Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (Game Over! Universe Wins!)  (Read 139562 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile

Welcome to the...
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party!

Hosted by: The Doctor

Signup List:
0. Archetype
1. Jorbles Vaporized N2. Rose Tyler the Vanilla Townie
2. Voltaire Lynched D3. Dalek Caan the Dalek.
3. Eevee Vaporized N2. Martha Jones the Vanilla Townie
4. Voltgloss Lynched D1. Donna Noble the Vanilla Townie.
5. Robz888 Vaporized N3. Ood Sigma the Roleblocker
6. UmbrageOfSnow >>> chairs Vaporized N1. Sarah Jane Smith the Flavor Cop
7. nkirbit SURVIVOR! Jack Harkness the Vanilla Townie
8. yuma Lynched D2. Cyberman-aligned Cyberman Sentry
9. ashersky Vaporized N1. Amy Pond the Vanilla Townie
10. shraeye Vaporized N4. Dalek Sec the Dalek.
11. mail-mi Vaporized N4. Judoon Captain the Cannibal Vigliante
12. liopoil Lynched D2. Mickey Smith the Vanilla Townie

New info will be red (and hopefully read).

f.ds Mafia Ruleset stolen from everyone except Axxle

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for this game.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play here.

Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. Personal communication outside of the forum postings is NOT ALLOWED unless your Role PM specifically allows it.  For example, Mafia members may communicate at both night and day, and during the confirmation stage in their specified QT.
3. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to the moderator by the posted deadline (generally 48 hours from Night start during the first few Nights; later Nights may have shorter deadlines).  If we do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.  In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.  Generally, one team member may submit the Night Actions for all team members.
4. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
5. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
6. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mods know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase. Any action not received by deadline will default to a "No Action".

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent, but will be invited to the Spectator Quicktopic.
8. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post. Mods will not edit posts for you.
9. This game will have roughly 10 day Day deadlines and 48-hour Night deadlines.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.

2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mods privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread. That includes Vote Counts. Anyone who's been in one of my games knows I get them wrong often, and its usually best if you PM me any problems with them.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will not be issued automatically after 48 hours of no activity or upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

Helpful Links:

--Main Wiki Page

--Newbie Guide

--Frequently Asked Questions

--Commonly Used Abbreviations

--Mafia Theory

TO CLARIFY, I AM A MODERATOR OF F.DS, BUT ONLY IN THE DOMINION TOURNAMENT SECTION. IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME, I AM MODERATING THAT THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED AND HIDDEN ACTIONS ARE COMPLETED PROPERLY.

GAME SET-UP AND ROLES LISTED IN NEXT POST

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:53:23 pm by Archetype »

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 10:14:58 pm »

This game will be run using the Donner Party Open 12 player setup with characters from the Doctor Who Universe (knowledge of the universe is, however, not required to play).

The setup is as follows (rethemed):

2 Cannibal Mafia Goons (Daleks Sec/Caan)

1 Cannibal 1-shot Bulletproof/1-shot Roleblockproof SK (Cyberman Sentry)

1 Cannibal Vigilante (Judoon Captain)
1 Flavor Cop [Sarah(Gun)smith] (Sarah Jane Smith)
1 Roleblocker (Ood Sigma)
6 Vanillas

The Donner Party setup introduces some new and exciting mechanics:

-Cannibals: The focal point of the game. All killers in the game are 'Cannibals'. That means that when they complete a nightkill, only they will learn the Alignment and Role of the killed player. All other information will be hidden from the Town. Lynches go about as normal, but when a 'Cannibal' is lynched, the identities of all victims of their kills throughout the course of the game will be revealed. If a Cannibal kills another Cannibal, they inherit the bodies of the target Cannibal's victims, including the target from that player's NK (if applicable). If multiple Cannibals kill the same player, they all learn the identity of the killed player. If two Cannibals NK each other, their role/alignment info and all their spoils will be revealed to the Town.
-No Way, No Lynch: Players cannot 'Vote: No Lynch'. If, by deadline, a lynch has not been decided on, whoever has the most votes on them will be lynched. In case of a tie, whichever player had a vote cast last on them is lynched.
-Dalek Daytalk: Mafia will have their QT opened at all times.
-Deadly Defenses: The Cyberman is immune to the first Night Kill and the first Roleblocking to affect him.
-Crafty Companion: The Flavor Cop gets results back in the form of Cannibal/Not Cannibal/No Result.

The Doctor Who theme also introduces its own set of mechanics:

- Tasty Theme: Each player will be given their own flavor name. Scum players will receive a safe fakeclaim upon request.
- Fun Flavor: The opening/closing posts will have its share of theming, but its just enjoyment for fans of the show and has no in-game significance.
- Alternate Alignment: Mafia-aligned becomes Dalek-aligned, Self-alignedbecomes Cyberman-aligned, and Town-aligned becomes Universe-aligned

Role PMs:

Daleks:

Welcome, [Player Name], to The Doctor's Dinner Party. Looks like you're Dalek Sec/Dalek Caan, the Dalek-aligned first/second in command Cannibal Goon for the Cult of Skaro. You win when all other killers are dead and you control the majority of the town or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

You have a QT to conspire with your fellow Dalek, [Player Name], found here: [link]. You can talk with each other as much as you want during the day or night as long as you're alive. Each night one of the two of you may complete the factional kill by vaporizing a player of your choice. Their ashes will be unreadable by the Town, but with your advanced knowledge, you and your partner will be able to detect both their Alignment and Role Name. When you are lynched, a hologram will be activated revealing the identities of all players you've killed throughout the game.

