Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 79  All

Author Topic: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 196955 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: July 06, 2015, 02:37:16 pm »

Also, I have been tunneling XP, so that is not necessarily "blending in without contributing a lot."  You could join in the discussion as to why XP is scummy, or do you not want to do that to your partner?

It is weird to refer to your own play as tunnelling. Tunnel vision is a bad thing, because it's based on confirmation bias, and you claim you're doing it deliberately?

I already said I think Xerxes is town, I don't know what else you expect.

I did not say I have tunnel vision.  I am tunneling.  Tunneling is not a bad thing for town.  It puts pressure on players, it makes people take a stand, and it generates discussion.

Tunnel vision is bad.  There have been multiple occasions in previous games where I have been "tunneling" a person, reread him, then realized my case was crap.  And changed.  Reading someone for a scum narrative is a good thing, in my opinion, because then if you don't find one...well...you are all of a sudden pretty confident that they are town.

Does this suggest that you don't actually think XP is as scummy as you're making him out to be?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 06, 2015, 02:39:02 pm »

it wasn't... ... an intellectual ... ... ... decision ... I don't know ... ... why I voted ... for EFHW ... there ... I do ... weird things... sometimes ... ... ... ... especially as town ... like this post ... qwerty

So you're just a horse of a different color?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 06, 2015, 02:42:23 pm »

But theory talk aside, why do you keep coming back to the modkill argument.  What you actually did didn't generate any modkills (nor would anyone expect it to).  But you've responded with the modkill thing 3 times now.  And not engaged much on what I'm actually suggesting you should have done.  Why the focus on the modkill thing?

You said I should have done something differently. I asked how, you made a suggestion, I pointed out that your suggestion may have led other, less experienced players to violate said rule and risk a modkill. I don't know what else you want to hear.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 06, 2015, 02:46:03 pm »

it wasn't... ... an intellectual ... ... ... decision ... I don't know ... ... why I voted ... for EFHW ... there ... I do ... weird things... sometimes ... ... ... ... especially as town ... like this post ... qwerty
(...)horse(...)
I have no idea what you mean but I'm sure the answer is no.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 06, 2015, 02:47:54 pm »

(...)horse(...)

I'm pretty sure ponies are small horses.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 06, 2015, 02:47:59 pm »

But theory talk aside, why do you keep coming back to the modkill argument.  What you actually did didn't generate any modkills (nor would anyone expect it to).  But you've responded with the modkill thing 3 times now.  And not engaged much on what I'm actually suggesting you should have done.  Why the focus on the modkill thing?

You said I should have done something differently. I asked how, you made a suggestion, I pointed out that your suggestion may have led other, less experienced players to violate said rule and risk a modkill. I don't know what else you want to hear.

It's mostly me trying to get inside your head.  I don't like the defensive/accusatory tone toward me and Mail-mi that you not revealing a bunch of VTs and PRs to scum would have gotten someone modkilled so we are bad for suggesting it.

It doesn't come off to me as "oops" so much as "stop pushing this".

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 06, 2015, 02:48:07 pm »

Also, I have been tunneling XP, so that is not necessarily "blending in without contributing a lot."  You could join in the discussion as to why XP is scummy, or do you not want to do that to your partner?

It is weird to refer to your own play as tunnelling. Tunnel vision is a bad thing, because it's based on confirmation bias, and you claim you're doing it deliberately?

I already said I think Xerxes is town, I don't know what else you expect.

I did not say I have tunnel vision.  I am tunneling.  Tunneling is not a bad thing for town.  It puts pressure on players, it makes people take a stand, and it generates discussion.

Tunnel vision is bad.  There have been multiple occasions in previous games where I have been "tunneling" a person, reread him, then realized my case was crap.  And changed.  Reading someone for a scum narrative is a good thing, in my opinion, because then if you don't find one...well...you are all of a sudden pretty confident that they are town.

Does this suggest that you don't actually think XP is as scummy as you're making him out to be?

It means that I have an open mind to the matter.  Right now I think XP is the scummiest player.  I will post accordingly.  I will let you know when that changes.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 06, 2015, 02:52:24 pm »

It's mostly me trying to get inside your head.  I don't like the defensive/accusatory tone toward me and Mail-mi that you not revealing a bunch of VTs and PRs to scum would have gotten someone modkilled so we are bad for suggesting it.

It doesn't come off to me as "oops" so much as "stop pushing this".

