Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35  All

Author Topic: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended  (Read 91347 times)

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #350 on: January 08, 2015, 01:43:03 am »

Because people seem to have missed it...

In fact here's the discussion in the neighborhood (paraphrased)

TwistedArcher:who you? (this original post is four words)
me: my name's reinoe. here's a paragraph about me and I miss isotropic.
Twisted archer: I'm twistedarcher. enjoy your first game here
me:here's a paragraph about my unfamiliarity with the theme and i'm diving into the lostwikipedia now
Twisted:yup (his original response was two words)
me: here's a small paragraph on my thoughts about asherkey's plan.
twisted:here's a one sentence response.
TwistedArcher was setting the world on fire with how he deftly used the neighborhood.  He's gonna revolutionize the way neighborhoods are used because OMG wow.  With such insight as "who are you" and "yup".  I mean wow.  I can definitely tell he was putting that neighborhood to use like never before.
This user is banned!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 08, 2015, 02:56:34 am »

You are missing the issue, and I think it may relate to you being a mafiascum person and not an f.ds person.

Here, at least, no town player would ever out another player who could be town without at the very least asking first.  You don't know TA's alignment.  You also don't know his role.  If he's town, perhaps he has a reason to not want his role name out there.  Perhaps there are roles in the game that refer to role names specifically.

This is a closed, invented setup that clearly takes the flavor very seriously.  You ignored that.

On f.ds, what you did is generally considered a dick move.  On mafiascum, maybe it's just par for the course?

I don't see it as an alignment tell.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 08, 2015, 02:59:10 am »

well, on mafiascum claiming VT if you're getting into a heated argument is normal, so...

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 08, 2015, 04:12:33 am »

Vote Count 1.4

silverspawn (1): Hydrad
2.71828... (2): Teproc, Witherweaver
XerxesPraelor (6): XerxesPraelor, Beyond Awesome, xeiron, A Drowned Kernel, Awaclus, Ichimaru Gin
Witherweaver (1): chairs
Twistedarcher (1): reinoe
xeiron (3): 2.71828..., Twistedarcher, silverspawn

Not Voting (2): ashersky, xxpittip

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Day 1 ends January 12 at 11 am forum time.

I'd like to remind everyone of the Civility Pledge. Anything I consider a violation of the pledge, in particular attacks on a personal level, will be dealt with according to severity. Remember that this is a game, and the main goal is for everyone to have fun.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 08, 2015, 06:06:25 am »

Plan update:

All that really matters is tomorrow, I guess.  I suspect I'll be slammed by a few of you for the idea, but it's worth discussing (and doing, in the end), regardless of the risk.

For today, lynch, no-lynch, whatever.  I think it's been a pretty good day 1 so far, and not so crazy long yet.

We should try to do some lynch POE...

1. Teproc
2. Hydrad
3. XerxesPraelor
4. Witherweaver
5. silverspawn
6. Beyond Awesome
7. ashersky
8. Ichimaru Gin
9. xeiron
10. chairs
11. Awaclus
12. 2.71828...
13. xxpittip
14. Twistedarcher
15. A Drowned Kernel
16. reinoe

Strikethroughs are not options for today, bolds are preferred, regular are meh.

XP and xeiron are a pair -- I'd lynch one just so we only have one x-name in the game since I confuse them with each other all the time.
TA and reinoe are a pair -- as you know.
xxpittip is the only player that sticks out as both active and lynchworthy.

I understand why you strike teproc, WW and ADK.  I also understant why you don't want yourself lynched.
But, Beyond Awesome!? With his three posts, I can't get a read at him at all.

Also, does not xxpittip count as an x?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 08, 2015, 06:18:34 am »

5) TwistedArcher is saying he is suspicious of me based on the role PM.  That makes no sense.  His role PM had us both as husband and wife.  That's not suspicious.  His role PM had us being neighbors in a two person neighborhood.  That's not suspicious.  Him claiming that his role makes him suspicious is absolute garbage.

I totally understand that Twistedarcher gets suspicius when he is neighbors instead of masons with his flavor wife. I know because I had just the same initial suspicion when my lover and I was not confirmed town to each other in Shakespeare Mafia. In that game we both turned out to be town, but it took some time before i trusted him (liopoil, think).

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 08, 2015, 06:24:41 am »

reinoe : please calm down. Hystrionics like "he claimed scum" don't do well here, this isn't mafiascum, we don't enjoy shouting at each other.

