Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 65  All

Author Topic: M45 - Stack the Deck Rerun (mafia wins)  (Read 195944 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
M45 - Stack the Deck Rerun (mafia wins)
« on: May 31, 2014, 03:09:50 pm »

Welcome to M45: Stack the Deck Rerun

Mod: Voltaire

Players (12 total):

1. yuma (Pawn (Mafia Goon)) - mod-killed D3
2. Robz888 (Pearl Diver (VT)) - killed N3
3. Witherweaver (Jorbles (Mafia Goon)) - lynched D4
4. Teproc (Noble (Goon Cop)) - killed N4
5. ADK
6. Eevee (Tyler Durden (VT)) - killed N2
7. Delirious Deleuze mail-mi (Horace Slughorn (VT)) - lynched D2
8. XerxesPraelor
9. AndrewisFTTW (Mutineer (VT)) - lynched D5
10. Ichimaru Gin
11. faust (Sakon and Ukon (Town Bodyguard)) - killed N1
12. EgorK (Cyberman Sentry (Town Roleblocker)) - lynched D1

Subs:

Tags: ashersky / mail-mi / chairs / scott_pilgrim

The Rules of Mafia will be used with the following changes. Please read them if this is your first time playing!

- Day deadlines will be 7 days and night deadlines will be 48 hours.
- During the first 24 hours of night, please PM the mods to confirm that you are still playing. After 24 hours, if you have not done so, the mods will PM you to check to see if you are still in fact playing. If we have not received a confirmation by the time Night is supposed to end, Night will continue as we look for a replacement.
- Days may start earlier than scheduled if every player still alive says they are comfortable opening up the next day early in their check-in PM. The deadline for the next day will remain the same.
- if the deadline is reached without a player reaching the lynch number, a no-lynch will occur
- prods of absent players will be issued upon request after 24 hours. A replacement will be located starting after 48 hours with no reply to a prod.

Set-up specific info found in the next post.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:59:17 am by Voltaire »

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: M45 - Rerun - requests open
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 03:09:58 pm »

(most of the below is shamefully stolen from yuma, who ran this setup last time)

Stack the Deck

This game will be semi-open, using a modified version of the Stack the Deck setup.

There will be a total of twelve players, consisting of:
2 Mafia
1 1-shot Bulletproof Traitor (Mafia Aligned)
9 Town

Mechanics:
- All roles will be used according to mafiascum specification or according to the specifications provided by the mod: links provided below.
- Daystart
- Role Modification
During pre-game, mafia have 48 hours to select which (if any) of the modifications they want to their team. A maximum of three modifications may be selected.

- 1-shot Bus Driver - the Bus Driver can both perform the kill and perform the bus driving in the same night.
 - Role Cop - the Role Cop can both perform the kill and perform the role copping in the same night.
 - JOAT (1 shot Strongman, 1 shot Ninja)
 - Daytalk (passive ability)
 - Recruit Traitor as Mafia Goon

For each modification that is selected by the mafia, town gains an additional role as well. The town has two roles to start, resulting in a maximum of five town roles randomly selected from the following:

- Goon Cop - returns results of Goon, Not Goon or no result regardless of alignment.
 - Roleblocker
 - Tracker
 - Bodyguard
 - Vigilante
 - Innocent Child (reveal at start of day one)

- At the beginning of the game all town aligned players receive a "Vanilla Town" role. Once mafia has selected their abilities all town roles go out. This prevents claims of "received roles before/after mafia modifications".
- No player may receive more than one role/modification
- The mafia traitor may not receive any abilities if not recruited as well.
- If the mafia traitor is the last mafia player alive, he will still be a "traitor" and retain possession of the 1-shot bulletproof if it has not been used up.
- Bulletproofs are passive abilities and as such are only used up when the player is targeted for a night kill. The player will not be told if their bulletproofs have been used up. Bulletproofness cannot be roleblocked.
- Trackers tracking someone who has been roleblocked will return the result of the intended target as if it had not been roleblocked.

The following mechanic rules apply:

- Kill flavor will NOT be a clue to the identity of the killer.
- Roles that target another player at night may NOT self-target, unless specified.
- Night actions will be processed in order of "natural action resolution" (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Natural_action_resolution).  This means that:

1.  All actions that cannot possibly be modified by any other actions are resolved FIRST.
2.  After those actions are resolved, step 1 is repeated for any remaining actions, until all actions are resolved.
3.  If there is a loop - e.g., Player X's action affects Player Y's action, which affects Player Z's action, which affects Player X's action - then actions will be resolved in the following order of priority:

