Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 61  All

Author Topic: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (Serial Killer wins!)  (Read 131447 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: MXL: The Philosopher's Mafia (D1 starts!)
« Reply #250 on: April 01, 2014, 11:32:49 am »

So it seems like people have stopped talking about theory and have are now talking about whether people should be lynched for wanting to talk about theory or not wanting to talk about theory, but...

People have brought up the possibility of number-claiming, and isn't that something we'd pretty much have to do day one in order for it to be useful? I assume that information isn't included in the flip. For that matter, would a converted SK flip as such, or would they flip as a VT?

As to who's scummy or not: it's hard to tell since most of the talk has been theory talk (besides the random wagon on Andrew) or people arguing over whether theory talk is good or not, and I have no real experience with that matter- I've never been in a game where a mass claim happened early on. I do find Axxle a little scummy for his repeated "I'll be back when theory talk is over", you can talk about stuff while other people are talking you know, or even try to stop them from doing it. Making excuses to lurk at the very least seems anti-town.

Vote: Axxle

This is a deceptively empty post. Vote: ADK
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 01, 2014, 11:33:09 am »

Make town reveal stuff?

Like what? Like who the SK might be... that sounds like it is worth knowing...  And for what?

Does anyone take Teproc seriously here? This is a policy vote and he is trying to make us think otherwise... or at least it started as one and now he is trying to skew it to make it legitimate...

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 01, 2014, 11:34:14 am »

Yuma, I'm not really paying attention to it. I don't think his case has merit, but I don't know that he's scummy for it. I think you're trying to win the argument too hard.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 01, 2014, 11:35:26 am »

Yuma, I'm not really paying attention to it. I don't think his case has merit, but I don't know that he's scummy for it. I think you're trying to win the argument too hard.

fine. unvote

let me know when you want my input

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2014, 11:35:44 am »

Make town reveal stuff?

Like what? Like who the SK might be... that sounds like it is worth knowing...  And for what?

Does anyone take Teproc seriously here? This is a policy vote and he is trying to make us think otherwise... or at least it started as one and now he is trying to skew it to make it legitimate...

How about you respond to what I just posted ? It is not a policy vote. You are atempting to discredit me because, what, you think I'm an easy mislynch ?

Well I doubt I'll be moving my vote any time soon. Everything about yuma's reaction to my vote tell me he's scum. This is actually textbook OMGUS, attacking the credibility of someone who votes for you by saying he doesn't make sense and is therefore scum.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 01, 2014, 11:36:29 am »

Oh uh. This is actually a scum!yuma trait.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 01, 2014, 11:37:06 am »

He's doing much more than that though. He's not trying to win the argument (that would be townie I think), he's trying to artificially make it look like my argument is nonexistent and therefore scummy. You should definitely be paying attention to it.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 01, 2014, 11:39:49 am »

Oh uh. This is actually a scum!yuma trait.

What is ?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 01, 2014, 11:44:52 am »

He's doing much more than that though. He's not trying to win the argument (that would be townie I think), he's trying to artificially make it look like my argument is nonexistent and therefore scummy. You should definitely be paying attention to it.

I think that's the opposite of a scum yuma trait.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 01, 2014, 11:45:11 am »

... or, as normal people call it, a town yuma trait!

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 01, 2014, 11:46:08 am »

Well you have a pretty low opinion of town!yuma I guess.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 01, 2014, 11:54:35 am »

Well you have a pretty low opinion of town!yuma I guess.

Kinda regret posting that, it's a bit trolly, sorry.

To clarify : I do think town!yuma easily gets bogged down in those kind of arguments, but he way he's doing it here (trying to discredit me rather than actualy having a conversation) feels scummy.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 01, 2014, 11:59:18 am »

Here's the Teproc-yuma exchange from my POV (since I have been following it, and just reviewed it):
1. Teproc votes for yuma because of theory-talk, being "too revealing".
2. Teproc says, oh btw theory-talk is even more scummy from "anit-claim yuma".
3. yuma says Teproc is trying to make a policy-vote sound more serious than it is.
4. Teproc says that the theory-talk was always scummy because it looks like a scum-ploy
5. yuma says Teproc is post-vote justifying, which is scummy, and has nothing to do with theory-talk.
6. Teproc says yuma is scummy because he's trying to artificially make the argument look like nothing.

