Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 144821 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D1)
« Reply #675 on: January 22, 2014, 11:54:01 am »

Day 1 ends January 23rd, 12:00 AM, so in 24 hours.

No, in 12 hours. The day ends when the forum clock hits 1/23.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 22, 2014, 11:56:19 am »

Oh, I see. We don't go by AM/PM here (11 PM is 23:00) so I always get that confused.

That's a little close for my taste, but we have actual wagons now, so we should be ok.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 22, 2014, 12:03:32 pm »

At this point I far prefer Ahoppy and Eevee to TA and chairs, like those two are near the top of my not lynch list. I think only PPS would be higher than those two

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 22, 2014, 12:04:08 pm »

And what about Teproc?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 22, 2014, 12:06:33 pm »

And what about Teproc?

I would probably vote for him, pending going back and looking at stuff and making sure that everything I remember is what I remember... but 1. he has zero votes on him now 2. his main proponent of his lynch is voting elsewhere and isn't likely to be back. If people are really interested in Teproc and want me to put some stuff together (like they think they might want to vote for him) I'll, put it together, but I have the feeling that isn't going to happen so is probably best left for another day.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 22, 2014, 12:07:57 pm »

I am honestly cooling on AHoppy, never wanted to vote for Eevee, won't vote TA/chairs/PPS, so I'd like to hear a non-faust case on him. At this point I'll vote AHoppy of the people with votes but I'm not feeling great about it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 22, 2014, 12:11:45 pm »

I'm in a similar position Voltaire (as in : I really don't want to lynch TA/chairs, and to a lesser extent Eevee), but why are you cooling on AHoppy ? Is it just because you find some votes (PPS and me) on him scummy ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 22, 2014, 12:13:40 pm »

I'm in a similar position Voltaire (as in : I really don't want to lynch TA/chairs, and to a lesser extent Eevee), but why are you cooling on AHoppy ? Is it just because you find some votes (PPS and me) on him scummy ?

Also found his reaction genuine, as faust commented.

There's been one case on you and I didn't like it, but you're still in my "pool" (so to speak) so I want to see what yuma has on you. I very well could go back to AHoppy.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 22, 2014, 12:17:03 pm »

Want to Lynch: Robz or AHoppy
Would Lynch: chairs (I get the case on him but I'm not feeling a scum vibe but probably because he mostly lurks which I think scum!chairs would not do)
Have no good reason to lynch: Jimmmmm, scott_pilgrim, Eevee
Will not lynch today: TA, Voltaire, faust, Teproc, yuma, archetype (just because he deserves to make it past D1 someday)
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 22, 2014, 12:21:21 pm »

Voltaire, how do you think Ahoppy is acting in relation to Mafia 31? You were masons with him there.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 22, 2014, 12:22:57 pm »

Voltaire, how do you think Ahoppy is acting in relation to Mafia 31? You were masons with him there.

He never came under pressure, I did. Well that's not true, he came under pressure as the last-minute lurker lynch D1, but I don't think he was around to defend himself. I defended him instead.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 22, 2014, 12:23:50 pm »

Also, in case anyone is confused, we weren't actually masons (masons are two players who know each other are town and can talk to each other). We were Best Friends (we knew we were town, but could not talk outside of the game thread at any time).

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 22, 2014, 12:34:49 pm »

MMk.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 22, 2014, 12:35:28 pm »

Alright then:

Teproc....

- Ok... my first initial impression of Teproc was that he was coming into the game using the "angry, contentious townie" impression that is very easy for scum to fall back on. Comes in and just is really against everything that is going on, from the current status of theory talk, to the current wagons. It is certainly one I have taken in the past (Wibbly Wobbely in regard to Volt's lynch day1 for example...)

- He didn't do much hunting at all early. He had a vote on me and then just talked theory for a really long time. Eventually he sat down on a vote on chairs for not contributing. The vote wasn't too important to me, although it was indicative of how he was approaching the game... just kinda talking theory and realized he wasn't hunting and so went for an easy target? But instead it was what happened after as chairs had just made his "I forgot about the game" moment. Voltaire pointed it out and Teproc responded very passively. Kinda like an "Oopps... that was silly of me, hope no one notices..."

