Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 140731 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2014, 06:53:33 pm »

I don't think scum would care about someone's reads when choosing who gets the gun; we decided we would do majorities and with a four-man scum team, I'm sure they realized that's what we would do.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2014, 07:06:51 pm »

silverspawn being self-aware is indeed very normal for him, which is why I was asking sudgy if he had played with him.

This post by e reminds me of that blitz game where he was scum though. Just saying obvious stuff about everyone, not actually taking any position, keeping your options open.

vote: e
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2014, 07:11:11 pm »

I would like everyone to answer why they think I might have been picked.

No better option maybe?  I honestly don't know.  I mean, there are some people I wouldn't pick.  I probably wouldn't pick a lurker because they are usually suspected already.  I wouldn't pick WW because he is always scum.  I wouldn't pick silverspawn because of his playstyle (from what I have seen).  I would try to pick someone who is generally active and gives off a towny vibe and probably wouldn't be a target for the first shot.  I think you fit in that category.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2014, 07:15:56 pm »

silverspawn being self-aware is indeed very normal for him, which is why I was asking sudgy if he had played with him.

This post by e reminds me of that blitz game where he was scum though. Just saying obvious stuff about everyone, not actually taking any position, keeping your options open.

Yes, I kept my options open with my first post of the game, rather than immediately voting for someone like you did.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2014, 07:17:56 pm »

Yes, I kept my options open with my first post of the game, rather than immediately voting for someone like you did.

Right. Why ? You're looking at very good odds if you're town you know.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2014, 07:22:51 pm »

I mean, yeah, I have a 40% chance that my initial vote will be on scum.  I just don't feel that 40% about anyone yet.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2014, 07:24:40 pm »

40% huh ?

So are you forgetting about ADK being an IC or about you being town ?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2014, 07:27:52 pm »

40% huh ?

ADK being IC.  So yeah, that improves my odds even more.

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2014, 12:13:01 am »

I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2014, 12:23:54 am »

woo i'm excited
Too excited??
also even though there are no lynches I think we could still use a voting system to see who we suspect?
Yeah that *could* work... or the death note user can just listen to me.
Sweet let's shoot some people.

So there's no Night phase.. setup doesn't say anything about the scum team getting day chat.  Anyone play this format before?
I think it'd be a pretty silly game if scum didn't get day chat. I haven't played this particular setup, no, but have played a close variant with a Kingmaker. It was on an IRC chat that I was unfamiliar with so I got super frustrated and basically rage quit that type of format since the guys were dicks. (even more so than on mafiascum :O)
wait, mafia chose the notebearer. so why choose ADK? I expected either me or hydrad, cause, yknow, the newest players are probably worse at the game, and not as likely to hit the right person. It's pretty unlikely that mafia thought ADK was the worst player. This is weird.

Maybe it's to make Hydrad & me look suspicious? that's the only reason I can come up with.
We actually talked about you some on the google hangout. People actually think very highly of town you, so I think that's probably why they didn't give you the book to start. I think Hydrad might get miskilled at some point, based on the one game I've played with him. Then again your post reads kind of cringey so I can see it coming from scum.
Okay, Mafiascum has a sample PM that gives a QT link, so I'm guessing scum has chat available through the entire thing.
I've already gone over this, of course they have day chat!
Obligatory Vote: Silverspawn[/b[
Gooooood. Vote: Silverspawn
Make that Vote: Silverspawn.  Shirking off suspicion before you're suspected, and all that.

wait, mafia chose the notebearer. so why choose ADK? I expected either me or hydrad, cause, yknow, the newest players are probably worse at the game, and not as likely to hit the right person. It's pretty unlikely that mafia thought ADK was the worst player. This is weird.

