Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 106  All

Author Topic: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Game Over, Evil Wins!)  (Read 231561 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Day 2, PM for interactive Spectator QT)
« Reply #1075 on: October 10, 2012, 06:00:33 pm »

For what it's worth, the seaweed flavor sounds sort of like Spongebob to me.

So did the fingerless glove, actually, if you've seen the Spongebob movie.

I have not, nor have I watched any buffy other than the movie.  Has anyone figured out what the song means?

Spike is the only one who notably wore gloves.  Town aligned vig makes sense for him...did you have a headache after killing? 
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 10, 2012, 06:03:39 pm »

Not to my knowledge - the only end of day modfirmation I got was the music.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 10, 2012, 06:05:19 pm »

For what it's worth, the seaweed flavor sounds sort of like Spongebob to me.

So did the fingerless glove, actually, if you've seen the Spongebob movie.

I have not, nor have I watched any buffy other than the movie.  Has anyone figured out what the song means?

Spike is the only one who notably wore gloves.  Town aligned vig makes sense for him...did you have a headache after killing?

as i said earlier, the flavor states that we care about prom.

timeline wise, this means that spike is not our friend!
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 10, 2012, 06:09:00 pm »

Maybe it's Dawn's prom.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 10, 2012, 06:20:57 pm »

Maybe it's Dawn's prom.

spike still wouldn't get headaches >:|
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: October 10, 2012, 06:21:52 pm »

This has crossed into a weird place.  What is spike?  Dawn? 

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 10, 2012, 06:23:23 pm »

hahahahaha

we should probably stop talking about this since buffy is eminently spoilable.

i'm basically reaching the conclusion that "read the freaking flavour" is a big troll anyway.

she/her

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 10, 2012, 06:23:27 pm »

This dbag?  No clearly I look like the picture a few pages back.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 10, 2012, 06:25:52 pm »

I think Buffy is largely irrelevant. I was just doing the edge-case thing to cayvie's prom comment.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 10, 2012, 06:48:06 pm »

Here's the mafiascum page on Thief. http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Thief .

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 10, 2012, 06:50:30 pm »

According to "canon"/"standard mafiascum knowledge" (for what little that is worth), thief isn't a common mafia role, and is actually likely to be town. But not necessarily, and I'd rather not wifom with the mod, so we'll just say that Robz's roleclaim itself is not obviously scummy but not necessarily townie either. 

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 10, 2012, 06:54:07 pm »

And with all this, we still have no good explanation for how a vanilla ice cream scoop ended up in insomniac's death flavor.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 10, 2012, 08:54:42 pm »

Yo, just made it back from the extreme lands of working too much.  Commencing read of day 2.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 10, 2012, 08:59:09 pm »

And with all this, we still have no good explanation for how a vanilla ice cream scoop ended up in insomniac's death flavor.

It could make sense if Robz had stolen from joth instead of from me and then used the power he gained on Insomniac OR joth targeted Insomniac and Watno didn't see it OR there's an unknown player out there who somehow targeted joth to try and frame him in the kill OR there's another player out there who is vanilla ice cream themed. Lots of possibilities, but are there any we can rule out?

I am going to hold off my vote on putting Robz at L-1 for now, even though I think there's a possibility the discrepancy in what is claimed is because he is lying. I can't see any other reason why he'd be covered in the cyan paint. There still seems to be things worth discussing, though.

I think Frisk should not kill. If he kills undirected he can spin all sorts of reasons for who he killed, and if he kills directed there's no guarantee we'll direct him correctly and he could be bus driven, or claim he was, and we'll have a confusing decision to make tomorrow. On the topic of Frisk, is the reason he is not covered in paint despite targeting Insomniac that he is a ninja/strongman or is he just claiming he is a strongman? Ninja/strongman screams SK to me, and to a lesser degree so does strongman, but an SK who is pretending to be a vig is less dangerous than mafia at the moment, so I'd rather leave him alive for now.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 10, 2012, 09:07:08 pm »

On the topic of Frisk, is the reason he is not covered in paint despite targeting Insomniac that he is a ninja/strongman or is he just claiming he is a strongman?

