Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35  All

Author Topic: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended  (Read 91330 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
Re: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended
« Reply #800 on: January 14, 2015, 07:40:36 pm »

Nice detail by the guys from MafiaScum. Better not to have a negative stereotype of the whole site because of a single individual. Kudos.

Phew, so the naked pictures of myself I sent to silver stay safe.
Actually silver posted those all over his social media sounds I'm afraid :P

Damn, you are right. They are all over google now.

(mmm, warning for mildly explicit content?)
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

mith

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: mith
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #801 on: January 14, 2015, 10:00:42 pm »

Thanks to theory for letting me know about the issue here so we could address it. As expressed already, we have no tolerance for this sort of breach of trust, and it does not reflect the values of the mafiascum community.

(Also, miss you guys! I only managed 10 plays of Dominion in 2014, shameful.)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 14, 2015, 11:25:58 pm »

Note to self: never go to Mafiascum.
We're not all bad, I promise.

I'm just a regular user over there. I read this game. What a kick ass setup! I ran a series of LOST themed games over on Mafiascum (one for each season) and this one blew it out of the water. Really cool.

Sorry about reinoe. He's kind of a dick to deal with over on MafiaScum as well, so while I am very sorry this happened, I'm glad everyone got to see the type of person he really is.

I didn't actually mean that about all you guys; I was only joking in response to Silver saying that Reinoe seemed to be one of the more reasonable guys there.  I've actually read over a few games on your site, and of course used it for reference.

Thanks for coming here and weighing in; we appreciate it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 14, 2015, 11:45:53 pm »

I also really appreciate the support from the mafiascum mods and members.  It's great to see and read.

Thanks also to theory.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 15, 2015, 12:30:04 am »

Thanks, mafiascum peeps! We do really appreciate the support, that's very cool of you guys.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 15, 2015, 12:36:39 am »

Thanks, mafiascum peeps! We do really appreciate the support, that's very cool of you guys.

Now stick around for a game!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 15, 2015, 01:00:24 am »

Now stick around for a game!

Heh heh, I just might.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 15, 2015, 03:39:59 am »

Thanks for all the support guys :) I was really upset about what happened yesterday, but reading all your responses made me feel better. I'll definitely do another RMM game, but not sure if I can reuse the Lost theme without repeating myself... we'll see.

I have decided to give out all the setup information, because it would be unfair to have some people have more information should there be a rework, and also to satisfy your curiosity.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 15, 2015, 03:42:16 am »

Third party PMs:

"The cork is this island, and it's the only thing keeping the darkness where it belongs."

Welcome to the Island, silverspawn!

You are Jacob, the Man-in-Black-immune Survivor/Dreaming God.

You are here to protect this Island, and the light in its heart, as you have been for a long time. But there is a force working against you, a darkness that you yourself created in a moment of weakness. The fights between the people you bring here are merely a game, but the thread from the black smoke is serious. You will use all your powers to ensure that the darkness will not spread to the rest of the world.

You are a Survivor. You win if you are still alive at the end of the game. You have access to a personal QT here: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/F8tPxXZCKSDg

These are your powers:

Protector of the Island: You are a Dreaming God. Each Day at twilight, you must choose one of the powers listed in your QT that you have not chosen before. Each power affects the game in some way. You are not aware of what the powers do until after you chose them. Some of the powers may require you to make some additional choices.

The rules: The thing that once was your brother cannot hurt you. All actions taken by Man-In-Black aligned players have no effect on you.

Please confirm via PM or in your personal QT.

If what you said was the truth, if Kate was raising Aaron... I'd kill her."

Welcome to the Island, 2.71828...!

You are Claire Littleton, the Man-in-Black-aligned 1-shot Deathproof 1-shot Paranoid Gun Owner/Modified Universal Backup.

You have been out in the jungle by yourself for three years. Or well, you haven't been all by yourself. You have met a new friend, the Man in Black. He told you that the others took your baby - that they took Aaron! How could they? You have sworn to yourself to get Aaron back, and to take your revenge on all those who are responsible for your separation.

