Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35  All

Author Topic: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended  (Read 91359 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended
« Reply #825 on: January 15, 2015, 07:09:36 am »

Just wondering anyone have any ideas for what questions I could ask as the oracle? I spent a decent amount of time thinking about it but couldn't really think of a question that would help us out. I'm wondering if you guys had some ideas.

The first one that comes to mind would be "how many scum factions are there ?"
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 15, 2015, 07:09:48 am »

The idea that we had multiple scum factions really made my plan harder to pull off...

Faust, were you laughing your head off at me?

Pretty much. I was quite happy that you got Desmond - it was a role that had lots of potential, and it was nice to see it in the hands of an experienced player who's also willing to take risks. "Blow everyone up" was a cool thought. I never thought you could convince so many players to follow the plan.

I wondered why you weren't afraid of being roleblocked or something. There was just so much that could go wrong.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 15, 2015, 07:10:16 am »

I wonder if Survivor counts as a scum faction in that case by the way.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 15, 2015, 07:12:44 am »

Just wondering anyone have any ideas for what questions I could ask as the oracle? I spent a decent amount of time thinking about it but couldn't really think of a question that would help us out. I'm wondering if you guys had some ideas.

Well, there's questions like "is role XY in this setup?" which can help discover fakeclaims and also create ICs.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 15, 2015, 07:13:15 am »

Is there more than one anti-town faction?
Is there a survivor?
Is there a godfather?

Etc.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 15, 2015, 07:14:29 am »

Oh right it's yes/no, I'm dumb. ash's forumation is better, though I would have assumed a minimum of two scum factions and gone "Are there more than two scum factions ?"

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 15, 2015, 07:16:33 am »

The idea that we had multiple scum factions really made my plan harder to pull off...

Faust, were you laughing your head off at me?

Pretty much. I was quite happy that you got Desmond - it was a role that had lots of potential, and it was nice to see it in the hands of an experienced player who's also willing to take risks. "Blow everyone up" was a cool thought. I never thought you could convince so many players to follow the plan.

I wondered why you weren't afraid of being roleblocked or something. There was just so much that could go wrong.

To me, roleblocking wasn't so bad.  At least no one dies (from my action),
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 15, 2015, 07:16:55 am »

Oh right it's yes/no, I'm dumb. ash's forumation is better, though I would have assumed a minimum of two scum factions and gone "Are there more than two scum factions ?"

Ya this was one I was considering. But then I thought even if we know there is 3 does that really help town a ton? if anything it almost feels like it helps scum know that there are other teams.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 15, 2015, 08:27:41 am »

Quite the setup - Faust, you did a great job.  I wasn't even playing, and am hugely disappointed that the entire community won't get to see this unfold.

Probably deserves a second nomination, for Best Setup.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 15, 2015, 10:26:23 am »

So why did Teproc show gun wounds in his flavor if I flipped the Switch?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 15, 2015, 10:43:28 am »

It also seemed like Reinoe was genuinely convinced that TA was scum, which I don't understand at all.  TA did just about nothing that is truly indicative of scum.  (And, he wasn't.)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 15, 2015, 10:45:37 am »

Part of what made me think that Reinoe might be scum was that his tunneling of TA began to feel fabricated.. like he had committed himself to having a scum read on TA and just felt he had to push it.  It reminded me a bit of Ash v Andrew in Wheel of Time.    (And I had thought about posting something very similar to what Ash did where Ash voted for Reinoe, but I decided to hold off and observe more.)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 15, 2015, 02:39:38 pm »

faust Would you share what the dreaming god powers were going to be, and under what circumstances Jacob would lose control of the Island?

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 15, 2015, 02:46:10 pm »

"Is ash's plan going to kill us all?"

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 15, 2015, 02:54:04 pm »

If you're on Ash's team and Ash proposes a plan, it's reasonable to assume that the plan will result in you getting deaded.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: January 15, 2015, 02:56:38 pm »

If you're on Ash's team and Ash proposes a plan, it's reasonable to assume that the plan will result in you getting deaded.

