Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 82  All

Author Topic: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Mafia Wins  (Read 186570 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Day3
« Reply #1300 on: July 29, 2013, 05:44:55 pm »

I think that you're probably town, and I think that Eevee is probably town. If Ash is also town, that leaves two scum in Mcmc/Jimmm/Raerae/Liopoil. I think that there was almost certainly at least 1 scum on Voltaire's bandwagon, so I'd look in Mcmc/Jimmm for a scum. Wouldn't surprise me if one of Raerae/Liopoil was scum, as well.

Hedge much?  Basically everyone but you, Eevee, and chairs are scum.
So only absolute certainty here is towny, yet you also used the "TA is so certain he has got to be scum" argument earlier?

Maybe I shouldn't even point out these things anymore..

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 29, 2013, 05:46:21 pm »

Liopoil, why have you done so little in this game?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 29, 2013, 05:49:06 pm »

I think that you're probably town, and I think that Eevee is probably town. If Ash is also town, that leaves two scum in Mcmc/Jimmm/Raerae/Liopoil. I think that there was almost certainly at least 1 scum on Voltaire's bandwagon, so I'd look in Mcmc/Jimmm for a scum. Wouldn't surprise me if one of Raerae/Liopoil was scum, as well.

So only absolute certainty here is towny, yet you also used the "TA is so certain he has got to be scum" argument earlier?

I think a list that says "whelp, everyone could be scum" is just making sure no matter what town he gets mislynched, he's covered.

I've taken firm stands on a small number of players.  I can be held accountable.  TA can't.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: July 29, 2013, 06:24:15 pm »

TA is scum = I am pretty sure Eevee is supporting/protecting his partner.  Mcmc and Jimmmmm are possibles.

TA not scum = lessens suspicion on Eevee, of course, so mcmc > Jimmmmm > Eevee.

So what you're saying is that Eevee and I are so obviously scum partners buddying up this much to get one mislynch?

You're really calling an Eevee-TA scumteam here. Do you really think, if we were the team, we'd be this obvious about it? I mean, yeah we could get an Ashersky mislynch if that was the case, but that's not a good scum play.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 29, 2013, 06:25:35 pm »

I think a list that says "whelp, everyone could be scum" is just making sure no matter what town he gets mislynched, he's covered.

I've taken firm stands on a small number of players.  I can be held accountable.  TA can't.

What? How am I not taking firm stands? I think Ashersky is scum. I think Eevee is town. I think Chairs is town. I think the other 4 players are somewhere in between. There's no less firm stands there than what you've done!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: July 29, 2013, 06:33:58 pm »

TA is scum = I am pretty sure Eevee is supporting/protecting his partner.  Mcmc and Jimmmmm are possibles.

So what you're saying is that Eevee and I are so obviously scum partners buddying up this much to get one mislynch?

You're really calling an Eevee-TA scumteam here. Do you really think, if we were the team, we'd be this obvious about it? I mean, yeah we could get an Ashersky mislynch if that was the case, but that's not a good scum play.

Basically, yes.  In the same vein as your argument (that Eevee has mimicked, btw) that my play is a scum gambit.  You point out that the way you and Eevee are interacting is obviously bad play for the scum team, so you can't be the scum team.  And that's exactly why you would play that way.

You have to see how that's the same type of argument you are using against me and my "self-voting gambit" that you keep claiming is what happened D1.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 29, 2013, 06:35:12 pm »

Basically, yes.  In the same vein as your argument (that Eevee has mimicked, btw) that my play is a scum gambit.  You point out that the way you and Eevee are interacting is obviously bad play for the scum team, so you can't be the scum team.  And that's exactly why you would play that way.

You have to see how that's the same type of argument you are using against me and my "self-voting gambit" that you keep claiming is what happened D1.

Oh, it is. But why is that argument valid when the one against you isn't?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: July 29, 2013, 06:36:48 pm »

What? How am I not taking firm stands? I think Ashersky is scum. I think Eevee is town. I think Chairs is town. I think the other 4 players are somewhere in between. There's no less firm stands there than what you've done!

TA, there are 8 people alive.  That's 7 suspects for you to find 2 scum.  It's time to find teams, man.  And what you can't (or aren't) doing is trying to find a partner for me that fits your "ash is scum" narrative.  Anyone that made sense as my partner (Robz / shraeye) have died.

You declared Eevee and Chairs town, so to me one is prob!scum.  Everyone else is possible scum to you.  Doesn't compute, though.  If you are right about everything, you still haven't found my partner.

You have TA/Eevee/Chairs as the town team and ash/Jimmmmm/mcmc/liopoil/raerae as the scum team.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 29, 2013, 06:37:01 pm »

Oh, it is. But why is that argument valid when the one against you isn't?

