Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 61  All

Author Topic: RMM 28: Simply Simpler Simple Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 139426 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 28: Simply Simpler Simple Mafia (Day3)
« Reply #825 on: November 12, 2015, 02:15:01 pm »

Vote Count 3.6

witherweaver (2): pps, Hydrad
Roadrunner (1): WW
PPS (3): faust, Xerxes, iguanaiguana
Xerxes (1): Ampharos

Not Voting (3): EgorK, Jimmmmm, RR

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 12, 2015, 02:21:27 pm »

Have you met PPS before?

I don't remember town!PPS fakeclaiming on purpose. Care to show me a game where he did that?

Well, I don't know about fake claiming, but certainly crazy claiming a la Dice Mafia.

So you have nothing to back up your read. Cool.

After our neighborhood conversation, I thought he was town.  Day 2 didn't change that; I thought his statement about Jimmmm was due to continued confusion on what his role actually gave.

Now I don't really know.  But what I see is a bunch of stuff that doesn't make sense.

Care to explain your vote on Roadrunner?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 12, 2015, 02:23:46 pm »

He's scummy; I've talked about this.  The faux concern for wagons really won me over.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 12, 2015, 03:00:32 pm »

Actually, no I think I understand. Your role isn't actually a cop - it simply gives the result of whether a person's role is good for town or bad for town. But then why does your result on WW mean he's scum?

Guilty means this person's win condition is not in line with Town. Not Guilty means this person's win condition is inline with town.
Survivor looks like a role which has both attributes. Someone else suggested this possibility and it certainly made sense to me. If Jimmmmm is a survivor I can see why he would not want to claim it and also why there's no necessity to lynch him. It does however make him a decent lynch candidate. I say the result is informative while everyone else seems to dismiss it as obviously tampered.
It looks to me like there can be werewolves, cultists and serial killers in the game, so I think with some funky role combination getting dual results is well within reason.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 12, 2015, 03:03:51 pm »

At the same time, Witherweaver is sitting here acting like somehow you are still likely to flip town, making me think that scum!WW is just prepping a story for when we lynch you and you do flip with a town copping role. At that point he can say, look guys! I thought he was town! Don't lynch me, it was just a bad result!

So, you do you see exactly how this is his best scum gambit today now that he is outed, then!

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 12, 2015, 03:04:21 pm »

Can you at least claim whether your role is actually an alignment cop or whether it's something else? Because you said before it was a strict cop, but if it is a strict cop, then getting contradictory results should be impossible.

This plz!  PPS, you're confusing me...  :-\

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 12, 2015, 03:07:17 pm »

At the same time, Witherweaver is sitting here acting like somehow you are still likely to flip town, making me think that scum!WW is just prepping a story for when we lynch you and you do flip with a town copping role. At that point he can say, look guys! I thought he was town! Don't lynch me, it was just a bad result!

This.

I know, RIGHT?

SO:

This is what I say to town!PPS

You are playing in such a way that is likely to get you lynched and your lynch target off the hook! WHY?

How is immediately claiming a cop result, voting that result, maintaining that vote, and consistently arguing for this lynch playing to get my lynch target off the hook?
My only issue is the remote possibility my results are bad because if so I made us kill a townie and then I get killed which will be terrible. But I feel good about the result so I maintain that killing WW is good for everyone but scum. Claiming the result was certain death for me no matter how I slice it. Are you insinuating I should not have claimed the result?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 12, 2015, 03:11:59 pm »

I am done trying to talk reason to someone who sounds more and more like he is lying. It is not good for my mental health.

I believe we should see whether you are town or not by the end of the day. I've heard enough to know that my vote at least will not move again.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 12, 2015, 03:13:05 pm »

Can you at least claim whether your role is actually an alignment cop or whether it's something else? Because you said before it was a strict cop, but if it is a strict cop, then getting contradictory results should be impossible.

This plz!  PPS, you're confusing me...  :-\

The role power/modifier/whatever you want to call it is "Copping". "Copping" is the first word in a 3 word role. When I first got the results on Jimmmmm I queried the mod about what the "Guilty" and "Not Guilty" verdicts meant I got an answer that specifically used the word "alignment" So, yes, it is an alignment tell. AFAIK we can't quote mod text so I think I've taken this as far as I can because there really wasn't much at all left to the interchange.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 12, 2015, 03:14:02 pm »

Actually, no I think I understand. Your role isn't actually a cop - it simply gives the result of whether a person's role is good for town or bad for town. But then why does your result on WW mean he's scum?

Guilty means this person's win condition is not in line with Town. Not Guilty means this person's win condition is inline with town.
Survivor looks like a role which has both attributes. Someone else suggested this possibility and it certainly made sense to me. If Jimmmmm is a survivor I can see why he would not want to claim it and also why there's no necessity to lynch him. It does however make him a decent lynch candidate. I say the result is informative while everyone else seems to dismiss it as obviously tampered.
It looks to me like there can be werewolves, cultists and serial killers in the game, so I think with some funky role combination getting dual results is well within reason.

