Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35  All

Author Topic: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended  (Read 90564 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended
« Reply #775 on: January 14, 2015, 06:15:10 pm »

was jacob in control of the island? If so I was also deathproof so I wouldn't of died from the button.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 14, 2015, 06:19:57 pm »

Was the PM malicious or was he just clueless about what was ok and what wasn't? Judging by his last few posts he didn't seem terribly upset but seemed to think it was okay to out his partners.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 14, 2015, 06:21:17 pm »

Was the PM malicious or was he just clueless about what was ok and what wasn't? Judging by his last few posts he didn't seem terribly upset but seemed to think it was okay to out his partners.

The PM wasn't malicious. He just PM'd everyone the entire SCUM QT and it was titled An Apology for my behavior, or something to that extent.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 14, 2015, 06:21:50 pm »

Anyway, I'm pretty sure he knew what he was doing wasn't okay.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 14, 2015, 06:26:38 pm »

The PM wasn't malicious. He just PM'd everyone the entire SCUM QT and it was titled An Apology for my behavior, or something to that extent.

Weird.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: January 14, 2015, 06:30:30 pm »

faust says that reinoe was sending him threats and that he just ignored them. I guess reinoe acted upon his threats.

Did you follow the game. reinoe was acting pretty terrible and then told TA that he was going to be a dick towards him so Faust removed reinoe's voting privilage for an entire day. He gets lynched, claims he's scum and then says that scum was on his wagon. It was true, but most players did not believe him. I guess he was still upset about the game for some reason....because faust wouldn't allow him to vote an entire day?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 14, 2015, 06:32:16 pm »

I was only sort-of-following, but he had me fooled for sure... I thought he was town.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 14, 2015, 06:33:37 pm »

faust says that reinoe was sending him threats and that he just ignored them. I guess reinoe acted upon his threats.

Did you follow the game. reinoe was acting pretty terrible and then told TA that he was going to be a dick towards him so Faust removed reinoe's voting privilage for an entire day. He gets lynched, claims he's scum and then says that scum was on his wagon. It was true, but most players did not believe him. I guess he was still upset about the game for some reason....because faust wouldn't allow him to vote an entire day?

No I didn't, I just read his last few posts.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 14, 2015, 06:42:33 pm »

I thought he was saying the truth... but because he was also trying to find the second scum faction (which doesn't exist, if I understood correctly), the rambling was incoherent enough to just ignore it as WIFOM.

The revealed PRs are really awesome, by the way. It might be better to not share any more, maybe Faust can salvage them for his next game? Whenever he doesn't feel disenchanted with modding anymore, of course.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #784 on: January 14, 2015, 06:58:20 pm »

...Theory reads all of our PMs?
I've always assumed he does, just to keep an eye out for nefarious activity.  There may actually be liability issues in hosting a forum.
Sorry, let me clarify that.  I 100% cannot read PMs on this site unless someone reports it.  Teproc reported the PM to me, and upon reading it I banned reinoe.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 14, 2015, 07:00:47 pm »

I'm really sorry Faust, i feel that i had a small role in setting him off my basically disengaging immediately. Obviously the guy is a jerk.

I'm looking forward to reading the setup if you end up publishing it. It seemed awesome from what I've seen 

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 14, 2015, 07:01:17 pm »

You cannot, as in, it is physically impossible, or as in, you would get into trouble if you did?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 14, 2015, 07:03:17 pm »

You cannot, as in, it is physically impossible, or as in, you would get into trouble if you did?

He would get arrested by the Internet Police.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 14, 2015, 07:04:05 pm »

I'm really sorry Faust, i feel that i had a small role in setting him off my basically disengaging immediately. Obviously the guy is a jerk.

I'm looking forward to reading the setup if you end up publishing it. It seemed awesome from what I've seen
Really this is only the fault of one person and one person alone. No one is responsible for reinoe actions except himself.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #789 on: January 14, 2015, 07:04:22 pm »

Cannot as in physically impossible.  SMF is designed such that admins cannot view the PMs of their members.  In addition, SMF automatically rejects any mod that allows admins to do that.  I am not aware of any mod out there that would allow me to do so; I suppose I can't definitively rule out that possibility, but I promise that I never have or will install it.

If a PM is objectionable, you can report it and I will see it.  Otherwise I honestly could not care less what you guys PM each other.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 14, 2015, 07:07:26 pm »

Phew, so the naked pictures of myself I sent to silver stay safe.

zoraster

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 14, 2015, 07:18:42 pm »

The admins of Mafiascum have just been made aware of this situation. On behalf of Mafiascum, I'd like to apologize for reinoe. This kind of action would never be tolerated on Mafiascum, and -- to the extent we have power -- it will not be tolerated by our site when it occurs on another site. Forum mafia is a game that only works with the trust of other users, and I deeply regret that a user on our site would violate that trust.

We have permanently banned reinoe from our site. That doesn't fix the harm that's occurred to this game, unfortunately, but it's as much as we can do (absent a Lost-esque sideways universe contraption).

Again, I'm sorry this happened. I hope you won't hold it against any of our many great members who decide to play here.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 14, 2015, 07:19:56 pm »

Phew, so the naked pictures of myself I sent to silver stay safe.
Actually silver posted those all over his social media sounds I'm afraid :P

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 14, 2015, 07:20:27 pm »

Sorry meant accounts. Phone posting

Untrod Tripod

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 14, 2015, 07:22:02 pm »

Hi guys,

I'm a forum mod on mafiascum.net

I just I wanted to let you know that reinoe has been permanently banned from our forums for his actions in this game. What he did is absolutely not tolerated from our members and we are deeply sorry that someone who called our community home did this.

Untrod Tripod

• View Profile
« Reply #795 on: January 14, 2015, 07:23:46 pm »

I see zoraster beat me to the punch.

Regardless, I wanted to say it too.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #796 on: January 14, 2015, 07:24:44 pm »

You guys are sweet <3

reckonerX

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 14, 2015, 07:28:04 pm »

Note to self: never go to Mafiascum.
We're not all bad, I promise.

I'm just a regular user over there. I read this game. What a kick ass setup! I ran a series of LOST themed games over on Mafiascum (one for each season) and this one blew it out of the water. Really cool.

Sorry about reinoe. He's kind of a dick to deal with over on MafiaScum as well, so while I am very sorry this happened, I'm glad everyone got to see the type of person he really is.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 14, 2015, 07:30:18 pm »

Thanks, guys. It's much appreciated. FWIW, I played a game there once and had a good time (it's definitely a different pace than I was used to, though.)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 14, 2015, 07:38:15 pm »

Thanks to theory and the mafiascum guys, pretty happy he didn't get away with this.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35  All

Page created in 0.346 seconds with 19 queries.