Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M54: Musical Mafia - GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN!  (Read 108083 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M54: Musical Mafia - D1
« Reply #350 on: November 24, 2014, 08:40:17 pm »

Here's a question.

Ichi, you keep saying I'm scummy. Why are you not voting ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 24, 2014, 08:40:41 pm »

Maybe "keep saying" is an overstatement, but you get my point.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 24, 2014, 08:46:36 pm »

I have pretty much no motivation to post as of now. I'll just wait for something to happen, since my participation is apparently more scummy than lurking.

Sorry, I don't buy this as legitimate.

Vote: Ichi

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 24, 2014, 08:48:55 pm »

Because I am feeling less certain that you are scum. I've OMGUS-voted much in the past, but over time realized it's not the most effective way to catch scum. I've had my share of town vs. town fights, so have come to realize that those suspecting me can be town as well. (Yes, it was quite the revelation for me).
Honestly, I'm still mystified at your scum read on me--since I consider you one of the better people at reading me.

I almost feel like claiming now, although not sure that it would be terribly productive.

Obviously I didn't mean what I said that I wouldn't post. Really though, deep down you know I'm town and I just haven't had a lot of content so far. What has actually happened? The discussion surrounding song-claiming and a few weak wagons. I gave some strong opinions about song claiming and eventually changed my mind based upon what others said.

If my responses to these questions are just supporting your read on me, then I guess I give up. We all have to be mislynched sometime right? Although it peeves me because of course I'm responsible for my own mislynch, which harms town.
PPE: 1

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 24, 2014, 08:51:18 pm »

I agree on ADK--although I think scum may also not defend their partner and just hope his lynch doesn't go through. Stalling the game is an effective tactic.

Nearly all of his posts are very short, and I don't even recall the case on him. A quick reread of all his posts didn't reveal anything that looked overtly scummy to me either. ADK's thoughts on the sudgy wagon are good I think.

We need more participation from the lurkers though!

Never mind, reading the rest of Ichi makes me want to

Unvote

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 24, 2014, 08:54:04 pm »

Vote: Beyond Awesome

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 24, 2014, 11:33:20 pm »

Ichi's latest seems very towny to me as far as defenses go. I don't agree with lynching ADK, whenever someone is universally suspected for something small, they are usually town. The stalling also implies scum likes the current game state. I still like lynching sudgy, I think his early play was very scummy and he hasn't done anything to convince me otherwise still.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 24, 2014, 11:44:16 pm »

ADK, are you seriously still RVS voting me?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 25, 2014, 01:13:40 am »

I don't get the ADK wagon. Can someone please explain why you guys think ADK is scum? I think I have only played with him in Greater Idea which was the first game I ever played, and I had no idea what was going on? Someone brought up the argument that scum might try to defend him or stop him from getting lynched. The fact the game has stalled with ADK a vote away from a lynch is interesting. ADK has not posted much to make me think he's not scum. I mean, when you are so close to being lynched, you would try to defend yourself a bit if you were town, I think. I don't get it. This actually makes me think it very much is possible that ADK is scum.

Intent to hammer.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 25, 2014, 01:45:07 am »

Well even though I like a ADK lynch we still have till friday. So don't feel forced to lynch right now unless nothing seems to happen and this game keeps slowing down.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 25, 2014, 01:49:59 am »

I'd wager that you hammering right now would be a pretty scummy move. Better to wait. At least give him a chance to claim, right?

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 25, 2014, 01:54:39 am »

vote: ADK

THIS IS L-1

I still don't particularly care for his "I like chairs' argument on sudgy" when I literally made none and just wrapped an empty vote in the sound of silence.

And for those of you who are missing my dope beats, don't worry, I'll bring more soon :)

It's more "I like a wagon and want to see where it will lead."
The wagon has multiple legitimate reasons and you haven't done much to defend yourself. Why should we not vote for you?

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 25, 2014, 01:57:17 am »

I'd wager that you hammering right now would be a pretty scummy move. Better to wait. At least give him a chance to claim, right?
Agreed, we have enough time to wait. No need to do anything too rushed.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 25, 2014, 01:58:50 am »

Actually. I take it back. I usually tend to support longer days being better for town and giving people chances, but this game has stalled a fair amount. It seems like people have been hitting scum D1 a lot more often. Town quickhammers could be a thing...

PPE 1: for sure. The existence of PR's means we should least give him a claiming chance. Unless ADK flips scum, hammering without a claim is bad, bad, bad.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 25, 2014, 02:05:46 am »

THIS IS L-1

I still don't particularly care for his "I like chairs' argument on sudgy" when I literally made none and just wrapped an empty vote in the sound of silence.

And for those of you who are missing my dope beats, don't worry, I'll bring more soon :)

It's more "I like a wagon and want to see where it will lead."
The wagon has multiple legitimate reasons and you haven't done much to defend yourself. Why should we not vote for you?

What exactly are those again?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 25, 2014, 02:12:18 am »

ADK, are you seriously still RVS voting me?

Other people are calling it RVS, not me.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 25, 2014, 02:21:39 am »

Sudgy:
Eevee being quiet on day 1 is pretty normal, I don't think I've played with Beyond Awesome yet... maybe the Greater Idea Mafia ?

