Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Game Over; Town Wins!  (Read 101204 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Day1
« Reply #375 on: February 03, 2014, 09:16:21 am »

Arch can you put your vote back?  If the others are going to put Voltaire at L-1, then ashersky should be too.

Also, this. Can't you have Archetype decide on his own when's a good time to vote, and for whom?

It was a polite request.  He was free to say no.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 03, 2014, 09:42:49 am »

Stares at his feet and mutters under his breath
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 03, 2014, 10:09:30 am »

I feel very confident that this is town!Voltaire.  And being less sure of ashersky's alignment is important for two reasons.  1.  I don't want to kill town if it can be prevented.  And 2. if Voltaire is lynched then there is the chance his role falls into mafia hands.  I don't know if ash is scum, I'd say 60/40 he's town, but if these are our choices I think he is the better lynch.

You point 2 is absolutely not a reason to vote ashersky, but a reason to vote Voltaire! It is not a bad thing if Voltaire's role falls into town hands because that would mean that scum trades in their PR (if it's ashersky, then likely Redirector - his claim is probably true regardless of alignment) for a role that does nothing for them expect increase their chances to be lynched. OTOH, if Voltaire is scum and we don't lynch him, the scum team will now have a Redirector at use.

you missed my point.  I think Voltaire is town.  I am not worried about him getting ashersky's power.

Right then, what was your point?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 03, 2014, 10:10:10 am »

Also EFHW, how on earth can you be so sure about someone's alignment D1?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 03, 2014, 10:16:07 am »

Also EFHW, how on earth can you be so sure about someone's alignment D1?

I'm not sure.  It's certainly not typical of me.  But there it is, I feel like Voltaire is town.  Not that his actions have been towny or not, but that his posts feel like town!Voltaire to me.

My point that you missed was nothing more than what I already said - that I'm more worried about ashersky than Voltaire being scum.  Your example was for all things being equal, ashersky's power is more dangerous, and I was saying all things are not equal because I am more sure of Voltaire than ashersky.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 03, 2014, 10:18:12 am »

I do see what you are saying, though, that ashersky having the gladiator role is not that dangerous for town, since ashersky has enough suspicion on him that he is just as or more likely to get lynched than the person he picks.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 03, 2014, 10:20:55 am »

I'm surprised at how quiet Jotheonah has been.  He was so active in the last game I played with him.  Eevee seems to have dropped into the background as well.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 03, 2014, 10:26:17 am »

Voltaire moved the center of attention to him and ash.. and I think it's pretty well known I think both are town.

I'd lynch out of the pool of background players if I could, but Voltaire and ashersky both being town are my strongest reads easily.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 03, 2014, 10:54:58 am »

So, to players voting for ashersky, I'm hoping you could answer me some questions.

Voltaire not picking a different target is really the only thing that's stopping me from voting for ashersky. However, after thinking about it a lot more I'm going to vote for ash.

Here's why:

- Scummy behavior: Since he claimed negative utility I've had a scumread on him. His claim seemed totally truthful, but that doesn't make him Town.

What exactly about ashersky's behaviour does make you think he's scum?

- Least Likely to Flip Scum: Power-wise, of course. I find it very unlikely that Yuma would make a Gladiator scum in this small of a game. Based on my power, I also think Voltaire is more likely to be Town.

I wonder how your power would indicate Voltaire's alignment. But if you don't want to reveal that, fine. Just let me ask: Why shouldn't there be a scum Gladiator in this game? For all we know, Voltaire could be lying about the exact nature of his role (i.e. it could not be compulsive).

- Inheritence Business: Goes along with the last one. I'm pretty sure Voltaire is Town and wouldn't use the power. Ash getting Gladiator wouldn't really do anything.

That's not a reason to vote ashersky at all. You're saying it doesn't matter who gets which power, so there's no reason why this would make you prefer an ashersky lynch. And again, what makes you so sure that Voltaire is town?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 03, 2014, 10:57:13 am »

I go with Vote: Ashersky.
For basicly the same reason as EFHW.
I think Voltaire is town. I am leaning town on Ashersky as well, but I am more confident in the Voltaire read.

What makes you believe that Voltaire is town? Are you still considering switching your vote?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 03, 2014, 11:05:44 am »

I'm surprised at how quiet Jotheonah has been.  He was so active in the last game I played with him.  Eevee seems to have dropped into the background as well.

A couple of different reasons for that, some IRL.

Ok. Everyone seems to have a scummy read on faust. But faust is vehemently arguing against an ash lynch. So, if faust is scum, we should lynch ash, right? But people who find faust scummy (myself included) are voting Voltaire.

I think faust's advocacy is really important, because he's the only one who seems to have a strong opinion about this challenge one way or another -- he seems to be arguing with a suspicious amount of conviction, which to me says scum pair (or town neighbors, I guess?)

So I'm thinking about switching votes here. But I'm weary of calling teams day one, of course.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 03, 2014, 11:16:38 am »

Fine, I'll reveal the reason why I think ashersky is town.

