Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 106  All

Author Topic: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Game Over, Evil Wins!)  (Read 233834 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM3: Read The Freaking Flavour (Day 2, PM for interactive Spectator QT)
« Reply #1025 on: October 10, 2012, 12:10:01 pm »

Maybe the glove is a hint that he's a 2-shot vig - he can strangle people until he runs out of ... gloves? Ok, that seems far fetched.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 10, 2012, 01:09:34 pm »

Yikes.  You guys went crazy last night.

Ehalc - are you willing to confirm any mod oversights regarding ice cream delivery?

To discourage anyone from abusing mod errors, I will confirm that I indeed made an error in that I omitted a piece of flavour from Dsell's PM, which has since been corrected.  Other than that, all night actions were resolved properly (including the effects of the flavour that had been omitted).

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 10, 2012, 01:28:55 pm »

I could definitely see jo's "I'm being framed" thing as a gambit. Like I said before, it seems really odd that two neapolitan people would be roleblockers. Perhaps jo can shed some light on what his thing did.

Good time of year for fishing?

It's just that you potentially have information that could help us solve this puzzle.

Also, I'm not finding it hard to believe that Robz could manipulate flavor...at least not since remembering that his role is "thief" and that he steals flavor.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 10, 2012, 02:05:50 pm »

All the helpful information I have I've shared. The information you're asking for, what my power role does, will only help scum.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 10, 2012, 02:24:47 pm »

I would however like to see Robz's actual powers description, as he claims it was given to him by eHalc. Edit out anything that would get you modkilled or would out other power roles, but post the rest, in the original flavor. Not a vague-ish summary.

Yeah, I'm being sort of rolefishy, but actually all I'm looking for is the flavor to judge whether to believe him or not. Same as c_f posted. Same as what ashersky posted minus the QT link. And I don't think it's anti-town to demand that info here, because it doesn't help scum to know his role if he's going to be lynched anyway.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 10, 2012, 02:24:57 pm »

Catching up now, will make small comments as I get to posts. Expect a whole bunch of small posts as I catch up.

Galz, were you roleblocked last night too? Because our flavor with the scoop-in-the-mouth is the same. But it seems weird to me that Strawberry and Vanilla would have the same effect. Archetype had a specific role, tracker, yet these guys have the same one? That seems weird. Unless it's just the same "flavor" (ie scoop in the mouth) for two different roles.

I'm not going to out joth, but as far as I know all the different scoops have different powers. I know Archetype and I had different powers, and joth claims something different. I have no reason to believe that joth would also be a Roleblocker.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 10, 2012, 02:30:47 pm »

Jorbles is no longer online, but I'd like to ask him what he thinks of jo.

I could definitely see jo's "I'm being framed" thing as a gambit. Like I said before, it seems really odd that two neapolitan people would be roleblockers. Perhaps jo can shed some light on what his thing did.

It could be important to note (though maybe not very likely) that jo could be on the mafia team and that he performed the factional kill on top of any other role he otherwise would have. And then the kill showed up with the vanilla ice cream scoop flavor just because.

I agree that jo could be gambitting, in which case it makes Galzria look bad because he's backing him up. I don't know for sure that the entire neighbourhood wasn't town though. It's possible, but I'm not super convinced. I could see him doing it as town too. I considered outing us to the town as well, but the reason I didn't is that I thought the smart play as a scum neighbour after Archetype's lynch would just be to NK the other player instead of gambitting the next day. Then you get all the scoops for yourself and you never get outted as the other neighbour to the town, and no one has any reason to suspect you. Gambitting in that situation just doesn't seem like the best play.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 10, 2012, 02:33:36 pm »

It would be a twofold lie:

Robz claims to target Watno, which is why he's covered in paint. Instead he targeted Joth, stealing his flavour, and killing Insomniac with it.

But then how did he get covered in paint? Because Watno never shot Jorbles as stated. He shot Robz. Why? Because he wanted to know if anybody targeted his scumbuddy Robz.

And he targeted Insomniac, whom Robz planned to kill, to SEE if anybody else happened to target him, thus setting up a potential frame.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but it DOES work almost as neatly as Jorbles/Watno.

