Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 180088 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Day 2 start!)
« Reply #1325 on: April 15, 2014, 12:55:34 pm »

yuma why aren't you even considering scum!ash?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 15, 2014, 12:58:52 pm »

Vote Count 2.6:

ashersky (1): Archetype,
Jimmmmmm (3): Twistedarcher, ashersky, XerxesPraelor
Witherweaver (2): AndrewisFTTW,  Jimmmmm
AndrewisFTTW (1): A Drowned Kernel

Not Voting (3): Witherweaver, xeiron, yuma

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends on April 15 at 11:30 PM FT. THAT'S TODAY. Jorbles probably won't be around for deadline, but if it looks like we'll be going to deadline and neither of us will be around for it, we'll ask someone to lock the thread for us when appropriate. Mail-mi should be here for deadline.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:04:51 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 15, 2014, 01:07:33 pm »

I haven't reread everything so I could be wrong but it seems like WW has been very careful not to sheep anyone and to keep his distance from everyone else. He's also very hesitant to put a vote anywhere. The same can be said about ADK although that's probably more lurking than anything else.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 15, 2014, 01:26:03 pm »

I haven't reread everything so I could be wrong but it seems like WW has been very careful not to sheep anyone and to keep his distance from everyone else. He's also very hesitant to put a vote anywhere. The same can be said about ADK although that's probably more lurking than anything else.

I don't like to vote unless I have a decent feeling the person is scum, or possibly if I think it could provoke useful discussion.  I've been pretty lost today and don't really have any good leads.  I have a lot more town reads and the remaining scum is mostly just process of elimination rather than a good feeling or argument.  I think that's where a lot of people are in this game.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: April 15, 2014, 02:05:28 pm »

You sound like me talking about you.  You realize this, right?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 15, 2014, 02:10:35 pm »

Yuma's trio is solid; they are in the middle of the activity spectrum, good acti-lurker location.  Of the three, I guess Arch is "towniest."  ADK is playing?  That's literally my first thought on him, so he's probably likeliest lurking partner scum.  WW is more active than the other two, so maybe trying harder (too hard?).  I assume some of these reasons match up with yuma's.

I'm not rereading anything until I'm back home, so this is all from memory.  I'm not imagining anyone will have a problem with any of these three.

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: April 15, 2014, 02:22:12 pm »

I would prefer Jimmmmm over these 3. I'm not heartbroken over any of them getting lynched, but I'd probably prefer Arch or ADK over WW.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: April 15, 2014, 02:26:19 pm »

We have 54 pages of ridiculousness and you guys wants to lynch lurkers (ADK, Arch to an extent)? Seriously? I could do ash, WW, or Jimm, but I think Jimm is pretty town despite his end of D1 stuff.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 15, 2014, 02:34:56 pm »

We have 54 pages of ridiculousness and you guys wants to lynch lurkers (ADK, Arch to an extent)? Seriously? I could do ash, WW, or Jimm, but I think Jimm is pretty town despite his end of D1 stuff.

The thing is I think lurking is what scum would want to do.. certainly it's what I would want to do.  Talking brings attention to you and gets you voted for, which is what I think is happening to me now.

I'm tending to think Jimm is more town than I previously had after my back and forths with him, as well. 

I could do Ash (I don't find him as scummy as I did at first, but I still find him scummy), but it doesn't seem right to lynch a person while they're off on vacation.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 15, 2014, 02:38:12 pm »

The thing is I think lurking is what scum would want to do.. certainly it's what I would want to do.  Talking brings attention to you and gets you voted for, which is what I think is happening to me now.

I'm tending to think Jimm is more town than I previously had after my back and forths with him, as well. 

I could do Ash (I don't find him as scummy as I did at first, but I still find him scummy), but it doesn't seem right to lynch a person while they're off on vacation.

This is scummy, especially the bolded part. (But I'm not lurking here, so I must be town!)

I remember very little about Arch this game -- moreso about ADK. I don't have a great handle on either, though.

I'd rather lynch Jimmmm.

Andrew, what's your view on Jimmmm - town or scum? You say you'd lynch him but you think he's pretty towny in the same post.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: April 15, 2014, 02:39:28 pm »

Or lurking attracts attention like it is to ADK and Arch. You can't definitively say scum lurks and town is active.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 15, 2014, 02:40:16 pm »

This is scummy, especially the bolded part. (But I'm not lurking here, so I must be town!)

I remember very little about Arch this game -- moreso about ADK. I don't have a great handle on either, though.

I'd rather lynch Jimmmm.

Andrew, what's your view on Jimmmm - town or scum? You say you'd lynch him but you think he's pretty towny in the same post.

Well it's what I think.  I don't really have anything else to go by.  I have to imagine "what would I do in this situation" and try to go from there.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 15, 2014, 02:41:14 pm »

I'd rather not lynch Jimm, I think he's town at this point. However, I can see how things he's said could be interpreted as scummy and I'd put my vote there if he is the preferred lynch.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 15, 2014, 02:45:57 pm »

Or lurking attracts attention like it is to ADK and Arch. You can't definitively say scum lurks and town is active.

Well yeah that's a good point.  But we're kind of at a point here where there haven't really been any good candidates or convincing arguments presented, but people are pretty much ready to grab of anyone that isn't confirmed town or almost confirmed town and vote for them.  So not doing a lot seems safer.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 15, 2014, 02:53:09 pm »

Quote from: AndrewisFTTW link=top.msg367947#msg367947 date=1397587168

Well yeah that's a good point.  But we're kind of at a point here where there haven't really been any good candidates or convincing arguments presented, but people are pretty much ready to grab of anyone that isn't confirmed town or almost confirmed town and vote for them.  So not doing a lot seems safer.