I am Tony Wonder, Magic Bodyguarder.

Each night, I can act as a Bodyguard, saving a player from a night kill. Or I can force someone to bodyguard me. That way, if I would die that night, they die instead.

Now what does this have to do with ashersky, you ask? Easy:

ashersky can redirect everything but kills to him and from him. I, on the other hand, can redirect kills to me or from me. So ashersky's role mirrors my role in a neat way, and thus I think he is also town.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 03, 2014, 11:22:53 am »

three claims and no actual Bluths? For reference, there are 9 actual Bluth family members, 11 if you count Oscar and Annyong. So this I find suspicious. I f I were designing a 9-player Arested Development mafia game, I would probably include the 9 Bluths, vis a vis:

Lucille Bluth
George Sr.
Michael
Gob
Buster
Lindsay
Tobias
George Michael
Maibe

So, without saying anything about my own role flavor, I have to wonder if one or more of these claims isn't a fake claim. Or if there's just some weird mod-trolling here.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 03, 2014, 11:23:21 am »

Voltaire's scum partner is likely voting me, I think.  Unless enough townies are incorrect about me that he can safely bus.  Of the ashersky voters, I'd actually rank their scumminess in the order of the votes placed.  For Voltaire voters, the inverse (so faust is scummiest, down to Eevee).

I thought you said the opposite of this earlier?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 03, 2014, 11:25:57 am »

I'd suggest Voltaire do the same.  Popsquizzes from everyone would be nice, but I think Voltaire at least should be required.

Agreed. This is all assuming I am right about ash.

Townish: xeiron, jotheonah
Null: Eevee, Archetype, EFHW, Walrus
Scumish: faust
Scum: ash

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 03, 2014, 11:27:59 am »

Voltaire, can you elaborate on your scumread on Ashersky now?

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I didn't even realize this had happened.

Remember how ash furiously went 100% insane that faust was scum over faust's "ash is the best mislynch" comment, and ash turned out to be town? Well, someone did this in that game and ash went "Hmm, ok, I disagree"

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 03, 2014, 11:28:24 am »

And by "that game" I mean in this game, I forget who it was.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 03, 2014, 11:32:44 am »

Remember how ash furiously went 100% insane that faust was scum over faust's "ash is the best mislynch" comment, and ash turned out to be town? Well, someone did this in that game and ash went "Hmm, ok, I disagree"

Do you remember how I was town that game? Maybe this caused ash to reconsider his convictions. Also, where did this happen?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 03, 2014, 11:33:15 am »

OK, just got to faust's claim. Honestly, at this point, I don't know what to think. Because faust thinks ash is town for mostly the same reason I think ash is scum (speculation based on our own roles).

I think think think this means ash and faust can't be partners, as I don't see faust defending his partner so strongly on D1. If that were the case, why claim a role, why not just keep trying to convince Walrus to vote me, which it seems he is likely to do?

So actually I guess that means faust is more likely town right now.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 03, 2014, 11:53:09 am »

faust do you actually think Voltaire is scum?  Because earlier you said that you didn't think scum!Voltaire would have mentioned the role-switching thing if he wanted ash's redirector role, and later you said scum would want the redirector role.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 03, 2014, 11:58:54 am »

faust do you actually think Voltaire is scum?  Because earlier you said that you didn't think scum!Voltaire would have mentioned the role-switching thing if he wanted ash's redirector role, and later you said scum would want the redirector role.

I think Voltaire is more likely scum than ashersky, but most likely both are town.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 03, 2014, 12:05:31 pm »

Found it. It was jotheonah, and ash reacted way more normally. In fact I think both ash and I have a town read on joth?

I like this, actually. Town buddying is a classic fuzzy tactic, IIRC from before my hiatus.

But I'm apt to leave my vote where it is right now, because Eevee's PR, if town, could be anything, whereas Ash's PR, if town, is admittedly negative utility. Being as it's day 1, I'd rather champion the low-risk lynch.

Why would you champion a mislynch on purpose, though?  Wouldn't you prefer to look for scum?

I mean, if I'm lynched, it's definitely okay for town, as far as relative powers go.  I'm not so okay with it though, given I'm town, and I really don't want to be out of my only game so fast.

Has everyone posted that's in this game?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 03, 2014, 01:37:36 pm »

Does this support or contradict your read on ashersky?  I don't get what you are trying to say here.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 03, 2014, 01:38:50 pm »

Does this support or contradict your read on ashersky?  I don't get what you are trying to say here.

Supports. I'm explaining what my ongoing-game-based read was (that he behaved completely differently in the same situation as town in DW2).

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 03, 2014, 02:19:57 pm »

Your case boils down to "ash isn't being crazy enough, must be scum."  Or maybe things got too heated recently in games and I'm cognizant of that?  I'd say I'm less argumentative as a whole this game.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 49  All

Page created in 1.698 seconds with 20 queries.