Here's what I think of the TA/reinoe situation :

TA didn't speak a lot in the neighborhood because he thinks neighborhoords are of dubious utility to town, I'm pretty sure he's said this in previous games, and there is a very specific precedent on f.ds of scum using a neighborhood to successfully manipulate town (Robz in M31).

I don't think TA put a lot of weight in the whole husband/wife thing because he doesn't know the flavor and kinda ignored it, which is a mistake in RMM but whatever.

When TA said "as soon as I got my role PM", he obviously wasn't referencing the flavor, he was referencing the neighborhood and the fact that he's suspicious of them because you don't know the other guys alignment which means you should be careful. You might disagree with his decision to basically not engage, that's fine, but it's not"claiming scum" and I'm pretty sure you understand that and are just being super-hyperbolic because that's fun for you.

It's dumb though. Because this case is obviously extremely weak, yet you present it as if we're all idiots for not lynching TA, so where's your credibility now ? When you later make a better case, there's nowhere left for you to go, and no one will listne to you, so great job there.

I suggest we move on from this whole thing, as I'm reasonably convinced you're both town and this is a waste of time. Oh, and TA : if you're unhappy with playing a game here, it's still time to replace out. Either that or don't complain about being a game as soon as someone gets aggressive with you, I mean come on.

Not so convinced about e anymore.

vote: chairs
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 08, 2015, 07:17:26 am »

Vote Count 1.5

silverspawn (1): Hydrad
2.71828... (1): Witherweaver
XerxesPraelor (6): XerxesPraelor, Beyond Awesome, xeiron, A Drowned Kernel, Awaclus, Ichimaru Gin
Witherweaver (1): chairs
xeiron (3): 2.71828..., Twistedarcher, silverspawn
chairs (1): Teproc

Not Voting (2): ashersky, xxpittip

With 16 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends January 12 at 11 am forum time.

reinoe has been rendered voteless for today only as a result of violating the Civility Pledge. Consequently, the number of votes needed to lynch has been lowered to 8.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 08, 2015, 07:18:57 am »

Hm.

I suggest we don't discuss faust's decision here because really that just distracts from the game.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #359 on: January 08, 2015, 07:40:03 am »

unvote

I didn't realize we were this close to the XP lynch. I don't really want to lynch him, as I think he's somewhat towny.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 08, 2015, 07:41:27 am »

unvote

I didn't realize we were this close to the XP lynch. I don't really want to lynch him, as I think he's somewhat towny.

You voted for XP with the explicite goal of putting him to L-1 and you're surprised/concerned that he's close to being lynched ? Huh ?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #361 on: January 08, 2015, 07:49:20 am »

unvote

You voted for XP with the explicite goal of putting him to L-1 and you're surprised/concerned that he's close to being lynched ? Huh ?

Somehow I thought that he stopped being close to being lynched as soon as the "everyone to L-1" plan died. I guess he wasn't in any danger of getting lynched or anything, but I don't really like the wagon on him either way.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 08, 2015, 08:17:36 am »

Hm.

I suggest we don't discuss faust's decision here because really that just distracts from the game.

It happened because he's announced he's going to start being a dick to me in the qt, which I haven't posted in at all lately.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 08, 2015, 08:35:48 am »

Teproc, what's changing your mind about e?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 08, 2015, 08:40:57 am »

His reaction to the reinoe/TA thing seemed townie to me, especially the vote/unvote. Then he voted xeiron with a decent day 1 case. Basically it feels like he's trying to be useful, to get things away from theory talk and L-1 nonsense with actual interactions. I'd rather look at lurkers or people with low content now, because if I were scum I'd probably have been content with letting things unfold in the past few days.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 08, 2015, 09:01:05 am »

TwistedArcher has claimed scum.  Why aren't we lynching obvious scum?

make a real case.  TA has done nothing scummy whatsoever.  You have claimed the neighborhood and his flavor name.  Both of which might have been used later on during night or on future days depending on his role
In fact here's the discussion in the neighborhood (paraphrased)
TwistedArcher:who you? (this original post is four words)
me: my name's reinoe. here's a paragraph about me and I miss isotropic.
Twisted archer: I'm twistedarcher. enjoy your first game here
me:here's a paragraph about my unfamiliarity with the theme and i'm diving into the lostwikipedia now
Twisted:yup (his original response was two words)
me: here's a small paragraph on my thoughts about asherkey's plan.
twisted:here's a one sentence response.

