Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 92  All

Author Topic: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (Town Wins!)  (Read 192540 times)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D1!)
« Reply #250 on: March 09, 2015, 03:52:43 pm »

It's important for people to remember we have two scumteams here. I think faust is scum--and ADK not responding with any explanation for his vote on me feels bad also. It's also totally possible that some of the people jumping on the faust wagon are opportunistic scum from the opposite team though.

I just wanted to put this out here since I can feel myself having to break away from the one-team scumhunting logic that I'm used to.

This sets off scum alarms.
Um why? My thought process was something like "faust is super scummy and now Awaclus is voting him so that makes me feel townier about Awaclus." And then SS posted and I remembered that my logic for Awaclus didn't really work because of the multiball.

Please don't tell me this is just because I read the setup.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 09, 2015, 03:54:38 pm »

Ichi's whole post feels like total OMGUS to me, and seems like scum worried about the lynch pool getting too narrow. I agree with a lot of faust's analysis, though I don't think we should be lynching people based solely on how scummy their role is. People's reactions, though, are telling.
Well this is just ludicrous. Yes it's OMGUS to a degree--but faust's behavior has been legitimately troubling and scummy. Why should I be bullied out of voting for him just because he voted me first? Scared about the lynch pool getting too narrow? Where did you get that from? If anything, it looks to me like faust did some "analysis" and laid down some ground rules and then just completely ignored them. Then you jumped my wagon because you thought you could get away with it and are now scrambling to invent reasons why you voted me.

I think you're scum btw.

PPE: 1

I think a lot of faust's analysis is sound. I think that your reaction to him voting for you was extremely overblown. And I think the fact that you're extending the OMGUS to me isn't doing you any favors.

PPE: WW, that's true, but the fact that he reacted so strongly to one vote on him is definitely raising my suspicions.

PPPE: I definitely have a town read on faust.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 09, 2015, 03:55:07 pm »

Because when I played scum in a game where I believed there were two scum teams (Monster's U) I felt so much pressure to point it out.

But, eh, different situation here, so take it with a grain of salt.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 09, 2015, 03:56:01 pm »

@ADK have we played together before?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 09, 2015, 04:03:40 pm »

Yeah. Your read on me is so forced.

You said you thought "a lot" of faust's analysis was sound? Were there some parts you didn't agree with?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 09, 2015, 04:09:33 pm »

To quote faust from Yoshi's island

"Your silence is giving you away."

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 09, 2015, 04:11:53 pm »

I actually agree that ADK sounds a bit forced here.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 09, 2015, 04:16:35 pm »

I'm going to switch to vote: ADK.

It's pretty normal for me to disagree with faust and him to find me scummy for something I don't get (like in Dice Mafia).

ADK's vote and explanation look and feel terrible though. And now he's gone. He could have left for some irl reason. But I know when things get heated and I'm scum, I sometimes will stop posting for a while and just hope it blows over.

WW and SS are my biggest townreads.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 09, 2015, 04:20:16 pm »

I think "heated" is a bit of an exaggeration.  You don't sound all that unforced yourself.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 09, 2015, 04:24:48 pm »

I think "heated" is a bit of an exaggeration.  You don't sound all that unforced yourself.
That double negative is slightly confusing me. I'm excited because I feel like I've caught scum.

What, you think I don't think ADK is actually scummy?

I've been scum a lot recently, and now I'm town. I feel like an IC. I feel invincible. I don't know, maybe I'm just having a good day.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 09, 2015, 04:26:41 pm »

It feels a bit like you're trying to blow this into a "fight" when there really isn't much fighting going on. 

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 09, 2015, 04:31:01 pm »

It feels a bit like you're trying to blow this into a "fight" when there really isn't much fighting going on.
Ok. That's probably true. But that's mostly because ADK isn't around right now. I feel like he left before I could draw him into explaining himself more. I mean, he's said his peace--it doesn't hold up (to me at least), so he's hoping that we just forget about it. I'm not going to though.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 09, 2015, 05:18:19 pm »

I agree completely with ichi. Faust's analysis looked insincere and manipulative. I don't know if that reflects well on Awalcus though.

vote: Faust

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 09, 2015, 05:33:32 pm »

Tons of interesting arguments here, I'm leaning town on Faust, neutral on IG (I feel like this is something he could have manufactured, but it doesn't feel like he's forcing it).  I'm feeling a little vote: awaclus out of it.

