Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 144157 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D1)
« Reply #300 on: January 13, 2014, 10:21:16 pm »

(That and if I keep voting for and lynching) faust often enough in the games we play in, eventually he is bound to flip mafia right?

It worked with Arch in Time War.

Except that I came flying in and suggested no-lynch....

speaking of which, has that been considered here? I am thinking it is probably bad (it almost always is) but again, with as many PRs as we have do we want the game to be extended longer so more people have a chance to potentially catch scum?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2014, 10:31:52 pm »

Actually, no lynch could be a good idea. It makes N4 and N5 cops more likely to get used, too.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 13, 2014, 10:38:08 pm »

(That and if I keep voting for and lynching) faust often enough in the games we play in, eventually he is bound to flip mafia right?

speaking of which, has that been considered here? I am thinking it is probably bad (it almost always is) but again, with as many PRs as we have do we want the game to be extended longer so more people have a chance to potentially catch scum?

Actually, I originally suggested it. You liked it and actually argued for it. It was a scum trap that just barely didn't work. The whole plan was to get someone to look scummy as hell for arguing for no-lynch. If they succeeded even better.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 13, 2014, 10:38:38 pm »

sorry, just the first part of that sentence should be bolded... but the part after the bold is what I think does have merit...

So you're saying that there must be at least one scum who thinks they would be voting for pps if they were Town?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 13, 2014, 10:56:05 pm »

I would say right now if I had to guess where scum is in the above vote count, I would say 1 is voting for PPS and at least 1 is not voting.... or PPS is scum, but I am thinking one on PPS is scum. So i'll keep voting for faust.

Vote:Yuma

Rather than trying to access whether or not PPS is scum, he's trying to find someone on the PPS wagon. He hasn't put forth a read on PPS, instead, is looking for someone voting for PPS to put suspicion on.

Looking for scum on a wagon, rather than trying to access if the wagon is correct, is something that scum do more than town.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 13, 2014, 11:01:15 pm »

I would say right now if I had to guess where scum is in the above vote count, I would say 1 is voting for PPS and at least 1 is not voting.... or PPS is scum, but I am thinking one on PPS is scum. So i'll keep voting for faust.

I guess you are right TA, there isn't a read in my quote here, although I certainly intended there to be one as I agreed with whomever it was that said PPS was being more like the Innovation? PPS than the DW PPS

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 13, 2014, 11:03:27 pm »

Actually, I originally suggested it. You liked it and actually argued for it. It was a scum trap that just barely didn't work. The whole plan was to get someone to look scummy as hell for arguing for no-lynch. If they succeeded even better.

Hmmm, I don't remember you suggesting it, what initially triggered me thinking about it was nkirbit? I think? talking about how the town wouldn't allow a no-lynch to go through and votes would be cast at the last minute if needed... and it got me thinking "would that be so bad" same thing applies here... "would that be so bad"

I'll give it some thought tomorrow as I am about to head to bed.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 13, 2014, 11:04:30 pm »

Looking for scum on a wagon, rather than trying to access if the wagon is correct, is something that scum do more than town.

But while we are discussing this, let's also discuss this:

Throwing out blanket statements, rather than providing evidence to show it as such, is something that scum do more than town.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 13, 2014, 11:12:13 pm »

I know it's something I've done twice -- I did it D1 in Innovation on the mail-mi wagon, and in Modern Community on the nkirbit D1 wagon. I know Nkirbit did it D1 in clue on the AShersky wagon. When I did it in Modern Community, I knew immediately "crap, I shouldn't have done that", and I was called out on it, and it's a red flag I noted to specifically look for in future games.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 13, 2014, 11:13:31 pm »

Basically, I think that town wants to think "Is PPS scum? Let's try to figure that out", while scum might skip that step, since they don't have to spend the time thinking if PPS is scum. Pre-emptive wagon analysis before a flip is less likely from town (and you're right, that's a blanket statement, but it's one I believe to be true).

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 13, 2014, 11:14:57 pm »

Also, if Yuma is scum, I doubt he covers for a partner like that D1, so PPS is probably town. So a bit townier on PPS now.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 14, 2014, 12:24:04 am »

Town read on TA, with the disclaimer that what Eevee said makes sense.

Slight scum read on yuma, with the disclaimer that yuma is supposed to be super hard to catch as scum.