Cool.  TA pisses and moans about how I outed the neighborhood, but he never brought up whether the neighborhood should be outed at all.  Ever.  Even though he posted first. 

2) TwistedArcher was deliberately not providing content in the neighborhood.  That's scummy.

3) Why is he pissing and moaning about outing the neiborhood?  He clearly had no intention of using it for anything productive.  He wasn't interrogating me and he wasn't giving content.  Why is he complaining? 

4) TA is being coy about there being no benefit to outing the neighborhood.  We know each other so if the neighborhood never gets outed he can kill me and fake-claim a name that's not in the game.  Now that it's outed he can't fake-claim a name neither can I.  Of course since I'm town I had nothing to hide anyway.

5) TwistedArcher is saying he is suspicious of me based on the role PM.  That makes no sense.  His role PM had us both as husband and wife.  That's not suspicious.  His role PM had us being neighbors in a two person neighborhood.  That's not suspicious.  Him claiming that his role makes him suspicious is absolute garbage.

You are really exaggerating TA's reaction to you claiming the neighborhood.

Did you actually claim to just get reactions? 

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 08, 2015, 09:06:02 am »

Sorry guys for the lack of content. It is not my intention to lurk. Recently, I got a new job. I work 4 days a week in a warehouse for 10 hours. It is about a 45 minute drive each way, and I am pretty exhausted by the time I make it home. So, with that said, I will be diligent and try to post as often as I can, and on my days off, I will put in more content.

With a game so large, it is hard to get reads. I do think reinoe is town. Why would scum out a neighborhood like that. His playstyle is interesting. I don't like though that he said in the neighborhood QT that he was going to be a "dick" towards TA, but I guess Faust is taking care of that. However, I'm pretty upset that he is behaving in this manner, especially so early on in the game when we just got started.

I'm not sure on TA. I can see him reacting the way he is reacting if he were either scum or town. So, he is null. But, I do sympathize with him with the way reinoe has treated him.

As far as Ash, I want to see more of his ideas, but right now, I am pretty null on him.

I get a townie vibe from e. Yet, some players seem to think he's scum. Can someone explain the full case on him?

WW seems like WW to me. I believe I have only played town games with him, so I have a town read on him for now.

Hydrad seems  a bit different to me, as if his play style has evolved. Either he has gotten better as a player since the last games I've played with him, or he's scum this game.

Awaculus and Teproc are providing content which is mostly good, but I'm null on them for now. Soooo many players this game. It's hard to analyze content. At least, that's how it is for me.

Ichi seems pretty consistent with his play style in the past. But, I feel maybe he is just a little different. My gut tells me as the game progresses that it will be much easier to get a read on him.

My experience with ADK is pretty limited. Yesterday, I think it was him that said something that stuck out to me as kind of scummy, but I can't remember now, and I have been up almost 24 hours and just got home from work, so I'm not going to go look for it at the moment. After I've had some rest I will try to find what he said.

Xeiron is pretty null. I can't really recall any of his posts. Same goes for chairs. Though, as far as lurkers, the player I'm most curious about is pit. I don't remember him posting at all.

And, finally, SS is being SS. Switching up his play style as usual. I do find that behavior anti-town.

After I've had some sleep and can think with a clear mind, I will put a vote down.

For now Unvote

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 08, 2015, 09:07:48 am »

I don't really care for the way reinoe is aggressively pushing your lynch,
How do you lynch scum on this forum?  Do you just sheep each other until someone accidentally gets lynched via extended RVS?
I have absolutely no trouble with people being aggressive or pushing cases in a hard manner. And I normally see it as a townie trait (as long as it's not on me). However, I see basically no evidence for why you think TA is scum. Aggressively pushing (what I think) is a case with virtually no support is scummy.

Really, I have a hard time thinking you actually want to lynch TA as it comes off as so overeager it almost seems sarcastic.

I don't know; scum doesn't like to push cases that are weak.  Because they know they're weak.  Town is more likely to push them, because (1) it could just be a gut read thing even if the argument itself isn't good, and (2) maybe you hit something, a la you caught scum for the wrong reasons.