He DID have paint on him. That's how Watno knew that he targeted Insom.

The two people who are COVERED in paint are the ones hit by Watno. Ideally the people who targeted the blue people would also have paint on them. Except not Robz, because Watno didn't target Robz, he targeted Jorbles, so he doesn't know who targeted Robz. And apparently not the second person who targeted Insomniac, because we're pretty sure two people targeted Insomniac based on flavor.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 10, 2012, 09:41:55 pm »

Frisk is NOT a ninja. You people seem to be speculating without really understanding what happened (it took Galzria and Dsell walking me through everything for me to ge there, I do know it's confusing). Main point: Frisk accounts for the strangulation, but Watno claims not to have seen anyone else, yet someone also killed Ins with the cone. Either Watno is lying or someone somehow went untracked. Watno tracks people by shooting them with a paintball gun and seeing traces of paint on people who targeted that person. He wouldn't on Robz, because he was already covered in the paint! And Robz's role is thief, so it's concievable he could have stolen joth's flavour to make the kill look ice cream themed. I repeat, I think either Robz did it or watno is lying, cause otherwise someone ELSE would have needed to be a ninja capable of stealing flavor.. which is super far-fetched because WE ALREADY HAVE A THIEF WHO WAS COVERED IN PAINT SO COULDNT HAVE BEEN TRACKED.

Robz, as I said earlier, I've resigned from trying to figure what you would or wouldn't do because you always seem to be one step ahead. You also have done this continuous town claim when it looks hopeless before. I think you being scum is the simplest and cleanest way to explain what happened at night (see this post and iirc my last post for my thought process). Can you offer any other explanation for what happened?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 10, 2012, 09:42:45 pm »

There's only one question I don't see a logical answer for, but let me expand on my thoughts for why Robz:

Watno isn't a tracker. He's a backwards tracker. This is an important distinction. He targets people (let's call the X) covers them in paint, and then can tell who targeted X by examining who the paint spread to.

In this case, he supposedly targeted Jorbles and Insomniac - but for whatever reason, hit Robz and Insomniac.

So 2 people are covered in paint. Now along comes CF, all nice and clean. He walks up to Insomniac, says "Yo", and strangles him - in the process getting all this fresh paint on himself. As such, he's easily viewable to Watno, and Watno reports this to us.

Sadly, that is ALL Watno sees. Nobody else has residual paint on themselves.

Now, here's Robz. A proclaimed flavour thief. Covered head to toe in paint already. If HE went and targeted Insomniac, nobody would be the wiser. But what he claims is to have targeted Watno. Here is Robz' (belated) PM:

Flavour name: KELPtomaniac
Role name: Thief
Alignment: Town

Abilities:

The Seaweed life is a hard life.  Stuck on the bottom of the ocean (or lake?) floor, it takes everything you have just to survive.  But whatever your troubles and pains, you always held your head high and reached for the stars above the waves.  And the sunlight.  Gotta love that sunlight.  Of course, whenever you are able, you are happy to lift a little extra from the chumps (and the chum) around you.

Each night, you may target one other player to steal something from them related to their flavour.  Depending on the target and what is stolen, this may have additional effects such as roleblocking them or granting you a 1-shot ability.

You may save stolen items that give 1-shots, but you can only carry one of each (no saving multiples).  You can only use one 1-shot at a time, and you can’t steal on the same night that you use a 1-shot.

So if he targeted Watno, what did he steal relating to Watno's flavour? Was Watno Roleblocked? No. So did Robz gain a 1-shot? Not that he's claimed. So I have trouble believing this claim to be accurate.

More than that though, what logically fits is that he stole Joth's flavour, and used it to kill Insomniac. He wasn't seen doing this because he was already covered in paint. As mentioned in my first sentence, the only inconsistency is how Robz got covered and not Jorbles. The first thing that jumped to my mind there is that Watno targeted Robz, and not Jorbles, to cover his tracks. But there are certainly other options (like perhaps Jorbles/Robz were busdriven).

