Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 180111 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 3)
« Reply #1600 on: April 24, 2014, 04:27:44 am »

Alright, my bout of sleeplessness is over. Remember we still have some time so don't rush into a lynch...

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: April 24, 2014, 04:36:40 am »

My understanding of Redirector is that you target two players, and all other actions that target the first player are redirected to the second player. After I got my result and saw WW's flip I asked mail-mi if that meant he ONLY targeted Andrew, and he said it did.

I was a random redirector in RMM12. I targeted one player, and that player was redirected into targeting another player randomly selectet among all living player. WW could have been something like that.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: April 24, 2014, 05:33:12 am »

I'm a Role Cop.

I targeted TA on N1, and he's a 1-shot Forsaken-immune Thief. 

I guess I don't understand why this makes TA town... He is a 1-shot? Then how has he used his role twice?

Well, the PM result was green, for one thing.

But, he's 1-shot immune from the "mafia" so he isn't that, and his role isn't "serial killer" which makes him not that.  Town thief is what he is.

Role Cop returns role.  SK is a role.  Like, I don't know if WW would have returned "Forsaken-aligned Redirector" or just "Redirector" but I'm confident SK returns SK.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: April 24, 2014, 05:56:26 am »

I'm a Role Cop.

I guess I don't understand why this makes TA town... He is a 1-shot? Then how has he used his role twice?

But, he's 1-shot immune from the "mafia" so he isn't that, and his role isn't "serial killer" which makes him not that.  Town thief is what he is.

Role Cop returns role.  SK is a role.  Like, I don't know if WW would have returned "Forsaken-aligned Redirector" or just "Redirector" but I'm confident SK returns SK.

I have difficult to believe that you get both allignment and role of who you target.

Serial killer is a role, but also fully indicates allignment. I have no problem with it 'SK' being excluded from your result.

Ash, do you really belive we have two town flavor cops in the game?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: April 24, 2014, 06:07:58 am »

I'm a Role Cop.

I have difficult to believe that you get both allignment and role of who you target.

Serial killer is a role, but also fully indicates allignment. I have no problem with it 'SK' being excluded from your result.

Ash, do you really belive we have two town flavor cops in the game?

Role and Flavor are different.  I did not receive TA's flavor name.

Could I be misinterpreting my result on TA and he's actually the SK?  I suppose it is possible, but it's so highly improbable that I'm not considering it.

What result does a Role Cop get when he investigates a serial killer, if not "serial killer"?  "Goon" is a role in regular games that role cops get, too.  Or "vanilla."  SK is SK.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: April 24, 2014, 09:44:27 am »

Confirm what ash says. Also I was shot last night, I believe I was the mafia kill, not Yuma.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: April 24, 2014, 10:38:32 am »

Confirm what ash says. Also I was shot last night, I believe I was the mafia kill, not Yuma.

Ok.... so are you a bard or a thief?

Xerxes doesn't have that thingy you mentioned. What do you make of that?

And ash... I disagree that SK is a role. Maybe in a normal game it is... Actually no. I would still disagree there. A role cop who targets a SK would come up with Vanilla, unless the SK had been given some sort of role.

Would you consider Mafia Goon a role? Because Role Cops don't return "Goon" they return "Vanilla" on them. So TA could very easily be the SK and something I am beginning to strongly believe.

As for the Green part... well I have no idea about that. I would think that you getting something in color indicates that all results will be green. Was it bright green or dark green? Also if you received results in true color (red or whatever) you would stop being a role cop and start being a true alignment cop.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: April 24, 2014, 10:40:53 am »

What result does a Role Cop get when he investigates a serial killer, if not "serial killer"?  "Goon" is a role in regular games that role cops get, too.  Or "vanilla."  SK is SK.

No!

Role cops do not return "Goon!"

Never have and never should! Because then they stop being role cops and turn into alignment cops.
from the wiki:

if a Mafia Goon is investigated, they return "Vanilla".

Same with the SK. Unless the SK is given some sort of ability, 1-shot Bulletproof or something...

I am really surprised you are making these poor setup assumptions.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: April 24, 2014, 10:43:11 am »

How do you know you were shot last night?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 24, 2014, 10:50:02 am »

In terms of other roles:

I still don't understand xeiron's role. It just seems overly complicated compared to the rest of ours.

Xerxes I am still a bit wary of because we know he targeted xeiron last night and now xeiron is "sick" coincidence? Maybe?

Jimmmm is the one role that right now has zero confirmation from alive players. Might be true but all of his targets are dead. After he claimed TA conveniently backed up that he was shot? That would have been nice to know before TA when you were claiming.

I am surprised that we have Alignment Cop, Flavor Cop and Tainted Cop. Maybe someone already said this, but is Tainted a WoT thing? I couldn't find anything along those lines in the mafiawiki... Ash is right that it is possible we just have a cop heavy game, but given that there are many other role avenues that have not been explored in this game I am a bit surprised.