You are Man-in-Black-aligned. Each night, you may send the smoke monster to a player of your choice. That player will die. You win if all other players have died, even if you yourself are no longer alive. You have access to a personal QT here: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/Bi4e2fkqhat

These are your powers:

Jungle Survivalist: You are 1-shot Deathproof. The first attempt to kill you will fail. If the first attempt to kill you is a lynch, there will be no death and the game will immediately move to Twilight.

Shoot first, talk later: You are a 1-shot Paranoid Gun Owner. Once during the game, instead of using your factional kill, you may choose to go on alert with your rifle. Each player targeting you that night will die.

Impersonate the dead: Your friend, the Man in Black, has the power to appear as any dead player. Once at any point in the game, you may choose one dead player. That player will join the game, controlled by you. You may use you QT to control their vote and their night action. You may not post in their stead and will not be granted access to any QTs that player had. The player you chose is treated as a member of the game for all purposes. Once he dies again, you may not choose another player.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 15, 2015, 03:44:22 am »

Others PMs:

"I just wanted you to understand how you were going to die."

Welcome to the Island, xeiron!

You are Jack Shephard, the Other-aligned Doublevoting Doctor.

Nothing is keeping you on this island. After you and your friend were captured by the Others, and you saw Kate and Sawyer on that surveillance cam, all you want to do is leave. So you made a deal with the Others. You are going to help them win back the Island, and they will send you home. The people from Oceanic 815 still think of you as their leader, which might make manipulating them easier.

You are Other-aligned, along with [player name] and [player name]. You have a factional QT where you may talk during Twilight and Night: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/SLHaZZVRYG2 Every night, one of you may carry out your faction's night kill, shooting another player. You win when the majority of the living players is Other-aligned and all threats to your faction have been eliminated, or nothing can stop that from happening.

These are your powers:

Follow the leader: You control two votes. At any point during the Day, you may send a PM to the mod to activate or deactivate your second vote. If you activate, a second vote will be added to the person you are currently voting for. If you deactivate, that vote will be removed. Your second vote will not auotmatically change if you change your vote.

Fixing things: You are a Doctor. Each night, you may use your medicine on one other player. That player will be protected from a single night kill.

Please confirm via PM or in your factional QT.

"How many times do I have to tell you, John? I always have a plan."

Welcome to the Island, xxpittip!

You are Benjamin Linus, the Other-aligned Following Semi-Investigation-Immune Universal Captain/Roleblocker.

You spent your life in service of this island; each and every order Jacob sent you via Richard - you obeyed without question. Now he wants you to give up your power and let someone else take over - but you've had enough. Those intruders, "Candidates" as Jacob calls them, know nothing about this island. Your time is not over yet. Those who agree to join you will stay alive, but everyone else needs to be eliminated.

You are Other-aligned, along with xeiron and reinoe. You have a factional QT where you may talk during Twilight and Night: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/SLHaZZVRYG2 Every night, one of you may carry out your faction's night kill, shooting another player. It is however possible for you to perform a twilight action and a night action in the same game phase. You win when the majority of the living players is Other-aligned and all threats to your faction have been eliminated, or nothing can stop that from happening.

These are your powers:

Master manipulator: Every day at twilight, you may choose one other player, and a target for that player. The syntax for that order is Captain: [Player A] -> [Player B]. Player A will have a choice tonight: Either target Player B, or perform no night action at all. This allows players to target people they would normally be unable to target. If the player you selected cannot target other players, they will simply be roleblocked. At the end of the night, you will be informed about the kind of action that your target performed that night.

Expert liar: You are immune to one kind of investigation that is part of this game.

"Everything's going to change. Have a cluckity cluck-cluck day, Hugo."

Welcome to the Island, reinoe!

You are Jin-Soo Kwon, the Other-aligned Neighbor/Modified Jack Of All Trades.