Maybe it's to make Hydrad & me look suspicious? that's the only reason I can come up with.
You already voted!
yea uhu. maybe i'm just that good and hydrad is scum

make that vote: Hydrad
Sweet, a vote!
but man I really expected to be the IC. this is disappointing.
Start taunting ADK to shoot you, then you'll get your IC status.
oh I forgot we can't even vote. So there is no need to bold them
Bolding is still nice for players so they can easily skim at points.
Eh, we should keep vote counts, so following format would be good.
I JUST SAID THAT! THAT'S TWICE NOW! STOP COPYING ME!
We can keep vote counts if you want.
I am the want.
I am the want.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
So, I think the first question we should ask/answer is: if the gun bearer couldn't decide himself, but was obligated to act according to the majority, would the game be easier or harder for town?

if it would be easier, the logical consequence is, the gunbearer always does what the majority is saying. So we treat this just as a normal game, except there are no night kills.
Remember, besides the gatekeeper, there are 6 town and 4 mafia, that's a proportion that's a lot more mafia sided than your normal mafia game. The keymaster should keep that in mind.

End Page 2.

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2014, 12:44:52 am »

So, I think the first question we should ask/answer is: if the gun bearer couldn't decide himself, but was obligated to act according to the majority, would the game be easier or harder for town?

if it would be easier, the logical consequence is, the gunbearer always does what the majority is saying. So we treat this just as a normal game, except there are no night kills.

but now you have the chance to be the hero. purposely not kill someone and hit scum instead! or have everyone dissapointed in you.
Very, very true.

but now you have the chance to be the hero. purposely not kill someone and hit scum instead! or have everyone dissapointed in you.

edit: Purposely not follow the majority and hit scum instead.
I really doubt that was an edit.
We were talking about this.. uh.. I guess it was over the chat thing on Sunday. 

We want to keep a vote count for accountability.  So that we can analyze wagons, voting patterns, etc. as in a normal Mafia game.
Yeah we did, and yes we should.
We were talking about this.. uh.. I guess it was over the chat thing on Sunday. 

We want to keep a vote count for accountability.  So that we can analyze wagons, voting patterns, etc. as in a normal Mafia game. 

I think this is pretty important and should be discussed more before we just decide it.

and what do you think about why scum didn't make me the IC? Am I that good at the game? huh? huh?
I mean we can vote without consequence, right? I don't see a point in not voting. The question is whether we should force ADK to follow the votes though, so that might we worth discussing.

And yeah, I already said you're good at the game, weren't you listening??

i'm in favor of keeping votes to keep people accountable.
So say we all.

yea but you're scum.
It is known.
Maybe you're scum.

Maybe they thought ADK was hard to read.. maybe they think ADK has bad reads, or they don't often get found out by him.

I can tell you I certainly wouldn't have chosen ADK, because he's always the sole guy that suspects me as scum from very early on.  This is exactly the worst format for me as scum and ADK as town.  Or maybe I played some WIFOM with that and convinced my scum team so that I could make this argument.  Of course, if I did that, I wouldn't make this argument, I'd wait until someone else brought it up.
Eh, Axxle already voiced his opinion on the matter and I tend to agree, WIFOM doesn't happen all too much. Maybe you would have done it if ADK had been on the call too since it's such in recent memory, but I don't think you would have given him the note in this situation. but since you have 3 partners maybe they felt fine and you were overruled. I tend toward you-town though.

Maybe they thought ADK was hard to read
I think that's an argument for the opposite case. If he's hard to read, it's bad to make him the IC, because that means he can't be misread as scum. Best give the IC to the guy who, if he's town, looks towny to most players.

He probably just misspoke.

Maybe they thought ADK was hard to read
I think that's an argument for the opposite case. If he's hard to read, it's bad to make him the IC, because that means he can't be misread as scum. Best give the IC to the guy who, if he's town, looks towny to most players.

I didn't say what I wanted to.. I meant to say, maybe they think he's easy to detect as scum.

Err, that's not what I thought you meant, but sure. I assume you mean that since he's easy to detect as scum he'd be easy to detect as town too?
So some reference.. was looking at a Mafiascum game of this format, and here is the Mafia QT:

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/BrLTFPmPnNA

(It was linked in the thread.)

The main factor of determining who to give the gun to was mislynchability, and the accuracy of their reads was secondary probably.  I'm guessing whether or not they felt someone would get mislynched (in a regular game) was a main thing here.

Hydrad has a history of getting mislynched or being found scummy in every game he's been in.  New players are, in general I think, more susceptible to getting mislynched.
Yeah, I already mentioned the reason Hydrad probably didn't get the note to start.  I'll read the QT later, but I'll trust you read it right and conveyed it to us. (OH, Klick was in that game! He's a cool guy)

yea but you're scum.