You can say that as much as you want but I think I've presented good cases on ash and to a lesser extent you. Whether or not people choose to read them or even comment on them is their concern.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: April 15, 2014, 04:32:34 pm »

Quick post from work using buddies phone...

I hate to do this as I don't think it is optimal ic play but I feel given our status we have to... I am limiting the field of potential candidates to: ADK witherweaver and Archetype.

Please focus hunting efforts on these three! consider l1 intent to hammer from me and claim at that point if you desire.

Focus on who their partners could or could not be. I would like to shoot when I get home from work... so we have time to talk and lynch again if I hit scum.

I understand that you might have scum reads on others but please focus on these three. I have thought hard about this and hopefully am on the right track.

I do not think Witerweaver is mafia, so I strongly prefer ADK or Archetype.

I did read both of them, but I did not find much. Nothing I could pull up to prove they are scum, and nothink to convince me of their townyness.

Gah, we're running low on time.  I think a rushed-for-time lynch is a bad sitaution.  There are so many quiet people.  Does anyone have a post count?

Can people start posting more?  Theories, thoughts, ideas, any explanation for why you find certain people scummy or towny.

I find myself Towny. I find yuma Towny. I find ash Towny. I even find xeiron, the person I'm currently voting for Towny. I have literally no idea who is likely to be scum.

Jimmm really hit this game on the head in this quote. I too feels that I lack scum reads. That was one of the main reasons why I started to fear that the scumteam was hiding behind Yuma and his semi-IC status.
now that TA cleared up that matter, I think a good portion of the scumteam is hiding amongst the lurkers. what better explanation is there of the lack of scummy content is there than scum being players that posts little content.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: April 15, 2014, 05:10:20 pm »

I will go with a vote: A Drowned Kernel because he fits on so many possible scumteams.

He makes a nice partner with Archetype because of their lack of interaction with each other. They have mostly been keeping each other towards the middle of their scumreads (Archetype voted for ADK, but is was during a "safe"moment with the andrew wagon being on the rise).

Speaking of Andrews... I mentioned D1 that I would be suspicious of ADK if Andrews should flip scum because of the way ADK defended him. I still stand for that.

ADK is one of the few persons not to vote jimmm, or to put him on a want to lynch list D2. He have jimmmm on his 'willing to lynch'-list, but questions the wagon
I'm confused about the Jim lynch. Is there a solid reason anyone has for shooting him or has this game just stagnated to the point where people are fine lynching whoever?
I agree with yuma's plan.

I'm reading jimmmm as towny right now or at least null, I don't see how his reaction to TA's result was scummy or troublesome.
jimmmmm barely mentiones ADK maken them good potential scummates.

Xerxes and ADK is another couple that barely interact with each other.
ADK mentiones Xerxes as a scumread early in the game.

xeiron I'm finding scummy, like he's willing to lynch literally anybody. XP's OMGUS against ash is stirring some warning bells.

People I would like to lynch: sudgy, shraeye (I don't think that's happening though)
People I wouldn't mind lynching: xeiron, XP

I go back and forth on ash, which is what I did all day every day in Super Mario Bros, so yeah, but I don't think I would lynch him today.

I like my vote for sudgy. People should vote for sudgy.

Note that ADKs resoning here is pretty defuse. He also never votes Xerxes.  Just like the classic "I want to have my scumpartner as a scumread without saying anything that might contribute to lynching them" mindset.

This is starting to get repetitive. But really, name your scumreads and ADK fits as their partner. I find it harder to construct believable scumteams without ADK than with him and that makes him a good choice for dayvigging/lynching.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: April 15, 2014, 05:18:43 pm »

I won't be around for most of the night.  Another volleyball match, maybe two.  I might be able to check a bit on my phone.  I should be back before 11 PM at the latest (but possibly earlier), so I should not miss the deadline.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 15, 2014, 06:32:46 pm »

Just putting it out there. WW has been incessantly interrogating people, usually on one specific moment in the game that has no consequence on anything (whitch he admits himself). Although he makes nice organized posts with quotes and links and such I think he posts overall are pretty empty and could just be active scum, trying to post something of consequence even if nothing comes of it. He has also gotten a free pass the whole game with only a couple people voting him for short periods of time. It's enough for me to

vote: Witherweaver

I am getting a townread in WW for just the reason you are describing here. I think scum more often are the ones answering questions and commenting on sitiations. Not the ones asking the questions and   raising new topics, as I see witherweawer are doing.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 15, 2014, 06:34:07 pm »

It is getting late here and I will not be around to deadline.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 15, 2014, 06:45:20 pm »

Intent to Dayvig: ADK

Please claim if you intend to, or state that you will not claim at your earliest opportunity.

Also present final reads...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: April 15, 2014, 06:47:43 pm »

I am considering him. Just because I didn't put him in my final three doesn't mean I am not considering him. Tomorrow if he is still alive town should absolutely consider him. But for various reasons I did not like his lynch/vig today.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: April 15, 2014, 07:40:25 pm »

Ok. What I actually meant was "the possibility of scum!ash" which I think you picked up on.

Well I guess WW isn't getting lynched today? What do other people think of him?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: April 15, 2014, 07:42:34 pm »

Ok. What I actually meant was "the possibility of scum!ash" which I think you picked up on.

Well I guess WW isn't getting lynched today? What do other people think of him?

For me I see reasons to not lynch WW and reasons to lynch him.

For ADK I see reason to lynch WW and zero reasons to not lynch him.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 15, 2014, 07:47:08 pm »

Sorry, that second sentence confuses the hell out of me. Do you mean wait until ADK's flip?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 16 queries.