Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 92  All

Author Topic: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (Town Wins!)  (Read 192550 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D3!)
« Reply #2000 on: April 04, 2015, 06:06:31 am »

And I'd seriously doubt I could see a factional kill as a role action, to boot.

You "doubt"? Man, that is a really obvious scumslip. No way town!ashersky wouldn't have asked about this as soon as he read his role PM.

When you start making scum slip arguments, I know you are desperate.

Also, mod!arch wouldn't answer that question.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: April 04, 2015, 06:14:22 am »

And I'd seriously doubt I could see a factional kill as a role action, to boot.

You "doubt"? Man, that is a really obvious scumslip. No way town!ashersky wouldn't have asked about this as soon as he read his role PM.

When you start making scum slip arguments, I know you are desperate.

Also, mod!arch wouldn't answer that question.

He did answer when I asked him whether I could see scum attacks  ::)

You're the one who's desperate.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D1!)
« Reply #2002 on: April 04, 2015, 06:17:30 am »

I'm a blind follower.  Basically a rolecop but I only get type of power performed (I.e., investigative, protective, etc.)

Sorry, it's the weekend, haven't been around.  I'm glad we're actually doing this.

This is the claim. Nowhere you say that you only get one action.

A month has passed since then.  Possibly it could be in your best interest to read the posts that may have been posted since then.

Just point out where you said it, and why you kept it hidden at first.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: April 04, 2015, 07:35:06 am »

I don't take orders from scum.

(FYI -- your scum tells are strong at this point.  Time to mix it up on purpose.  You've been playing here long enough that it's come around to haunt you.  Happened to all of us at one point.)
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: April 04, 2015, 12:12:42 pm »

Not much activity today, eh?

Deadline is Tuesday morning. So not a lot of time there, especially considering that Monday is actually a holiday for some of us. These last series of posts should hopefully finish ash, so it's time to think night actions.

Ichi: If we lynch, it's down to two players you can choose, right? I think that's too dangerous (see: today). In my opinion, you should do nothing. But: I might want to check so. So... you could just target chairs, he's going to die anyway? That seems like a good choice.
silver: Blocking may be crucial. But you can only block on 2 people, that's not very impressive. The right choice might make a big difference still. I think with ash gone we're 1/1 on the scum team, so we might actually direct who you block publicly in case you die. But it's probably still better not to.
e: Your main task is to try and stay alive. Or at least attract scum's attack. So choose at will.
chairs: Man, you're going to die. It would be nice if you could collect your thoughts post-lynch and send a reads list to someone you think will stay alive. Only if you've got the time of course.
me: I'm not sure there's much more to be done with my role. What I want to do most I think is check WW. So it would be cool if his target was publicly announced.
WW: This leaves the question, who's the best target? We already have e and silver, so the next best thing would be Ichi I guess? Awaclus is the only other reasonable target, but his play suggests he's town.
Awaclus: I'll be doing some targeting. Since I may be a scum target, it may be good for you to steal my result. But then you could be in the center of scum's attention. I think you should do something equivalent to flipping a die here... think about how likely scum is targetting me, and then do something according to that.
Joseph: I'm not sure we want another poisoning... then again, we might. Can we decide on a target? Ichi? silver? WW? Awaclus?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: April 04, 2015, 01:56:59 pm »

I believe Ichi is voting for me only because either he's scum or he wants to be right so much that he ignores all the facts, so no argument I can make will change his opinion.
Um neither. The latter is just WW putting words in my mouth. There is a non-zero chance of me changing my opinion about you. I don't think the argumentation between you and Ash comes out looking conclusive for either of you.

I'm fine with targeting chairs tonight, as you are correct that my power does get less useful now that it's likely getting bumped down to only 2 lynch targets. And if we end up lynching scum today (are you thinking Ash is Hydrad's partner?), the benefit is even less while the drawbacks are greater.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: April 04, 2015, 03:59:43 pm »

I can't understand why anyone thinks Faust is scum.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: April 04, 2015, 08:11:52 pm »

Really? Try getting tunneled by him the entire game.

But seriously. He worked so hard to keep Joseph alive and is now saying that we're probably in mylo because of it. He responded to that point I made by making a really underhanded redirection saying that I'm at fault as well under the assumption we aren't going to lynch any of my preferred targets today. I still fail to see why it was such an incredibly good idea to not lynch Joseph yesterday and let him poison 2 people. faust said that only "ignorant folk" were the ones who wanted to lynch Joseph, yet he is now acting as if that same choice has put us into mylo. He can't argue that it's a good idea to let Joseph live and kill more people and then blame him for putting us into mylo.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: April 04, 2015, 08:21:32 pm »

Really? Try getting tunneled by him the entire game.

I've done that before.  Also, in this game.

But seriously. He worked so hard to keep Joseph alive and is now saying that we're probably in mylo because of it. He responded to that point I made by making a really underhanded redirection saying that I'm at fault as well under the assumption we aren't going to lynch any of my preferred targets today. I still fail to see why it was such an incredibly good idea to not lynch Joseph yesterday and let him poison 2 people. faust said that only "ignorant folk" were the ones who wanted to lynch Joseph, yet he is now acting as if that same choice has put us into mylo. He can't argue that it's a good idea to let Joseph live and kill more people and then blame him for putting us into mylo.

His arguments for Joseph being town have been sound.  I really don't understand your point.  How is Faust saying that Joseph is town and saying that we're in MyLo any evidence of scumminess?

Your argument here does not seem to have anything to do with Mafia.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: April 04, 2015, 08:26:12 pm »

What do you mean?

