Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30  All

Author Topic: f.ds Nomic 1 (Thread 3): liopoil's turn  (Read 68779 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: f.ds Nomic 1 (Thread 3): Voltaire's turn
« Reply #575 on: April 13, 2014, 11:52:59 pm »

I bid the fact that I gave you a point.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 13, 2014, 11:56:42 pm »

Fascinating bids! I will get my proposal up tomorrow, not tonight unfortunately, but I don't think it will slow the game too much.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 14, 2014, 12:36:19 am »

I bid that I'll give you proximity next time I don't forget.

(Actually, I just realized you can now propose whatever rule you feel like and a fix to the movement rule.  I think everybody wants that fixed so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.)
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 14, 2014, 09:07:19 am »

I bid 20, and the agreement that you can get my proximity for a mere 5.
... he can't even reach you. he can only move once, remember? that rule with the mistype?
...what happened while I was gone??? O.o

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 14, 2014, 11:48:03 pm »

I didn't have time to do a proposal today, either. If I don't have time tomorrow, I'll end my turn.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 15, 2014, 09:49:52 pm »

This is a draft. It probably has flaws. Please tell me them.

Draft of Rule 363:

In order to facilitate accurate and error-free recording-keeping, certain Offices will be created. Players may occupy any number of Offices concurrently. Players who occupy an Office are known as Officers. The actions of Officers do not constitute official rulings (they may make mistakes), but it is assumed they are making a good-faith effort to be accurate at all times.

Any time there is a vacant office, an election is triggered. Players vote in the form of "Vote: XX for YY" where XX refers to the player and YY refers to the office. The player with the majority of votes wins. In the case of a tie, a second vote will be triggered in which only the tied players are eligible to be voted for. If there is still a tie, the forum's random number generator will be used. NEED TO FINISH DESCRIBING THIS PROCESS.

Officers may resign at any time by posting "I resign as XX" in bold, where XX refers to the office(s) they hold. This will trigger an election for any vacated Offices.

Officers may be impeached. At any point a player may start an impeachment vote by posting "Impeach: XX" where XX refers to the player to be impeached. A 2/3 majority of players must vote to impeach a player. The impeachment vote will last until the end of the current turn. If a player is impeached, an election for any vacated Offices is triggered.

• Scorer - the Scorer keeps track of the points accumulated by each player.
  • Cartographer - the Cartographer keeps track of the map and all related aspects of the game.
  • Parliamentarian - the Parliamentarian maintains the rule-set.

Officers may keep records wherever they wish (as allowed within the rules), but it is expected that, whenever possible, they will do so using the Google Doc linked in the opening post. The owner of the opening post will do their best to keep it as up-to-date as possible based on the information provided by the Officers, but it should not be relied upon as the most current source of information.

All Officers receive N$10 each time the turn order passes the last player in the player list. If players hold multiple Offices, they receive the appropriate multiple salaries.

Draft of Rule 364:

Something that fixes the movement once-per-turn problem we created.

Impeachment is intended for when Officers stop performing their duties.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 15, 2014, 10:02:37 pm »

Proximity between H7 and I6

Good bid, Jimmmmm!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 15, 2014, 10:06:40 pm »

This is a draft. It probably has flaws. Please tell me them.

Draft of Rule 363:

In order to facilitate accurate and error-free recording-keeping, certain Offices will be created. Players may occupy any number of Offices concurrently. Players who occupy an Office are known as Officers. The actions of Officers do not constitute official rulings (they may make mistakes), but it is assumed they are making a good-faith effort to be accurate at all times.

Any time there is a vacant office, an election is triggered. Players vote in the form of "Vote: XX for YY" where XX refers to the player and YY refers to the office. The player with the majority of votes wins. In the case of a tie, a second vote will be triggered in which only the tied players are eligible to be voted for. If there is still a tie, the forum's random number generator will be used. NEED TO FINISH DESCRIBING THIS PROCESS.

Officers may resign at any time by posting "I resign as XX" in bold, where XX refers to the office(s) they hold. This will trigger an election for any vacated Offices.

Officers may be impeached. At any point a player may start an impeachment vote by posting "Impeach: XX" where XX refers to the player to be impeached. A 2/3 majority of players must vote to impeach a player. The impeachment vote will last until the end of the current turn. If a player is impeached, an election for any vacated Offices is triggered.

• Cartographer - the Cartographer keeps track of the map and all related aspects of the game.

Officers may keep records wherever they wish (as allowed within the rules), but it is expected that, whenever possible, they will do so using the Google Doc linked in the opening post. The owner of the opening post will do their best to keep it as up-to-date as possible based on the information provided by the Officers, but it should not be relied upon as the most current source of information.

All Officers receive N$10 each time the turn order passes the last player in the player list. If players hold multiple Offices, they receive the appropriate multiple salaries.

Draft of Rule 364:

Impeachment is intended for when Officers stop performing their duties.

Questions and fixes:

Should we have an Accountant or Banker that deals with money?
The vote: xx for yy and impeach: xx need to be in bold.
The forum's dice rolling system is what it actually is.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 15, 2014, 10:07:46 pm »

Treasure chest at L9

I've never done a die roll before, so this will be interesting:

'200' is not a valid dice string!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 15, 2014, 10:09:52 pm »

Rolled 1d200 : 53, total 53

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: April 15, 2014, 11:16:23 pm »

Current draft, incorporating mail-mi's input and some other fixes/clarifications. Read this one instead.

Draft of Rule 363:

In order to facilitate accurate and error-free record-keeping, certain Offices will be maintained. Players may occupy any number of Offices concurrently. Players who occupy an Office are known as Officers. The actions of Officers do not constitute official rulings (they may make mistakes), but it is assumed they are making a good-faith effort to be accurate at all times.