The simple fact that Watno claims to have seen nobody else covered in residual paint points either to Robz or him - or both - lying.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 10, 2012, 09:44:09 pm »

... Wow, Eevee, man, we Hydra'ing or something? Get outta my head! :P

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 10, 2012, 10:04:09 pm »

Okay, so if we wind up lynching Robz, would you advocate that Frisk kill Watno if Robz turns up town?

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 10, 2012, 10:17:06 pm »

Okay, so if we wind up lynching Robz, would you advocate that Frisk kill Watno if Robz turns up town?
If we want him to kill at all, then I'd say yes. Or possibly one of the ice cream neighbors, because we have reason to assume it's somewhat likely there is scum in the neighborhood + if Robz isn't scum, then the ice cream flavor of the kill would need to be explained some other way.

If Robz is scum, the odds of Frisk hitting scum are even lower, so then I'd be even more opposed to him shooting. Isn't being forced to not shoot pretty much the worst thing that could happen to a serial killing Frisk? We'd need theorel to crunch us some numbers!

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: October 10, 2012, 10:40:37 pm »

Okay, are these claims correct?
1 ) Frisk killed Insomniac leaving a black glove. (source: Frisk)
2 ) Watno put paint on me (Jorbles). (source: Watno)
3 ) Watno put paint on Insomniac. (source: Watno)
4 ) Watno received confirmation that Frisk had targetted Insomniac. (source: Watno)
5 ) Robz stole from Watno and the cyan paint exploded on him. (source: Robz)
6 ) jotheonah targeted Galzria with vanilla ice cream. (source: joth)
7 ) Galzria ate vanilla ice cream. (source: Galzria)
8 ) I (Jorbles) targeted Dsell with strawberry ice cream roleblocking him. (source: Jorbles)
9 ) Dsell ate strawberry ice cream. (source: Dsell)
10 ) Watno claims no info on the second Insomniac kill.
11 ) Robz is flavour kelp and role thief. (source: Robz)
12 ) Jorbles is flavour strawberry ice cream and role neighbour-x-shot roleblocker. (source: Jorbles)
13 ) Jotheonah is flavour vanilla ice cream and role neighbour-x-shot unclaimed (though I, Jorbles claim he has role claimed in the neighbourhood.) (source: jotheonah)
14 ) Frisk is flavour Jack of all Trades/black-glove-related and role X-shot vigilante strongman, not a ninja. (source: Frisk)
15 ) watno is flavour cyan paintball gun guy and role something kinda like a reverse tracker. (source: Watno)
16 ) Galzria is flavour unknown and role something that doesn't involve him taking a night action because he either doesn't want to or can't. (source: Galzria)
17 ) Eevee has a targetted role that could misfire if it targets something to do with the mail. (source: Eevee)

Stuff the mod wrote in the original post that we are trying to figure out:
A) Insomniac was killed. One killer left behind a black fingerless glove.
B) Insomniac was killed again. The other killer left behind a vanilla ice cream scoop.
C) Insomniac was covered in paint.
D) Robz was covered in paint.
E) eHalc confirmed he had forgotten to send Dsell a night message.

The claimed evidence for (A) is (1), (3) and (4).
The claimed evidence for (C) is (3).
The claimed evidence for (D) is (5) and (14).

We have no evidence for (B) so let's assume that was a scum kill. Frisk's kill may have been SK or a Vig kill. We have no way of knowing. But as we have no other vig claims trying to cast doubt on Frisk let's assume the ice cream scoop kill was the mafia kill. I don't have a scum read on joth, but with his vanilla ice cream claim the evidence is really pointing at him. Though we can't rule out that the mafia doesn't have a way to associate other player's flavour with kills.

Eevee, Dsell, Galzria, can you check the above? You seem to have the best handle on what's going on right now.