It was all a lie. She'd tell you the whole truth, your wife said to you, and then you had to hear from Juliet that she had another man. All the steps you've taken to rebuild your relationship - it was all for nothing. She dishonored you and your marriage. All you want to do now is leave this rock. You made a deal with the Others: They're going to let you go, but you have to offer them your services in return. Ironically, a bargain quite similar to the one that allowed you to marry Sun...

You are Other-aligned, along with xeiron and xxpittip. You have a factional QT where you may talk during Twilight and Night: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/SLHaZZVRYG2 Every night, one of you may carry out your faction's night kill, shooting another player. You win when the majority of the living players is Other-aligned and all threats to your faction have been eliminated, or nothing can stop that from happening.

These are your powers:

No English: You and your wife speak Korean, unlike the rest of the people from the plane. You can therefore communicate secretly. You have a shared QT that is open at all times: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/vfyvJ88ZXMx

Mr Paik's right hand: You are a Jack Of All Trades. You have four 1-shot powers to be used at night (or, if stated that way, at twilight). You may not perform more than one action per night. Your 1-shot abilities are:
Tracker: Choose another player. You will be informed who, if anyone, that player targeted that night.
Sidekick: Choose another player. All non-killing night actions that target them will instead target you.
Motivator: At twilight, choose another player. That player may use two night actions tonight.
Role Cop: You may target one player, and will be told that player's role name. Any alignment-revealing parts of the role (Survivor etc.) will remain hidden to you.
Encryptor: Your faction's QT will remain open the following Day phase.

A Fisherman's Son: Each night, in addition any other action you take, you may choose to fish for better items, using one unused JOAT shot, by sending the order Fish: power. If you do, thepower you selected will be lost and you will gain one power randomly selected out of the following:
Commuter: You cannot be targeted by any player tonight. You may not perform any other action on the night you are using this power.
Rolestopper: Choose another player. All other actions except kills targeting that player tonight will fail.
Bus Driver: Choose two players (you may target yourself). All actions targeting one of these players tonight with instead target the other one.
Watcher: Choose another player. You will learn the names of all players targeting them tonight.
Nexus: All actions except kills targeting you tonight will be reflected to other players. Thenew targets re determined randomly among all other players.

"Waaaaaaaaaaalt!"

Welcome to the Island, A Drowned Kernel!

You are Michael Dawson, the Other-aligned Traitor/Modifier.

Since you've stranded here, you've grown ever more attached to your son. You swore you would not allow anyone to harm him. When the Others took him, you went after them, and they trapped you. Now you have a deal with them: Help them win the Island back, and they'll let you have your son. You hate to betray your friends, but Walt is your son - they have to understnad that.

You are an Other-aligned Traitor. You win when the majority of the living players is Other-aligned and all threats to your faction have been eliminated, or nothing can stop that from happening. The rest of your faction does not know that you exist. You only know the flavor names of your partners: Jack Shepard, Benjamin Linus, Jin-Soo Kwon.

These are your powers:

Construction Worker: Each night you may construct one of the following Modifiers and choose a player to have it effect:
Ninja: Any action they complete will be invisible to investigative roles.
Strong-Willed: Any actions they complete cannot be redirected or blocked.

Walt?: If the Others target you with their factional kill for the first time, it will fail and instead a QT will be opened for the following day for you and whoever completed the kill to talk in. There, you will decide on a new recipient for the kill which will resolve at the end of Twilight.

You are provided with a safe fake flavor claim in case you need one. It is Mister Eko.

Please confirm via PM.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: January 15, 2015, 03:47:53 am »

Town PMs:

"There's a new sheriff in town boys! Ya'll best get used to it."

Welcome to the Island, Witherweaver!

You are James "Sawyer" Ford, the Town-aligned Macho Switch/Restricted Sensor.