Good luck!

Cyberman:

Welcome, [Player Name], to The Doctor's Dinner Party. Looks like you're a Cyberman Sentry, a Cyberman-aligned Cannibal Serial Killer cyborg from the planet Mondas that now resides on Telos. You win when you are the last player alive or nothing can prevent that from occurring. Luckily, your inventor John Lumic equipped you with the some tools to help you win.

Metal Chassis (1-shot Bulletproof):
The interior of your body is complex enough to sustain the first attempt at someone vaporizing you. You will be notified when this has been used.

No Emotion (1-shot Roleblockproof):
Cybermen show no emotions and as such, the first attempt of someone stopping you with emotional persuasion will fail. You will be notified when this has been used.

Additionally, each night you may complete the factional kill by targeting one player and vaporizing them. Their ashes will be unreadable by the Town, but with your advanced equipment, you will be able to detect both their Alignment and Role Name. When you are lynched, a memory record will be activated revealing the identities of all players you've killed throughout the game.

Good luck!

Judoon Captain:

Welcome, [Player Name], to The Doctor's Dinner Party. Looks like you're the Judoon Captain, a ruthless authoritative Universe-aligned Cannibal Vigilante that will put an end to all crime in space by any means necessary. You win when all threats to the Universe have been eliminated, or nothing can prevent that from occurring.

Each night, you may target one player and vaporize them. Their ashes will be unreadable by the Town, but with your military training, you will be able to detect both their Alignment and Role Name. When you are lynched, in your dying breath you'll reveal the names of all players you've killed throughout the game.

Good Luck!

Sarah Jane Smith:
Welcome, [Player Name], to The Doctor's Dinner Party. Looks you're Sarah Jane Smith, one of The Doctor's best Universe-aligned companions with K-9 at your side. You win when all threats to the Universe have been eliminated, or nothing can prevent that from occurring.

Since you're a Flavor Cop, each night you may send out K-9 to sniff out one player. You will be told if that player is a Cannibal/Not Cannibal and No Result if K-9's investigation is halted in some way.

Good Luck!

Ood Sigma:

Welcome, [Player Name], to The Doctor's Dinner Party. Looks like you're the Ood Sigma, a faithful servant to mankind as well as being Universe-aligned. You win when all threats to the Universe have been eliminated, or nothing can prevent that from occurring.

Each night, you may go ballistic, pressing your telecommunication orb against a player of your choice and immobilizing them that night. Essentially functioning as a Roleblocker. This will work every time, unless you target a Cyberman. They will bypass your paralyzing attack the first time it targets them.

Good Luck!

Vanilla Townies:

Welcome, [Player Name], to The Doctor's Dinner Party. Looks like you're [Flavor Name] and are Universe-aligned. Your power is your vote, so use it wisely. You win when all threats to the Universe have been eliminated, or nothing can prevent that from occurring.

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:30:08 am by Archetype »

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 10:15:46 pm »

Yeps!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 10:22:28 pm »

/tag...

won't /in now. I hate to be that guy, but I need more information about this setup before I /in. I do realize that if it is closed that means I might not be able to /in

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 10:30:20 pm »

Is this the donnor party one?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 11:39:32 pm »

How does a day deadline mesh with the inability to no-lynch?

Also /in.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 11:48:27 pm »

Well that took longer than expected. OP #2 updated.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 11:52:02 pm »

u need comod?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 12:09:27 am »

u need comod?
I'd rather have players, but possibly. I have a minor V/LA that may happen while this is running, so I'd need someone then. But I'll let you know.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 12:21:53 am »

Again, I'll /in if it hasn't started by my long V/LA (which apparently is from August 26-30...).
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 01:24:48 am »

/Allons-y!

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 02:01:20 am »

/in

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 02:33:55 am »

/in
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 08:33:41 am »

fully /in. I have been intrigued by this setup for a while now.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 09:18:43 am »

So in. Can't not play Doctor Who mafia.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 11:14:16 am »

i'm in.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 12:25:30 pm »

Well this is filling fast. /in

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIX: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Dinner Party (1 spot left!)
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 12:56:10 pm »

You all are crazy. I was gonna wait for clue to finish but I guess I won't have that luxury. You all have fun! Arch let me know if you need a co mod

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 01:13:15 pm »

You all are crazy. I was gonna wait for clue to finish but I guess I won't have that luxury. You all have fun! Arch let me know if you need a co mod
Piggybacking off this, since it looks like this will fill in the next 24 hours, when will it start?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 01:48:19 pm »

You can push me off if more people want to /in, I don't care.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 01:58:45 pm »

Piggybacking off this, since it looks like this will fill in the next 24 hours, when will it start?
I was thinking after one of the normal games ended, but if it's unanimous to start once it fills, I can do that too.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 02:14:32 pm »

/in
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 02:52:52 pm »

I would really prefer if this didn't start at least until day1 of harry potter is over.  A lot of people are in both harry potter and this, and two day1s at the same time seems insane.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 03:10:32 pm »

How did this fill so fast???? /in

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 03:10:40 pm »

I would really prefer if this didn't start at least until day1 of harry potter is over.  A lot of people are in both harry potter and this, and two day1s at the same time seems insane.
Agreed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.