I'm really glad you don't have the notebook right now
Because you don't want to be shot, huh? Huh???

So I'm an IC! That's new.

I gave this some thought beforehand, and I'm going to treat the kill like a normal lynch. That makes sure people are accountable, and lord knows my reads are rarely too accurate. So I will shoot someone as soon as they reach majority, and if deadline comes up I'll shoot the player with the largest wagon, and if there's a tie the wagon that reached it's point first.

Some people have commented on it already, but I would like everyone to answer why they think I might have been picked.
So Boring! :)

Making sure you realize there are 4 scum and 6 other town?

yea but you're scum.

I'm really glad you don't have the notebook right now

I'm not :c
Why, because you want to shoot him??? Huh???

I gave this some thought beforehand, and I'm going to treat the kill like a normal lynch. That makes sure people are accountable, and lord knows my reads are rarely too accurate. So I will shoot someone as soon as they reach majority, and if deadline comes up I'll shoot the player with the largest wagon, and if there's a tie the wagon that reached it's point first.

Some people have commented on it already, but I would like everyone to answer why they think I might have been picked.

If I was scum I don't even know how I would go around picking people. I would probably just select someone randomly as after the first myslynch there isn't much control over it.

Maybe they picked you because they felt you would go along with the majority and that they could influence the majority? 4 scum is going to have a huge influence on votes.
Yeah, and it looked like they picked right with ADK!

vote : WW
Wrong!

Wrong!

Wrong!

Seems about right.

P.S. : To anyone wondering, I don't do RVS so this is a serious vote.
Cool.
Also I agree with treating the gun (or the death note in this case) as a lynch, as boring as that is.
Did you know Quasimodo was called Bo in the first draft of Hunchback? Audiences found it too Bo ring.
I'm not so concerned with getting shot, though.  Because then I get a gun.  And then I can shoot bitches.

And I may go crazy and start rapid firing.
See above.
*checks that EFHW isn't playing this game, breathes a sigh of relief*
?
*checks that EFHW isn't playing this game, breathes a sigh of relief*

?
!

Trying to intimidate us into not shooting you ?

PPE : Nevermind
Us? Who the heck is us?
eh.
Vote: teproc
Vote: silverspawn

I agree that his first post seems like it's pushing aside suspicion when there isn't any, and it could be planned in a QT.  I usually do RVS but I actually found a legitimate reason to vote someone right away.
Yeah, he's a fine vote.

Page 3... complete!

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2014, 01:07:27 am »

Trying to intimidate us into not shooting you ?

PPE : Nevermind

No, trying to make you think that so that you will shoot me, so that I get the gun.
Obviously.

So I'm sure you thought about this, but there are four scum and six (non-you) town.  And scum has no night kill or abilities, so all they can really do is try to influence the kills through votes.  I might be extra suspicious of a wagon pushes.
Yes, I've told him several times.
sudgy, have you played with silverspawn before ?
I haven't and am looking forward to it!

Once, but I was NKed N1 so I wasn't there long.
Well that won't happen this game!

What do you remember about his play ?
I told you, I haven't played with him before!

What do you remember about his play ?

Not much weird.
*Not much: weird.
FTFY

So I'm sure you thought about this, but there are four scum and six (non-you) town.  And scum has no night kill or abilities, so all they can really do is try to influence the kills through votes.  I might be extra suspicious of a wagon pushes.

This is useful information, but looks like the mindset scum would be in.

vote: ww especially since votes don't matter here as much.
How is this scum mindset? Assertions != truth

yea but you're scum.

Does this remind anyone else of ash and pacovf last game?
Nah. Then again nothing reminds me of last game since I wasn't in it. Also this is another post that feels a bit scummy, the age old "look at this thing is it scummy or not?"

yea but you're scum.

Does this remind anyone else of ash and pacovf last game?

Are you saying they're both town?
Loool.
Maybe you're scum.

Maybe they thought ADK was hard to read.. maybe they think ADK has bad reads, or they don't often get found out by him.