So you agree your argument against me is invalid?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: July 29, 2013, 07:04:25 pm »

TA, there are 8 people alive.  That's 7 suspects for you to find 2 scum.  It's time to find teams, man.  And what you can't (or aren't) doing is trying to find a partner for me that fits your "ash is scum" narrative.  Anyone that made sense as my partner (Robz / shraeye) have died.

You declared Eevee and Chairs town, so to me one is prob!scum.  Everyone else is possible scum to you.  Doesn't compute, though.  If you are right about everything, you still haven't found my partner.

You have TA/Eevee/Chairs as the town team and ash/Jimmmmm/mcmc/liopoil/raerae as the scum team.

Why do I need to find both partners at once? I think you are scum, and you make sense as an Nkirbit partner. Third partner is doing a pretty good job staying hidden right now.

We lynch one person at a time, not two at a time -- just because I don't know who your partner is doesn't make my read on you any less valid. One scum at a time.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: July 29, 2013, 07:59:56 pm »

Guys, I'm exhausted, first day of work in almost a month and it was 9 hours of training and staring at multiple computer screens.  Can I be excused until tomorrow night, please?  I just can't do this tonight.  Ash, TA, you've both given your opinions now please, stop yelling at each other for a minute or two.  I'll be back tonight if I can get a second wind, otherwise I'll be back tomorrow with thoughts.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: July 30, 2013, 08:35:55 am »

Vote Count 3.5

While the missionary was on the phone Yvette the Maid took charge. She told everyone that they needed to make the bodies look natural. Like they were having a house party.

"You take Professor Plum and Wadsworth the Butler and put them in the Billiard's Room. Make it look like they are playing a round of pool," she said to The Singing Telegram Girl and The Mechanic.

"Mr. Green, you and The Cook take Miss Scarlet and Mrs. Peacock to the Lounge. Make it look like they are having a good time knitting or something."

The guests willingly complied in an attempt to trick the intruder in the mansion.

As Mr. Green carried Miss Scarlet's upper-body he noticed something interesting on the floor. It was a small black tube. He couldn't reach down to pick it up though and decided he would come back for it later. However, The Cook followed him carrying Miss Scarlet's lower body she clumsily kicked it down the hall toward the Conservatory.

"So what do you do for a living, Mr. Green?" asked The Cook.

"I'm in plants and fruits," said Mr. Green. "We should talk business sometime. I think you and I would have a lot in common."

No lynch: (3) liopoil, Jimmmmmm, TA (L-2)
TA: (1) ashersky

Not voting: (4) raerae, mcmcsalot, chairs, Eevee

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline for Day3 is August 6 at 2 pm forum time.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 01:45:24 pm by yuma »

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: July 30, 2013, 11:46:25 am »

Ahhhhh! I am here, catching up apologies to allllll.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 30, 2013, 11:54:36 am »

No lynch is a go ahead for me! Also reads from days 1-2 with flip info don't change.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 30, 2013, 12:00:56 pm »

In #602, Ashersky's "want to lynch" list includes, Mcmc, Robz, TA, Volt. 2/4 of these are confirmed town, I personally know that 3/4 are town. Lists Nkirbit right in the middle of the list.

So did scum!ash really list only townies in his list?  Go back through all the games where we do these lists.  Scum puts one partner high on the scum list, the other low.

Also, it was my idea that we all do the lists.  I did it to trap myself?

Oh this is interesting, I know I'm town, I don't think scum!ash follows any rule of where to put partners. The fact that you make the argument you wouldn't do "X" makes me waay more likely to believe you would. So big scum read coming off of that statement alone.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 30, 2013, 12:05:12 pm »

So why do I think TA is scum and not incorrect town?

1)  TA has tunnelled me the entire game.  He was the strongest pusher for my death on D1, he opens D3 with a DBZ against me.  He has been remarkably consistent, in fact.  And that is his downfall.  Town!TA's most recognizeable feature is his willingness to rethink things from every angle.  He is not afraid to change a read.  He often has an epiphanic moment where he will change a read from town to scum, or vice versa.  In short, he has rarely, if ever, carried a scum read over three days and done nothing but push that read for the entire game.  TA doesn't tunnel, he scumhunts.  TA has an epic ability to read TOWN members very well.  He may not always catch scum, but I trust his town radar.  The fact that he has consistently and forcefully pushed for my lynch the entire game without even a minute amount of doubt or rethought makes it clear to me that he already knows my alignment.

