Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35  All

Author Topic: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended  (Read 91316 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #425 on: January 08, 2015, 04:25:47 pm »

Ash, do you have some special mafia power (not game-specific) where you say something and everyone immediately sheeps you?

You say no-lynch, 4 people (ADK, Ichi, Hydrad, Awaclus) immediately jump on it.

You say lynch reinoe, 5 people (Ichi, hydrad, xeiron, xp, awaclus) immediately jump on it.

Now, one thing that I think this points to is that of {Ichi, hydrad, awaclus} it is probably very likely that at most 2 are scum, but I could probably see only one of them being scum.  Because you really think scum would sheep together like that so quickly?  I doubt it.

I still like my xeiron vote, but am willing to switch to {hydrad, awaclus}
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 08, 2015, 04:29:19 pm »

Ash, do you have some special mafia power (not game-specific) where you say something and everyone immediately sheeps you?

You say no-lynch, 4 people (ADK, Ichi, Hydrad, Awaclus) immediately jump on it.

You say lynch reinoe, 5 people (Ichi, hydrad, xeiron, xp, awaclus) immediately jump on it.

Now, one thing that I think this points to is that of {Ichi, hydrad, awaclus} it is probably very likely that at most 2 are scum, but I could probably see only one of them being scum.  Because you really think scum would sheep together like that so quickly?  I doubt it.

I still like my xeiron vote, but am willing to switch to {hydrad, awaclus}

He also said get everyone to L-1. I didn't sheep that one! so that means i'm town.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #427 on: January 08, 2015, 04:32:52 pm »

He also said get everyone to L-1. I didn't sheep that one! so that means i'm town.

Dammit, I did!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 08, 2015, 04:34:23 pm »

I don't think reinoe is a good lynch. From what I can say, his playstyle so far isn't hostile at all by mafiascum standards, and really he is right about TA not having posted any content (and I also don't see why claiming a neighborhood is a bad thing).

I like Teproc's posts. Suspecting someone because people defend him is crazy, and I obviously agree with him on reinoe.

I don't want to lynch XP. I really feel that him volunteering to be put on L-1 was genuine.

I think I'll vote: BA, his list seems... forced. Also, I'm playing normal. This is my normal playstyle. Yeesh.

Dammit, I did!

I'm not sure if joking is a scum tell for you or not.

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 08, 2015, 04:38:05 pm »

I see RVS lasts well past page 15 on this forum.

I longingly await Asherky submitting examples of TwistedArcher scumhunting.

@MOD
Is "the button" considered a player in this game?  i.e. can it be vigged?  Can it be "watched"?  Can someone be tracked to "the button"? 
This user is banned!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #430 on: January 08, 2015, 04:41:43 pm »

You should be. How many completely serious posts by me you can remember?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 08, 2015, 04:43:32 pm »

You should be. How many completely serious posts by me you can remember?

I don't think I can remember many posts by you, period. They usually don't rhyme or are put together in any other way that would make them memorable.

If you mean, of how many posts of you can I recall that they were serious - a lot. You usually make serious posts, either that or your humor is lost on me.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 08, 2015, 04:43:43 pm »

@MOD
Is "the button" considered a player in this game?  i.e. can it be vigged?  Can it be "watched"?  Can someone be tracked to "the button"?

I see arguing bogus cases lasts well beyond page reasonable poster where you're from.

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 08, 2015, 04:45:01 pm »

@MOD

I see arguing bogus cases lasts well beyond page reasonable poster where you're from.
I longingly await Witherweaver and Asherkey submitting examples of TwistedArcher scumhunting.
This user is banned!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 08, 2015, 04:46:07 pm »

Okay, I read the thread. Lots of people making reasonable sense and having understandable disagreements. I was intrigued by ash's plan and basically trust that it's a good one, because ash generally proposes good town plans, even when he is scum! I was a little cooler about No Lynching, mostly because there are too many people in this game to keep track of, and cutting down on players, even town players, will probably help us focus. I don't, like, have a scum read on Teproc for doubting ash, though. If anything, that's very townie of him.

So townish on Teproc. Also Ichi for some early reasons I can't remember.

The button is interesting. Impossible to say whether it helps town or scum more on net, but I do think townies who are VT or possess weak powers should press it.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: January 08, 2015, 04:50:41 pm »

I longingly await you to read this game.

TA Post 1-4: Theory, setup stuff.  Nothing wrong here, or noteworthy.

TA post 5:

E, multiple people have sheeped Ash, why does Ichi get singled out for the theory reason? You're saying your initial vote was throwing stuff out there, but clearly it's more than that, since you're exclusive voting Ichi for something that's not exclusive to Ichi.

Basically, your vote reads to me as "Vote Ichi because [extended theory talk that doesn't really mean anything]", it's a very generic theory that's not even exclusive to Ichi -- so it kinda reads as a bogus justification to me.

This is good and normal.

TA post 6:

I'm in a neighborhood with TwistedArcher btw.  Just the two of us.