I can tell you I certainly wouldn't have chosen ADK, because he's always the sole guy that suspects me as scum from very early on.  This is exactly the worst format for me as scum and ADK as town.  Or maybe I played some WIFOM with that and convinced my scum team so that I could make this argument.  Of course, if I did that, I wouldn't make this argument, I'd wait until someone else brought it up.

I never noticed anything between you and ADK. Is there a specific game you're thinking of?

PPE: I was pointing it out - mainly I just think strong reads this early in the game are very likely to be wrong. They haven't earned any town/scum points through that.
I think that's something WW wouldn't lie about. I mean maybe he's throwing it out of proportion, but that's because he's on the receiving end of the bad read so he's a bit more sensitive when it happens. It's solidifying my townread on him.

Re the ppe: Zzz... How does that do anything but up your postcount? Is there a point to pointing it out?

3 strikes, you're out.
Vote: XP

Maybe you're scum.

I never noticed anything between you and ADK. Is there a specific game you're thinking of?

PPE: I was pointing it out - mainly I just think strong reads this early in the game are very likely to be wrong. They haven't earned any town/scum points through that.

Like.. always when I was scum.. Okay maybe it was really only a few times, but they were all in a row so it felt like he always had me pegged.  Um.. Greater Idea, Homeland, Monster's U..
Or good reads, Whatever.

Actually you might want to give the gun to someone that can peg you in the late game since it's likely they're going to die day 1 and not be able to peg you later.

Maybe you're scum.

Like.. always when I was scum.. Okay maybe it was really only a few times, but they were all in a row so it felt like he always had me pegged.  Um.. Greater Idea, Homeland, Monster's U..

But only when your scum... so you should be fine if your town right?
The point WW was trying to make is that he wouldn't give ADK the gun, he can't give ADK the gun if he's town.

Maybe you're scum.

His point was that he wouldn't have chosen ADK if he were scum.

Which would clear him, but then WIFOM.

All of which is way too self-aware for town!WW who wouldn't even have posted that, hence my vote.
Yeah. Yes except in the case that I mentioned where he wanted to eliminate ADK early, which isn't that WIFOM at all, or if it is it only has to last him a day or so. Eh, it's all pursuading me. maybe. maybe i need another drnk

Teproc, sudgy, XP, do have any thoughts on why scum might have picked me?

(I have stuff to say about the other stuff that's going on, btw, but my strategy as IC here is to hang back at the start)
Not asking me??? :(

(I have stuff to say about the other stuff that's going on, btw, but my strategy as IC here is to hang back at the start)

Not really.  I haven't been playing much recently so I don't really know half of the people here well enough to make a good guess.
And you like half of us half as well as we deserve? :( :'( :"(

Maybe you're scum.

I was commented on who I  would pick for the gun bearer if I were scum.
Yes, yes you did.
Maybe you're scum.

His point was that he wouldn't have chosen ADK if he were scum.

Which would clear him, but then WIFOM.

All of which is way too self-aware for town!WW who wouldn't even have posted that, hence my vote.

Muwahahahaha.
I like you. Please don't be scum :(
I kinda like this game mode though. Even if you get "mislynched" you still get to play. Although I feel kinda bad for ADK as he might get kicked out day 1.
Hey, I did that once. Twice in fact!

Another important note: I will not be around for the "official" deadline. The latest I can be sure to be online is 10 am forum time on the 19th, so I'm going to treat that as my deadline for shooting. If there's no majority lynch before then, then as I said before, I'll shoot whoever has the largest wagon.
Sounds good! Also boring!

I wouldn't read too much into it. You're pretty good at making yourself obvtown, might as well make you the IC, is probably the thought process here.
That's probably it. I'm probably not the deathnote carrier since I have a 100% vig rate and like flaunting it (also glad I'm not the shooter since that rate might go down T_T)

Muwahahahaha. 

I take it you don't take my case seriously ?
Clearly.
I kinda like this game mode though. Even if you get "mislynched" you still get to play. Although I feel kinda bad for ADK as he might get kicked out day 1.

That could be a reason for choosing ADK if they think he has good reads.  It's a more risky strategy.. a player may have good reads, but they're still more likely to hit Town early than scum, so it gives them a greater chance of getting rid of that player.

