Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 180104 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 5)
« Reply #2000 on: May 09, 2014, 07:39:40 pm »

Yay!! Sorry Yuma.

I'm really impressed.  I had no idea how well your thing would work.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: May 09, 2014, 07:40:33 pm »

Why did you think arch was IC?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: May 09, 2014, 07:40:50 pm »

I don't think town ever had a chance to win....

I thought this might be the case... my 2% thought... but in the end it just didn't make sense setup wise. Guess I was completly wrong

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: May 09, 2014, 07:42:03 pm »

Why'd you wait to hammer, arch?

And why did you think arch was town, yuma?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: May 09, 2014, 07:42:12 pm »

I was lover's with him... well if he died then I would die. Combining that with a nearly perfect fake claim it made him look a whole lot like very likely to be town.

Maybe I just got too caught up in self preservation though.

Arch why didn't you hammer Andrew?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: May 09, 2014, 07:42:49 pm »

Role PMs:

Light Aligned:

A Drowned Kernel/Rand al'Thor:

Welcome to RMM13, A Drowned Kernel. You are Rand al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn.

The Dragon Reborn. The man of whom the prophecies speak, the man who will save the world from the Dark One. The man prophesied the Break the World again, a man whose symbol is used to accuse others of evil. A man who can channel tainted saidin.

A man. Who can channel. A creature of nightmares. Any man who touches
saidin is destined to go insane.

You just hope you can save the world first.

You are a Tainted Cop.

-Each night, you may send the mods the name of 1 player. I will tell you if that player is Forsaken aligned or not.
-On Night 2, 3, or 4, you will go completely and irreversibly insane. Any guilty result you would receive turns up innocent, and vice versa.

Oh also, there is one thing... You occasionally hear the voice of your past life, Lews Therin Telamon, in your head. He is the original Dragon, and he went horribly insane and started the Breaking of the World. But you're not just hearing voices. It's real. Or at least, you think it is.

You win when all threats to the Light have been eliminated and there is at least 1 Light-aligned player alive.

Please confirm by PM.

xeiron/Matrim Cauthon

Welcome to RMM13, xeiron. You are Matrim (Mat) Cauthon, the Lucky Ta'veren.

Bloody ta'veren. Never done anything good for you. You'd much rather be in a tavern, playing a game of dice with a bar maid on your knee and a mug of ale in your hand. Of course, your luck doesn't work that way. Sure, you can make the dice show any number that you want, but the Pattern pulls you back and forth--you've got no control over your own life! Now you're stuck at this meeting, and you just hope that your luck and your medallion can get you through this.

You are a Tainted Semi-Ascetic Townie.

-You have a special medallion that you wear at all times, especially when you sleep. You are immune to any night actions that use the One Power.
-You will be notified that your medallion has gone cold (someone tried to use the One Power on you)

Oh also, a little tiny detail: You have a dagger that you stole from bloody Shadar Logoth. If it ever gets taken away, during the next day you will be sick and hated, and the next night you will die.

Blood and bloody ashes this is gonna be terrible.

You win when all threats to the Light have been eliminated and there is at least 1 Light-aligned player alive.

Please confirm by PM.

Jimmmmm/Faile Bashere

Welcome to RMM13, Jimmmmm. You are Faile Bashere, a Hunter of the Horn.

All you want to be is a Hunter of the Horn. It's why you left your father in Saldaea anyway. But your life took an unexpected turn when you met the man Perrin Aybara. A tall, husky, strong man, he is very careful about his strength. And you think you're in love. But enough of that talk. You're planning to marry him one day, and he must be taught two things. A wife must always have her secrets, and the spying is a wife's job. You've decided to show him just that at this meeting.

You are a Tracker.

-Each night, you may PM me the name of 1 person. I will tell you the people that person targeted that night. If they targeted no one or you were roleblocked, you will receive "No Result."

Please confirm by PM.

XerxesPraelor/Egwene al'Vere

Welcome to RMM13, XerxesPraelor. You are Egwene al'Vere, a Dreamwalker

You're gonna be an Aes Sedai! You're so excited, it doesn't matter that you're only Accepted, you just know that because of your superior strength in the One Power, they can't tell you no. You've also recently spent some time training with the Aiel Wise Ones. From them, you've learned how to perfect your Dreamwalking skills, and now can even communicate to people through their dreams. They might not trust you, but at least your friends will know that it's you.

You are a Semi-Innocent Mailman.