I think that it is weird that I did not wake covered in paint, but if Robz and I were bus driven that could explain it. I admit this is the most likely explanation. Bus driver mostly just confuses town and I believe is usually a scum role.

i) Watno could be telling the truth if joth is a ninja in addition to his other claim. This would be if he is a ninja and a neighbour and his other role is a lie and Galzria and Jorbles are both lying to cover for him. Robz and Jorbles would have to have been bus driven in this scenario. (or somehow had the paint get from Jorbles to Robz)
ii) Watno could also be telling the truth if joth was targetted by some sort of mafia flavour thief ninja (most likely explanation is Robz, but it's possible it's someone else or there's some mafia team synergy going on). Robz and I would have to have been bus driven in this scenario.

(i) seems to complicated and would involve a Galzria, joth, Jorbles scum team. I know this is not the case.
(ii) seems the most likely, except why would mafia bus drive a scum player? To protect him is I guess possible, especially if they thought Robz came off scummy d1 and they wanted to redirect anyone targetting him to me.

iii) Robz could be telling the truth if eHalc had planned that any targetted thefts on Watno would result in a paint explosion and it's one of the "additional affects such as roleblocking them or granting you a 1-shot ability". In this scenario some other unclaimed player would need to have done something to prevent actions from happening to Jorbles or Robz and Jorbles would need to be bus driven and Robz was actually hit with paint twice or Watno is lying and actually targetted Robz not Jorbles.

(iii) watno could be lying, but I think Robz is probably the better liar of the two of them, but this scenario seems ridiculous to me. I think Robz must have been bus driven with me to protect him/sew confusion.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 10, 2012, 10:45:52 pm »

15 ) watno is flavour cyan paintball gun guy and role something kinda like a reverse tracker. (source: Watno)

The claimed evidence for (D) is (5) and (15).

Sorry I made a mistake stating that the claimed evidence for (D) was (5) and (14). It's actually (5) and (15).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 10, 2012, 10:56:40 pm »

1 ) Frisk killed Insomniac leaving a black glove. (source: Frisk)
2 ) Watno put paint on me (Jorbles). (source: Watno)
3 ) Watno put paint on Insomniac. (source: Watno)
4 ) Watno received confirmation that Frisk had targetted Insomniac. (source: Watno)
6 ) jotheonah targeted Galzria with vanilla ice cream. (source: joth)
7 ) Galzria ate vanilla ice cream. (source: Galzria)
8 ) I (Jorbles) targeted Dsell with strawberry ice cream roleblocking him. (source: Jorbles)
9 ) Dsell ate strawberry ice cream. (source: Dsell)
10 ) Watno claims no info on the second Insomniac kill.
11 ) Robz is flavour kelp and role thief. (source: Robz)
12 ) Jorbles is flavour strawberry ice cream and role neighbour-x-shot roleblocker. (source: Jorbles)
13 ) Jotheonah is flavour vanilla ice cream and role neighbour-x-shot unclaimed (though I, Jorbles claim he has role claimed in the neighbourhood.) (source: jotheonah)
14 ) Frisk is flavour Jack of all Trades/black-glove-related and role X-shot vigilante strongman, not a ninja. (source: Frisk)
16 ) Galzria is flavour unknown and role something that doesn't involve him taking a night action because he either doesn't want to or can't. (source: Galzria)
17 ) Eevee has a targetted role that could misfire if it targets something to do with the mail. (source: Eevee)

A) Insomniac was killed. One killer left behind a black fingerless glove.
B) Insomniac was killed again. The other killer left behind a vanilla ice cream scoop.
C) Insomniac was covered in paint.
E) eHalc confirmed he had forgotten to send Dsell a night message.

The claimed evidence for (A) is (1), (3) and (4).
The claimed evidence for (C) is (3).
The claimed evidence for (D) is (5) and (14).