If you Cop a Survivor you should certainly get a Guilty (i.e., not Town) result. 

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: November 12, 2015, 03:15:02 pm »

I am done trying to talk reason to someone who sounds more and more like he is lying. It is not good for my mental health.

I believe we should see whether you are town or not by the end of the day. I've heard enough to know that my vote at least will not move again.

You're not talking reason. You said I am playing in such a way that would get my lynch target off the hook. You refuse to indicate what not doing so would look like that isn't exactly what I am doing.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 12, 2015, 03:15:27 pm »

If you Cop a Survivor you should certainly get a Guilty (i.e., not Town) result.

Okay, so what if he is a Seraph Knight Survivor?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 12, 2015, 03:16:57 pm »

Then the result would be Guilty, because he's not town-aligned.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 12, 2015, 03:17:22 pm »

-.-
This is my answer:
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 12, 2015, 03:17:38 pm »

Also you cannot know this for certainty. You know why? Because I asked exactly this question to the mod and got the rules shown to me that explained how such things will not be revealed. So, if I can't know it neither can you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: November 12, 2015, 03:18:25 pm »

Seraph Knight does not give an alignment... why would you even think that it would?

A Seraph knight Survivor would have the Survivor win-con, which is explicitly not a Town win-con. Seraph Knight is just like a perma bodyguard. 

PPEs

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 12, 2015, 03:18:58 pm »

Also you cannot know this for certainty. You know why? Because I asked exactly this question to the mod and got the rules shown to me that explained how such things will not be revealed. So, if I can't know it neither can you.

Huh?  That's just standard Mafia.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 12, 2015, 03:19:19 pm »

-.-
This is my answer:

When this game is over and you see that I wasn't lying will it cause you to question your godlike knowledge of setups in the future or will you forever assume you just have it all sorted out just perfectly?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 12, 2015, 03:25:04 pm »

Why did you wait so long to propose this possible explanation?  When I asked you before, you said you didn't have any way to explain the result, but now you seem to say that you considered this Survivor thing before. 

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 12, 2015, 03:25:24 pm »

You're not talking reason. You said I am playing in such a way that would get my lynch target off the hook. You refuse to indicate what not doing so would look like that isn't exactly what I am doing.

You are ignoring all comments that point out inconsistencies in your story and logic, making subtle changes to your story as it is subjected to scrutiny, and maintaining that keeping most details of your story must be shrouded in secrecy for everyone else's good.

If you ARE town, these would be the the things that are getting your lynch target off the hook.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 12, 2015, 03:31:37 pm »

He's scummy; I've talked about this.  The faux concern for wagons really won me over.
By trying to lynch me, you are not helping the town.
Therefore, scum or not, you're not really helping the town.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 12, 2015, 03:51:21 pm »

Checking in.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 12, 2015, 04:04:36 pm »

Why did you wait so long to propose this possible explanation?  When I asked you before, you said you didn't have any way to explain the result, but now you seem to say that you considered this Survivor thing before.

Hmm. Actually, RoadRunner through out the idea it could happen if Jimmmmm werre a Survivor when I first questioned how it could happen and I thought it was an obvious answer not only to me but everyone else at the time. At that point I took a look at other possible configurations and it looked like there could be a few. I actually asked Jimmmmm to explain the result and he said he could not which is when I became suspicious of him. this is all well documented within the game so why are you trying to spin it as all of a sudden suspicious behavior for me?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 12, 2015, 04:07:41 pm »

I have exactly 1 wincon and it is the Town wincon.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 12, 2015, 04:09:41 pm »

Okay, I see, I was misremembering this post, or I just didn't fully read it the first time:

The point still stands that PPS clearly stated that he has two role, and each of them has a modifier attached. Then he said he's a Copping whatever. There is no modifier attached to Copping.

You are technically correct. I am, however, a modified thing doer and if you knew what thing was and how it was modified you could exploit the copping which is to say the copping is limited by the thing doing which I have yet to actually do. Also, if you knew the modifier you could exploit the thing doing itself which would effectively exploit the copping since you now know about the copping. All of this is to say it would really neutralize me to claim so I am not doing it even at L-1. Should I be lynched then Town can be sad after the fact because they will be just as sad when I claim and I am left alive and neutered.

Does anything in your role  help to explain your Jimmmm result?

No. It occurs to me that Jimmmmm has town and anti town roles. I suppose x y survivor where x or y is townish is a possibility.

He says that he does not have multiple roles and cannot explain the results. Either he is hiding or someone did something completely funky to me that night. I think it far more likely he is hiding something.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.