Maybe, give the first gun to the first player you'd want to night kill.

I might give it to someone I thought was a strong town player.
That's what I said! Goodness, stop stealing all my ideas, WW! I take it back, I don't like you anymore  >:(

(Also you do know that'd be most likely you in this case, right?)

Muwahahahaha. 

I take it you don't take my case seriously ?

Well I think you'll find that it's wrong, assuming that you're town.
He'd also be wrong if he was scum, just wrong in the right way.
Hey guys.  Good to be back in the game. 

ADK is the IC I see.  I am totally fine with him creating whatever deadline works best for him.  silverspawn and WW are extremely self-aware, which is cool but not necessarily scummy (never played with silverspawn, but from what I have watched of his play that seems pretty normal).  Teproc seems like his usual self (as far as I remember).  Keeping track of votes for wagons and helping direct the kill sounds very reasonable.
Zzzzz No vote?

Page for completion. Also Page 4 completion.

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2014, 01:16:42 am »

I don't think scum would care about someone's reads when choosing who gets the gun; we decided we would do majorities and with a four-man scum team, I'm sure they realized that's what we would do.
You misunderstand, the shooter is the only one who gets killed if the town is wrong, and the town is wrong decently often. They'd give the gun to the person who is the most dangerous later on, ie the person they'd likely nightkill in a regular game.

Cool, I like this.
I would like everyone to answer why they think I might have been picked.

No better option maybe?  I honestly don't know.  I mean, there are some people I wouldn't pick.  I probably wouldn't pick a lurker because they are usually suspected already.  I wouldn't pick WW because he is always scum.  I wouldn't pick silverspawn because of his playstyle (from what I have seen).  I would try to pick someone who is generally active and gives off a towny vibe and probably wouldn't be a target for the first shot.  I think you fit in that category.
Sure.

Which means you keep our reads on you as hazy as possible. There was plenty of content this game.

But there's an even number of scum!

I mean, yeah, I have a 40% chance that my initial vote will be on scum.  I just don't feel that 40% about anyone yet.
Err, I thought e was a math term?
40% huh ?

^
40% huh ?

ADK being IC.  So yeah, that improves my odds even more.
Four out of nine ain't bad~
A Drowned Kernal is the Notebearer.
:'(
DAMMIT I AM THE ONE WHO... err wait, that's me. Carry on then.

All caught up!

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2014, 01:17:35 am »

*waits patiently... and doctorly*

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2014, 01:44:15 am »

I'll read the QT later
This is probably a lie, fyi, I like pie, don't dwi.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2014, 03:34:44 am »

I like you. Please don't be scum :(

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2014, 08:43:37 am »

vote: Axxle2

either he is scum, or we really want him to be the notebearer

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2014, 08:44:56 am »

Why ?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2014, 08:54:25 am »

Why ?

Did you read his catchup post? 

I have a 100% vig rate and like flaunting it

We could use someone like that as our notebearer.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2014, 09:17:19 am »

Or we can just keep him alive and he can tell me who to shoot.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2014, 09:18:50 am »

Axxle2 thinks I'm town. You can trust him, he's drunk.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2014, 09:23:38 am »

Vote: e

Gut instinct of someone trying to look like they have a townie plan.

(I actually think the shooting Axxle idea is good, but for some reason I don't trust e saying it.)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2014, 09:44:10 am »

Vote Count 1.2

silverspawn (1): sudgy
Hydrad (1): silverspawn
Witherweaver (1): XerxesPraelor
2.71828..... (2): Teproc, Witherweaver
XerxesPraelor (1): Axxle2
Axxle2 (1): 2.71828.....

Not Voting (4): Eevee, Hydrad, A Drowned Kernal, EgorK

Day 1 ends at 2pm FT on October 19th.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 11:55:51 am by AndrewisFTTW »
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2014, 11:50:07 am »

I hope Axxle is town. But we don't need him to be the gunbearer, we can just let him decide whom to shoot anyway. But that's for ADK to decide.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2014, 11:55:17 am »

I don't understand what's going on here. WHat has Axxle done to warrant all this "let Axxle decide" talk ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 20 queries.