Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 82  All

Author Topic: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Mafia Wins  (Read 189040 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Day3
« Reply #1350 on: July 30, 2013, 07:51:49 pm »

I admit my scum read on Eevee may be frustration with him.
Frustration due to me reading you incorrectly and siding with ta, or for something else?

Fwiw I see merit in your accusations and could really see TA being scum or you both being town. I come off too anti-ash because I dislike the way you present some of your arguments, and I apologize for it.

I guess I don't like it that you don't believe me more.  I've known you the longest of anyone left alive, and we've been scum partners multiple times.  Probably not fair that I project high expectations on you.  And of course you could be scum manipulating all this. :)

I completely understand the reactions to my style.  I don't hold it against you.  I am irritating when I'm town and on these war paths.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 30, 2013, 07:51:55 pm »

Ok, back and around 75% capacity.  Thoughts!

1. TA looks way scummier than Ash.  Like super scummy.  Like, usually I'm good at pegging town v town and this doesn't give me that same vibe and TA has been shadetacular all game.  This would be my preferred lynch if we don't no lynch.

For what reasons?

Also, how are you feeling about no-lynch?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 30, 2013, 07:54:28 pm »

Ash, what do you think about the fact that we've been the only topic of conversation today? If we're both town, no one's going to have any incentive to move the conversation anywhere (Eevee pointing out Liopoil is the only other observation that's been made today).

If we're one scum/ one town (from either mine or your point of view), would you expect the conversation to remain solely on us, or wander elsewhere? It's definitely gotten into a "one of them is scum" mindset, which is great if we're both town.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 30, 2013, 07:55:10 pm »

Frustration due to me reading you incorrectly and siding with ta, or for something else?

Fwiw I see merit in your accusations and could really see TA being scum or you both being town. I come off too anti-ash because I dislike the way you present some of your arguments, and I apologize for it.

I guess I don't like it that you don't believe me more.  I've known you the longest of anyone left alive, and we've been scum partners multiple times.  Probably not fair that I project high expectations on you.  And of course you could be scum manipulating all this. :)

I completely understand the reactions to my style.  I don't hold it against you.  I am irritating when I'm town and on these war paths.

What a guilt trip this is!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 30, 2013, 07:57:19 pm »

Ash, what do you think about the fact that we've been the only topic of conversation today? If we're both town, no one's going to have any incentive to move the conversation anywhere (Eevee pointing out Liopoil is the only other observation that's been made today).

If we're one scum/ one town (from either mine or your point of view), would you expect the conversation to remain solely on us, or wander elsewhere? It's definitely gotten into a "one of them is scum" mindset, which is great if we're both town.

Great for scum, I assume you meant.  Scum slip!!!!  jk

I think that, if this ends up town/town, it wasn't great.  I think scum have two options: pick a side that seems townier to the majority, and have some wiggle room after the first mislynch happens; or try not to take a side (liopoil/chairs style).

In the town/scum scenario, if scum is winning, I think the partner lets it continue.  If scum is losing, partner may try to move conversation along and/or get the no lynch through sooner rather than later.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 30, 2013, 07:57:34 pm »

Why are you feeling guilty?

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 30, 2013, 07:58:11 pm »

1. TA looks way scummier than Ash.  Like super scummy.  Like, usually I'm good at pegging town v town and this doesn't give me that same vibe and TA has been shadetacular all game.  This would be my preferred lynch if we don't no lynch.

For what reasons?

Also, how are you feeling about no-lynch?

Inhaling a salad and finishing work homework, I'll get to that soon.  I feel like today has flown by so I'm not eager to end it and have another not much to go on day so I'd prefer to finish a reread before voting.  I see the benefits of a no lynch but I don't see the benefits of ending today right now.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 30, 2013, 08:05:21 pm »

Why are you feeling guilty?
Have you, like, been murdering people at night, or something?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 30, 2013, 09:16:50 pm »

2. mcmc swoops in and says his D1 reads haven't changed but STILL hasn't explained them.  Gives very little input on anything.  Pegs Ash as scummier than TA but then calls TA scummy too soooooo...I don't understand. 
3. chairs.  Is he still in this game?  Has he contributed anything?  Like, ever?  Scum doesn't really seem to be shooting for PRs (shraeye and Robz?  Really?)  So...why is the claimed "vt" still alive?
4.  Eevee is back and up to snuff, I don't understand Ash's accusations here.
5.  Jimmmmmmm, ever the mystery.  Helpful and townie.  But he was in LOTR too.  All the same, leaning townie.
6.  Lio, no lynch suggestion is pretty townie.  Had it come later, like after the Ash/TA thing, then I'd think he was trying to protect one of them but scum would still want to get a mislynch off today if possible so, townish.