-Each night, you may venture into Tel'aron'rhiod, or as it's better known, the World of Dreams, and send one player a message of no more than 250 characters (not including spaces).
-To do this, send the message and recipient to the mods, and I will send the message to the person along with the name of who sent it.
-There are certain friends that are at this meeting with you. If you send a message to one of them, you will become confirmed town to them.

Please confirm by PM.

AndrewisFTTW/Nynaeve al'Meara

Welcome to RMM13, AndrewisFTTW. You are Nynaeve al'Meara, the Wisdom

Curse those flaming Aes Sedai. Taking your village's kids and just walking off with them. That's what got you started in this whole mess anyhow, you had to save the kids! And, turns out, you're an Aes Sedai too. One of the most powerful, probably the most powerful, in this Age. You're also one of the most skilled Healers ever. Such power is right there--and just out of your reach. Thing is, you can't channel unless you're angry. Hrmph. Only reason you're here is to Heal--and maybe stop some Forsaken while you're at it.

You are a Split Jailkeeper.

-Each night, you may use some of your herbs that you keep on your person at all times to either roleblock or doctor someone.
-To do this, send the mods the name of the target and which action you will be performing.
-If you get targeted on any night that you perform an action, you will get angry and saidar will open itself up to you. You will then both protect and roleblock your target.
-You will not be notified if this happens.

Please confirm by PM.

yuma/Aviendha of the Nine Valleys sept of the Taardad Aiel

Welcome to RMM13, yuma. You are Aviendha of the Nine Valleys sept of the Taardad Aiel, a Maiden of the Spear

Wetlanders are so strange. Throwing water around like it's unlimited, don't they know of the holiness of it? Of course, in the Aiel Waste there is a lot less water. There is one reason and one reason only you're outside of your home, and that is that the Car'a'carn, the Chief of Chiefs, has been reborn. The Aiel are his people. However, you just can't stand him. Added to the fact that the Wise Ones are making you stay with him twenty four-seven, his ignorance of ji'e'toh is just grating on you. And you have to love him too? You're just here with your people to serve the Car'a'carn... right?

You are a Vig-of-all-trades.

-You are a 1-shot Vigilante. Once at night, you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be targeted for a kill that night.
-You are also a 1-shot Dayvig. Once during the day, you may post Dayvig: [playername] in the thread. That player will die.
-For each time you kill a Light-aligned player, you will gain toh and take 1 less vote to lynch.
-For each time you kill a Forsaken-aligned player, you will gain ji and take 1 more vote to lynch.

Please confirm by PM.

faust/Elmindreda (Min) Farshaw

Welcome to RMM13, faust. You are Elmindreda (Min) Farshaw, a Viewer

When Moiraine Sedai showed up in Barleon to make you "meet up" with the three boys, you knew that wouldn't be the end of it. You saw it, in those viewings you sometimes have of people, that you would fall in love with the tall, handsome one.

I suppose an explanation is needed: You occasionally see these images around people, images representing what will happen to them. You don't always know what the images represent, but when you know, you know. And, with all these people around, you'll be seeing plenty of visions. And hopefully, maybe, they'll help you, and of course, your lover, get out of this alive.

You are a Voyuer, with a bonus!

-Each night, you may send me the name of one player. I will tell you what actions targeted that player, if any.
-There are also several people who have been Tainted by Mordeth or by using saidin. If a person has the Tainted modifier, you will be told so.

Please confirm by PM.

sudgy/Elayne Trankand

Welcome to RMM13, sudgy. You are Elayne Trankand, a Ter'angreal Maker

You didn't think that a chance meeting with a red-haired sheepherder and a chance to train to become an Aes Sedai in the White Tower would pull you into this mess. The Dragon, the actual Dragon, has been reborn, and you get to be a part of his council? How exciting!

You are the Daughter-Heir of Andor, which means that you will be the successor to your mother, Morgase Trankand, on the throne of Andor one day. You are also one of the strongest people in the One Power of all time, and you even have a rare Talent that no one has had in this Age: You can make ter'angreal! Hopefully, you'll be able to use your political influence, your strength in the One Power, and your good looks and cunning charm (okay and maybe your ter'angreal too) to rat the Forsaken out of this meeting and help the Dragon save the world.

You are an Inventor.

-You have 3 ter'angreal, or inventions, at your disposal. Each night you may send 1 person 1 of these inventions:
-The Dream Ring
-An A'dam
-The Twisted Red Door

-You only have 1 of each ter'angreal, and you cannot target yourself.

Please confirm by PM.

shraeye/Loial son of Arent son of Halan

Welcome to RMM13, shraeye. You are Loial son of Arent son of Halan, an Ogier Commuter.