I'm not a fan of what Reinoe is doing here at all, but it's less likely from scum.  At least scum on this forum; it's possible Mafiascum is different.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 08, 2015, 09:09:14 am »

BA, do you have a comment on ash's out of nowhere town read on you (or exclusion of his lynch pool anyway) ?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 08, 2015, 09:10:22 am »

I don't really care for the way reinoe is aggressively pushing your lynch,
How do you lynch scum on this forum?  Do you just sheep each other until someone accidentally gets lynched via extended RVS?
I have absolutely no trouble with people being aggressive or pushing cases in a hard manner. And I normally see it as a townie trait (as long as it's not on me). However, I see basically no evidence for why you think TA is scum. Aggressively pushing (what I think) is a case with virtually no support is scummy.

Really, I have a hard time thinking you actually want to lynch TA as it comes off as so overeager it almost seems sarcastic.
He's claimed scum.  Excuse me for being excited about a D1 scumclaim.  "Herp a derp I was suspicious about you because of my role PM and not any of your behavior before the game even started".  So in your universe that mindset is town?

TA is very likely town based only on his post about his reaction to his role PM alone.  Scum doesn't say stuff like that.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 08, 2015, 09:18:17 am »

BA, do you have a comment on ash's out of nowhere town read on you (or exclusion of his lynch pool anyway) ?

I really have no idea to be honest. I'm curious about that as well since I haven't had much opportunity to post much.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 08, 2015, 09:24:53 am »

I have a small plan. It's not much, but can we list all the possible "others." This might give us a better idea of mafia and also what their powers might be. I watched Lost a while ago, so I remember most of the people.

We have the Smoke Monster.

Umm, there's the bald guy with the scar on his eye who used to be in a wheel chair. I can see him being either town or scum.

Then, we have the others.

There was the doctor they sent into the camp that was supposed to take Claires baby, but he got murdered early on.

There's the leader guy, forget, his name.

There's the hot chick who recently appeared in Once Upon a Time as the Snow Queen.

Umm, who else? I know there were a lot more others. I know a lot of you think there might just be 4 scum, but I would not be surprised if the number was larger.

Oh, and guys, let's think about what these "villians" did in the show. What do you guys think they can do? Based on my role, this game seems very tied to flavor. So, I think we might be able to get at least somewhat of an idea of what to expect.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 08, 2015, 09:50:55 am »

I don't think it's good to have that kind of conversation. It will probably reveal a lot of info on what town knows or doesn't know, which only helps scum. I also don't want to help scum who doesn't know the flavor, so it's probably best to only discuss it once people claim stuff, to see if it fits.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 08, 2015, 11:28:27 am »

I don't think it's good to have that kind of conversation. It will probably reveal a lot of info on what town knows or doesn't know, which only helps scum. I also don't want to help scum who doesn't know the flavor, so it's probably best to only discuss it once people claim stuff, to see if it fits.
I agree.
There are so few here that know the flavor, so there is a decent possibility that no scum do.
In a flavor-heavy game that might lead to their downfall.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 08, 2015, 11:35:02 am »

reinoe : please calm down. Hystrionics like "he claimed scum" don't do well here, this isn't mafiascum, we don't enjoy shouting at each other.

Here's what I think of the TA/reinoe situation :

TA didn't speak a lot in the neighborhood because he thinks neighborhoords are of dubious utility to town, I'm pretty sure he's said this in previous games, and there is a very specific precedent on f.ds of scum using a neighborhood to successfully manipulate town (Robz in M31).

I don't think TA put a lot of weight in the whole husband/wife thing because he doesn't know the flavor and kinda ignored it, which is a mistake in RMM but whatever.

When TA said "as soon as I got my role PM", he obviously wasn't referencing the flavor, he was referencing the neighborhood and the fact that he's suspicious of them because you don't know the other guys alignment which means you should be careful. You might disagree with his decision to basically not engage, that's fine, but it's not"claiming scum" and I'm pretty sure you understand that and are just being super-hyperbolic because that's fun for you.

It's dumb though. Because this case is obviously extremely weak, yet you present it as if we're all idiots for not lynching TA, so where's your credibility now ? When you later make a better case, there's nowhere left for you to go, and no one will listne to you, so great job there.

I suggest we move on from this whole thing, as I'm reasonably convinced you're both town and this is a waste of time. Oh, and TA : if you're unhappy with playing a game here, it's still time to replace out. Either that or don't complain about being a game as soon as someone gets aggressive with you, I mean come on.

Not so convinced about e anymore.

vote: chairs

TA's reaction was probably somewhat related to flavor, as the two characters are flavor-connected, but are they alignment-connected?  He has to start wondering that, and then you get into a kind of WIFOM with the mod thing. 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.