Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 69  All

Author Topic: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Game Over - Town + Survivor win!)  (Read 159636 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #625 on: December 30, 2013, 05:43:07 pm »

I think as soon as D2, we'll have a good idea (at least I will) of whether we need to rid the game of the power I enable instead of protecting it.
So you are saying that your role is
a) an enabling role that is worth protecting
b) it is probably not best for you to discuss the details of your role
c) certain players know the same things that you know but it is best if all of you keep quiet about it

and on top of that your secret information leads you to suspect Walrus
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #626 on: December 30, 2013, 05:43:15 pm »

Hi!

So I think that you guys should vote for Walrus.  As a tree stump, I don't have that capability.

So the reaally awesome part of being a tree stump is that scum can't kill me, which means I'm basically a half-IC (since I'm dead I don't count against their wincon, but since I'm dead they can't kill me to shut me up).  I guess they can go back to N1 to "fix" that, but then they're wasting a kill on somebody who's already dead!  It's glorious  ;D

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 30, 2013, 05:45:27 pm »

Hi!

So I think that you guys should vote for Walrus.  As a tree stump, I don't have that capability.

So the reaally awesome part of being a tree stump is that scum can't kill me, which means I'm basically a half-IC (since I'm dead I don't count against their wincon, but since I'm dead they can't kill me to shut me up).  I guess they can go back to N1 to "fix" that, but then they're wasting a kill on somebody who's already dead!  It's glorious  ;D

tree stump.....chairs.....there is a joke there
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 30, 2013, 05:46:06 pm »

On a serious note, why should we vote Walrus?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 30, 2013, 05:46:53 pm »

Vote: chairs
I will let it stand through a vote count.
I read the answer to Fausts question so that voting chairs won't count, but it do not hurt to double check.
If we cannot lynch Chairs, he is probably not scum. That's good news.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: December 30, 2013, 05:47:20 pm »

Hi!

tree stump.....chairs.....there is a joke there

As the Something Awful forums would put it, :iiawwii:

PPE:

I think Sudgy's plan worked.

Vote: chairs
I will let it stand through a vote count.
I read the answer to Fausts question so that voting chairs won't count, but it do not hurt to double check.
If we cannot lynch Chairs, he is probably not scum. That's good news.

Good suggestion, though it's already mod-confirmed and this isn't Bastard.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 30, 2013, 05:50:36 pm »

Vote Count 2.2

jotheonah (2): nkirbit, yuma
Walrus (1): ashersky

Not voting (8): EFHW, faust, Jimmmmm, jotheonah, pingpongsam, Walrus, xeiron, 2.71828.....

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

D2 ends on Monday, January 6 at noon forum time

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 30, 2013, 05:56:17 pm »

I think Sudgy's plan worked.

Do you have any special information that would lead you to believe that, or is it more of a gut feeling?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 30, 2013, 05:57:01 pm »

I think as soon as D2, we'll have a good idea (at least I will) of whether we need to rid the game of the power I enable instead of protecting it.
c) certain players know the same things that you know but it is best if all of you keep quiet about it

a) yes
b) possibly
c) not exactly, but good try
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 30, 2013, 05:57:31 pm »

Yuma for trying to avoid a lynch at all.

why is this scummy?

It is scummy, because in a situation where we are close to deadline, and blitzvoting to reach a lynch, and one of the feasable lynch canditates is scum (Archetype), other scum members would try to avoid having their teammate lynched. Either by pushing another wagon, or by just trying to avoid any lynch as you did.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 30, 2013, 05:59:47 pm »

why is this scummy?

It is scummy, because in a situation where we are close to deadline, and blitzvoting to reach a lynch, and one of the feasable lynch canditates is scum (Archetype), other scum members would try to avoid having their teammate lynched. Either by pushing another wagon, or by just trying to avoid any lynch as you did.
Or scum could hammer their partner when they don't see a way out of it

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 30, 2013, 06:00:20 pm »

No, my information doesn't actually say anything about Walrus at all.

sudgy was a weak doctor.  sudgy's statement says he targeted Walrus.  sudgy died.

Occam's Razor says Walrus is scum.  WIFOM says well, scum could have just killed sudgy.  That's a good idea and all, and is supported by the fact that no one else died.  What I'm saying is that I can account for no one else dying, so that point in favor of the WIFOM argument is null.

If you'd like, scum could have killed sudgy AND Walrus can be scum at the same time.  Since Walrus was one of the three named, they didn't want to risk it so they shot sudgy to ensure there was only the one kill to allow for the WIFOM argument.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 30, 2013, 06:01:31 pm »

why is this scummy?

I kind of disagree with you here a bit, Xeiron.  I think the path of least resistance for Yuma, were he Archetype's teammate, would have been to push the Walrus wagon.  He had been absent through no fault of his own, so he wouldn't draw any suspicion pushing that wagon at that point, I don't think.  A town mislynch is also better than a no-lynch, were he Archetype's partner.  Pushing a no-lynch turns more attention to himself while pushing for a worse outcome, so I just don't see it as a scummy action.