Was leaving Joseph alive yesterday a good idea or not?
It can't have been a very good idea if faust is making doomsday pronouncements about mylo because of the 2 people Joseph supposedly poisoned. I brought up the idea of having Joseph not use his power, which faust aknowledged at the time--and then everyone just ignored it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: April 04, 2015, 08:28:07 pm »

Eh

Vote: Silverspawn

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: April 04, 2015, 08:31:42 pm »

What do you mean?

It can't have been a very good idea if faust is making doomsday pronouncements about mylo because of the 2 people Joseph supposedly poisoned. I brought up the idea of having Joseph not use his power, which faust aknowledged at the time--and then everyone just ignored it.

This is what I mean about you being rhetoric.  Doomsday pronouncements?  What are you even talking about?  That we're at MyLo is just a fact.  I don't see a point anywhere in here or how it has anything to do with Faust being scum.  Are you saying they're both scum?  Or that scum!Faust was so confident in Joseph's ability to pick wrong targets?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: April 04, 2015, 08:35:32 pm »

Eh

Vote: Silverspawn

This is the right move I think.  I'm not confident enough in Ash being scum to get gungho about lynching him.  Silverspawn is a good option for Hydrad's partner, his vote on Faust was weird, and if he is town this makes him an IC.

Another option is e.  Well, we have the IC thing there was well, but if e turns out scum we have an explanation for town!(Faust U Ash U Joseph).  Also, I'm bothered by him not really considering the question of how the three of them could be town together without me asking it. 

But then again, scum!e could just join the easy Faust/Ash/Joseph wagon instead of opting to lynch outside of it.  So there's that. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: April 04, 2015, 08:40:35 pm »

Ichi, what happens if your target has already been attacked?  If we don't lynch your set, they just die?  If we do, is the attacked neutralized?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: April 04, 2015, 10:36:23 pm »

What do you mean?

This is what I mean about you being rhetoric.  Doomsday pronouncements?  What are you even talking about?  That we're at MyLo is just a fact.  I don't see a point anywhere in here or how it has anything to do with Faust being scum.  Are you saying they're both scum?  Or that scum!Faust was so confident in Joseph's ability to pick wrong targets?
Wait, so there's now no doubt that we're in mylo? I mean, is there 0 chance of e and/or chairs being scum or something else happening or being wrong?

I'm saying, it was a bad idea of faust's to defend Joseph. I can see scum!faust defending town!Joseph because he knows Joseph is more likely to hit town. I'm confused why you're confused about what I'm saying.

If we're in mylo, why is that? Because of Joseph not being lynched yesterday and him using his power (assuming he's telling the truth about it). Prior to today, everyone seemed to think it was the greatest idea ever to have Joseph poison people, yet now we're likely in mylo because of it. That's what I'm taking issue with. faust was someone who defended Joseph very heavily and encouraged (or at least didn't discourage) him from using his power--which is bad, and scummy, and why we are where we supposedly are now.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: April 04, 2015, 10:46:39 pm »

Huh, I missed some words..  That should have said "that we might be in MyLo". 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: April 04, 2015, 10:49:48 pm »

If town!Faust thinks Joseph is town, it's not a bad idea to defend him.  Joseph can hit town, but that's what you're faced with with a vig type role.

Though, for what it's worth, I'm not excited about Joseph using his role.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: April 04, 2015, 10:54:51 pm »

I'm not really seeing the narrative at all for town!faust to defend town!Joseph and e (and faust?) to encourage him to use his role. When did people get the idea that vig was such a great role that should be used all the time? or in Joseph's case a temporary double-vig, which is potentially even more harmful.

Who was the one that told us it would be amazing for Joseph to use his role? I recall e saying it, faust as well. I strongly opposed the idea at the time, as did Ashersky. Yeah, I still don't feel good about faust at all. Town could (and can) clearly see that Joseph poisoning two people--and then claiming those people in the thread so scum can potentially maximize their attacks and/or keep themselves from dying is a terrible, terrible idea.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: April 04, 2015, 11:00:36 pm »

It probably shouldn't be used all the time.  The narrative is simple---Faust thinks he's town because scum!Joseph doesn't make much sense.  Read through Day 1/2.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: April 04, 2015, 11:03:24 pm »

But this is the general thing with vigs.  They choose well, its awesome.  They choose poorly, it sucks.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: April 04, 2015, 11:04:08 pm »

Did you answer my question on your role?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: April 04, 2015, 11:06:41 pm »

But this is the general thing with vigs.  They choose well, its awesome.  They choose poorly, it sucks.
Yeah. faust tried to turn it into some emotional argument about us criticizing Joseph's reads and not "giving him a chance" or whatever, but that's not what it's about. Simply, he was more likely to hit town then scum given random targets. Him having two poisons last night changes the potential drawbacks drastically as well.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: April 04, 2015, 11:08:27 pm »

Yeah. faust tried to turn it into some emotional argument about us criticizing Joseph's reads and not "giving him a chance" or whatever, but that's not what it's about. Simply, he was more likely to hit town then scum given random targets. Him having two poisons last night changes the potential drawbacks drastically as well.

I don't really see that (about Faust turning it into an emotional argument).

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: April 05, 2015, 12:02:54 am »

Did you answer my question on your role?
Ash already asked it. I haven't asked the mod about it yet though. My intuition is that they will not die just because of me, but I am not 100% positive.

I sent him the PM just now. Will let you know what his response is.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: April 05, 2015, 12:06:11 am »

I can answer your second question definitively though. My power does not remove existing attacks on someone. So if my protection target has already been attacked once, and one of my lynch choices procs, my protection target will be immune to all attacks for that night; however, the next night, 1 attack will still kill them (assuming I didn't protect them again).
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 92  All

Page created in 1.971 seconds with 16 queries.