You never liked how things were handled since you stranded here. While the rest of the group might be fine with the Doc and Locke making all the calls, you're not. But since they won't listen to you, you had to make them listen. You used your conning skills to get a hold of all the guns and medicine. How you loved the look in their faces when they realized what happened. If only you could pull a similar trick on the Others that have infiltrated your camp...

You are Town-aligned. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated, and there is at least one Town-aligned player still alive.

These are your powers:

New sheriff in town: You are a Switch. Every night, you may choose to flip the switch, changing its position from OFF to ON or vice versa. This counts as a night action for all purposes. At the start of the game, the switch is set to OFF. If you die, the switch will again be set to OFF. If the switch is ON, all roles that use guns or medicine for their flavor will be unable to perform a night action.

Every man for himself: You are Macho. No protective role can prevent your death.

The long con: The second time you are part of a wagon that lynches a Town-aligned player, you will be told the identity of one non-Town-aligned player that was on this wagon with you at the end of the following night.

Please confirm via PM.

"You're just jealous my power's better than yours."

Welcome to the Island, XerxesPraelor!

You are Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, the Town-aligned Loved Medium.

After you returned from the Island, you thought you were going crazy. At random, people who have died would visit you and talk to you. You went back to Santa Rosa, but it didn't stop. Only after you had a talk with Jacob, you realized that maybe you're not crazy at all. After all, being able to talk to the ones you lost isn't so bad, is it?

You are Town-aligned. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated, and there is at least one Town-aligned player still alive.

These are your powers:

Talk to the dead: Each night, you my target one other player. If a player you previously targeted dies, the mod will open a QT for the two of you which remains open for the following game phase. (i.e. if they die during the day, it will stay open for one night, if they die at night, it will stay open for one day)

Everybody loves Hugo: You are loved. It takes one more vote to lynch you, but it will never take more votes than there are other living players in the game.

Please confirm via PM.

"I've looked into the eye of this island, and what I saw... was beautiful."

Welcome to the Island, Ichimaru Gin!

You are John Locke, the Town-aligned Tracker/1-shot Strong-Willed Vigilante.

The others might not see it yet, but you know: You all are here for a reason. This is your purpose, this is your destiny. Many of the survivors are looking for a way to leave this place, but you're here to stay. This island is a place where miracles happen, and you need to protect it against all those who mean to harm it. You offer all your abilities in service of this island, and to protect your people. If this means you have to make use of your gun, then so be it.

These are your powers:

Walkabout: You are a Tracker. Each night, you may target one other player. You will be informed who, if anyone, that player targeted that night.

Sacrifice that the Island demanded: You are a 1-shot Strong-Willed Vigilante. Once during the game, instead of using your tracking ability, you may choose to shoot one other player. This shot cannot be redirected or blocked.

Please confirm via PM.

"Being told what to do was my life for four years... I didn't like it much either."

Welcome to the Island, Twistedarcher!

You are Sun-Hwa Kwon, the Town-aligned Neighbor/Modified Jack Of All Trades.

This Island was the salvation of your marriage. Before arriving here, you planned to leave Jin and run away. Here, slowly but surely, he changed your mind. You are close again, far away from your father and all that made your life so miserable. But you're afraid to lose Jin again. You have done things in the past that you think he cannot forgive you. You can't tell him everything. This weighs heavy on your mind; from time to time, you need to spend some time alone in your garden to get calm again.

These are your powers:

No English: You and your husband speak Korean, unlike the rest of the people from the plane. You can therefore communicate secretly. You have a shared QT that is open at all times: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/vfyvJ88ZXMx

Gardening: Each night, including N0, you have two night actions. You may grow herbs or use herbs with each of them. If you grow herbs, a 1-shot power will be added to your garden, available for use the following night. If you use herbs, you spend one of the previously grown herbs to perform a 1-shot night action. You have access to a QT that shows the state of your garden at all times: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/HAQTxfL7cCu3v These are the herbs you can grow:
Gun Doctor: Protects against a single night kill from the kills using a gun in their flavor the night it is used.
Non-Gun Doctor: Protects against a single night kill from kills using something other than a gun in their flavor the night it is used.
Lynchproofer: Choose a player. The following day, no one can vote against that player, and they cannot be lynched that day. May not be used on the same player twice.

