Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 80  All

Author Topic: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Game over, Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 198349 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: September 14, 2015, 08:30:14 pm »

but also. Its feeling like its gut feelings on me? Thats alright to have that as your reason for voting me. But it doesn't really give me much to explain why your wrong.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 14, 2015, 08:31:10 pm »

that is cool and now that you have made it official that is fine, but I would recommend putting it into the ruleset if that is how you are going to interpret votes as the previous status quo was to accept obvious misspellings (although to be fair the mafia rules only say obvious abbreviations or nicknames)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 14, 2015, 08:34:31 pm »

Hmm.

But now that I am def not voting for you and am voting for hydrad, I'll ask what you think of him?

I think Hydrad is a wonderful guy and the obviously most towny player in the game. Scum may as well just surrender since they know they are going to lose.

This doesn't give me a lot of confidence

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Mod message
« Reply #428 on: September 14, 2015, 08:34:50 pm »

that is cool and now that you have made it official that is fine, but I would recommend putting it into the ruleset if that is how you are going to interpret votes as the previous status quo was to accept obvious misspellings (although to be fair the mafia rules only say obvious abbreviations or nicknames)

I've done that in previous games, forgot it here. I'll add it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 14, 2015, 08:35:07 pm »

but also. Its feeling like its gut feelings on me? Thats alright to have that as your reason for voting me. But it doesn't really give me much to explain why your wrong.

you haven't been a townread, a couple of players have pointed out scummish things you have done (I haven't really been super-duper impressed with those points, but they are points) and I saw that like seven people were voting for people with only one vote on them (including me) so I went back to voting for you.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 14, 2015, 08:35:24 pm »

This also means people will get my name right for once!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 14, 2015, 08:36:54 pm »

do you anticipate people voting for you this game?  ;)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 14, 2015, 08:37:54 pm »

do you anticipate people voting for you this game?  ;)

haha.  Just check any game I've been in and you will see why I'm happy about this.  Of special note is college town mafia.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 14, 2015, 08:39:45 pm »

you haven't been a townread, a couple of players have pointed out scummish things you have done (I haven't really been super-duper impressed with those points, but they are points) and I saw that like seven people were voting for people with only one vote on them (including me) so I went back to voting for you.

Ok that sounds like good logic to me.

So currently I feel like my wagon might be town driven. I don't know if I've ever felt like that before and don't know if that helps anything at all. Just thought I'd let you guys know.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 14, 2015, 08:43:16 pm »

unvote

vote: faust

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 14, 2015, 08:45:51 pm »

That was a good enough explanation for you?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 14, 2015, 08:53:40 pm »

ya for a day1 vote kinda thing thats probably more then I can give on some of my day 1 votes in games.

It also sounded like something that scum wouldn't fake and felt more like it was town thinking through his thought process.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 14, 2015, 08:55:23 pm »

ya for a day1 vote kinda thing thats probably more then I can give on some of my day 1 votes in games.

It also sounded like something that scum wouldn't fake and felt more like it was town thinking through his thought process.

Sorry that was directed at yuma

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 14, 2015, 08:55:58 pm »

You also haven't done anything this game.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 14, 2015, 08:59:27 pm »

You also haven't done anything this game.

Hmm that is a problem. I feel like I've been doing some stuff? But I guess not enough. ahha I know I'll do a quick read list. I always enjoy doing a day1 read list and seeing how far off it is.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 14, 2015, 09:06:55 pm »

hmm should I do the numbers again? I tried that once and it didn't go very well for some reason. Ah well lets try it again

0 = IC. 10 = conf scum

chairs = 4 uhh i dunno why but slight town
UmbrageOfSnow = 5 nothing there D:
Witherweaver = 3 for no real reason
gkrieg13 = 0 for obvious reasons
yuma = 2.4 probably my second towniest read right now. (and now I just enabled decimals)
Awaclus = 5.7 Hes been town in the last few games i think so obviously hes going to be scum here.
ashersky = 6.8 bad vibes from him
faust = 6 Hasn't felt like super town faust like usual But its still early day 1 so maybe it will appear
Hydrad = 0 wow so town
TwistedArcher = 5 I remember nothing from you right now for somereason
Jimmmmm = 5 not enough to go off of
pingpongsam = 4.9? I don't know I didn't want to give him a null but I couldn't decide if hes town or scum so its pretty much null :D

Hmm well I don't really like this as much as I'd  hoped. I don't have enough of you as scummy. Maybe I should of made PPS 5.1... that would make it perfect. ah well to late to go back now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 14, 2015, 09:32:13 pm »

Sure! I probably shouldn't have voted for Faust though... Partly depends on how he answers question of mine.... But I'll leave it there for now!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 15, 2015, 12:33:30 am »

I think he does a good job of emulating his town self as scum, mostly because it's all about being mysterious, not explaining things, not giving any actual opinions.  He likes to vote without reason, call people scummy or towny without reasons, etc.