PPE:  So...chairs, did you realize you put no lynch at L-1 or did you think that was the hammer?

Didn't pay any attention to the votes.

I guess you guys want a longer day, though?  I can unvote, no big deal.  I just didn't see anything productive coming out of TA and ash yelling at each other until the 6th.  I've pretty much lost interest in this game over it.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 30, 2013, 09:18:19 pm »

Well, to turn the discussion elsewhere, what do you think of liopoil, chairs?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 30, 2013, 09:18:49 pm »

I guess you guys want a longer day, though?  I can unvote, no big deal.  I just didn't see anything productive coming out of TA and ash yelling at each other until the 6th.  I've pretty much lost interest in this game over it.

Then get us talking about other things, man.  What do YOU think needs to be discussed?  Who do you want to check out?  I get how you can be frustrated that TA and I took over the thread for awhile, but we've toned it down.  Do some contributing of your own.

We saved you on D1, remember.  At the expense of our vigilante, by the way.  Earn your keep!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 30, 2013, 09:29:22 pm »

oh hey, this game...

well, I'm still not 100% sold on either case at all. I support no lynch.

however, I am a bit worried about people making this a TA-or-Ash thing, I could see them both being town for sure. props to eevee for looking elsewhere, even if it is in the wrong place, at me.

I think TA is more likely to be scum than Ash. And that's not so much that ash's case is great, it's more that I now have a bit of a townread on ashersky, and I think I have read him well in the past. The townread is because, well, he's being crazy. And really, he isn't as insane as scum. look at mean girls. sure, he fakeclaimed, but that's a different type of crazy, that's just good strategy. here, I don't think scum!ash would react so strongly to TA, because he would know that it would turn it into a me-or-him thing like it did. And I DO think that a lot of ash's case on TA is based off of him being frustrated at TA for incorrectly finding him scummy. So I'm not sold on lynching TA either, but I do need to look at the case again, I may have misrepresented it here.

I don't know why raerae has been so free of suspicion, she hasn't done anything particularly towny, and has been a bit in the background, like raerae in bankers. raerae is usually more loud.

so in regard to TA-Ash, I think from most likely to least likely:

ash town, TA town
ash town, TA scum
ash scum, TA scum (could have easily been staged, yes?)
ash scum, TA town.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 30, 2013, 09:33:20 pm »

Liopoil, on a re-read, seems pretty towny to me.

Ironically, the more I read back (to reread liopoil) the more sold I am on scum!ash, insofar as the arguments ash has made that are next to lio's posts.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 30, 2013, 09:34:39 pm »

Why would they want to stage it though? Why would scum deliberately make it a "me or him" with their partner?

I agree with the point about raerae, by the way. I was thinking who are the most likely to be mafia and poe'd myself into thinking "no way both raerae and liopoil are town". I have a better track record of reading liopoil, so that's why I "came after him", but this reply from lio feels towny (and either way further cements my "either is likely to be scum" theory).

I'm not sure if it's smart to post this, but I'd probably be looking to lynch from [raerae, liopoil, chairs] tomorrow, barring no new information.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 30, 2013, 09:35:09 pm »

OK, guys, this is taking a lot longer than I anticipated.  Give me one more day.  We don't have any hw on the schedule for tomorrow so I can finish up my say tomorrow night. 

Chairs, that's a pretty easy excuse, Ash and TA cooled off ages ago.  Get to scumhunting already if you don't buy/like what they're saying.

PPE:  Are you f-ing kidding me, lio??  Me?  In the background?  Robz is getting a lot of cred for being pro-Ash D1 but I was just as loud.  Contrary to TA's case on Ash, it wasn't kermit who presented the original chairs case, it was me.  I'm the one who stopped D3 from being as useless at D2.  Don't you dare misrepresent me as playing background. 

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: July 30, 2013, 09:36:37 pm »

I think you totally are too, although to be fair I haven't reread and your recent quietness might be impairing my judgement on the subject.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 30, 2013, 09:37:31 pm »

Why would they want to stage it though? Why would scum deliberately make it a "me or him" with their partner?

I agree with the point about raerae, by the way. I was thinking who are the most likely to be mafia and poe'd myself into thinking "no way both raerae and liopoil are town". I have a better track record of reading liopoil, so that's why I "came after him", but this reply from lio feels towny (and either way further cements my "either is likely to be scum" theory).

