Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M54: Musical Mafia - GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN!  (Read 107133 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: M54: Musical Mafia - D1
« Reply #300 on: November 23, 2014, 04:00:50 am »

Anyway, some reads and thoughts.

I have not played any games with sudgy, so I don't know anything about sudgy wagons. This is the first time I have heard about that. The whole argument that he shouldn't get lynched because he always gets lynched is WIFOM and seems to be an attempt on sudgy's part to make other players look scummy for thinking sudgy seems scummy. I still don't like the way he opens the game with what to me essentially is asking who does and does not have a PR. If anyone player feels scummy to me this game, it's sudgy.

Ichi comes out and says he is fine with song claiming. He immediately suggests it in his opening post. The mod makes it clear that songs can be linked to roles, so I see this as a subtle attempt at role fishing on his part. He later on states that he doesn't think scum can't guess PRs from song claims which I think is a silly thing to say, especially for players that may have gone with very obvious songs. However, it is also possible ichi just threw this out there to see how other players would react. He then votes for pit who seems to be a pretty new player. He is like the third player to vote for pit, so I find this quite scummy, maybe even scummier than sudgy's claim suggestion earlier.

Hydrad--null

Teproc--null

XP--null

WW--null

pit--umm, don't really know much about this player. Never played with him, and his posts are null as they come.

hugo--don't know much about this player and not many posts from him either. Null.

adk--he seems to try to get a wagon against hugo who is a newbie from what I can gather. I'm not a fan of that. So, slight scum points for me there. I will keep a close eye on adk for sure.

silverspawn seems nullish to me so far.

chairs: oh man, I can't say how much I love chairs play style this game. I love his poetry and posts. It's unique and so much better than the lurker! chairs I played with in the past. This doesn't mean he's townie or anything but he's definitely getting a D1 pass from me.

eevee is against song claiming at first. Other than that, I am pretty null on him.

Overall, impressions, no one strikes me as really towny. So many players are null for me.  :( sudgy does seem a bit scummy at first. But, I really find ichi the scummiest of all the players. I am surprised on one else is voting for him.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 23, 2014, 04:01:01 am »

Vote: Ichi

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 23, 2014, 07:00:51 am »

Eevee being quiet on day 1 is pretty normal, I don't think I've played with Beyond Awesome yet... maybe the Greater Idea Mafia ?

ADK, why did you change your mind on sudgy ?

chairs convinced me with the magic of poetry.

1. If this is a lie: That definitely looks like scum to me (why would town lie about their reasons to think someone is scummy?)
2. If this the truth: If someone (potential scum) can convince him so easily to follow his / her vote, scum could abuse this to get wagons on town people. (I think 2 is less likely since he is one of the more experienced players)

Vote: ADK

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 23, 2014, 07:04:29 am »

I'n standing in the queue to board a plane for an impromptu holiday, so no long post, just letting you know I won't be on today. Good news is I'm coming to an american timezone, which should make participating in conversations when they happen easier. I'm not sure where my vote is at right now, but I'll vote: sudgy for pre-emptively painting anyone who dares join his wagon as opportunistic scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 23, 2014, 07:04:41 am »

Eevee being quiet on day 1 is pretty normal, I don't think I've played with Beyond Awesome yet... maybe the Greater Idea Mafia ?

ADK, why did you change your mind on sudgy ?

chairs convinced me with the magic of poetry.

1. If this is a lie: That definitely looks like scum to me (why would town lie about their reasons to think someone is scummy?)
2. If this the truth: If someone (potential scum) can convince him so easily to follow his / her vote, scum could abuse this to get wagons on town people. (I think 2 is less likely since he is one of the more experienced players)

Vote: ADK

And this is L-2 (meaning 2 votes are left to hammer (assuming chairs vote counts (you should announce this kind of stuff for L-X if X <= 2)))

vote: ADK. This is L-1

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 23, 2014, 07:13:13 am »

Uh now it looks like I'm deflecting from ADK.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 23, 2014, 07:42:14 am »

Uh now it looks like I'm deflecting from ADK.

Why is this a problem?  Only looks bad for you if ADK is scum, and if you think that is the case, why aren't you voting for him?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 23, 2014, 08:31:18 am »

I'm not sure why town!Eevee would be worried that it looks like he's deflecting, but I'm not sure why scum!Eevee would mention it so whatever.

I'm going to try to get a vote count together because this is a little muddy right now.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 23, 2014, 10:36:44 am »

Um yeah so I forgot I had started doing a votecount but ADK is only at L-2, silverspawn must have forgotten that chairs voted BA.

