Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 80  All

Author Topic: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Game over, Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 198370 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #725 on: September 17, 2015, 06:54:58 pm »

I feel a rising urge to lynch yuma.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 17, 2015, 06:55:28 pm »

Let words be followed by action.

Vote: yuma

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 17, 2015, 06:55:34 pm »

Feels like PPS, TA, and Awaclus are the front runners right now.

swap TA with hydrad and you have my preferred top three

Why do you think the points I made for Hydrad being town are invalid?

i have zero memory of them... if you want to link them i can look at them now (no pressure if you can't)... or i can look them up later when my arms are more free...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 17, 2015, 06:56:05 pm »

i have no response to this

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 17, 2015, 06:56:54 pm »

i have no response to this

Nice paradox.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 17, 2015, 07:21:40 pm »

Feels like PPS, TA, and Awaclus are the front runners right now.

swap TA with hydrad and you have my preferred top three

Why do you think the points I made for Hydrad being town are invalid?

i have zero memory of them... if you want to link them i can look at them now (no pressure if you can't)... or i can look them up later when my arms are more free...

Hydrad - had two posts that really made me think he is town, the one where he explained his tonwread on yuma and the recent one I pointed out.

For convenience, the posts in question:

chairs and hydrad I think you should vote for the viable lynch with the highest likelihood of succeeding in your eyes. right now anyone but gkrieg and faust is viable id you're willing to put in the work. voting for other reasons accomplish less especially when you make those other reasons public.

My vote is on you serious. But its also for info.

I'm seeing a few people state how they are ok with your lynch also but no one actually placing votes on you. I think part of it is because there isn't a wagon on you so the vote on you would feel like its accomplishing nothing.

So I figured a good way to get more information is enabling your wagon to be jumped on also. This can give some useful info also but its not like I'm doing this only for the info part.

I'm still ok with you as a lynch right now and i figured that the potential of learning a bit more of info is worth the vote on you. And from my perspective the knowledge that i'm voting for you is partially for info shouldn't affect the info we could gain to much.

At least thats how i'm thinking of it.

yuma = 2.4 probably my second towniest read right now. (and now I just enabled decimals)

Can you try to give reasons for why you think yuma is town?

Hmm sure.

so from the beginning hes seemed just generally towny in being active and some posts. So that probably made him a slight town in my eyes.

then he posted about how hes trying to change his meta a bit this game which in my eyes seems more likely to happen as town then scum by a bit. Since scum probably wants to emulate their old meta instead of changing it as it can be a bit risky to change as scum. so a bit more mild town points.

but also. Its feeling like its gut feelings on me? Thats alright to have that as your reason for voting me. But it doesn't really give me much to explain why your wrong.

you haven't been a townread, a couple of players have pointed out scummish things you have done (I haven't really been super-duper impressed with those points, but they are points) and I saw that like seven people were voting for people with only one vote on them (including me) so I went back to voting for you.

and then this post made me feel much townier on him. As it really feels like an honest town perspective instead of a scum one.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #731 on: September 17, 2015, 07:32:29 pm »

so i am doing what i said and reading dwarf mafia and while i am only in the midst of day1 i am already seeing something... not what awaclus perhaps wants me to see (his town narrative thing working...) but i am seeing a different awaclus.

Yeah, you were seeing a NEET Awaclus as opposed to the university student Awaclus you're seeing now.

that very well could be and i don't want to criticize your or anyone else's involvement. but i will say that apart from activity the quality of your posts are different. you are still posting here... on a regular basis but nearly all posts are lacking in substance where in that game it was far for of a mix.

i think you have been active enough here to have put forward more than you have and less than i would have expected from that game.

Well, it's not that I don't have time, it's that there are other things on my mind, which means that I'm less likely to think about Mafia when I'm not posting. As a result, every time I open this thread, I have to reorganize my thoughts and recall what was going on in this game again, rather than just opening it and immediately knowing what's going on, and so it's easier to just reply to the posts about my play style etc. which I can do without having to think much. Well, now that there's a night in the other game, I've been able to focus more on this game, and I don't think there should be a major difference between my recent posts and my posts in the Dwarf Fortress mafia.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 17, 2015, 07:39:01 pm »

The amount of people willing to lynch both me and PPS is giving me alarm bells.

I would feel the same thing if I were you and PPS was my scum partner  :P

Har har

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 17, 2015, 07:51:05 pm »

thanks for linking those

anyone else having a really hard time loading pages (like 2-3 minutes)

the post about me is hard to fairly analyze as i tend to respond to town reads on me with an automaic null. I have been burned by that too many times in the past... and I don't necessarily see anything that jumps out at me in the way that he came to that conclusion

and as for the other quote I actually lean scummy on it, so I guess I would say I disagree with your conclusion about hydrad...

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 17, 2015, 08:31:39 pm »

I'm promoting Hydrad from want to lynch to "eh", but would still lynch.  I see Faust's point somewhat, though the problem is those posts were the first time Hydrad commented on something actually going on in the game, and that after much prompting.  Hydrad not commenting on actual game is somewhat of a scum tell for him.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: September 17, 2015, 09:52:52 pm »

... and I don't think there should be a major difference between my recent posts and my posts in the Dwarf Fortress mafia.

well, for example one major difference in this game is that you haven't had a serious vote on anyone all game, whereas in the other you had at least three that i can remember of the top of my head (granted that was over the course of almost he whole day1--i am not quite finished with that day yet--, but i think at least two were somewhat early in the game) when the quality over all of the "cases" or whatever you want to call it appear to be equal.

so there is at least that and i feel there are other non-quantifiable differences as well

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 18, 2015, 02:57:48 am »

I'm not dead!