He said everyone would upgrade, I don't see where he lied, you're going to speccy heaven !

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 15, 2015, 03:00:14 pm »

Also, I don't think you got killed by three factions, Teproc.  ADK applied a Ninja mod to the Others' factional kill.  Also, my ability should have prevented you getting shot, because it prevents gun flavor abilities from working.  I'm still not sure why you had a bullet wound, though.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 15, 2015, 03:04:08 pm »

Oh and also, some criticism on me hammering Reinoe.. I don't really disagree, it wasn't a pro-town thing to do.  But I legitimately thought the game would be better if he wasn't in it, so I was willing to compromise our Day 1 (possibly play with a handicap of one less town) in order to have a better game over all.  I mean, the guy already caused TA to quit, and he was continuing to be a derisive jerk even when people pointed things out to him.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 15, 2015, 03:40:35 pm »

faust Would you share what the dreaming god powers were going to be, and under what circumstances Jacob would lose control of the Island?

Sure thing.

Dreaming God Powers:
Jacob will get to know what the power he chose does at the end of twilight. Any PMs, flavor texts or information for all players will also be given out then.

1. Leave the Island
Information for Jacob: Other players will have the option to give up all their night actions and instead Commute. If they do, they will be treestumped the following day.
PM for non-MiB-aligned players: In the middle of the night, you wake up and realize there's someone standing in your tent. The moonlight outside is bright enough for you to see the silhouette. Terrified, you realize it's [dead player's name]. He turns towards you and starts to speak: "This place is dangerous. I have come to offer you a way to leave. If you want to go, get on a boat and follow a compass bearing of 325°. If you do that exactly, you will be able to get away." You open your mouth to ask something, but after you blink, [dead player's name]'s black silhouette is gone.
Only tonight, you have the option to leave the island. If you do, you will commute this night: You will forfeit all night actions this night and all night actions targeting you will fail. You will also be treestumped the following day only, meaning you will be unable to vote and unable to be voted for.
If you wish to leave the island, please send a PM by the night action deadline.

2. The Candidate
Information for Jacob: Tongiht, you must target one player. A Daychat "Cave" QT will be opened for you and that player to talk in for the rest of the game. Your win condition changes to: You or the player you targeted must still be alive at the end of the game. If you die, the chosen player will inherit the remaining Dreaming God powers and MiB Immunity. If you choose an MiB-aligned player for this, the power fails and you will die.
PM for the target: Jacob has chosen you as his Candidate! You can talk to Jacob here for the rest of the game: [QT link]
Mod clarification: This targeting counts as "recruiting" in the night action resolution.

3. Uncork the Island
Information for Jacob: The island has been uncorked! You can feel the protection that it gives fade. The coming 24 hours will be difficult...
Mod clarification: This nullifies the following powers: Jacob's MiB immunity, Claire's 1-shot Deathproof, Hurley's Loved-ness, Sayid's 1-shot Lynchproof, Richard's Deathproof (including the Switch!)

4. Temple Springs
Information for Jacob: By your orders, [lynched player's name] will be brought to the Temple. This is an extreme measure, but you hope to be able to restore him the way he was.
PM for the Lynchee: As the bullet pierces your chest, you feel the life leaving your body. Is this the end...?
Public information at Day start: [Player name] has been brought back to life!
Mod clarification: Only flip the lynched player's flavor name, everything else should be redacted. If there is no lynch that day, the power will remain without effect.

5. Cabin Fever
Information for Jacob: Every other player will be told that they may send a 400 character or less message that will be sent to you in addition to whatever power(s) they would normally use that night, but not if they are pushing the button. They will not get to know your identity.
PM for the players: As you make your way through the jungle that night, you suddenly find an old wooden cabin. Has this been here before? At the door stands a man in a suit, with grey hair. Apparently he wants to talk to you.
Tonight, you may send in a message containing 400 or less characters. You are promised that this message will be delivered to Jacob. You may not send in a message if you choose to push the button.