This is wher we're at :

A Drowned Kernel (5) : Hydrad, Hugovj, sudg, xxpittip, silverspawn
Hydrad (2) : Witherweaver, XerxesPraelor
sudgy (2) : Teproc, A Drowned Kernel
Beyond Awesome (1) : chairs
Ichimaru Gin (1) : Beyond Awesome

Not Voting (4) : Eevee, xxpittip, silverspawn, Ichimaru Gin
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 23, 2014, 10:37:28 am »

Looks like I missed Eevee's vote on sudgy.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 23, 2014, 10:38:32 am »

If I'm voting for ADK, I'm not not voting.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 23, 2014, 10:39:45 am »

I don't have much time to vote but for real, the fact that the sudgy wagon has stalled so much makes me like it a lot better. People (including me, I know) are switching votes around a lot, we need a real wagon. This game is lower priority to me right now than the other games but I'd be willing ot vote BA for lurkiness, Hydrad for Hydradness, and sudgy because the wagon stalled.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 23, 2014, 10:41:15 am »

I could get behind a ADK lynch, he's been uncharacteristically sheepy this game, but I'd much rather lynch sudgy or Ichimaru. I don't quite have a case on Ichi, but I remember feeling bad about him, I'll investigate that.

PPE : Right, that vote count was a mess, here's a fixed version :

A Drowned Kernel (5) : Hydrad, Hugovj, sudg, xxpittip, silverspawn
sudgy (3) : Teproc, A Drowned Kernel, Eevee
Hydrad (2) : Witherweaver, XerxesPraelor
Beyond Awesome (1) : chairs
Ichimaru Gin (1) : Beyond Awesome

Not Voting (2) : xxpittip, Ichimaru Gin

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 23, 2014, 10:41:46 am »

And xxpittip is still listed twice... only Ichi is not voting actually.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 23, 2014, 10:44:18 am »

Boo, no, you're one of the few people I think is towny.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 23, 2014, 10:46:23 am »

Yeah, Ichi has been reasonably active but has very litte content. His only vote outside of RVS was a lurker vote on xxpittip, it's particularly notable to me that he didn't vote for anyone when he caught up recently.

He's been talking a lot about flavor, about claiming, not committing to a lot of reads, and I think I remember scum!Ichi playing much like that in Legend of Zelda.

I might like his lynch better than sudgy's actually. vote : Ichimaru Gin

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 23, 2014, 10:47:17 am »

Boo, no, you're one of the few people I think is towny.

Well, convince me then.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 23, 2014, 11:58:50 am »

I wasn't in Legend of Zelda.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 23, 2014, 12:00:22 pm »

I wasn't in Legend of Zelda.

Right. I dont' remember the name of the game, but the one you won by lislynching Andrew at lylo after I caught WW as the Goon Cop.

Stack the Deck rerun, that's what it was.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 23, 2014, 12:09:05 pm »

I usually don't vote for that many people. Honestly your read on me is mystifying. I see no way or purpose to defend myself against such an argument. It makes me think you are scum.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 23, 2014, 12:13:11 pm »

Is this fabricated just to get a reaction out of me?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 23, 2014, 12:20:35 pm »

No... besides there's no need in crafting an argument to get a reaction on you, you always react the same way to anyone calling you scum.

I'm not sure what's so mystifying about my read though.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 23, 2014, 12:24:37 pm »

Do you mean I always react the same way as town and scum?

I can understand this given my play in Stack the Deck. I didn't really get any suspicion in that game, which really helped me I think. This is gonna suck if my scumplay in that game ends up ruining my town meta.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 23, 2014, 12:28:06 pm »

Do you mean I always react the same way as town and scum?

I can understand this given my play in Stack the Deck. I didn't really get any suspicion in that game, which really helped me I think. This is gonna suck if my scumplay in that game ends up ruining my town meta.

Yes, the better you do as scum the harder it is do convince people you're town. In Stack the Deck, I thought you were town most of the game because you were playing close to our town meta, so now it's a lot harder for me to see you as town if you're just doing the usual stuff.

As far as OMGUSing when people accuse you, that's a good question actually, I'll have to look that up. You definitely do it all the time as town.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 23, 2014, 12:29:47 pm »

Off the top of my head, I remember accusing you in DWII (you were scum, you probably remember that but I'm noting it for other people) and getting a similar reaction.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.