I still think Andrew's claim holds up pretty well. We still need his day1 target I believe. But no one else has claimed JK, which I would be surprised if there wasn't a JK in the game. There is a doc varient in Archetype's role.

And I do believe very strongly Archetype's role. He is completely off the table for lynching today and I would strongly recommend that Andrew consider targeting Archetype tonight as it appears I can't be killed unless Archetype is killed first. Arch can you verify that your role can't be blocked from working on me.... if you are roleblocked does the protection still occur? I am not saying 100% do that, but consider doing it very strongly.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 24, 2014, 11:07:06 am »

Mod confirmed.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: April 24, 2014, 11:09:42 am »

Why?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: April 24, 2014, 11:24:59 am »

Mod confirmed.

I mean... is that an ability of yours? Is it in your PM? it isn;t general practice to tell someone they wrer almost killed in the night... so why were you?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: April 24, 2014, 11:29:37 am »

It's not but I was pmed last night I am now 0-shot forsaken immune.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: April 24, 2014, 11:31:51 am »

It's not but I was pmed last night I am now 0-shot forsaken immune.

gotcha... can i ask why you left this part out when you initially claimed....

and again why are you saying bard when ash is saying thief?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: April 24, 2014, 11:51:33 am »

I am a thief but bard sounds better I was afraid if I said thief I'd be lynched. But yes I am a thief.

I left it out because I thought scum shot me and I wanted them to be confused as to why I was alive. Scum learn way more from knowing it than own does I think

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: April 24, 2014, 11:55:05 am »

ever hear the phrase "never lie as town"?

and why were you afraid... you already had everyone pretty much thinking you were town based of ash's result that used faulty setup reasoning to get there... but that is beside the point...

I think i want to lynch TA

If you are town.... DON'T LIE AS TOWN!

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: April 24, 2014, 03:29:23 pm »

ever hear the phrase "never lie as town"?

and why were you afraid... you already had everyone pretty much thinking you were town based of ash's result that used faulty setup reasoning to get there... but that is beside the point...

I think i want to lynch TA

If you are town.... DON'T LIE AS TOWN!

While i agree that TA is not town, I am not sure lynching him is the right move.

Assume we lynch TA and he flips SK.

- If Andrews blocks the NK, all is well. Lynch tree out of Archetype, Ash, Jimm, and xerxes and win if we get both scum.

- If Andrews does not blocks the NK, he probably dies, and we are in lylo, and have to lynch two scum in a row. Do we think we can make that?

The alternative is to try to lynch mafia today, and then let mafia and SK kill each other.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: April 24, 2014, 03:41:49 pm »

Hey guys I'm without a phone right now. I'm hoping my new phone arrives at the hotel today but if not, I'll be without a phone for a few more days and can only check in on hotel computers (like I'm doing now).

Would lynching the SK tonight be good or bad?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: April 24, 2014, 03:42:44 pm »

And yes I'm caught up, though so much has been said in the last few pages I'm sorry if I missed something.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: April 24, 2014, 03:55:14 pm »

D1 I was kinda dubious of your claim and wanted to make sure it was sure. I realized how foolish that was once I got a couple of maiden spears, because if you're town, you're a vig and have weapons, and if you're scum, you can kill and have weapons. So that was pretty pointless.

N2 I targeted Xerxes even though I had a town read, since he was a mailman. I figured that if he was a mailman I'd get something that definitely indicated that, and if he was scum I'd get some sort of weapon. Unfortunately all I got was cuendillar, but it's not so bad, because it definitely indicates that he is Egwene (from my understanding), and Egwene is definitely a good character.

I'm confused. You targeted yuma during D1 and Xerxes N2?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: April 24, 2014, 04:14:07 pm »

Andrew while you are here we need who you targeted Night1 and Night2 confirmed

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: April 24, 2014, 04:35:50 pm »

D1 I was kinda dubious of your claim and wanted to make sure it was sure. I realized how foolish that was once I got a couple of maiden spears, because if you're town, you're a vig and have weapons, and if you're scum, you can kill and have weapons. So that was pretty pointless.

N2 I targeted Xerxes even though I had a town read, since he was a mailman. I figured that if he was a mailman I'd get something that definitely indicated that, and if he was scum I'd get some sort of weapon. Unfortunately all I got was cuendillar, but it's not so bad, because it definitely indicates that he is Egwene (from my understanding), and Egwene is definitely a good character.

I'm confused. You targeted yuma during D1 and Xerxes N2?

Yuma N1, Xerxes N2

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: April 24, 2014, 04:42:05 pm »

I roleblocked TA N1.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: April 24, 2014, 04:44:17 pm »

I roleblocked TA N1.

well now that just doesn't make any sense...

TA said he investigated me and got a result. Something in my PM that he couldn't have known. So either your action didn't go through or TA is unroleblockable or you aren't telling the truth...
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.