to give gkrieg a chance seeing as it's his first day, not just for policy, but because it'd be a shame to lynch confused!town, and we can always lynch new!scum tomorrow.

The other thing that I was trying to say was that my top scumreads(read: not strong) were voting for gkrieg, which would mean either:
-a very early bus (not very likely)
-gkrieg is an easy town target D1 (hope my words make sense with that, as it's important)(more likely)

culminating to a null read on gkrieg, I'll make a decision on whether I want to lynch him or not not today

- inconsistent
- disingenuous town read (call this one a gut reaction)
- empathizing that it's not just for policy... okay, this could be a town thing, but I generally think doing things for blatant policy is a towny thing to do for newer players and a scummy or neutral thing for experienced players
- overexplaining votes

This is a weak case. I read his post as how town!ghacob were in hearthstone and scumreading people based on their stye is.. well, it's not very good. This isn't scumhunting from your side, it's scumpainting. Your case on me is, I don't know, it's also totally uncalled for anyhow.. 

And how convenient, both your targets- me and Ghacob- are fairly new players so you can mess with us how much you like without anyone else really noticing anything. Mesh. You're the one who's scummy here..

Although, Staying with my vote on chairs however because of that picture  >:(

ahm, so, first of all, my case wasn't based on personal style. Secondly, I believe that cases on personal style are generally worth more not less than cases in a vacuum, and I don't understand where the dislike towards meta arguments is coming from.

You're the one who's scummy here..

Although, Staying with my vote on chairs however because of that picture  >:(

vote: hockey

...And then everyone voted for Hockey.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 06, 2015, 09:06:42 pm »

can mess with us

what does that even mean

I also read this as Hockey talking to Kraig for some stupid f***ing reason.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 06, 2015, 09:10:27 pm »

can mess with us

what does that even mean

I also read this as Hockey talking to Kraig for some stupid f***ing reason.

I can't explain why you think that this is Hockey talking to gkrieg.  But like you said yourself, you believe it for whatever reason you do.  Apparently a stupid one. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 06, 2015, 09:11:30 pm »

Worst part is, I can't explain it either. I honestly don't even know what's going on anymore.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 06, 2015, 09:12:22 pm »

...And then everyone voted for Hockey.

He built a case, people liked it, and voted.  Thats what you do.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 79  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 16 queries.