Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18  All

Author Topic: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 43142 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2015, 06:13:24 pm »

Jimmmmm - Scummy. Asking to test Teproc's power seems unnecessary. So what if it is real? We'll know if he uses it anyway.

I didn't ask to test it, I asked if it was worth testing. What does scum gain by asking?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2015, 06:15:47 pm »

Jimmmmm - Scummy. Asking to test Teproc's power seems unnecessary. So what if it is real? We'll know if he uses it anyway.

I didn't ask to test it, I asked if it was worth testing. What does scum gain by asking?
Probably nothing. None of my reads are major, just things I noticed. And, yes, I think I misread your original question which drops you down to null.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2015, 06:23:43 pm »

Probably nothing. None of my reads are major, just things I noticed. And, yes, I think I misread your original question which drops you down to null.

Hooray!

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2015, 06:34:40 pm »

Pit, if your vote wasn't serious, why are you keeping it there?
Why should i change it? If he would be at L-1 for some reason that i don't agree with or if i find someone scummy enough to vote for him i will change my vote, but for now it's just fine.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2015, 06:46:48 pm »

I'm, like 90% convinced Archetype is town. He's putting himself out there on this, his position isn't particularly popular but it's well-argued... yeah, I don't see him being town.

You are wrong though. Well maybe I shouldn't have claimed, but I believe the town cred (if believed) is worth much more than anything the actual power could be used for.

I would still like an answer to that question littleB : do you think I'm town ? You can say whatever you want, but I'd like for you to take some kind of stance on the subject.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2015, 06:47:18 pm »

"I don't see him being scum", is what that should say.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2015, 06:58:42 pm »

Why should i change it? If he would be at L-1 for some reason that i don't agree with or if i find someone scummy enough to vote for him i will change my vote, but for now it's just fine.

This.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2015, 07:01:54 pm »

This.

I disagree. I don't think your vote should ever be on anyone if you don't mean it, it just makes the game harder to read. Right now I'm really at one vote, but it looks like I'm at two. If I get wagonned, I might getto L-2 at a point when I'd really be at L-3.

What's the upside in leaving your vote exactly ? Well I know it's not yours but you seem to agree with pit.

Also, what was that about Hydrad scumslipping ? RVS ?

littleB

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2015, 07:06:12 pm »

It might be due to me being new to the game, but you seem a quite open about yorself, clarifying why you act like you do. So since you're putting so much effort into convincing other's you're a towny and it's being quite convincing.. I'll just go with you're a scum cuz you're most likely just playing with our minds lol

also: is there any way to bypass the insane amount of varifications before posting?

"2 new posts since i wrote this post"
so now i have to write
PPE 2 ?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2015, 07:13:57 pm »

Alright.

vote: Awaclus

Scum's gut reaction to claims is always, always to believe them, because :
1) They know, pretty much, that they're true
2) They're afraid of going against the current, and because they know the claim is true, they assume everyone will believe it, especially in this context of super early game

Not only that, but he jumped on the occasion to go after Arch as soon as he took a contrary position, using "This case feels insincere" as a reason which, sure, that's a reason town is going to use, but I really see nothing insincere about Arch's case at all.

Oh, and littleB's answer seems townie to me.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2015, 07:14:32 pm »

This.

I disagree. I don't think your vote should ever be on anyone if you don't mean it, it just makes the game harder to read. Right now I'm really at one vote, but it looks like I'm at two. If I get wagonned, I might getto L-2 at a point when I'd really be at L-3.

So what? I'd rather you get to L-2 than L-3. If my vote was sitting on you all the way through to a lynch then yeah I have to own that. But otherwise, earlyish on Day 1, it's not a major issue.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2015, 07:15:40 pm »

This is what I forgot to mention about why I claimed by the way Arch : it bypasses RVS, which is awesome.

PPE : not major sure, but you felt strongly enough about it to feel the need to defend him. What gives ?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2015, 07:27:49 pm »

This is what I forgot to mention about why I claimed by the way Arch : it bypasses RVS, which is awesome.

PPE : not major sure, but you felt strongly enough about it to feel the need to defend him. What gives ?

Um, just remembering being strongly scrutinised for having my vote on someone who wasn't even a viable lynch because I hadn't seen a reason to change it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2015, 07:29:24 pm »

Oh right, Dune Mafia. Well it did end up hurting town there. I agree it's a minor point though.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2015, 07:34:25 pm »

It might be due to me being new to the game, but you seem a quite open about yorself, clarifying why you act like you do. So since you're putting so much effort into convincing other's you're a towny and it's being quite convincing.. I'll just go with you're a scum cuz you're most likely just playing with our minds lol

also: is there any way to bypass the insane amount of varifications before posting?

"2 new posts since i wrote this post"
so now i have to write
PPE 2 ?

Ya you got it. And ya I had the same feeling when everyone was using terms I didn't understand. I'll try and give a quick rundown of some commenly used ones.

L-1 or L-2 or that kinda idea: This basically means they are (L-1) One vote away from being lynched. L-2 means 2 votes away.