For that matter, I'm still waiting for Watno to explain how it is he only managed to see one person target Insomniac when it's clear two did.

And it WOULD bee nice to know why  as Ashersky asked, Robz' "targeting" Watno prevented the paintball shots on Jorbles and not Insomniac.

I don't know what's going with the paint, but I would like to say I had nothing in my night message about paint or the colour cyan at all. Publicly covering people with paint seems like a town power though doesn't it?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 10, 2012, 02:35:52 pm »

Could Frisk be a strongman-ninja SK, is that a thing?
Oh wait that doesn't explain anything because Frisk isn't responsible for the ice cream crushing either way, so that wouldn't explain Watno only seeing one guy!!
So where I was getting at, rather slowly (obviously Frisk isn't ninja, he just got tracked..):

Two guys killed Insomniac. Watno claims he tracked Insomniac and only saw one guy target him. Either someone somehow crushed Insomniac with an ice cream cone without getting tracked (so ninja Jorbles or ninja Joth most likely, or someone can mess with the flavor which I find super hard to believe) or Watno is lying. If Watno is lying, he is scum. Right?

I know this looks self preserving, but with what we've seen of the claimed roles at this point I would not be surprised at all if someone had the ability to make someone else's flavour associated with an action, such as the NK.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 10, 2012, 02:36:57 pm »

It could be important to note (though maybe not very likely) that jo could be on the mafia team and that he performed the factional kill on top of any other role he otherwise would have. And then the kill showed up with the vanilla ice cream scoop flavor just because.

I agree that jo could be gambitting, in which case it makes Galzria look bad because he's backing him up. I don't know for sure that the entire neighbourhood wasn't town though. It's possible, but I'm not super convinced. I could see him doing it as town too. I considered outing us to the town as well, but the reason I didn't is that I thought the smart play as a scum neighbour after Archetype's lynch would just be to NK the other player instead of gambitting the next day. Then you get all the scoops for yourself and you never get outted as the other neighbour to the town, and no one has any reason to suspect you. Gambitting in that situation just doesn't seem like the best play.

This is a really good point. The fact that I'm still alive does tend to clear Jorbles a bit, unless insomniac was a much higher priority kill for some reason.

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: October 10, 2012, 02:37:45 pm »

See - I think that as scum with daytalking neighbors, I would absolutely not want to kill them.  I assum this is why Galz kept me alive in BMMMMMM1, because he could talk / guide me privately.  Saving up your scoops?  You and Joth had 7?  Even 1 per night is going to last you a long time.  How often do you live to day 4?

If Joth is scum, then I think he just might not have realized that his flavor was going to be so obvious.  As you can see from my PM, I knew that I was strong, but the exact flavor of kill wasn't described to me.

--

The RobZ situation is a strange one, everything seems to point at him (covered in cyan), scummy rolename, lack of pasting role text despite it being pretty clear that its cool to do so.

What is it about RMMM games that result in us lynching so quickly?  Didn't we have like some 2 hour days for RMMM1?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 10, 2012, 02:47:46 pm »

See - I think that as scum with daytalking neighbors, I would absolutely not want to kill them.  I assum this is why Galz kept me alive in BMMMMMM1, because he could talk / guide me privately.  Saving up your scoops?  You and Joth had 7?  Even 1 per night is going to last you a long time.  How often do you live to day 4?

If Joth is scum, then I think he just might not have realized that his flavor was going to be so obvious.  As you can see from my PM, I knew that I was strong, but the exact flavor of kill wasn't described to me.

As scum I think the best reason for not killing me is that then he's outed as the other neighbour. Keeping me alive so joth can then frame me, lynch me and then setup himself for the next lynch? It doesn't seem to have a lot of forethought. That's why I don't think it's scummy because it doesn't seem like a good idea when you think it past one lynch.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 10, 2012, 02:58:47 pm »

@Robz: The thing is, you're pretty good at sounding townie, but the facts point straaaight to you.

