Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 161135 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 2 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #450 on: November 14, 2012, 10:00:08 pm »

Munch - why is there a Ppe?  You are quoting he last post before yours
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 14, 2012, 10:00:54 pm »

Munch - why is there a Ppe?  You are quoting he last post before yours

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 14, 2012, 10:01:24 pm »

Because he thought of the edit before hitting send?

Munch, I think that's a really bad approach also because scum players are generally just harder to lynch. Like really, gathering a lot of votes is a town trait in my opinion. Easy lynches are bad lynches, unless it's like super obvious.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 14, 2012, 10:06:58 pm »

Because he thought of the edit before hitting send?

Munch, I think that's a really bad approach also because scum players are generally just harder to lynch. Like really, gathering a lot of votes is a town trait in my opinion. Easy lynches are bad lynches, unless it's like super obvious.

Tthats why I think the Yuma case is solid.  I'm trying not to second guess myself.  But yes, it is precisely the fear of my vote not becoming my own that scares me.  I dont want mafia to be sitting watching me giggling know that I can be manipulated so easily.  WELL I CANT.  I AM A LOOSE CANNON.  Vote: Axxle!!! I mean Vote: Yuma

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 14, 2012, 11:08:05 pm »

you know, I could see the Eevee lynch too. Especially after getting all defensive at L4. But at this point, the inability of the town to lynch yuma is making him look even scummier. Like Eevee said, scum are hard to lynch.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 14, 2012, 11:10:58 pm »

you know, I could see the Eevee lynch too. Especially after getting all defensive at L4. But at this point, the inability of the town to lynch yuma is making him look even scummier. Like Eevee said, scum are hard to lynch.
The thing is, yuma lynch looked inevitable at one point. Like it was moving towards that direction really fast. He looked very easy to lynch then, I called people out on it and it slowed down basically. (OK YEAH NOT 100% WHAT HAPPENED BUT YOU KNOW.)

But of course you'd want me gone, fearing I might come after you later.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 14, 2012, 11:23:16 pm »

If I had to pick a scumteam here, it would be eevee + ashersky, probably with a joth kicker - but picking scumteams is stupid.

I'm happy with my vote.  Go reread eevee from the perspective of scum trying not to ruffle feathers and suck up to town.

any reason you are picking eevee over ash or jot, especially ash? Mostly I am asking because the other two players already have votes on them (1 on ash, 2 on jot).

TheMunch you really just seem like a townie who is stuck on believing that I am scum. I think it was said elsewhere--hey you referenced a game, so I can too--, I think in MIX, that it is really easy to just be lead into one of Volt's analysis. He puts them together really well, makes connections that other don't see. But they aren't 100% accurate. In fact Voltgloss only has a 28% correct lynch percentage. Now, I don't expect you to just disbelieve him based off that. But I would ask you to take a look around elsewhere, do some rereads on other players and don't just blindly follow Volt... I have no idea whether Volt is town or scum. He is super hard to read. But take off your blinders for a bit--you dont' have to unvote--just see if there is a better option out there. I think once you do that, you will see that I am not the best lynch option.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 14, 2012, 11:24:49 pm »

ash, did you even read my post?

Yes, you decided option 3 or 4 made the most sense, so at most only 1 scum on the wagon.  So you focused off-wagon, which is fine.  BUT!  You decided of the on-wagon folks, joth was the likely scum.  No reasoning for that, or why it wouldn't be Munch or Yuma.

So yes, I read it, and the answer to my questions weren't there.

Joth is a gut feel, based on eevees interaction with him, and what I saw of him as I retread the other 5. 

Obv. Ou won't agree with my read on you, but how do you feel about the case on my #1 scum read-Eevee?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 14, 2012, 11:28:06 pm »

There is a glaring Axxle-shaped hole in this discussion.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 14, 2012, 11:29:15 pm »

If I had to pick a scumteam here, it would be eevee + ashersky, probably with a joth kicker - but picking scumteams is stupid.

I'm happy with my vote.  Go reread eevee from the perspective of scum trying not to ruffle feathers and suck up to town.

any reason you are picking eevee over ash or jot, especially ash? Mostly I am asking because the other two players already have votes on them (1 on ash, 2 on jot).

Well, I was already voting Eevee.  I haven't fully reread anyone on the wagon, so I don't have a super strong feeling on joth, and even that was based on Eevee interaction.

