Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35  All

Author Topic: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended  (Read 92029 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #325 on: January 07, 2015, 10:18:45 pm »

PPE:  vote: reinoe
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 07, 2015, 10:20:18 pm »

TwistedArcher has claimed scum.  Why aren't we lynching obvious scum?

make a real case.  TA has done nothing scummy whatsoever.  You have claimed the neighborhood and his flavor name.  Both of which might have been used later on during night or on future days depending on his role
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 07, 2015, 10:20:42 pm »

I am just glad you didn't get his role PM or you would have quoted the whole thing here

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 07, 2015, 10:21:16 pm »

make a real case.  TA has done nothing scummy whatsoever.  You have claimed the neighborhood and his flavor name.  Both of which might have been used later on during night or on future days depending on his role

I know I would be pissed off with my neighbor claiming that stuff without even talking to me about it

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 07, 2015, 10:21:54 pm »

@Twistedarcher
For the record, I think you're town--and I don't really care for the way reinoe is aggressively pushing your lynch, though it could also be I am less used to the different style of play. The person I really want to lynch today is e, but I don't know if we're going for a no-lynch instead.

PPE: 1

PPE:  ;D

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: January 07, 2015, 10:23:15 pm »

ok.  unvote

don't want to lynch reinoe today and I have to go soon and I don't want my vote hanging out there for the next day or so.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 07, 2015, 10:24:06 pm »

why'd you vote him if you don't want to lynch him?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 07, 2015, 10:26:13 pm »

why'd you vote him if you don't want to lynch him?

because his argument was floccinaucinihilipilification in my opinion. 

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 07, 2015, 10:26:36 pm »

e's play here is really confusing me. We seem to be in agreement regarding reinoe, but his (e's) reads seem kind of sporadic. I actually think his last few posts are pretty townie. He put down some reads and then put a good vote on reinoe; I don't see why he unvoted him though.

PPE: e ?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 07, 2015, 10:29:15 pm »

I think E/Ichi strikes me as more town/town than anything else.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 07, 2015, 10:33:36 pm »

I like a vote: xeiron

just read through his posts.  Involved, lots of theory talk, getting a feel for how the game is moving along.  He had his long mathy odds post that made him conclude that no-lynching is bad.  He jumped on the L-1 bandwagon.  Just has done things that don't really stick out and is in a comfortable place to be scum.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 07, 2015, 10:58:42 pm »

Sure, I'll sheep that. Vote: Xeiron

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 07, 2015, 11:31:27 pm »

I hate that I can't join a mafia game on this forum anymore without regretting it.

Sorry, I know I was the reason for that last time. I thought you were too friendly to be scum, when you were just being friendly. If it's any consolation, I don't suspect you in this game so far.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 07, 2015, 11:32:52 pm »

Sure, I'll sheep that. Vote: Xeiron

vote: Xeiron

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 07, 2015, 11:40:37 pm »

In fact here's the discussion in the neighborhood (paraphrased)
TwistedArcher:who you? (this original post is four words)
me: my name's reinoe. here's a paragraph about me and I miss isotropic.
Twisted archer: I'm twistedarcher. enjoy your first game here
me:here's a paragraph about my unfamiliarity with the theme and i'm diving into the lostwikipedia now
Twisted:yup (his original response was two words)
me: here's a small paragraph on my thoughts about asherkey's plan.
twisted:here's a one sentence response.

Cool.  TA pisses and moans about how I outed the neighborhood, but he never brought up whether the neighborhood should be outed at all.  Ever.  Even though he posted first. 

2) TwistedArcher was deliberately not providing content in the neighborhood.  That's scummy.

3) Why is he pissing and moaning about outing the neiborhood?  He clearly had no intention of using it for anything productive.  He wasn't interrogating me and he wasn't giving content.  Why is he complaining? 

4) TA is being coy about there being no benefit to outing the neighborhood.  We know each other so if the neighborhood never gets outed he can kill me and fake-claim a name that's not in the game.  Now that it's outed he can't fake-claim a name neither can I.  Of course since I'm town I had nothing to hide anyway.

5) TwistedArcher is saying he is suspicious of me based on the role PM.  That makes no sense.  His role PM had us both as husband and wife.  That's not suspicious.  His role PM had us being neighbors in a two person neighborhood.  That's not suspicious.  Him claiming that his role makes him suspicious is absolute garbage.
This user is banned!