I don't see much scummy going on here.  Just bad argumentation.
vote: Voltaire, I find his dropping in to encourage teproc to continue pursuing yuma with wuick one-liners of "yeah that's scum-yuma" to be the scummiest thing happening by a long-shot.  scumScore: 30

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 01, 2014, 11:59:59 am »

wuick=quick

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 01, 2014, 12:05:12 pm »

vote: voltaire

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 01, 2014, 12:06:29 pm »

vote: voltaire

Now you're just taunting me.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 01, 2014, 12:09:07 pm »

What's the deal with your scum score thing? What is that on a scale of, 1 to 100?

The fight between Teproc and yuma seems like the sort of thing that happens a lot in these games, where a vote sets off an exchange and people start talking about people's reactions being scummy and it just sort of escalates. My general thought on these things, and my feel for this one in particular, is that they're usual between two town players, and that scum is more likely to step in and try to subtly provoke them to make one or both seem scummier for being emotional. So theorel might have a point about Voltaire, and I'm leaning townie on Robz for his stance on it.

What I would like to hear from Robz is his thoughts on the random wagon on Andrew thing. It seems like you were looking for some particular response there, but it just kind of got forgotten.

PPE: 2 Hrm well that's interesting. That was a really quick sheep, but on a player I do find slightly scummy. But that's way scummier.

Vote: Yuma
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 01, 2014, 12:11:25 pm »

What I would like to hear from Robz is his thoughts on the random wagon on Andrew thing. It seems like you were looking for some particular response there, but it just kind of got forgotten.

Yeah well, as you say, I was looking for a reaction. I like to put people on the spot. Andrew couldn't even vote for a random person? Kinda rubs me the wrong way. I think a mini wagon was pretty justified, though it's not like a very big deal. Sort of meh all the way around.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 01, 2014, 12:13:50 pm »

vote: adk theorel just did what is really needed when two people start arguing and found there's really not a lot there and then Adk votes Yuma. Looks scummy to me.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 01, 2014, 12:17:00 pm »

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 01, 2014, 12:17:04 pm »

What's the deal with your scum score thing? What is that on a scale of, 1 to 100?

Yes, scale of 100.  Essentially the probability with which I think someone will flip scum.  It essentially automatically answers the question: "but HOW scummy do you find this player".  I prefer to lynch players that hit around a 40, but I'll lynch anyone at 15 or over at deadline.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 01, 2014, 12:17:50 pm »

I'm really torn about ADK here.

On the one hand I read his Axxle vote like an attempt by a townie to move away from my fight with yuma. It felt forced (and I certainly see why Robz called his post empty), but it felt forced like a townie trying to contribute, if that makes sense. I did that kind of posts a lot in DoP (which got me lynched, but I was town).

But then the vote on yuma now, considering Voltaire is voting for yuma and ADK thinks Voltaire is scummy... that doesn't look good. Especially since ADK was super townie in Super Mario (to me at least) so I don't expect him to look scummy as town...

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 01, 2014, 12:18:22 pm »

PPE: 2 Hrm well that's interesting. That was a really quick sheep, but on a player I do find slightly scummy. But that's way scummier.

Vote: Yuma

Why is it scummy?

Robz doesn't want me to try so hard, so sheeping seems like the way to do it... Plus it is a very good point!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 01, 2014, 12:19:52 pm »

Also I agree with everything robz is saying.

As in I think Yuma is acting much like town!yuma(in a good way)

Town reads on theorel/robz/Yuma/Andrew
Scum reads on Adk/voltaire
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 17 queries.