Why claim this now?

Yeah, I'm a bit miffed by this..

This is where you claim he has a nuclear meltdown.  At this post most of the content is pointless discussion on this matter.  TA has not had much content up until this point, I agree, but there are many other players who have not as well.  Some players are not super active, especially towards the beginning of games, and it's okay to be suspicious of that, but your criticism has gone past the point of absurdity.  Especially since there was no need to single him out in the first place.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 08, 2015, 04:51:03 pm »

So, the big issue is... my neighborhood buddy reinoe.

What he did was abysmally terrible, because it's much more pro-town to keep the neighbors QT secret for a while long at least, in absence of some really good reason to suspect TA (which he doesn't have, objectively).

That said, I do think he's town because of it. Ash presents an interesting case against him that had me second-guessing my instinct a bit... but I say he's town. It's a lot of fun for scum to hang out in a neighbors QT with town--I did it before, in M31, it was an Oscar-winning performance--and I just don't see him blowing that immediately for no reason. Also, if he's scum, surely his scumbuddies would instruct him to do the exact opposite of what he is doing.

So I say he's town. It's unfortunate that he's playing so anti-town, though. Don't think he's anti-town enough to lynch, although like I said, we have plenty of extra people, and I wouldn't exactly trust him down the stretch. And he's never getting night-killed by scum.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 08, 2015, 04:52:02 pm »

"At this post" in my above post should say something like "After this point"

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 08, 2015, 04:56:29 pm »

Wow. You guys are completely overgeneralizing what I said about people's defense of reinoe. I have somewhat of a townread on ADK--but Teproc is pretty much a null read. I think the points ash made against reinoe are good.

Please stop acting like I'm saying "oh noes, someone said they don't want to lynch player x. They must be scuuuuuuuuuuum". Because I'm not. It's not only annoying, but also scummy.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 08, 2015, 04:59:53 pm »

We are responding to an argument you made when voting for reinoe. If you don't like it, you shouldn't have made the argument.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 08, 2015, 05:00:23 pm »

@reinoe : do you have reads beside TA being obvscum and all of us being idiots for not seeing that ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 08, 2015, 05:00:44 pm »

Well I should say Robz at this point rather than TA.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 08, 2015, 05:02:50 pm »

We are responding to an argument you made when voting for reinoe. If you don't like it, you shouldn't have made the argument.
You are manufacturing a strawman argument that I didn't make (defending someone is scummy), and then attacking that. I did not make that argument.

I don't see much evidence behind your defense of reinoe aside from WIFOM. You see his behavior as something that town would do, I disagree.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 08, 2015, 05:04:09 pm »

I'm with ash on this one. vote: reinoe. He could be trying to frame him, but I don't like the subtle defenses people have given reinoe (Teproc and ADK iirc). I am a firm, firm believer that scum defends their partners obviously, and I have like no trust of Teproc at the moment.

I don't understand what you're saying Teproc is misinterpreting. 

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 08, 2015, 05:05:15 pm »

I'm with ash on this one. vote: reinoe. He could be trying to frame him, but I don't like the subtle defenses people have given reinoe (Teproc and ADK iirc). I am a firm, firm believer that scum defends their partners obviously, and I have like no trust of Teproc at the moment.

This is you clearly making the argument that people subtly defending reinoe makes him scummier, is it not ?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 08, 2015, 05:05:36 pm »

You seem to pretty directly say that people subtly defending Reinoe is evidence that Reinoe is scum (and, by extension, some of those defending him).

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 08, 2015, 05:05:46 pm »

I longingly await Witherweaver and Asherkey submitting examples of TwistedArcher scumhunting.

Why?  TA's not playing the game anymore, and we aren't lynching Robz anyway.

One thing I will say is, I am think it is extremely unlikely that reinoe and Robz888 are scum buddies pulling a gambit with the Neighborhood claim.  If TA hadn't quit, I would have considered it a possibility.  But there's no reason to fake claim and fake a fight if one of you is going to quit.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 08, 2015, 05:06:26 pm »

Why?  TA's not playing the game anymore, and we aren't lynching Robz anyway.

One thing I will say is, I am think it is extremely unlikely that reinoe and Robz888 are scum buddies pulling a gambit with the Neighborhood claim.  If TA hadn't quit, I would have considered it a possibility.  But there's no reason to fake claim and fake a fight if one of you is going to quit.

I agree.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 08, 2015, 05:06:29 pm »

This is you clearly making the argument that people subtly defending reinoe makes him scummier, is it not ?

I read it as him casting suspicion on the defenders, not making reinoe scummier.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 08, 2015, 05:08:25 pm »

I don't understand what you're saying Teproc is misinterpreting.
When I say "you" I'm not just referring to Teproc. For some reason, people seem to think that I stated that across the board, defending other players is scummy--and that that's also my major reason for suspecting reinoe (hint: it's not).

PPE: Yes. I find the way that he was defended to be suspect. I think it was weak argument.

PPE: Ash. Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35  All

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 16 queries.