Well, yeah, stop pushing this. Every question I answer for you makes it a balancing act for me not to reveal anything about my role, and there's very little benefit to it.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 06, 2015, 02:56:03 pm »

Day 1 ends on July 9 at 1:00 a.m. forum time.

Also, keep in mind.  We only have about 2 days left of D1
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 06, 2015, 02:59:16 pm »

(...)horse(...)

I'm pretty sure ponies are small horses.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 06, 2015, 03:00:38 pm »

Day 1 ends on July 9 at 1:00 a.m. forum time.

Also, keep in mind.  We only have about 2 days left of D1

cool. we can lynch hockey or ghacob.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 06, 2015, 03:01:04 pm »

Well, yeah, stop pushing this. Every question I answer for you makes it a balancing act for me not to reveal anything about my role, and there's very little benefit to it.

I was explaining why I found your reaction scummy.

And unless your role is "allowed to quote mod PMs" or "Can declare someone to be modkilled" none of this is about revealing your role.  Unless your role is scum.

Me trying to read you is absolutely a benefit to me.  And other people being able to read this and figure out if they find your thought process scummy or towny is helpful for town as a whole.

Show me where I'm pressing you about anything actually related to your role.  And I don't mean that as "explain your role".  This whole conversation has been completely unrelated to the specifics of any role as far as I can tell.  And you're being weirdly defensive about it.

Mostly in the form of accusing people who push you.  It's scummy.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 06, 2015, 03:03:51 pm »

Like the next post after Mail-mi sheeps me on this, you feel the need to claim not-rolefishing would have got you or someone else modkilled again.

Anyone else want to join me on Faust?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 06, 2015, 03:06:27 pm »

Like the next post after Mail-mi sheeps me on this, you feel the need to claim not-rolefishing would have got you or someone else modkilled again.

Anyone else want to join me on Faust?

nah. faust has caused more correct day 1 lynches recently than anyone else - it's always good to leave him alive at least for a while. if townies start dying, then it's time to look at faust.

I also don't really get scum feels from him so far - and I don't think he's that hard to find out as scum.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 06, 2015, 03:08:26 pm »

Of the "leading wagons" I'm definitely leaning XP over Krieger.  And yeah we need to settle down onto a majority lynch in the next 2 days so we can make people take a firm stance on lynches that aren't their top preference.  But neither of these wagons is that big yet, and Faust is my preferred lynch.  But I'll be happy to switch tomorrow if no one agrees with me.

Thoughts from anyone else who hasn't chimed in on Faust?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 06, 2015, 03:22:55 pm »

Well, was there any game as of late where part about alignment were differently formulated for player of the same alignment? Especcialy from ash?

Why chairs getting off such easily?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 06, 2015, 03:24:52 pm »

Faust behavior is weird, I have to agree with UoS here

Ghacob as scummy as hell, but after Hearthstone mafia I would be more suspicious would he be towny

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 06, 2015, 03:25:30 pm »

"A pony is a small horse" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pony

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 06, 2015, 03:30:14 pm »

Well, was there any game as of late where part about alignment were differently formulated for player of the same alignment? Especcialy from ash?

Why chairs getting off such easily?
I feel like any of the non-vanilla roles could say something like "you are the survivor-aligned ____". 

This line of questioning is the opposite of productive.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 06, 2015, 03:31:47 pm »

please. there are ponies and there are ponies. these are as different as graphs and graphs are for mathematicians and informatics. and if it's used in context with me, it's clear which of the two is meant, otherwise it's just needlessly confusing.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 06, 2015, 03:37:35 pm »

Why is Faust so weird?  He seems normal.  And getting interactions.  Wouldn't lynch today.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 06, 2015, 03:38:42 pm »

So your type of ponies are not ponies?

I assumed it was more of a subset relationship.  Anyway, I'm not going to let it prevent me from making horse puns in the future.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 06, 2015, 03:40:50 pm »

please. there are ponies and there are ponies. these are as different as graphs and graphs are for mathematicians and informatics. and if it's used in context with me, it's clear which of the two is meant, otherwise it's just needlessly confusing.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 06, 2015, 03:41:05 pm »

Uhm...

that was much smaller on my computer screen.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 06, 2015, 03:59:02 pm »

So your type of ponies are not ponies?

indeed not. if that was the case, it would imply that every piece of erotic art about MLP (of which there is an unbelievable amount out there) is sodomy... that would be weird.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 79  All

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 17 queries.