Asher is someone I'm never confident in my reads on.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 14, 2012, 11:39:44 pm »

TheMunch you really just seem like a townie who is stuck on believing that I am scum. I think it was said elsewhere--hey you referenced a game, so I can too--, I think in MIX, that it is really easy to just be lead into one of Volt's analysis. He puts them together really well, makes connections that other don't see. But they aren't 100% accurate. In fact Voltgloss only has a 28% correct lynch percentage. Now, I don't expect you to just disbelieve him based off that. But I would ask you to take a look around elsewhere, do some rereads on other players and don't just blindly follow Volt... I have no idea whether Volt is town or scum. He is super hard to read. But take off your blinders for a bit--you dont' have to unvote--just see if there is a better option out there. I think once you do that, you will see that I am not the best lynch option.

I see what you are saying regarding volts case but I did come to it independently (despite the fact that my vote on you was after his case).  I did, in my post, say that I was posting specifically without having read the thread yet.  That being said I think volt made the case better than me, but I am def not following him blindly.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 14, 2012, 11:47:49 pm »

Hey guys.  Today IRL has been RIDICULOUS for me (in a not good way... I hate how expensive cars are... they are stupid) so I apologize for not posting.  I would have loved to post last night if it had opened while I was still awake but c'est la vie.

I still have a lot to reread (I've only really made it through the beginning of the day) but I can make a few comments on my emotions pre/during/post night:

-Yay we lynched scum and I was on the wagon!  Thats a first for me! (3 games that aren't even finished is hardly a large sample size but...)
-NO! We lynched SK.  Town is Screwed.
-Nuuuuuu I was wrong about CF.  I was really SK hunting, I just really thought I had stumbled upon him because of how similar I felt he was playing to myself in XI.  I really wanted to be right about that one, at least for a personal victory.  Him not being SK gives me a strong town read on him.
-Thought about Galz being dead some more.  Town is really screwed.
-*reread wagon on Galz* Wow that was really fast.  Yuma hammering looks REALLY REALLY without giving Galz the chance to unvote.  I know its a bad idea to vote self and thats a large part of why I voted for him.  But to take advantage of killing him because his vote is still on him is rather scummy.  Galz was being scummy enough that we almost certainly could have lynched him without his own support.  Now we have one less person on the wagon to analyze.  For shame Yuma.  Will vote Yuma when I am sure I am not hammering.
Don't like this post.  Says a whole lot of nothing.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 14, 2012, 11:51:44 pm »

I'm feeling very uneasy about this whole lynch to be honest. I do see the case, but when are these snapwagons ever scum?

I'm not voting, and I'm not threatening to, but in this game, day 1 we lynched scum with a snapwagon?
Should have said mafia, not scum there obviously. You see why it's different, right?

I do, and I also make the same switch... i was just being a prick, which is consistent with my meta.
I don't see the point of mentioning meta here.  Eevee isn't calling him scum for that post.  It's way too defensive. 
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 14, 2012, 11:54:23 pm »

I do, and I also make the same switch... i was just being a prick, which is consistent with my meta.
I don't see the point of mentioning meta here.  Eevee isn't calling him scum for that post.  It's way too defensive. 
See day 1 regarding self meta arguments.
lol.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 1 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #464 on: November 15, 2012, 12:00:31 am »

You can nominate for me for worst player of the year if you want (note - i do have the lowest win rate in regular games), but I'm sticking with it.

Naw CF, I think I am the worst with my 0% win rate (although 1 game is hardly a big enough sample size:P)

Oh, let's also add self-voting, which you habitually describe as anti-town. Boo.
This.

Also, all a breadcrumb proves is that you planned out your fakeclaim. And a breadcrumb that breadcrumbs a PR in general instead of a specific one? Seriously? That's much better for scum than town!
I'm with joth on this.  Vote: Galz.  This is all at best very anti-town behavior, and I know Galz to be better than this.  Plus his case in 225 is just super weak sauce.  And Galz is supposed to be teh Sauce Boss!

That being said I want to reiterate that I am still feeling CF is SK (although I'm sure that is going to get blown out of whack by confirmation bias) but he is really feeling to me to have a similar style to what happened to me in XV.  It explains my town on town feelings from him arguing with ehunt yet his overly defensive attitude towards a lot of suspicion floating around on him.  I'm probably wrong but mark my words...