"It's what needs to be done to get us all rescued. I'll be fine, Claire. But you gotta promise me something; while I'm gone, don't worry about me."

Welcome to the Island, Beyond Awesome!

You are Charlie Pace, the Fixed Compulsory Bodyguard/1-shot Suicidal Kill Blocker.

Things having been developing rather nicely for you since you crashed here. You successfully fought your heroin addiction, and even managed to build a relationship with Claire. It all changed when you talked to Desmond. He told you that you were supposed to die. For a while, that prospect left you unable to do anything. But now you see your purpose: If you have to die, then you will at least make bloody sure that your death helps Claire, the baby and everyone of your friends!

These are your powers:

Protect Claire: Each night, you will target the player with the flavor name Claire Littleton. If she would die, you die instead. You cannot choose another target. As you will always target someone, it is not possible for you to push the button at any time.

Not Penny's Boat: Once during the game, you may choose to activate this power. If you do, all kills happening that night are blocked and you die instead.

Please confirm via PM.

"Then I don't want to die... I want to live forever."

Welcome to the island, Hydrad!

You are Richard Alpert, the Town-aligned Enabled Deathproof Oracle/Triggered Switch.

Having lost all you ever cared for, you came to this island. You thought you were in hell, but then you met Jacob, and he convinced you otherwise. Jacob touched you, and gave you the gift of eternal life. But is it really a gift? Sometimes you feel that it's more of a curse. Since then, you are Jacob's messenger, and that means you know a lot more about this island than most of your people.

These are your powers:

Touched by Jacob: As long as Jacob has power over this island, you are Deathproof. If you would be lynched, the Day ends without a lynch instead. Kills targeting you at night will have no effect. However, this comes with a price: Every night you are not targeted by any player, all active protective Town roles will be blocked. This effect ends as soon as you are no longer Deathproof.

In the shadow of the statue: You are an Oracle. Every night, you may ask one question about the setup to the mod that can be answered with "yes" or "no". You may only ask questions that the mod could have known before roles were assigned, and you may not ask any question involving flavor names. The mod will answer your question truthfully. It is up to the mod's discretion to decide whether or not a question is acceptable. If your question is refuted, you may ask another one instead. Asking a question counts as a night action for all purposes. You can ask your questions here: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/BKCgL7vgSSJ

"My name is Sayid Jarrah, and I am a torturer."

Welcome to the Island, Teproc!

You are Sayid Jarrah, the Town-aligned 1-shot Lynchproof Public Role Cop.

During your service in the Republican Guard, you did things you never knew you were capable of. You are still haunted by the faces of the people you tortured. You swore to never use these skills again, and yet... The people you are with know nothing of war, and war is what happens out there. You will do what needs to be done to ensure their safety.

These are your powers:

Torturer: Every night, you may target a player. If you do, at the start of the following Day, that player's role will be publicly announced. Any modifiers to that role will remain secret, and alignment-revealing roles will not be announced. If you torture a player, you will become Super Hated, and for the rest of the game, it will take two votes less to lynch you. The hatedness stacks with multiple uses of your power.

Republican Guard Survival Training: You are 1-shot Lynchproof. The first time you would be lynched, all votes are reset instead and for the rest of the day, it will become impossible to vote for you or lynch you.

Please confirm via PM.

"I took care of you, Ma. I've got to go and you're not going to see me for awhile."

Welcome to the Island, chairs!

You are Kate Austen, the Town-aligned Arsonist/Triggered Miller.

After three years on the run, apparently this island is this place where all your past actions don't matter anymore. You are free to start over new - or are you? People like you now, but they don't know about your past? What if they found out, would they still trust you? You need to prove yourself worthy of their trust. How did Jack say? Live together, die alone? Is he right, or is it better to take out the threat on your own?