Humans are always so hasty. You Ogier, you like to take it slow, stop and smell the roses, as the saying goes. You're also nature-lovers. You can't fathom why any human would want to live in a big city, rather than in the countryside, or, even better, a stedding.

Well, actually, you
left your stedding for adventure. You joined this little group of travelers, before you even realized that one was the Dragon Reborn. When you did realize that you were traveling with the Dragon Reborn, you just couldn't stay away. After all, if you're not going to stay with them, who's going to write a book about their adventures? You've come to this meeting to rat out the Forsaken, but, in the meantime, you'll be taking notes so that nobody misses out on the adventures of the Dragon Reborn!

You are a 1-shot Commuter, with a bonus!

-Once at night, you may travel to the Stedding Shangtai.
-While there, no actions will be able to target you--effectively Roleblocking any action that targets you that night.
-You also may choose to take someone with you. They will not be able to perform any actions that night, as well as no one being able to use actions on them.
-To do this, on the night when you decide to commute, just send the mods a PM saying Commute with [playername]

Please confirm by PM.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: May 09, 2014, 07:43:41 pm »

Arch didn't havea chance to hammer Andrew.  Yuma voted for Andrew after Arch did. Right?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: May 09, 2014, 07:44:16 pm »

I don't know the full setup, but that type of role is really tricky...

ugh... my trio had two scum in it. Archetype was a false flag

and for a while I was very suspicious of arch because of being lovers with him... I anticipated this exact scenario, but the fake claim was just soooo good... I really like that idea of having a Bodyguard that if the bodyguard dies the other player dies as well... kinda an anti-synergy that made sense setup wise.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: May 09, 2014, 07:44:33 pm »

he could have hammered jimmmm

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: May 09, 2014, 07:44:56 pm »

Arch didn't havea chance to hammer Andrew.  Yuma voted for Andrew after Arch did. Right?
Yes. And I didn't want to hammer Jimmmmm because then Andrew could block me.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: May 09, 2014, 07:45:11 pm »

Phenomenal job Arch.

I'm so glad you switched to Andrew, too.  I figured you realized that if you lynched Jimmmmm, we had a chance to lose at night.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: May 09, 2014, 07:45:36 pm »

But then he can't kill Andrew at night if Andrew targets him.  If he kills you, its a tie with him+Andrew, isn't it?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: May 09, 2014, 07:45:59 pm »

But then he can't kill Andrew at night if Andrew targets him.  If he kills you, its a tie with him+Andrew, isn't it?

If he kills yuma, he dies, and then Andrew is the only person left alive and town wins.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: May 09, 2014, 07:46:23 pm »

ah good point... I guess I should have anticipated that, but alas.

Poorly played by me

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: May 09, 2014, 07:46:56 pm »

ugh... I guess I didn't even anticipate that at all. O well.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: May 09, 2014, 07:47:10 pm »

The Forsaken!

Archetype/Lanfear

Welcome to RMM13, Archetype. You are Lanfear, Daughter of the Night

You are the most beautiful woman on the planet, and the strongest woman in the One Power on the planet--the strongest one can be without the help of an angreal. And one of the most evil. You turned to the Shadow during the Age of Legends for one reason only--revenge on your previous love, Lews Therin Telamon. He betrayed you for that stupid girl Ilyena! And, now that you've been unleashed from the Seals, you are going to win his love back--whatever it takes.

You are a 1-shot Nymphomaniac Godfather

-Any Cops that investigate you will receive an innocent result.
-Once at night, you may use your beautiful looks to make a player fall deeply in love with you.
-When this happens, if you happen to die in any way, they will be so grieved as to commit suicide at your death. However, if they die, you will not die--essentially, they are in love with you and you are not in love with them.
-To do this, either post in your QT or PM me: Use Nymphomaniac on [playername].
-Each night, you may also perform the factional kill and chat with your Forsaken allies here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/AD2btNQEjPiNH

You win when the Forsaken have the majority or nothing can stop that from happening.

You also have a secondary win-con: If you get the person with the flavor name of Rand al'Thor to fall in love with you, you will receive a secondary win.

Please confirm by PM.

ashersky/Moghedien

Welcome to RMM13, ashersky. You are Moghedien, the Spider.

You are one of the deadly members of the Dark One's closest allies--the Forsaken. You are the master of Tel'aran'rhiod, or the Dream World. Lanfear says that the Dream World is her domain, but you know that you are really the most skilled, but you don't challenge Lanfear on it. For one, she is stronger than you, and you much prefer working from the shadows. You will not participate in a fight unless you know you can win. And this fight, this is one you know you can win.