I feel like if he all of a sudden were more towny, it wouldn't mean he's scum, just that he's finally come around.

And the only reason he'll ever come around is because he's been lynched too often.

ok

vote: awalcus

Vote: yuma

Isn't this kind of policy voting for a policy vote?

No, it's voting for someone because I think policy voting is scummy.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 15, 2015, 12:35:57 am »

Sure! I probably shouldn't have voted for Faust though... Partly depends on how he answers question of mine.... But I'll leave it there for now!

What questions do you still need answered?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 15, 2015, 12:38:14 am »

yuma = 2.4 probably my second towniest read right now. (and now I just enabled decimals)

Can you try to give reasons for why you think yuma is town?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 15, 2015, 12:48:58 am »

Looks like generally less than average as town, at or more than average as scum.

That's a generalization, of course.

I agree. But the real point of the discussion was in regard to giving Jimmmmm a pass. Right now I am. Come toward the end of day that pass will dissipate, because this day has mostly been going on during the weekend so availability is up in the air. It feels less like Jimmmm has been lurking and more like Jimmmmm hasn't been available to be online, which is independent of alignment (same as UoS), which is why he is getting a semi-pass.

So the question I now have for faust is whether he had a problem with ash giving a pass or if he had a problem with ash, in his opinion, characterizing Jimmmm's activity?

This is the one... it was kinda couched at the bottom of this so i don't blame you for missing it. If you want to answer that would be swell!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 15, 2015, 12:49:54 am »

Can you try to give reasons for why you think yuma is town?

Hmm sure.

so from the beginning hes seemed just generally towny in being active and some posts. So that probably made him a slight town in my eyes.

then he posted about how hes trying to change his meta a bit this game which in my eyes seems more likely to happen as town then scum by a bit. Since scum probably wants to emulate their old meta instead of changing it as it can be a bit risky to change as scum. so a bit more mild town points.

and then this post made me feel much townier on him. As it really feels like an honest town perspective instead of a scum one.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 15, 2015, 12:58:39 am »

Looks like generally less than average as town, at or more than average as scum.

That's a generalization, of course.

I agree. But the real point of the discussion was in regard to giving Jimmmmm a pass. Right now I am. Come toward the end of day that pass will dissipate, because this day has mostly been going on during the weekend so availability is up in the air. It feels less like Jimmmm has been lurking and more like Jimmmmm hasn't been available to be online, which is independent of alignment (same as UoS), which is why he is getting a semi-pass.

So the question I now have for faust is whether he had a problem with ash giving a pass or if he had a problem with ash, in his opinion, characterizing Jimmmm's activity?

This is the one... it was kinda couched at the bottom of this so i don't blame you for missing it. If you want to answer that would be swell!

Well, ash was making a blanket statement that didn't really fit with my perception of Jimmmmm's play as scum. So when I started looking at the records, it was just a fact check. And it turns out that ash's statement was plainly wrong. So I pointed it out, partly to not have that wrong information on Jimmmmm's activity level stand there uncontradicted and partly to see how ash would react.

I'm not impressed by ash's reaction, I gotta say. He continued defending his statement instead of just admitting he was wrong. In fact, vote: ashersky seems better than yuma right now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 15, 2015, 01:09:46 am »

So I pointed it out, partly to not have that wrong information on Jimmmmm's activity level stand there uncontradicted and partly to see how ash would react.

this part could be true. but right now i don't think it is. i can't prove it obviously... but it is what i think, and what i think is that it is fabricated.

i get that people do things to get reactions out of people... but something as slight as contradicting a perceived posting meta of another player... just to get a reaction... nah... i just don't see anyone (faust included) have that level of stage setting as town

and then lo and behold... that reaction is now seen as scummy! yipee!

I am keeping my vote where it is

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 15, 2015, 01:24:41 am »

WW corrected your research, which was presented in a way to make me seem wrong.  He added average posts and showed that in general, he posts at or more than the average as scum and less than average as town.

There are exceptions in both data sets, of course, which is why I called it a generalization.

But really, I'm right anyway.  Twice town has lost as a direct consequence of town Jimmmmm lurking too much -- the game where it was lylo and he missed the deadline to give raerae the win and the game where his lurking gave me the win as SK, again at lylo.

Name another towny so infamous for lurking.  And compare that to his scum games, where he's never missed a winning hammer.

So, my perception of Jimmmmm as a town lurker and a scum active player is founded on experience and evidence.

You "presenting" "evidence" was a ploy to paint me as scummy and you got called on it multiple times.  Now you are voting me to defend it as genuine.  I'm not buying it.  You are way smarter than that -- you know math and stats better than that.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 80  All

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 16 queries.