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 07, 2015, 11:45:57 pm »

I don't really care for the way reinoe is aggressively pushing your lynch,
How do you lynch scum on this forum?  Do you just sheep each other until someone accidentally gets lynched via extended RVS?
This user is banned!

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 07, 2015, 11:52:16 pm »

I know I would be pissed off with my neighbor claiming that stuff without even talking to me about it
If TwistedArcher wanted to talk about it he would have brought it up.  He didn't and he had plenty of time to do so.
This user is banned!

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 07, 2015, 11:55:45 pm »

How do you lynch scum on this forum?  Do you just sheep each other until someone accidentally gets lynched via extended RVS?
I have absolutely no trouble with people being aggressive or pushing cases in a hard manner. And I normally see it as a townie trait (as long as it's not on me). However, I see basically no evidence for why you think TA is scum. Aggressively pushing (what I think) is a case with virtually no support is scummy.

Really, I have a hard time thinking you actually want to lynch TA as it comes off as so overeager it almost seems sarcastic.

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 08, 2015, 12:04:55 am »

I have absolutely no trouble with people being aggressive or pushing cases in a hard manner. And I normally see it as a townie trait (as long as it's not on me). However, I see basically no evidence for why you think TA is scum. Aggressively pushing (what I think) is a case with virtually no support is scummy.

Really, I have a hard time thinking you actually want to lynch TA as it comes off as so overeager it almost seems sarcastic.
He's claimed scum.  Excuse me for being excited about a D1 scumclaim.  "Herp a derp I was suspicious about you because of my role PM and not any of your behavior before the game even started".  So in your universe that mindset is town?
This user is banned!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 08, 2015, 12:10:52 am »

I think the problem is the difference of attitude players have on mafiascum and here. Most noticeably, players are much more polite here, and there is also less pressure, no default prod after two days of inactivity, a lot more focus on individuality, and more freedom for creative play. Also, TA is just a really friendly guy, even for this forum.

For example, your 2)
TwistedArcher was deliberately not providing content in the neighborhood.  That's scummy.
Is probably just the result of TA not thinking in terms of content.

So, I don't think TA is scummy based on your case. I think it's more likely that he was just being nice/passive, and didn't think a few things through. But I totally understand why you're making the case.

That said, this
5) TwistedArcher is saying he is suspicious of me based on the role PM.  That makes no sense.  His role PM had us both as husband and wife.  That's not suspicious.  His role PM had us being neighbors in a two person neighborhood.  That's not suspicious.  Him claiming that his role makes him suspicious is absolute garbage.

Is kind of true.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 08, 2015, 12:18:22 am »

He's claimed scum.  Excuse me for being excited about a D1 scumclaim.  "Herp a derp I was suspicious about you because of my role PM and not any of your behavior before the game even started".  So in your universe that mindset is town?
That is definitely something worth taking into consideration. But I hardly think it constitutes "claiming scum". I'm not saying at all that that makes me think TA is town. I see it as pretty much a null tell for him.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 08, 2015, 12:29:24 am »

I'm adding reinoe to my list of "probably town", I don't think scum claims so deliberately and tries so actively to get their fellow neighbor lynched. If anything, they try to win over the trust of the other player.

I'm not seeing the case on TA, though. And I'm honestly fine with my vote on XP.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 08, 2015, 01:06:23 am »

reinoe = eager town
TA = normal TA slight town read
IG = defensive IG! towny even though its not a tell for him. just a gut read right now
XP = town read. which is surprising as I think I have called him scum and tried to lynch him in every game except one
chairs = seems towny
pit = townyish

asher = null but willing to follow his plan
ADK = null I guess? I don't know hes been active but nothings sitting in my memory about him
Teproc = null
WW = null but if I can't find anyone scummy might jump to him because hes really good and scary.
BA = don't even really remember if hes posted yet? so null?
awaclus = null...

e = gut scum read.
SS = weird normal SS and I'm still suspicious about him so would rate as scummy
xerion = I don't know who he is but the case on him isn't bad so i'll rate him as scummy

This started out as just my read on 3 people and then I thought I might as well keep going. I know day 1 reads aren't very useful but I wanted to do it anyways!
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 08, 2015, 01:33:18 am »

This started out as just my read on 3 people and then I thought I might as well keep going. I know day 1 reads aren't very useful but I wanted to do it anyways!
!

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 08, 2015, 01:36:00 am »

This makes no  sense.  How can someone "use" their flavor-name at night?  The neighborhood is open all day everyday.  TA has still not posted or even attempted to post any content in there.  In what way do you think he should be using the neighborhood?
This user is banned!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.