We have no evidence for (B) so let's assume that was a scum kill. Frisk's kill may have been SK or a Vig kill. We have no way of knowing. But as we have no other vig claims trying to cast doubt on Frisk let's assume the ice cream scoop kill was the mafia kill. I don't have a scum read on joth, but with his vanilla ice cream claim the evidence is really pointing at him. Though we can't rule out that the mafia doesn't have a way to associate other player's flavour with kills.

Eevee, Dsell, Galzria, can you check the above? You seem to have the best handle on what's going on right now.

I think that it is weird that I did not wake covered in paint, but if Robz and I were bus driven that could explain it. I admit this is the most likely explanation. Bus driver mostly just confuses town and I believe is usually a scum role.

i) Watno could be telling the truth if joth is a ninja in addition to his other claim. This would be if he is a ninja and a neighbour and his other role is a lie and Galzria and Jorbles are both lying to cover for him. Robz and Jorbles would have to have been bus driven in this scenario. (or somehow had the paint get from Jorbles to Robz)
ii) Watno could also be telling the truth if joth was targetted by some sort of mafia flavour thief ninja (most likely explanation is Robz, but it's possible it's someone else or there's some mafia team synergy going on). Robz and I would have to have been bus driven in this scenario.

(i) seems to complicated and would involve a Galzria, joth, Jorbles scum team. I know this is not the case.
(ii) seems the most likely, except why would mafia bus drive a scum player? To protect him is I guess possible, especially if they thought Robz came off scummy d1 and they wanted to redirect anyone targetting him to me.

iii) Robz could be telling the truth if eHalc had planned that any targetted thefts on Watno would result in a paint explosion and it's one of the "additional affects such as roleblocking them or granting you a 1-shot ability". In this scenario some other unclaimed player would need to have done something to prevent actions from happening to Jorbles or Robz and Jorbles would need to be bus driven and Robz was actually hit with paint twice or Watno is lying and actually targetted Robz not Jorbles.

(iii) watno could be lying, but I think Robz is probably the better liar of the two of them, but this scenario seems ridiculous to me. I think Robz must have been bus driven with me to protect him/sew confusion.
1) Frisk doesn't know for sure he left the glove, but he assumes he did. Also him not being ninja is not just his claim, it is verified by Watno getting a tracking result on him.

I think other than that, you covered the situation perfectly, at least I don't notice any mistakes.
Robz's claim also doesn't add up as Galzria repeatedly has mentioned, he says he targeted Watno and.. got nothing? Also the delay in pasting the role pom.
And it's good to remember traditionally there is scum in neighborhoods like that, so that implicated you and joth a bit. Especially if Robz isn't town, because the ice cream came from somewhere. Also I guess worth noting: joth was comfortable claiming your role without asking you first, but you still haven't revealed his (not saying you should or that joth shouldn't have, but that also happened today).

Why would you and Galz need to be lying for Jot to be scum? Couldn't he have claimed a fake role in the neighborhood, then ninja-kill Insomniac and on top of that give ice cream to Galzria that did or didn't do anything (Galz says he had no role to block so he wouldn't know)?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 10, 2012, 11:13:17 pm »

Btw, reverse tracker is called watcher galz.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 10, 2012, 11:14:01 pm »

Only Dsell answered this, but it could also be important:

Did anybody else target me last night? I mentioned very early on today that two occurrences happened to me, and it was while I was pondering the first that I was fed the ice cream. I would like to know the source of my first ponderence - or at least to know if anyone will fess up to it.

Actually, hmm... Maybe that's not the safest way to do things. This is what I know: While I sat pondering the meaning of the song last night, I was targeted by someone, and something (I know what) happened. It was while I was pondering the occurrence of the first event that I was fed Ice Cream. I did not ponder the reason for the Ice Cream, I simply enjoyed it.

I'm trying to figure out my own little mystery, but I don't want it to be at the detriment of town. However, knowing what I'm dealing with could help me not kill myself tonight (yes, it's a concern). How should I handle this? I really don't want to fish - and this could all be a red herring - but I don't know what to do.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 20 queries.