ADK, why did you change your mind on sudgy ?

chairs convinced me with the magic of poetry.

Vote: ADK We have plenty to go off of already, you need more than RVS reasons to vote.

chairs:

THIS IS L-1

beyond awesome:
I don't get the ADK wagon. Can someone please explain why you guys think ADK is scum? I think I have only played with him in Greater Idea which was the first game I ever played, and I had no idea what was going on? Someone brought up the argument that scum might try to defend him or stop him from getting lynched. The fact the game has stalled with ADK a vote away from a lynch is interesting. ADK has not posted much to make me think he's not scum. I mean, when you are so close to being lynched, you would try to defend yourself a bit if you were town, I think. I don't get it. This actually makes me think it very much is possible that ADK is scum.

Intent to hammer.

pit:

1. If this is a lie: That definitely looks like scum to me (why would town lie about their reasons to think someone is scummy?)
2. If this the truth: If someone (potential scum) can convince him so easily to follow his / her vote, scum could abuse this to get wagons on town people. (I think 2 is less likely since he is one of the more experienced players)

Vote: ADK

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 25, 2014, 02:36:21 am »

Sudgy:
Eevee being quiet on day 1 is pretty normal, I don't think I've played with Beyond Awesome yet... maybe the Greater Idea Mafia ?

ADK, why did you change your mind on sudgy ?

Vote: ADK We have plenty to go off of already, you need more than RVS reasons to vote.

chairs:

THIS IS L-1

beyond awesome:

Intent to hammer.

pit:

1. If this is a lie: That definitely looks like scum to me (why would town lie about their reasons to think someone is scummy?)
2. If this the truth: If someone (potential scum) can convince him so easily to follow his / her vote, scum could abuse this to get wagons on town people. (I think 2 is less likely since he is one of the more experienced players)

Vote: ADK

So what it basically comes down to is that people don't like that I voted for sudgy and then was flippant about it. I don't have a lot to go on, since this game hasn't had much happening yet, and I haven't been as engaged as I have in other games. Which, to be fair, is on me. But it's certainly not a reason to lynch me, and I think that there's almost certainly scum on my wagon trying to push my lynch through. I'm getting a scummy vibe from sudgy and so I'm voting for him, I'm sorry I can't give you a more detailed analysis than that.

If people seriously want my claim then I'll give it, otherwise put your votes somewhere more sensible.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 25, 2014, 02:46:11 am »

I think that's a fair assessment of the case on you. You made a joke; I don't really find that scummy. I think people are making more out of it than it really is. That's why I'm not voting you, and I think we should look elsewhere for our lynch today.

Though I don't think I have the best record of reading you. I recall my second game, House of Cards where I mislynched Nik. I even remember which class I was waiting for when we lynched him. I remember, but I'm not voting for you now cause I think (fingers crossed) you're town.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 25, 2014, 05:26:06 am »

I mean, upon reading chairs's poem, my first instinct was "that's so awesome it deserves to be sheeped", so I definitely sympathize with ADK. The wagon seems to be making a mountain out of a molehill.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 25, 2014, 05:27:30 am »

It's noteworthy that the wagon was started and pushed by someone who was in trouble themselves, sudgy. That people find this better than him is very suspicions to me.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 25, 2014, 08:01:32 am »

I've been kind of demoralized, but since I only have this game now, I ought to be able to devote my whole attention to it. From gut, I think sudgy is a better lynch than ADK, but we really need info.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 25, 2014, 08:03:19 am »

Because I am feeling less certain that you are scum. I've OMGUS-voted much in the past, but over time realized it's not the most effective way to catch scum. I've had my share of town vs. town fights, so have come to realize that those suspecting me can be town as well. (Yes, it was quite the revelation for me).
Honestly, I'm still mystified at your scum read on me--since I consider you one of the better people at reading me.

I almost feel like claiming now, although not sure that it would be terribly productive.

Obviously I didn't mean what I said that I wouldn't post. Really though, deep down you know I'm town and I just haven't had a lot of content so far. What has actually happened? The discussion surrounding song-claiming and a few weak wagons. I gave some strong opinions about song claiming and eventually changed my mind based upon what others said.

If my responses to these questions are just supporting your read on me, then I guess I give up. We all have to be mislynched sometime right? Although it peeves me because of course I'm responsible for my own mislynch, which harms town.

Theere we go, this is a townie sounding post.

vote: sudgy

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 25, 2014, 09:24:52 am »

What happened to silver? Only 2 short posts in almost 5 days... I'm not sure if that's scummy or just weird

there's also a non-explicit policy to lynch all lurkers, so you should post more

We never seem to actually use that policy though.

we should though. I support lurker lynches.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 25, 2014, 09:31:00 am »

What happened to silver? Only 2 short posts in almost 5 days... I'm not sure if that's scummy or just weird

there's also a non-explicit policy to lynch all lurkers, so you should post more

We never seem to actually use that policy though.

we should though. I support lurker lynches.

Fish mafia just ended and I was super active there and scum; Guilds mafia just ended and I more or less refused to contribute there and was town. I'm not sure if being active now is the best thing to do, although I am town here.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.