Looks like I'll be back to normal around Monday, should have some time before then.  During this bout of insomnia-while-stealing-my-brother's-laptop, I'm going to read some, but probably can't catch up on everything.

Anyone who's awake want to direct me to something in particular I should read/comment on?

I'll read these pages a dozen times in my inevitable rereads over the course of the game, so I'm okay focussing on some random bit for now to help get into it.

If not, I'll just start from Page 1.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 18, 2015, 03:46:11 am »

Okay, well tired and having trouble focusing, but here are my thoughts based on the last few pages, as they occur to me working backwards.

Awaclus in #731 seems like scum!Awaclus.  I like him trying to change his meta, and I think I've been figuring him out a bit lately, but this doesn't look like the "being more helpful as town to be less obvious" change, this feels like an accidental reversion to how he defended himself as scum in the past.

Also I notice his vote is on me for being V/LA, so that's super helpful.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 18, 2015, 03:52:26 am »

I'm with Faust on Town!Hydrad, based on those 2 posts at least.

Definitely need to read Yuma/Faust in detail later, but I don't really want to lynch either of them today.  I hate "Day 1 Pass" mentality (I think that ruled out the entire scumteam in some recent game), and if there's a strong case on either of them I'd like to hear it (or find it as I read) but if it's going to be a mediocre case, someone less useful than either of them would be much preferred.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 18, 2015, 04:17:35 am »

I like chairs being willing to jump out and say he's voting Sam for info.  Townread on chairs.

I don't know what to think about Sam, I have an instinctive urge to lynch based on his reaction to Yuma's/TA's pressure, but Faust and Ash's uncertainty based on their past experience with him gives me pause, it's unlikely that just happens to be the scumteam, and certain players do draw out those reactions.  No snap read on Sam, I'm going to have to find some time to put some work into him.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 18, 2015, 04:17:58 am »

To clarify, that chairs is willing to lynch him for info.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 18, 2015, 04:19:44 am »

Hydrad's scummy waffling on voting TA only for pressure seems like town!scummy Hydrad...

One does not simply read Hydrad.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #742 on: September 18, 2015, 04:22:39 am »

Okay, well tired and having trouble focusing, but here are my thoughts based on the last few pages, as they occur to me working backwards.

Awaclus in #731 seems like scum!Awaclus.  I like him trying to change his meta, and I think I've been figuring him out a bit lately, but this doesn't look like the "being more helpful as town to be less obvious" change, this feels like an accidental reversion to how he defended himself as scum in the past.

Also I notice his vote is on me for being V/LA, so that's super helpful.

I'm not trying to change my meta, this is how I've always played.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 18, 2015, 04:26:09 am »

Vote: Awaclus

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 18, 2015, 04:33:33 am »

So I should be back online tomorrow night with any luck, and if not I'll definitely find time to be on this weekend.  Anyone want to make/summarize/link a nice case on TA?  He looks like one of the frontrunners and I'm not really sure why based on what I've read so far.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 18, 2015, 04:51:23 am »

Okay, time to sleep.  Based on roughly the last 1/3 of the game, I have reduced the people I am willing to vote for today down to:

Lynch Pool:
    Awaclus
    TwistedArcher
    Jimmmmm
    pingpongsam

I don't have any particular read on TA or Jimmmmmmmmmmmm.
I'm conflicted about Sam, need to read all his posts and think a bunch when I can think.
Awaclus is scum.

Let's all lynch Awaclus.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #746 on: September 18, 2015, 04:53:53 am »

Awaclus is scum.

Let's all lynch Awaclus.

I'm not scum and that's a bad idea.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 18, 2015, 07:46:11 am »

Okay, time to sleep.  Based on roughly the last 1/3 of the game, I have reduced the people I am willing to vote for today down to:

Lynch Pool:
    Awaclus
    TwistedArcher
    Jimmmmm
    pingpongsam

That's quite the list... where does this comes from? What about other players you haven't adressed? ashersky, WW (and yuma really). I don't feel comfortable at all with you coming in here with scum reads on the exact players that are under suspicion, and noone else.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 18, 2015, 07:55:44 am »

I feel I should expand on yuma...

In the beginning, this was just the fact that I didn't get a town vibe from any of yuma's posts. If you look at my reads, I have reasons to think a lot of people are town, and with yuma nothing like that ever popped up.

THe other thing is his opinions seem uncharacteristically streamlined. The suspicion on PPS was easily justified and much sheeped even though it's probably mostly a playstyle thing. And then - Hydrad and Awaclus. I mean, really? These are just the go-to mislynch candidates in this game. And I don't agree with any of the reasoning there, it seems weak. Both Hydrad and Awaclus are townier than normal. Scolding Awaclus for not having put down a vote is fine, but to think that's scummy is ridiculous. It's so easy to throw out votes as scum.

Basically, yuma is doing a lot of talking and that's fine, but the substance is sort of lacking for me. I don't even know how he feels about other players in this game, like ashersky or WW, because he is so focused on his scum reads.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 18, 2015, 08:15:49 am »

I'm promoting Hydrad from want to lynch to "eh", but would still lynch.  I see Faust's point somewhat, though the problem is those posts were the first time Hydrad commented on something actually going on in the game, and that after much prompting.  Hydrad not commenting on actual game is somewhat of a scum tell for him.

Sorry I'll keep trying to comment on the game more. Then I become an IC! foolproof.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 80  All

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 20 queries.