TheMunch made it Very Easy (TM) to accidentally lynch Galz.  He places his vote in the middle of a paragraph and doesn't announce the L-1.

This is antitown and scummy.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 15, 2012, 12:12:38 am »

Voltgloss and Ashersky get town reads for slowing down the Yuma wagon. 

Eevee gets scum reads for defending Yuma and claiming no reads with the classic "I should do a reread."  I'm not holding my breath. 
I really like that TheMunch is making this distinction.  I would think as scum he'd lump them all in together (unless he's partners with Volt and/or Asher).

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 15, 2012, 12:15:27 am »

So I'm not sure if I should hear to my gut feeling or hear to all you more experienced players.

Typo
It's actually "Listen". They're similar meaning words but in this case you want to use "listen"

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 15, 2012, 12:25:35 am »

Testing something in the next few posts

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 15, 2012, 12:26:22 am »

Vote Count 1-5

Jotheonah (1) - Eevee
Captain_Frisk (2) - Ashersky, Axxle
Galzria (5) - Captain_Frisk, eHunt, Galzria, Jotheonah, TheMunch {L-1}
Yuma (1) - Qvist
Ashersky (1) - Yuma

Not Voting (1) - Grujah

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch

Deadline: Tuesday November 20, 2012. 7:30am PST (10:30am forum time)

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 15, 2012, 12:26:38 am »

C'mon Mafia, join your buddy eHunt and hammer me, I dare you!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 15, 2012, 12:26:50 am »

FoS at Joth though. Seriously. You've been getting it wrong every game since M-III. But then, why bother changing your ways now?

That's awfully personal Galz.

Sorry, take out Joth's name and put in "ya'll".

(Although I still think Joth knows me better than almost anyone else)

I always think I do! But then you pull some shit like this! Take a deep breath and a step back and tell me how and why your actions on the last two pages can be described as pro-town, EVEN IF YOU'RE TELLING THE TRUTH. I can't think how it is. If you're a town PR, unvote yourself for goodness sake.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 15, 2012, 12:28:00 am »

I'm not abandoning my case on yuma, if that's what you're asking.  I want to hear Axxle's reaction.
Yeah, it would be probably very easy to miss that there was a votecount when making his post.  Then as soon as he made the post he scrolls up and sees the L-1 votecount and realizes it's a hammer.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 15, 2012, 12:33:38 am »

Two minutes after Eevee posts suspicion on ashersky, he writes this:

I think both Munch and yuma are town. Would look for scum in the Joth / Qvist / Axxle area.. oh and ashersky is playing? Him too.

Why me too?  I agree on Munch probably being town.  Yuma / Frisk are my top scum reads.  Where is Axxle???

He hadn't posted for 22 hours before:

Unvote to allow time for input, and to take away scum's ability to quickhammer.

He's a bit jumpy and hasn't made a big presence this game.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 15, 2012, 12:37:56 am »

Vote: jotheonah

Not voting is dumb, he has felt off to me from the beginning and really seems to want to make this yuma lynch happen which I don't like. I really hope I'm right about yuma now though.

Hedge much?

that isn't a hedge...

It isn't a hedge if Eevee knows for sure you are town, I guess.  But "I really hope I'm right about yuma now" is clearly hedging.  Eevee can be like "look at this old post, I was second guessing myself" see?  Hedging.

man... no one does that... No one ever goes back and does this. and if they do they get called out about it then. Calling it out now... that just discourages open discussions and putting their thoughts out there.

If eevee is town, he doesn't know whether I am town or not. He had better hope I am town... and I don't fault him for saying so.

That's a fine belief to have, I guess, but then why do we discuss hedging at all?  This isn't the first time the topic has come up in mafia games on f.ds.
Hedging would be voting for someone and saying you're unsure.

If eevee had voted for yuma and said "I hope I'm not wrong about him being scum" that'd be hedging.
But eevee had voted for joth and said he hoped he was right about some other player.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 15, 2012, 12:39:37 am »

And you do realize that the discussion that was supposed to happen when you unvoted me hasn't yet happened... I think volt is still wanting to hear more from Axxle. But whatever....

unvote

You are right about this.  I'm tempted to vote Axxle for lurking at this point.  Ugh.  At least scum didn't quickhammer.

Vote: ashersky
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 17 queries.