These are your powers:

Taking care: You are an Arsonist. Every night, you may target one player. That player will be primed. Alternatively, once during the entire game, you may choose to ignite. If you do, all primed players will be burned and killed.

Fugitive: You are a Miller. All Cop-like roles targeting you will receive a "guilty" result. This effect will be deactivated as soon as you successfully kill a player who is not Town-aligned.

Please confirm via PM.

"The light... it's strange out here, isn't it? It's kind of like, it doesn't, it doesn't scatter quite right."

Welcome to the Island, Awaclus!

You are Daniel Faraday, the Town-aligned Delaying Investigator.

When your biggest sponsor asked you to participate in this mission, you just couldn't refuse. You are able to conduct experiments here that you could only dream of back in Oxford, and yet your memory loss still troubles you. Sometimes, your results would just get mixed up. If only you could find your constant...

These are your powers:

Skipping Record: Target one player, and choose one:
A) One action that this player chooses to perform tonight will resolve one night later than it usually would. If the player performs multiple actions, the one last in the action resolution chain will be delayed.
B) One of the actions that other players choose to perform on this player tonight will resolve one night later than it usually would. If multiple actions are performed on the player, the one last in the action resolution chain will be delayed.

Memory loss: In addition to delaying, you may investigate the player you chose. If you do, one of A and B will be chosen randomly, without you knowing what was chosen. Either way, you will be informed about the kind of action that was delayed.

Please confirm via PM.

"I tried, brother. I've tried twice to save you, but the universe has a way of course-correcting, and I can't stop it forever."

Welcome to the Island, ashersky!

You are Desmond Hume, the Town-aligned Even-Night Savior/Failsafe.

For three years, you were stuck in this island. Then you've tried to escape, but there is no escaping it - the Island is all there is, all that's left. After an incident in the Hatch, you've started to get these flashes. Every once in a while, you see something that's about to happen. Maybe you can manage to stop things from happening. And should things get really bad, you still have that measure of last resort...

These are your powers:

Flashes before your eyes: At the end of every even night in which you did not use any other ability, you will receive a list of flavor names. These are the players that are about to die that night. You may choose one of the flavor names. That player will be protected from the night kill. You may not choose the same player twice.

Failsafe: In even nights, you may choose to turn the failsafe key in the Hatch. This will result in an implosion of the hatch, killing every player who chose to push the button that night. Once you have used this ability, there will be no more need to push the button.

Please confirm via PM.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 06:16:11 am by faust »

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 15, 2015, 03:52:34 am »

QTs:

Others
Sun and Jin
Jacob
Man in Black
Sun's Garden
Richard's Oracle
Speccy

Not posting the mod QT right now as it contains personal PMs by reinoe.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 15, 2015, 03:54:46 am »

So the basic premise of the setup was to have a bigger conflict (Jacob vs MiB) on top of the smaller one (Others vs Town). We tried to work lots of interesting interactions into the roles, and Jacob's Dreaming God powers would do more to spice the setup up.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 15, 2015, 05:31:41 am »

ash's pm is missing I think

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 15, 2015, 05:34:12 am »

Yeah, I'm not there.  Desmond!

I like this setup a lot.  Really interesting.

A note: millers are generally bastard-only.  Then again, I had alignment-switching in Dune, so it's not a strict rule...

Did Teproc not perform an action N1?  I'm assuming he pressed the button.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 15, 2015, 06:16:23 am »

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 15, 2015, 06:18:30 am »

A note: millers are generally bastard-only.  Then again, I had alignment-switching in Dune, so it's not a strict rule...

Is there a reason why Millers are bastard-only? I mean, we allow all kinds of result-changing roles, and I don't quite see what separates a Miller from a Godfather. (Plus, there was not even a Cop in the setup, so the Miller was mainly flavor)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 15, 2015, 06:20:06 am »

Did Teproc not perform an action N1?  I'm assuming he pressed the button.