RVS: This is basically the random voting stage. It usually happens at the beginning of the game because there is nothing to go off of so people just randomly vote until something happens that you can actually state your opinions on and then we try to find scum. This game isn't having as much of it luckily as teproc claimed right away so we already have something to discuss.

WIFOM: I suck at explaining it so i'm going to use a example that might help. Like when someone says they are going to use rock next in rock paper scissors. It makes you think oh is he going to use rock? or does he just want me to think hes going to use rock. This explanation might be poorly described but i think its close.

Thats what i can think of now. Hopefully this helped
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2015, 07:37:32 pm »

also I may of not even needed to post that... I may of misunderstood what you were asking.

If so ignore that post.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

CalignoBot

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2015, 09:20:13 pm »

Hi, I'm here.

I'll post stuff soonish. Gotta parse stuff first.
oh

CalignoBot

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2015, 09:57:46 pm »

Alright.

I'm a Town Protector

During the day, I can type protect : CalignoBot (or whomever) and that player becomes loved, meaning you'd need one more vote to lynch them. It's like a vote, in that I can change it whenever I want, I can even not protect at all. I can do it on myself, but if I do I lose my power at the start of the next day.

Thoughts ?

I am inclined to townread this. At minimum, I'm not going to support a wagon on this slot on day 1 without a significant amount of evidence for him being anti-town. There's not a whole lot of reason for scum to openly state this when they could just keep that claim in the background and sneak that in when one of their 'town reads' gets close to being lynched.

Plus it brings attention to him early on and makes him a big focus in the early game. There's a lot more to lose than gain as scum by doing this.

Alright.

I'm a Town Protector

During the day, I can type protect : CalignoBot (or whomever) and that player becomes loved, meaning you'd need one more vote to lynch them. It's like a vote, in that I can change it whenever I want, I can even not protect at all. I can do it on myself, but if I do I lose my power at the start of the next day.

Thoughts ?

Can you use it at LyLo? Sounds pretty OP if you can.

Not really. Well it's good if I have perfect reads, but that's pretty conditional. I also need to be alive by then, which is not super likely either.

So you can? I would think that targeting yourself is pretty good since it gives the other townies a good chance to hit scum that day (well, unless Pit is right). And especially if you're actually scum, it's pretty OP at LyLo.

On the other hand, I don't like this post. The logic doesn't make very much sense and this type of thinking doesn't look town-motivated in the first place. Telling someone to use an ability on themselves that makes them harder to kill and then focusing on the scum side in the last line feels like it was a calculated response.

---

Teproc's indication of how the role works makes me think even more that it was town-motivated to claim. Something that's misleading as that would be better to keep hidden and try to pass off as a governor role later if he had to use it as scum.

Also, were other town players also given a personal QT? Does anyone know if those are for anything special? Mine doesn't seem to have a specific purpose.

This post is pinging me slightly, mainly the way he stated town players. Reads like a subtle attempt to influence reads on him before he goes into the spotlight.

Archetype (#39): We got the same indication with opposite results. Can you go into more detail for me here please?

Teproc (#40): What's your experience with mafia up to this point?

Archetype (#49): Scratch the last question. Leaning town on this explanation.

I'm leaning slight town on LittleB up to about mid-page 3.

Jimmmmm's post calling out Hydrad and then completely switching gears to ask a passive question a few posts later pings. His posts at the top of page 4 are decaying my read further.

Yeah, littleB is town. The explanation for the Awaclus vote is dripping newtown.
oh

CalignoBot

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2015, 09:58:13 pm »

Vote: Jimmmmmm
oh

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2015, 10:08:30 pm »

Jimmmmm's post calling out Hydrad and then completely switching gears to ask a passive question a few posts later pings. His posts at the top of page 4 are decaying my read further.

Pings of what exactly?

CalignoBot

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2015, 10:11:49 pm »

Scum pings.

It's jarring to come out with such an aggressive post and then start being passive directly afterwards.
oh

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2015, 10:18:52 pm »

Scum pings.

It's jarring to come out with such an aggressive post and then start being passive directly afterwards.

I think aggressive and passive are oversimplifications. I'm also very good at not being jarring when I'm scum.

CalignoBot

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2015, 11:46:23 pm »

Then why did you completely ignore the people who asked you to elaborate and move on to other things?
oh

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2015, 01:02:53 am »

This.

What's the upside in leaving your vote exactly ? Well I know it's not yours but you seem to agree with pit.

I do mean my vote. It was just random at first, but you are my "#1 scum-read" right now (even if it still is a weak read) and i think the vote is a good way of indicating that to the other players. What i meant was that i wouldn't want you to be lynched right now, beacuse 1. My read isn't strong enough right now to justify lynching you and 2. the day has just started and not too much happend so far (-> we would start day2 with almost no information if we lynch you right now).

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2015, 03:46:53 am »

Vote Count 1.3

Teproc (2): Pit, Archetype
Archetype (2): Awaclus, A Drowned Kernel
Hydrad (1): Jimmmmm
Awaclus (2): littleB, Teproc
Jimmmmm (1): CalignoBot

Not Voting (1): Hydrad

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends at 6. Feb, 6 AM Forum time
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.