Copy
Hide
Bus
Block
Redirect
Protect
Miscellaneous
Kill
Recruit
Inspect

Role PMs

Mafia Goon
Welcome to M45, X. You are a Mafia goon, along with Y. Additionally you know a Mafia Traitor exists, but you do not know who they are. You have the following abilities:
-Factional communication: You may talk with your mafia partners at [quicktopic link goes here] during night phases and before the start of day one.
-Factional kill: Every night, the living mafia may post in the mafia QT the name of someone who you want to kill, as well as who you want to be the killer (if no killer is specified, I will assume that the person posting the kill order is the killer). That person will die unless in some way protected.
Win condition: You win when all members of the town are dead and at least one member of the mafia is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
- Before the game begins, you may choose up to three of the following abilities to add to your faction, but for each ability you add town will get an additional ability:
Change a Mafia Goon to Mafia Role Cop
Change a Mafia Goon to Mafia Bus Driver
Change a Mafia Goon to Mafia JOAT (One Shot Ninja, One Shot Strongman)
Recruit the Mafia Traitor as a Mafia Goon
Enable passive daytalk
Please confirm via PM by stating your role.

Mafia Traitor
Welcome to M45, X. You are a Mafia Traitor. You know that [Player Name] and [Player Name] are Mafia Goons, but they do not know who you are. You have the following abilities:
You have a one shot bulletproof ability if you are not recruited.
If you are not recruited and are the last surviving member of the mafia, you will take over the factional kill.
If you are recruited by the mafia you will become a mafia goon, but may be given an additional power as well.
Win condition: You win when all members of the town are dead and at least one member of the mafia is alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Vanilla Town
Welcome to M45, X. You are a Vanilla Townie. You may receive a power role later in the game.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

After mafia has selected their modifications (if any) town roles from the following pool are distributed. No player may receive more than one of any of the roles and no more than one of any role may be present.

Town Tracker
Welcome to M45, X. You are the Tracker. You have the following abilities:
Each night you may target a player. You will be informed who, if anyone, they targeted during the night.

Goon Cop
Welcome to M45, X. You are the Goon Cop You have the following abilities:
Each night you may target a player. You will receive a result of "Goon", "Not a Goon" or "No Result".

Town Roleblocker
Welcome to M45, X. You are the Roleblocker. You have the following abilities:
Each night you may target a player. They will be prevented from performing any actions for the night.

Town Innocent Child
Welcome to M45, X. You are the Innocent Child. You have the following abilities:
-You are confirmed town to the rest of the game by the moderator.

Town Bodyguard
Welcome to M45, X. You are the Bodyguard. You have the following abilities:
-Each night you may target a player. If they would die during the night, you will die in their place.

Town Vigilante
Welcome to M45, X. You are the Vigilante. You have the following abilities:
- Each night you may target a player to attempt to kill.

Mafia Bus Driver
Welcome to M45, X. You are the Mafia 1-shot Bus Driver. You have the following abilities:
- Once during any night you may choose two players to switch. Any night action performed on a switched player will affect the other player. You may self-target.

Mafia JOAT
Welcome to M45, X. You are the Mafia JOAT. You have the following abilities:
- Once during any night you may use a ninja kill. This kill will be unable to be tracked.
- Once during any night you may use a strongman kill. This kill will unable to be blocked by any method.

Mafia Role Cop
Welcome to M45, X. You are the Mafia Role Cop. You have the following abilities:
- Each night you may target a player. You will learn what role, if any, they may have.

Mafia Recruited Goon
Welcome to M45, X. You are now a Mafia Goon with [Player Name] who is a XXX and [Player Name] who is a YYY. You have the following abilities:

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partner(s) here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:37:22 am by Voltaire »

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 03:10:12 pm »

This game will be a re-run of a setup previously played on f.ds. I am going to be a benevolent dictator about the choice - I welcome input from anyone, even those who do not intend to play, but reserve the right to make the final decision. I will finalize the game in the next week.

Please feel free to nominate any normal game (please give the # as well as name) from f.ds history.

I am currently considering:

M15 - Switch Mafia (Why is it so dark in here?) - modified to remove N0 deaths
M29 - Donner Party (Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party)
M35 - Stack the Deck (Chocolate Factory)
M39 - asher++ (Adventure Time) (Teproc will run soon)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:30:19 pm by Voltaire »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 03:26:23 pm »

/in!

I would love to either play ash's setup or the setup I ran for Chocolate Factory. Those would be my highest requests.

Switch mafia would be fun, except that people can die N0... if a fix can be found to keep in balanced and remove that facet that might jump to the top.

I wouldn't be interested in playing Donner party again.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 03:30:03 pm »

/In
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 04:51:32 pm »

Switch mafia would be fun, except that people can die N0... if a fix can be found to keep in balanced and remove that facet that might jump to the top.