- Next he moves a vote to Jimmmmm but what is important here isnt' the vote on Jimmmm it is how he is responding to the votes on eevee... he says "I don't like Jimmm's vote at all though. The fourth vote is what makes it a wagon, and I don't think Eevee is a good wagon because of his relative lurkiness" which wasn't that basically the same reason he voted for chairs earlier. So one is a wagon he is willing to start, but the second is a wagon that he isn't? What is the difference? I think the wagons or the people aren't different (except for of course, the fact that some people found chairs to be townie because of his moment, but that is beside the point) instead the difference is how Teproc wants to approach it. I think scum nowadays wants to be the ones creating the wagons. They want to be in control and then attack those who are creating the wagons. And I think that is what Teproc is doing here (faust originally brought up this idea). He sees a wagon... I don't know the alignment of eevee so it is on town or a scum partner?.... and takes it down and tries to get a wagon started on a player that is on it... Jimmmm. To expound on this, he says his reason for voting Jimmm is because he disagrees with Jimmmm's read. Disagreeing with reads doesn't indicate scummy. Scummy is scummy. Disagreeing is a convenient way to make it look like someone is scummy.

So those are the things that had stuck out to me as I was reading them as they came through. The first two I don't think are that significant in a sense. They are more what I would term "gut feels" even though I hate that terminology. To explain it, they are some of the things that I look for scum to be doing that make me want to look closer at a person... Kinda makes me want to keep my eye on them as town can do them as well (well town can do anything scum can do because the scum playing on here of late is exceptionally good I think) so they are more just triggers that make me think teproc has a chance of being scum, but don't necessarily make me think he is scum.

The third I think is potentially more important. As it shows a difference in how teproc is approaching different wagons and the difference depends on what he wants to get out of it. Also I think the excuse to find Jimmmm scummy because he disagrees with a read is weak excuse for his vote.

So maybe not enough to vote for, but like I said, I would be willing, especially compared to TA and chairs....

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 22, 2014, 12:36:21 pm »

Well, I tihnk the lynch I am supporting is a pretty lazy, though not without merit one. Really not sure who I prefer. I won't vote for Eevee. I would vote for yuma, the case he's pushing against me doesn't seem like something he would truly think as town. But it seems pointless trying to get that going right now.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: January 22, 2014, 12:39:54 pm »

Well, I tihnk the lynch I am supporting is a pretty lazy, though not without merit one.

Yup.

OK, yuma's points on Teproc are reasonable, but like he says, not voting reasons.

yuma feels bad to my gut, but you know what we say to our guts. Not today.

vote: AHoppy That's four again I believe.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 22, 2014, 12:41:19 pm »

Oh I actually kind of like yuma's case on Teproc though.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 22, 2014, 12:42:50 pm »

Ahoppy seems like even more of settling lynch than chairs--unless there's something I've missed (very likely there is, having not read the whole thread).

Vote: Teproc ?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 22, 2014, 12:43:06 pm »

Well, I tihnk the lynch I am supporting is a pretty lazy, though not without merit one. Really not sure who I prefer. I won't vote for Eevee. I would vote for yuma, the case he's pushing against me doesn't seem like something he would truly think as town. But it seems pointless trying to get that going right now.

How far back are you reading this? I am not currently pushing for your lynch... although I was curious about voltiare having a strong town read on you....

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 22, 2014, 12:43:57 pm »

Ahoppy seems like even more of settling lynch than chairs--unless there's something I've missed (very likely there is, having not read the whole thread).

Vote: Teproc ?

That's the entire point, there isn't.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 22, 2014, 12:45:16 pm »

Stuff happened, and it seems I can stick around for a little longer. Which is good, because I see some support for a Teproc lynch right there. So I can change my vote back to vote: Teproc.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 22, 2014, 12:46:50 pm »

How far back are you reading this? I am not currently pushing for your lynch... although I was curious about voltiare having a strong town read on you....

I know you're not, but I thought you accusing me of meta manipulation here was such a reach, uncharacteristic of town!you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 22, 2014, 12:49:24 pm »

I know you're not, but I thought you accusing me of meta manipulation here was such a reach, uncharacteristic of town!you.

Really? I am pretty sure I have accused you of doing the same before... successfully in some cases, might I add. Back to Basics is the most obvious. Where I hypothesized that you were using an "angry meta" early which at the time was more of a town!Robz meta and it turned out that you were.... well not that you were faking your meta, but that you were capitalizing on it for you own benefit which is how the best meta manipulation works...

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 22, 2014, 12:51:20 pm »

So, yuma's case on me :

Not much I can say to 1 and 2, but I feel like my reaction to the Eevee wagon is being misinterpreted here. If I understand correctly what yuma is saying, it is weird for me to be against the Eevee wagon when I was voting for chairs earlier ? Because they're both wagons on lurkers ?

Well to that I'll answer that chairs and Eevee aren't the same person. chairs lurking could be scummy, I don't know, I only have experience with him as scum. I know Eevee is (in my experience at least) somewhat of a lurker on day 1 in both alignments.

I feel like I'm maybe misreading though ? Because it doesn't seem like a big contradiction to me.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 22, 2014, 12:52:05 pm »

*I mean I only have experience with chairs as town.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 17 queries.