I'm not sure if it's smart to post this, but I'd probably be looking to lynch from [raerae, liopoil, chairs] tomorrow, barring no new information.

Is this after a no-lynch, and before a Ash/TA lynch?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 30, 2013, 09:38:06 pm »

Robz is dead, there is no cred to be given to him anymore.

Original chairs case is a good point, means it's less likely you two are a scum team. (This is why we should reread!) How was it you that stopped D3 being useless? Serious question, I don't remember what you did.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 30, 2013, 09:41:53 pm »

You too, Eevee?  For crying out loud I swear on everything that is good and holy in this world I walked into a good-old-boys club with the wrong parts. 

D3 was cruising for a no-lynch.  We were at L-2 when I posted this...
Hi folks, I see a lot of pages have happened since I went to sleep last night.  I start a new job today so daytime posting will drop dramatically going forward.  Can we please all keep our pants on for a little bit longer and not decide on a lynch or no lynch right now this very moment?  If we no lynch right now we have another worthless day because D2 had no meaningful conversation and today has just been ash/TA back and forth with a bit of Jimmmmmm and Eevee thrown in for flavor.  Chairs, lio, mcmc, and myself have been a bit absent.  At the very least, let's let mcmc make more than one post today, shall we?

Guess what happened after that? Oh yeah, we slowed down on the no-lynch stuff.  We got more content.  D3 was extended so town has reactions to read.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 30, 2013, 09:42:19 pm »

Is this after a no-lynch, and before a Ash/TA lynch?
Indeedy. I absolutely disagree with the scum on scum idea, and everyone supporting lynching either of you makes me feel it's more and more likely you two are town on town.
Also, it's just really hard to tell between you two! I'm going back and forth with siding with either of you, makes me wonder why on earth I'm not looking at the people who aren't deliberately putting themselves to the foreground.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 30, 2013, 09:46:16 pm »

You too, Eevee?  For crying out loud I swear on everything that is good and holy in this world I walked into a good-old-boys club with the wrong parts. 

Hi folks, I see a lot of pages have happened since I went to sleep last night.  I start a new job today so daytime posting will drop dramatically going forward.  Can we please all keep our pants on for a little bit longer and not decide on a lynch or no lynch right now this very moment?  If we no lynch right now we have another worthless day because D2 had no meaningful conversation and today has just been ash/TA back and forth with a bit of Jimmmmmm and Eevee thrown in for flavor.  Chairs, lio, mcmc, and myself have been a bit absent.  At the very least, let's let mcmc make more than one post today, shall we?

Guess what happened after that? Oh yeah, we slowed down on the no-lynch stuff.  We got more content.  D3 was extended so town has reactions to read.
I wholeheartedly agree with the notion, more discussion is good and I love the direction this game is finally starting to take. However, while I think your post showed some good protown rational thinking, I don't really see your post as an alignment tell. I know I personally wasn't rushing us to a nolynch without discussion until your post stopped me dead to my tracks.

Also, I think your reaction to these "accusations" is way overboard and feels faked. I've got varying degrees of town reads on Jimm and mcmc for their play and chairs for his VT claim, TA and ash clearly aren't minding attention, I'm calling out you and liopoil as a result of PoE. I don't see how you can get mad at that.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 30, 2013, 09:46:49 pm »

Rest assured it certainly isn't because you are of the female gender though!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 30, 2013, 10:45:17 pm »

Also your question is quite unsettling a how close it comes to pr fishing. You basically asked me and TA if we had confirmation you were scum. And if I do I would have answered the same way I just did.

Okay, rephrased:

If you had to end the day, and only you, and your choices were:

1) No Lynch
2) Lynch a player who was mod-confirmed publically in the thread to be 95% scum

Which do you choose?  I believe #2 is the level of conviction TA has that I am scum.  Is it yours?

Better question :) I would choose to no lynch.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 31, 2013, 08:57:36 am »

Calm your briches, I don't think anyone was really OMG NO LYCH RIGHT NOW VOTEVOTEVOTE like your making it sound. For the same matter I don't feel you have been unhelpful, I just think your trying to make yourself sound a bit like towns savior. This is actually not something I peg scum raerae with, so town read for you.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 31, 2013, 08:58:58 am »

Calm your briches, I don't think anyone was really OMG NO LYCH RIGHT NOW VOTEVOTEVOTE like your making it sound. For the same matter I don't feel you have been unhelpful, I just think your trying to make yourself sound a bit like towns savior. This is actually not something I peg scum raerae with, so town read for you.
What do you think of lio? Can you refresh those of us who have forgotten what your reads are?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 82  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 15 queries.