Of course, if Walrus turns out to be Archetype's partner, then yeah, Yuma's pretty scummy by association.  But I don't think that's the case.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 30, 2013, 06:02:14 pm »

No, my information doesn't actually say anything about Walrus at all.

sudgy was a weak doctor.  sudgy's statement says he targeted Walrus.  sudgy died.

Occam's Razor says Walrus is scum.  WIFOM says well, scum could have just killed sudgy.  That's a good idea and all, and is supported by the fact that no one else died.  What I'm saying is that I can account for no one else dying, so that point in favor of the WIFOM argument is null.

If you'd like, scum could have killed sudgy AND Walrus can be scum at the same time.  Since Walrus was one of the three named, they didn't want to risk it so they shot sudgy to ensure there was only the one kill to allow for the WIFOM argument.

Can you account for Sudgy not dying through a normal NK?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 30, 2013, 06:02:28 pm »

why is this scummy?

Ok. But how does that make me scum? Wouldn't have the better option at this juncture be to vote for Walrus if I was arch's mate?

This was the vote count when I first posted the no-lynch idea:

Archetype (4): Jimmmmm, Walrus, Faust, Nkirbit
xeiron (3): sudgy, 2.7..., jotheonah
Galzria (1): chairs
Walrus (4): ashersky, pingpongsam, Xeiron, Archetype

It would have been supremely easy and no one would have blamed me for voting for walrus at this point coming in as a sub. I even said that I had been suspicious of walrus in the speccy thread (but that this had waned of late). If I were scum partners with Arch all I would have had to say was "I have been suspicious of walrus all game watching, vote walrus" and then press for it.

So again I ask, how is the narrative of me suggesting a no-lynch a scummy one?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 30, 2013, 06:03:18 pm »

No, I cannot definitely rule that out.  Can you confirm he was?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 30, 2013, 06:06:43 pm »

No, I cannot definitely rule that out.  Can you confirm he was?

Well, if you can't definitely rule it out, I just don't think we should go there.

Do you think it's feasible for Archetype and Walrus to be partners?  I just don't... I don't think we had our two largest day1 wagons on scum, and I don't think Walrus would have claimed and thrown suspicion on Arch the way he did if they were partners.

Given that I don't think Walrus is mafia, I just don't think it makes sense to try and lynch him today.  Yeah, he could be a third party, but I'd rather try and lynch someone who could be either mafia or a potential third party than lynch Walrus.  Heck, I don't even know if a third party exists, so if I have evidence that someone isn't mafia, I'm content to not lynch them at this point in the game.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 30, 2013, 06:22:14 pm »

why is this scummy?

Ok. But how does that make me scum? Wouldn't have the better option at this juncture be to vote for Walrus if I was arch's mate?

It would have been supremely easy and no one would have blamed me for voting for walrus at this point coming in as a sub. I even said that I had been suspicious of walrus in the speccy thread (but that this had waned of late). If I were scum partners with Arch all I would have had to say was "I have been suspicious of walrus all game watching, vote walrus" and then press for it.

Roughly speaking there where four alternatives yesterday.
1. Vote Archetype
2. Vote Walrus
3. Vote Xeiron
4. Support no-lynch.

I can certainly see town going for any of them. Scum would probably choose something else that 1. At least before a Archetype lynch was unavoidable.
Now, we are in a situation where over half of the non-IC-players voted Archetype.
That leaves the rest as scummier by elimination.
It is not so much the no-lynch thing thats make you scummy, but rather not joining the Archetype wagon.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 30, 2013, 06:23:57 pm »

It is not so much the no-lynch thing thats make you scummy, but rather not joining the Archetype wagon.

Then you should have said that from the beginning. I have no problem being seen as somewhat scummier than others for not voting archetype compared to those who did, especially those who voted early and at key moments, but to single me out for saying "no-lynch" and focusing on that is another story...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 30, 2013, 06:48:33 pm »

Heck, I don't even know if a third party exists, so if I have evidence that someone isn't mafia, I'm content to not lynch them at this point in the game.

Can you please share the evidence you have that walrus isn't mafia?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: December 30, 2013, 07:12:34 pm »

I have a lot of catching up to do. Please stop voting for me for a second. I have things to share.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 30, 2013, 07:18:08 pm »

why is this scummy?

Because Walrus and Archetype were BOTH your partners! You had no other choice. THat's rich!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 30, 2013, 07:19:52 pm »

Ok, I have no useful information. I thought I did, but then I re-read and it turns out I didn't. I think Walrus is our best guess at present.

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 30, 2013, 07:21:19 pm »

Because Walrus and Archetype were BOTH your partners! You had no other choice. THat's rich!

Ok. If that is your narrative why didn't I vote for xeiron and make him a fully viable lynch candidate making all of them at 4 votes?

your reasoning doesn't make sense.

i am staying with my joth vote

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 30, 2013, 07:22:57 pm »

You saw how the town was acting and figured no lynch was a better bet. Remember, to accomplish a no lynch all you ha to do was stall us out.

You didn't have much time to look through the day's posts and build a case on xeiron. So you went with a case that saved your partner and didn't require time for research.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 69  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.