Scum read on myself for posting hedgy disclaimers.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 14, 2014, 01:12:11 am »

Okay, I'm aiming to read and catch up in the next two days. I just haven't had time for everything and have had to prioritize other games, Survivor and real life.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 14, 2014, 06:22:33 am »

Hey there people !

As far as claiming, not claiming goes, here's where I stand :
- Doctors never claim.
- Cops claim with a guilty result

Jimmmm's plan of doctors rolling 1-5 and saying who they would have investigated is very interesting. It has problems :
- If a doc says he targeted scum and doesn't say anything about his result, scum will know he's lying. I'm not sure this is actually that big a deal. You could say it reduces their NK pool, but that would happen anyway : if they're trying to kill future cops, they will target people who haven't "claimed" a night yet anyway.
- TA's objection that a doctor might clear someone accidentally. I don't think that's true at all, it's pretty simple : we shouldn't assume anything until someone full claims. The whole claiming after the night is just something we can look at once they die, not something we should base votes on the next day.

The alternative is to just allow cops to claim with any result. I think we should do either one of these (either cops always claiming after investigation or the numbers thing).

I think you should only claim a night at L-1 if your night has already come and gone. Obviously no one should claim their night at L-1 on day 1, that would be ridiculous, but the same goes for a night-2/3/4/5 PR on day 2. That seems like a good idea because it's not even something that prevents your lynch at all, so scum can't make much of it.

I agree that yuma's wagon analysis is scummy. At the very least it's wrong, because some people like Robz or myself have not voted because we were absent more than anything else. In fact, the more I think about it, the less I believe town!yuma would do something like that.

vote: yuma
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 14, 2014, 06:23:31 am »

If you think what Eevee said makes sense, by your/his own logic, you should probably be voting for him, shouldn't you ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: January 14, 2014, 06:41:16 am »

If you think what Eevee said makes sense, by your/his own logic, you should probably be voting for him, shouldn't you ?

Yes.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 14, 2014, 07:13:00 am »

Oh you are ! I thought you had unvoted at some point since that was RVS.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 14, 2014, 07:28:37 am »

Well... that's a lame reason to vote me.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 14, 2014, 07:33:04 am »

I don't think it was a misunderstanding, at least not the crux of it which was summed up in bold:

vote: yuma for now. Has apparently played this setup before, but his contributions are a bit lacking original thought for that. And the whole "I'm so glad I'm not scum" thing rubs me the wrong way.

1. lacking original thought
2. rubbing him the wrong way

neither of which are valid reasons for a vote, while the third part 3. apparently played this game before is just a sidebar to the whole discussion.

But that alone wouldn't be enough for me to keep my vote there if there was something else a bit more pertinent elsewhere (there hasn't been), but me thinking there is scum somewhere on the pps wagon is.

My post was roughly what? The tenth in-game post or so? If something you do is rubbing me the wrong way at that point, that's more than enough reason for a vote.

I know the last part of this isn't serious, but the fact that you mislynch me as town on a regular basis should maybe make you second-guess your opinion on me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 14, 2014, 07:40:13 am »

I think faust's points against yuma are more reasonable than yuma's points against him (and I think it's worth noting because I rarely disagree with yuma's points). "Rubbing me the wrong way" is just another way of expressing a gut feeling, and we shouldn't just dismiss those, especially day 1 when there is no strong hard evidence anyways.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 14, 2014, 07:52:29 am »

Actually, no lynch could be a good idea. It makes N4 and N5 cops more likely to get used, too.

I think this is interesting, and I want to do some math to see just how good it is (because I like to do math). Don't have the time right now though, so it will have to wait.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 14, 2014, 09:01:09 am »

(because I like to do math)
It's statements like this that make you seem suspicious.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 14, 2014, 10:36:43 am »

But while we are discussing this, let's also discuss this:

Throwing out blanket statements, rather than providing evidence to show it as such, is something that scum do more than town.

Pretty sure this is wrong.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 14, 2014, 12:57:04 pm »

(because I like to do math)
It's statements like this that make you seem suspicious.

No, it's statements like these that are completely null. I don't doubt that Faust likes to do math, regardless of whether he's town or scum.

It's unusual that I am disagreeing with you this much this early. You seem to be playing much less from your gut than you normally do.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 14, 2014, 12:58:50 pm »

I think Eevee was making a joke?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.