6. Supply Drop
Information for Jacob: That Dharma supply chain is still working. After a couple of days on the island, the survivors are low on basically everything. Flying in a Dharma package should help them get along.
Mod clarification: This applies to Charlie, Sayid, Kate (gets another ignition), Claire (both Deathproof and PCO, NOT the UB), Jin (regains all original powers), Locke, Sun (gets one of each herb she doesn't have)

7. Spread the Ashes
Information for Jacob: The ashes have been spread! The Man in Black will not be able to cross the line and harm any players on the other side of the ashes.
Public information: Ashes have been spread! On one side of the ashes, there are [off-wagon players], while the rest remain on the opposite side.
Mod clarification: The players are divided into two groups: those who were on wagon and those who were off wagon. That night, the MiB can only target players on their side. Who is on which side with an accompanying "ashes surround" will be posted along with the lynched player's alignment flip (or lack their of) at the end of the day. It will also be told that "MiB aligned players can only target players on their side of the ashes".

8. Move the Island
Public information: The Island is skipping! All actions performed on the current night will resolve on Night 1 (Night 2 if this is chosen N1) instead. At the end of this night, Night 1 will be reevaluated according to the newly taken actions. All players will still count as taking their action during the current night. It is not possible for any player to return from the dead this way.

9. Voices of the Dead
Information for Jacob: All dead players may send a 300 character message to a player of their choice. The Mods reserve the right to redact these messages in whichever way they see fit. To prevent confusion, the actions cannot be Redirected, Investigated, or Blocked.
PM for the dead: Whispers, whispers in the jungle... maybe the living can hear you? It's worth a try.
You may send in a message containing 300 character or less the the mods. This message will be delivered to a living player of your choice. The mods reserve the right to redact the message in whichever way they see fit. You will be informed about any redactions.

10. To the Lighthouse
Public information: Each player may send in a list of player names (the list may be empty). You will be told "True" at the end of the night if all players on the list and no players not on the list targeted you this night and "False" otherwise.

Jacob jhas power was just a fancy way of saying Jacob is still alive.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 15, 2015, 03:58:25 pm »

8. Move the Island
Public information: The Island is skipping! All actions performed on the current night will resolve on Night 1 (Night 2 if this is chosen N1) instead. At the end of this night, Night 1 will be reevaluated according to the newly taken actions. All players will still count as taking their action during the current night. It is not possible for any player to return from the dead this way.

Waaaaaaaa...?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 15, 2015, 06:35:08 pm »

8. Move the Island

Waaaaaaaa...?

It's not the first time we've had crazy cross-Night activities.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 15, 2015, 07:11:32 pm »

Oh and also, some criticism on me hammering Reinoe.. I don't really disagree, it wasn't a pro-town thing to do.  But I legitimately thought the game would be better if he wasn't in it, so I was willing to compromise our Day 1 (possibly play with a handicap of one less town) in order to have a better game over all.  I mean, the guy already caused TA to quit, and he was continuing to be a derisive jerk even when people pointed things out to him.

You were right on, WW. Nothing wrong with that.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 15, 2015, 09:04:07 pm »

What?  chairs primed me?  Good thing I was 1-shot deathproof.

But really.  This setup and the roles and everything about it was amazing.  I was really excited about my SK role, especially possessing a player and performing their actions once they died.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 16, 2015, 12:11:16 am »

But really.  This setup and the roles and everything about it was amazing.  I was really excited about my SK role, especially possessing a player and performing their actions once they died.
you also got SK in guilds, didn't you? Maybe this starts a trend.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 16, 2015, 02:27:14 am »

you also got SK in guilds, didn't you? Maybe this starts a trend.

yeah.  I was playing this one much better than I did in guilds though.  That first time as SK I just went crazy.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35  All

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 16 queries.