One thing we should probably keep in mind for D1 is that, all else being equal, we might want to consider providing a slight preference to lynching folks with extremely high scum utility powers.  Also, if I were scum, having heard our plan, I think I'd be gunning for XP tonight - how can we make sure that we nix that kill, or at least get the best value out of any attempt on XP?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #264 on: March 09, 2015, 05:41:51 pm »

I like vote: faust more. I also feel like faust made my role sound scummier than it actually is (ignoring the possibility that scum might have investigative powers), and Ichi's points are good too.

no... this feels dishonest

vote: Awaclus

It's not.

of course scum!you would claim that it's not, making it a rather redundant statement, not unlike this one

Town!me would also claim that it's not (and actually did, too). And it would be a lie from both scum!me and town!me. I'm not very honest as either alignment, tbh, as has been apparent in some recent games where I was town, so that's not really the best kind of argument to use against me. Instead, does the post feel like it was written from the perspective I would have as scum? I'm pretty sure it shouldn't, because it's not.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2015, 05:42:49 pm »

that is problematic. we don't have any sort of watcher or doctor - the closest thing is the blackmailing power, which is delayed. I don't see any way to protect our strong PR's

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2015, 05:43:22 pm »

I like vote: faust more. I also feel like faust made my role sound scummier than it actually is (ignoring the possibility that scum might have investigative powers), and Ichi's points are good too.

It's not.

of course scum!you would claim that it's not, making it a rather redundant statement, not unlike this one

Town!me would also claim that it's not (and actually did, too). And it would be a lie from both scum!me and town!me. I'm not very honest as either alignment, tbh, as has been apparent in some recent games where I was town, so that's not really the best kind of argument to use against me. Instead, does the post feel like it was written from the perspective I would have as scum? I'm pretty sure it shouldn't, because it's not.

urg

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2015, 06:03:02 pm »

Yeah. Your read on me is so forced.

You said you thought "a lot" of faust's analysis was sound? Were there some parts you didn't agree with?

I think he underestimates the scum utility of ash's role, for starters. It could be useful for finding the other scum team.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2015, 06:03:25 pm »

To quote faust from Yoshi's island

"Your silence is giving you away."

I was away from the computer. My entire life does not revolve around mafia.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2015, 06:04:02 pm »

That double negative is slightly confusing me. I'm excited because I feel like I've caught scum.

What, you think I don't think ADK is actually scummy?

I've been scum a lot recently, and now I'm town. I feel like an IC. I feel invincible. I don't know, maybe I'm just having a good day.

Your reads seem pretty terrible to me.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 09, 2015, 06:05:14 pm »

Tons of interesting arguments here, I'm leaning town on Faust, neutral on IG (I feel like this is something he could have manufactured, but it doesn't feel like he's forcing it).  I'm feeling a little vote: awaclus out of it.

One thing we should probably keep in mind for D1 is that, all else being equal, we might want to consider providing a slight preference to lynching folks with extremely high scum utility powers.  Also, if I were scum, having heard our plan, I think I'd be gunning for XP tonight - how can we make sure that we nix that kill, or at least get the best value out of any attempt on XP?

I do get a bit of a scum read on chairs from this. It's very hedgey and non-confrontational.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 09, 2015, 06:06:10 pm »

Players with low town utility, but high scum utility should be lynched or at least be given orders for what to do each night.

I'll be working on a plan for tonight. Vote: Ichi for now.

So what's your motivation/reasoning for voting someone in the middle of the town/scum utility spectrum?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 09, 2015, 06:06:44 pm »

It's not.

This feels bad to me. I don't like people who are overly aware of their own meta, especially pointing it out.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 09, 2015, 06:08:26 pm »

This feels bad to me. I don't like people who are overly aware of their own meta, especially pointing it out.

I've seen a lot of town players that are very meta-aware.  I think it's more of an individual trait than an alignment trait.  If I recall, you've used that kind of reasoning to push lynches against town!me before.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 09, 2015, 06:10:30 pm »

@ADK have we played together before?

You mean like in Yoshi's Island, when you reacted very emotionally to people voting for you, and were scum? Or in Silo, when you reacted very emotionally to people voting for you, and were scum? Or in Stack the Deck, when you reacted very emotionally to people voting for you, and were scum? Yeah, you've done it as town, but here it just feels kind of forced, and I don't get faust as a target for it at all.

PPE: @WW I suppose. It doesn't mean I have to like it. Especially since he's giving himself an excuse to be dishonest.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 92  All

Page created in 2.045 seconds with 16 queries.