Just remove two townies and start with 12 instead of 14? I'm trying to see why that wouldn't work. No town vig should shoot N0, so that's fine. Does removing the fact that mafia and SK can't hit each other N1, or take out a town PR, disadvantage them too much?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 05:04:44 pm »

Just remove two townies and start with 12 instead of 14? I'm trying to see why that wouldn't work. No town vig should shoot N0, so that's fine. Does removing the fact that mafia and SK can't hit each other N1, or take out a town PR, disadvantage them too much?

so

1 Mafia Cop Switch
1 Mafia Doc Switch
1 Mafia Vig Switch
1 Serial Killer (with Mafia NK Immunity OR Vig/Cop Immunity)
1 Cop
1 Doctor
1 Vigilante
5 Vanilla Townies

I am thinking that no night actions should be allowed N0. I think that removing town's ability to Vig or Investigate is equivalent to not being able to perform a kill night0.  In that case maybe add a townie to make it 13 player? Maybe another compromise is to allow mafia to set the switches Night0 (or are they always default "off" or "on"?) as one mafia can't manipulate their switch Night1 due to the NK being performed.

Mostly I think that would probably work, but I think taking 2 townies might be too much. It would be the equivalent of SK and Mafia hitting a VT N0--which is certainly better than them hitting 1 or 2 PRs--but there is always the potential of mafia or SK hitting each other. So I think 6 VTs is probably the way to go and have a 13 player game?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 05:09:52 pm »

That seems like it would work to me. I was considering how the game would usually go, and "usually" the N0 kills make it swingy. But does adding another town and losing a night of kills swing things too far against scum(s)? It is another night not to get vigged (almost certainly won't happen anyway) or investigated...

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 05:11:16 pm »

/in

But no vigs, I'm scared of them.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 05:12:25 pm »

Possibly... mostly I am looking at the barebones of mafia vs town and 3 vs 8 vs 1 (12 players) is a bit scary for town I think... in 2 days time town can lose 4 players very easily and be at 3 vs 4 vs 1 and have as many town as scum. Maybe that scariness is negated by having some pretty strong PRs, but are they all that strong?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 05:13:31 pm »

/in

But no vigs, I'm scared of them.

I would recommend purchasing a bullet-proof vest!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 05:14:17 pm »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 05:15:08 pm »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 05:20:29 pm »

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 05:30:54 pm »

Vig in the hands of a good player can fire later days very effectively (but that's assuming good play). I personally don't think doctors are very strong, but with 3 theoretical NKs it's pretty useful. Cop obviously is the golden one. But against 4 scum, town having 1 strong PR is necessary.

Town won the previous Switch mafia at LYLO with a VT and the vig shot N0, right? That was played with 13 players, so it was the same as starting 3 v 7 v 1 (cop/doc). I'm proposing 3 v 8 v 1 (cop/doc/vig), you're proposing 3 v 9 v 1 (cop/doc/vig).

Open to further ideas/thoughts.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 06:02:52 pm »

Vig in the hands of a good player can fire later days very effectively (but that's assuming good play). I personally don't think doctors are very strong, but with 3 theoretical NKs it's pretty useful. Cop obviously is the golden one. But against 4 scum, town having 1 strong PR is necessary.

Town won the previous Switch mafia at LYLO with a VT and the vig shot N0, right? That was played with 13 players, so it was the same as starting 3 v 7 v 1 (cop/doc). I'm proposing 3 v 8 v 1 (cop/doc/vig), you're proposing 3 v 9 v 1 (cop/doc/vig).

Open to further ideas/thoughts.

that is a fair point. Although I am pretty sure the vig didn't shoot N0, but instead the SK and mafia both shot...

And that game was super weird as town had 0 PRs as the SK was lynched N1 so all powers stayed switched off after N1 so it was kind of an anomaly. But you may be right that 3 v 8 v 1 is better, but still pretty dicy for town. I believe all of the other 12 player (3 mafia vs 9 town) games we have run to date have not had a SK present.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 06:03:46 pm »

and all of that is just theoretical. perhaps others would prefer ash's game or the Chocolate Factory setup more?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 06:04:31 pm »

I phrased that poorly - I meant the vig got shot, not that he shot.

If people want to do Switch mafia, I will run a version that does not feature N0, I can guarantee that.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2014, 06:45:59 pm »

/in

Switch and Stack the Deck  are the ones I'm the most interested in, not super excited about Donner Party and I want to run asher9++ soon so I'm selfishly against you running it now :P.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2014, 06:50:54 pm »

I want to run asher9++ soon so I'm selfishly against you running it now :P.

I forgot you were going to - I've removed it as an option!

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2014, 06:58:03 pm »

I probably won't be playing, but Switch Mafia is my vote.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 07:40:22 pm »

/tag for now

I want to see asher9++ run again.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 07:45:28 pm »

/tag for now

I want to see asher9++ run again.

I think teproc called it for the game after this one, so it will certainly be run

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2014, 08:05:23 pm »

/in
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2014, 08:18:57 pm »

/interest maybe
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 65  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 19 queries.