I gotta agree with this. I'm going to not vote until I finish catching up, but Robz looks super scummy to me right now. I've seen him swear himself blue he was town when all the facts pointed to him being scum before. I don't know the vote count so I'm not going to vote just yet, but I will once I've caught up unless something more compelling happens.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 10, 2012, 03:00:16 pm »

Vote Count 2.4

Captain_Frisk (1): Watno
Jorbles (1): cayvie
Robz888 (5): ashersky, Dsell, Eevee, Galzria, jotheonah
Watno (1): Robz888

Not voting (5): Captain_Frisk, ftl, Jorbles, Lekkit, shraeye

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Lynch deadline: Monday, October 22, 7:00pm MDT

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 10, 2012, 03:10:38 pm »

Okay caught up. Voting for Robz would put him at L-1 and I think we should have a town direction for Frisk's kill before we do that. I personally agree that with Frisk not using his action is probably the best move. I'll check back in later today, see if we have consensus, and vote for Robz if we do, hold off if we don't.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 10, 2012, 03:13:32 pm »

Before you kill me. I ask that each person who is voting for me say to himself, "Was this what scum Robz would have done?" If you think the answer is yes, I accept that I am today's lynch.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 10, 2012, 03:23:34 pm »

Okay caught up. Voting for Robz would put him at L-1 and I think we should have a town direction for Frisk's kill before we do that. I personally agree that with Frisk not using his action is probably the best move. I'll check back in later today, see if we have consensus, and vote for Robz if we do, hold off if we don't.

I've said in the past, though it probably got overlooked, that I do not think he should fire.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 10, 2012, 03:25:22 pm »

Before you kill me. I ask that each person who is voting for me say to himself, "Was this what scum Robz would have done?" If you think the answer is yes, I accept that I am today's lynch.

I believe I've already answered that, and the answer is yes. Simply because I believe scum Robz would play that way so that he can use the "would scum Robz play this way" defense. Especially in a RMM game.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 10, 2012, 03:28:05 pm »

I believe I've already answered that, and the answer is yes. Simply because I believe scum Robz would play that way so that he can use the "would scum Robz play this way" defense. Especially in a RMM game.

You have, thank you. Hopefully this will turn out to be an educational experience about what scum Robz would or would not do. And I don't mind being lynched as much when I'm town, so. Farewell.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 10, 2012, 03:36:26 pm »

So to confirm - I am NOT strangling tonight - regardless of a RobZ flip?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 10, 2012, 03:38:04 pm »

So to confirm - I am NOT strangling tonight - regardless of a RobZ flip?

That would be my vote. I believe Eevee, Dsell and Jorbles are in agreement as well.

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 10, 2012, 03:40:32 pm »

And what does it prove?  We wait for scum to kill me and prove my claim?  Gives town more time to take night actions?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 10, 2012, 03:46:35 pm »

And what does it prove?  We wait for scum to kill me and prove my claim?  Gives town more time to take night actions?

What it doesn't do, is take unnecessary shots, that may or may not be helpful to the town, thus allowing a SK CF easier path to victory

What it doesn't do, is allow for bussing or redirecting. If you say "I'll kill X", and Y turns up strangled, you'll swear up and down that you targeted X - and we won't know if you're lying or not.

What it DOES, is extend the game by reducing deaths - and it's been shown in past games that the more game days there are, the better town seems to do, because it creates more information to work with. This is especially true in Role-Madness games.

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 10, 2012, 03:53:58 pm »

What it doesn't do, is take unnecessary shots, that may or may not be helpful to the town, thus allowing a SK CF easier path to victory

What it doesn't do, is allow for bussing or redirecting. If you say "I'll kill X", and Y turns up strangled, you'll swear up and down that you targeted X - and we won't know if you're lying or not.

What it DOES, is extend the game by reducing deaths - and it's been shown in past games that the more game days there are, the better town seems to do, because it creates more information to work with. This is especially true in Role-Madness games.

Sigh... a role madness game in which I can't use my role :(

I agree though - for all of the reasons other than the SK one - since I am not SK.... I can just feel my impending doom coming and I don't like it.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 10, 2012, 04:05:48 pm »

Sigh... a role madness game in which I can't use my role :(

I agree though - for all of the reasons other than the SK one - since I am not SK.... I can just feel my impending doom coming and I don't like it.

Better than a Role-Madness game where you've essentially been assigned "no-role", which is the case for me. i don't blame eHal - it wasn't intentional - but it's how it worked out.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 106  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 15 queries.