2)  I believe he's been planning my mislynch since my D1 play.  He was unhappy that I wasn't the lynch on D1.  He was extremely annoyed at my anti-plan stance.  He has ensured that the night kills each night have been pro-Ash townies.  Let me bold that for you.  Scum has killed pro-ash townies every night.  Scum!ash doesn't kill his only supporters off.  I used to hate being mislynched.  Some of you will remember this.  I've come to appreciate scum's need to mislynch townies.  TA's fallen for the same romantic ideal of the "perfectly easy mislynch" that is ashersky.  It is aggravating when it doesn't happen, right?

3)  I believe his DBZ was pre-written before the day started, after he decided to kill Robz.  Pre-writing stuff isn't scummy, of course.  But it fits into the plan he has to get me mislynched.  No one can argue with the point that Robz would have been clearly defending me today.  raerae is still alive, at least.  But it only takes three townies to mislynch me, and assuming raerae is town, if Robz was alive right now, I'm in no danger of death.  The points in the DBZ are manipulatively written and misleading, and use the dead against me.  It tells a tale spun by a weaver of untruths and death.

This is however compelling.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 30, 2013, 12:07:33 pm »

Ash why are you not considering the fact that I'm mistaken town, and why are you making this "me or you?"

Where is the slip, was there post editing I'm confused.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: July 30, 2013, 12:15:40 pm »

We are currently at 6 vs. 2.  We each have a 2/7 chance of finding scum.  A no lynch + NK makes it 5 vs. 2, upping chances to 1/3 in LYLO.

Consider instead a mislynch today, plus an NK tonight.  That puts us at 4 vs. 2 with a 1/3 chance for each townie to catch scum.

So, both a no lynch and a mislynch results in LYLO tomorrow with a 1/3 chance for each townie.  I guess I'm not super convinced a no lynch helps, when we look at it like that.  Especially because scum won't kill off anyone that's a likely mislynch to help us out.

But 5 vs 2 isn't lylo (in fact neither is 4 v 2, but it is mylo).

If we lynch town at 5 vs 2, then town is NK'ed, it's 3 v 2 the next day, so you are right, that's LYLO there. At 4 v 2, we mislynch and lose, no lynch and end up at 3 v 2.

You are right, my math was wrong.  5 v 2 gives us an extra day, in theory, which is today, the no lynch day.  I guess technically we could no lynch three times (from 6 v 2 to 3 v 2), but that's dumb.

I don't know.  I still prefer to just lynch scum.

The extra day is important because:

Mislynch+nk means 4 townies trying to find 2 scum.
Nk+mislynch+nk means 3 townies trying to find 2 scum. Much better odds

Reason you would never no lynch repeatedly is the day isn't the reason, town wants to chose a lynch as much as possible, once that is achieve choosing a lynch among the smallest number of people is the next priority. No lynch is correct when it shrinks the pool of players without shrinking the number of town directed lynches. Also extra PR use is beneficial here.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 30, 2013, 12:16:28 pm »

Ash why are you not considering the fact that I'm mistaken town, and why are you making this "me or you?"

TA saying his is a mistaken townie implies he knows campaigning to get ash lynched is a mistake for town.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 30, 2013, 12:21:38 pm »

Ash is scum, no lynch, or still making himself be the center of attention for some reason taking away the ability to scum hunt for anyone esle super early in the day. Scummy. I will vote ash the open of tomorrow.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: July 30, 2013, 12:44:40 pm »

unvote to give raerae time to weigh in

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 30, 2013, 12:46:47 pm »

TA saying his is a mistaken townie implies he knows campaigning to get ash lynched is a mistake for town.

No, I'm saying that why is ash sure that, if he's town, I'm scum and not a mistaken townie?

But he answered it in a previous post that I had missed

The "slip" is that I said "fact" I'm mistaken ie I know ash is town ie I'm scum. Not a slip, but make of it what you will I guess.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 30, 2013, 01:09:06 pm »

I'm not seeing it as a slip.

I'm in favor of no-lynching it today since a clear, logical explanation has come up for it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 30, 2013, 04:41:33 pm »

Ash is scum, no lynch, or still making himself be the center of attention for some reason taking away the ability to scum hunt for anyone esle super early in the day. Scummy. I will vote ash the open of tomorrow.

Without the word vote, that bold doesn't count.

Also, just vote for me, if you are going to make statements like this.  I don't understand why you need the no lynch if you are this sure.  It's as perplexing as TA's stance.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 30, 2013, 05:57:04 pm »

Without the word vote, that bold doesn't count.

Also, just vote for me, if you are going to make statements like this.  I don't understand why you need the no lynch if you are this sure.  It's as perplexing as TA's stance.

vote: no lynch

Please answer, do you honestly not understand why no lynch is superior.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 82  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.