T1/N1:

Twilight actions:

silver (Jacob) spreads the ashes.
xxpittip (Ben) captains silver to asherksy

Result: silver is roleblocked.

Night actions:

ashersky (Desmond) pushes the button
Xerxes (Hurley) targets ashersky
Awaclus (Daniel) delays and investigates Xerxes (random assignment: one action that targets Xerxes gets delayed)
ADK (Michael) ninjaises Teproc
Ichi (Locke) tracks xeiron
BA (Charlie) doesn't use his power
2.7 (Claire) kills Teproc (same side of the ashes)
Robz (Sun) gun doctors Teproc
xxpittip (Ben) kills Teproc
chairs (Kate) primes 2.7
WW (Sawyer) flips the Switch
xeiron (Jack) doctors Hydrad
Hydrad (Richard) pushes the button
Teproc (Sayid) does nothing

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 15, 2015, 06:54:03 am »

Wow, I'm the only one who pressed the button!

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 15, 2015, 06:57:03 am »

No, Hydrad did too, and the only reason I didn't is that I completely fogot about it, I had a lot of things going on atthe time and I might even have missed the night action deadline.

I was pretty sure you were lying about your role on day 2 ash, and I didn't quite see the townnarrative so I figured you were scum... I still think it was a bad plan : as scum, I wouldn't have bought the upgrade thing and wouldn't have pushed the button.

I did naturally get killed by three scum factions, love it. Appreciate the protection Robz :P
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 15, 2015, 06:57:52 am »

Is there a reason why Millers are bastard-only? I mean, we allow all kinds of result-changing roles, and I don't quite see what separates a Miller from a Godfather. (Plus, there was not even a Cop in the setup, so the Miller was mainly flavor)

I don't know, to be honest.   Town Millers generally flip scum -- public mod "lying" is generally seen as bastard while private mod "lying" (a la godfathers) isn't.

If you return a wrong result only, I think that's a different role name, if his flip is right.

On a grander scale...town cop investigates town player, gets guilty.  Town lyncher him, flips town.  Now the town cop is lynched the next day.  That's rough.

PPE -- I missed Hydrad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 15, 2015, 07:00:17 am »

I also was surprised to see Miller there, I too associate it with bastard games, though I can't say that I have anything against it per se (same as the alignment flipping in Dune).

Are Millers supposed to flip scum too ? Didn't know that.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 15, 2015, 07:01:08 am »

I don't know, to be honest.   Town Millers generally flip scum -- public mod "lying" is generally seen as bastard while private mod "lying" (a la godfathers) isn't.

If you return a wrong result only, I think that's a different role name, if his flip is right.

On a grander scale...town cop investigates town player, gets guilty.  Town lyncher him, flips town.  Now the town cop is lynched the next day.  That's rough.

PPE -- I missed Hydrad.

I think the role you are thinking about is "Death Miller" (which would flip with different alignment). That's mod lying, and thus bastard.

I don't think lynching a Miller reflects badly on the Cop - I mean, the Lynchee does flip Miller after all.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 15, 2015, 07:02:17 am »

No, Hydrad did too, and the only reason I didn't is that I completely fogot about it, I had a lot of things going on atthe time and I might even have missed the night action deadline.

I was pretty sure you were lying about your role on day 2 ash, and I didn't quite see the townnarrative so I figured you were scum... I still think it was a bad plan : as scum, I wouldn't have bought the upgrade thing and wouldn't have pushed the button.

I did naturally get killed by three scum factions, love it. Appreciate the protection Robz :P

The idea that we had multiple scum factions really made my plan harder to pull off...

Faust, were you laughing your head off at me?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 15, 2015, 07:08:23 am »

Just wondering anyone have any ideas for what questions I could ask as the oracle? I spent a decent amount of time thinking about it but couldn't really think of a question that would help us out. I'm wondering if you guys had some ideas.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.