Any time there is a vacant Office, an election is immediately triggered. Eligible voters will vote by posting in thread. Votes should be presented in the form "Vote: XX for YY" or Vote: Abstain on YY (where XX refers to the player and YY refers to the office). Once any player has achieved over half of the eligible voters who didn't Vote: Abstain, the election ends and that player wins. If an Office has been in the voting stage for 36 hours or more and has not been resolved, all players who have not yet voted are not considered eligible voters (for this vote). This effectively ends the vote with only players currently voting. The player with the majority of votes wins. In the case of a tie, a second vote will be triggered in which only the tied players are eligible to be voted for. If there is still a tie, the forum's dice roll function will be used. Any player may roll a 1dX (where X represents the number of players tied). The tied players are sorted in alphabetical order and assigned numbers in ascending order to represent them in this roll (if Bob and Alice are tied, a 1d2 is rolled, with 1 representing Alice and 2 representing Bob). The player who wins the die roll wins the election.

During any Office election, no voters are eligible to end the turn. This clause overrides all rules relating to who has authority to end a turn.

Officers may be impeached. At any point a player may start an impeachment vote by posting "Impeach: XX" (where XX refers to the player to be impeached). The impeachment vote will last until all players have voted or the current turn ends. If 2/3rds of all players are voting for impeachment at the time the vote ends, the impeachment succeeds. If a player is impeached, an election for any vacated Offices is triggered.

Offices:
  • Banker - the Banker keeps track of each player's money.

In a situation where it is unclear which Officer should be doing the tracking, the Officers should discuss the situation and decide amongst themselves. If they cannot agree, any player may invoke Judgement and the Judge will assign the task to the Officer he deems appropriate.

Draft of Rule 364:

You'll note that Impeachment votes are halted when turns end. This is working-as-designed - if someone is constantly trying to impeach people, they can't slow down the game by causing hundreds of impeachment votes.

For 364, I am willing to accept anyone's ready-to-go legislative language. Otherwise, I won't be getting around to fixing that this turn.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 15, 2014, 11:28:19 pm »

Draft 363 sounds good. I'd add counting Legacy points to the Scorers tasks.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 16, 2014, 07:05:32 am »

Suggestion:
Rename jobs to fit dominion:
Parliamentarian -> Bureaucrat
Scorer -> ?? Councelor?
Banker -> Moneylander

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 16, 2014, 07:06:09 am »

And I wanna be the Cartographer!

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 16, 2014, 07:18:48 am »

I have a feeling I'm going to end up as the Jack of All Trades.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 18, 2014, 05:57:23 pm »

Oh my god, I'm so sorry about this everyone!

Here's the final:

Proposed Rule 363:

In order to facilitate accurate and error-free record-keeping, certain Offices will be maintained. Players may occupy any number of Offices concurrently. Players who occupy an Office are known as Officers. The actions of Officers do not constitute official rulings (they may make mistakes), but it is assumed they are making a good-faith effort to be accurate at all times.

Any time there is a vacant Office, an election is immediately triggered. Eligible voters will vote by posting in thread. Votes should be presented in the form "Vote: XX for YY" or Vote: Abstain on YY (where XX refers to the player and YY refers to the office). Once any player has achieved over half of the eligible voters who didn't Vote: Abstain, the election ends and that player wins. If an Office has been in the voting stage for 36 hours or more and has not been resolved, all players who have not yet voted are not considered eligible voters (for this vote). This effectively ends the vote with only players currently voting. The player with the majority of votes wins. In the case of a tie, a second vote will be triggered in which only the tied players are eligible to be voted for. If there is still a tie, the forum's dice roll function will be used. Any player may roll a 1dX (where X represents the number of players tied). The tied players are sorted in alphabetical order and assigned numbers in ascending order to represent them in this roll (if Bob and Alice are tied, a 1d2 is rolled, with 1 representing Alice and 2 representing Bob). The player who wins the die roll wins the election.

During any Office election, no voters are eligible to end the turn. This clause overrides all rules relating to who has authority to end a turn.

Officers may be impeached. At any point a player may start an impeachment vote by posting "Impeach: XX" (where XX refers to the player to be impeached). The impeachment vote will last until all players have voted or the current turn ends. If 2/3rds of all players are voting for impeachment at the time the vote ends, the impeachment succeeds. If a player is impeached, an election for any vacated Offices is triggered.

Offices:
  • Steward - the Steward keeps track of the points and Legacy Points accumulated by each player.
  • Bureaucrat  - the Bureaucrat  maintains the rule-set.
  • Moneylender - the Moneylender keeps track of each player's money.

In a situation where it is unclear which Officer should be doing the tracking, the Officers should discuss the situation and decide amongst themselves. If they cannot agree, any player may invoke Judgement and the Judge will assign the task to the Officer he deems appropriate.

Please note that if this passes, we will immediately start voting on Officers - no-one will be able to end the turn until we fill them (at least, if I wrote the rule right).

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 18, 2014, 05:58:25 pm »

Also, I'll throw my name out for Bureaucrat. I'll also be anything that no-body else wants to do, if that situation should happen to arise. But just Bureaucrat would be best.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 18, 2014, 06:42:10 pm »

vote: yes on rule 363
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 19, 2014, 01:21:09 am »

vote: yes on 363

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 19, 2014, 02:49:17 am »

Vote: Yes on Rule 363

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 19, 2014, 07:23:00 am »

Vote: Yes on 363
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 19, 2014, 10:51:27 am »

If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 19, 2014, 11:46:57 am »

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 19, 2014, 11:48:13 am »

And thus the rule did pass.

Vote: Voltaire for Bureaucrat

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 19, 2014, 11:59:53 am »

Didnt read it completely but w/e.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.