You are a Rolecop

-Each night, you may Rolecop someone. I will tell you their role.
-To do this, either post in your QT or PM me: Rolecop: [playername]
-You may also perform the factional kill each night and talk with your Forsaken allies here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/AD2btNQEjPiNH

You win when the Forsaken have the majority or nothing can stop that from happening.

You also have a secondary win-con: You hate, no, you loathe Nynaeve al'Meara. If you perform the factional kill on her on any night, you will receive a secondary win.

Please confirm by PM.

Witherweaver/Rahvin

Welcome to RMM13, Witherweaver. You are Rahvin, the Diplomat

You are one of the members of the Forsaken--the Dark One's most fearsome allies. You don't like open warfare very much, you much prefer political and diplomatic manipulation. And that's what you've come here to do: a bit of political manipulation. Some people will die in the process, but you'll do anything to make sure the Dark One wins the Last Battle and you get your thrones, power, and immortality.

You are a Redirector

-Each night, you may use Compulsion on a player to redirect them to target the person you want them to target.
-To do this, post in your QT or PM to me: Redirect [playername] to target [playername]
-You may also perform the factional kill each night and talk with your Forsaken allies here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/AD2btNQEjPiNH

You also have a secondary win-con: You have a... fondness for manipulating queens, kings, princes, and princesses. If you ever redirect Elayne Trankand to target anyone else, you will receive a secondary win.

Please confirm by PM.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: May 09, 2014, 07:47:19 pm »

If he kills yuma, he dies, and then Andrew is the only person left alive and town wins.

No, lovers worked only one way.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: May 09, 2014, 07:47:39 pm »

ah good point... I guess I should have anticipated that, but alas.

Poorly played by me

You played well all game, except for your one big misread.  That isn't a fault as far as these games go -- you killed a mafia player, you survived and led town, it was good.

I was so incredibly pissed at you for hammering me after I went to sleep.  You'll see in the speccy.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: May 09, 2014, 07:48:09 pm »

Actually, arch would not have died. The lovers only worked one way: yuma would die if arch was killed, but arch would not die if yuma was killed.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: May 09, 2014, 07:48:36 pm »

And finally, the SK.

Twistedarcher/Padan Fain

Welcome to RMM13, Twistedarcher. You are Padan Fain, Mordeth's Tainted Darkfriend.

You were once just a normal, run-of-the-mill Darkfriend. But, things have changed. Ever since you visited Shadar Logoth, you've gained more power, but with great power, comes great insanity. You are completely insane. But, you're not really insane if you know you're insane. At least, that's what the voices keep saying. You hate the Dark One for what he did to you, but even more, you HATE Rand al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn, and you are going to kill him, and all of his friends, and all of his enemies, and everyone! EVERYONE WILL DIE AT YOUR HAND!

You are a Tainted 1-shot Forsaken-immune Thieving Serial Killer

-Once, when the Forsaken decide to try to kill you, it will have no effect.
-Each night, you may kill someone.
-Each night, you may also thieve someone. You will receive an item from the person you thieve that is related to their flavor character.
-You may post commands and talk to the voices here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/EvVN39BsNFwn

You win when you are the only person alive and nothing can stop that from happening.

There is a person out there with something that is YOURS! Mat Cauthon is his name. If you ever thieve from him, you will receive the dagger you have been long waiting for. You will lose your thieving power, however, with the dagger, your kills will become Strongman (no doctors can stop them) and you will receive another shot of Forsaken-immunity.

Please confirm by PM.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: May 09, 2014, 07:48:40 pm »

This was a very cool setup.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: May 09, 2014, 07:48:59 pm »

No, lovers worked only one way.

I see.

Andrew blocks Arch, no kill goes through.  Andrew doctors yuma, no kill goes through.

So we would have needed Andrew to doc Arch or block yuma.  2/4 things, so 50% chance of whiffing.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: May 09, 2014, 07:49:50 pm »

This was a very cool setup.

I agree.

I think it'd work with a few tweaks as fully open, too.  I think you'd have to adjust the double-vig, plus take out all flavor names and flavor related buffs (like that thieving the knife thing).

Good game mods!

MVP Arch, obv.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: May 09, 2014, 07:50:37 pm »

Actually, arch would not have died. The lovers only worked one way: yuma would die if arch was killed, but arch would not die if yuma was killed.

Technically, they weren't lovers, as far as the role definition goes, then.  Or it's an "Unrequited Lover" I think.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: May 09, 2014, 07:51:40 pm »

If no kill goes down during night after Jimm were killed, it would look really weird.  Hard to believe it could happen with scum Andrew
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 84  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 16 queries.