Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)  (Read 118481 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)
« Reply #1250 on: November 18, 2013, 05:16:14 pm »

mail-mi, get your butt in here and convince Teproc you're town. That looks like the only way town's going to win.
In class (it's been a review class so far) and I promise I will as soon as I can have computer access.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 18, 2013, 05:16:51 pm »

They don't as much. As town, I think you'd be more careful about excluding mail-mi for what I perceive to be weak reasons. If all he has to do to appear town is act this way, it maked it very easy for him as scum, and I think you know that.

I also think that, as scum, mail-mi has tried behaving differently, and has been lynched because he wasn't "normal mail-mi". It would make sense for him to go back to his normal meta as scum in this game. You apparently not seeing this is scummy to me.

About your "Well, that was fun" post. No one seems to think it's scummy. I obviously do. Since I'm apparently a quasi-IC today, don't you think scum would have tried to play that up, to confirm to me that this was indeed a scummy post ? No one has done that (yuma and mail-mi don't find it scummy, Eevee hasn't commented on it).

PPE: Lol, I guess you guys are well coordinated ! Just kidding, but I don't think anyon can convince me they're town anyway. I'm not convinced yuma is town. I'm just even less convinced that you are.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 18, 2013, 05:17:01 pm »

It reads to me like Voltaire decided that the meta defense would be enough to keep mail-mi out of trouble in the first few (which it was), and then went straight to bussing on day 3. This is very abrupt, so much so that I do think it's pretty likely to have been orchestrated in night 2.
Interesting that he starts day 3 with a town read on yuma, but then gradually finds him scummy. What I think about that, and this might be me being self-centered, is that he seemed to have abandoned the mail-mi-Eevee possibility right when I did. At that point, he figured : "Hey, I don't even have to bus ! Just have to convince Teproc that the correct team in yuma/mail-mi and he'll vote for yuma".
He votes for yuma, and this helps me narrowing my decision to Voltaire/yuma. Now he just has to convince me to vote yuma, and mail-mi can hammer.

That's because I eliminated mail-mi/Eevee as a possibility and that means yuma has to be scum. Do you see what I am saying?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 18, 2013, 05:18:27 pm »

I know that. I even comment on what I think happened there right in this quote you pulled.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 18, 2013, 05:21:04 pm »

1. They don't as much. As town, I think you'd be more careful about excluding mail-mi for what I perceive to be weak reasons. If all he has to do to appear town is act this way, it maked it very easy for him as scum, and I think you know that.

2. I also think that, as scum, mail-mi has tried behaving differently, and has been lynched because he wasn't "normal mail-mi". It would make sense for him to go back to his normal meta as scum in this game. You apparently not seeing this is scummy to me.

3. About your "Well, that was fun" post. No one seems to think it's scummy. I obviously do. Since I'm apparently a quasi-IC today, don't you think scum would have tried to play that up, to confirm to me that this was indeed a scummy post ? No one has done that (yuma and mail-mi don't find it scummy, Eevee hasn't commented on it).

4. PPE: Lol, I guess you guys are well coordinated ! Just kidding, but I don't think anyon can convince me they're town anyway. I'm not convinced yuma is town. I'm just even less convinced that you are.

I've numbered your paragraphs.

1. Yes, it does make it easy for him as scum. You find him on late days. Or on D1, when he wants to claim Doctor at L-1. Have you read him in Harry Potter mafia? I highly recommend it, it won't take long.

2. Yes, that's possible, but think about what you're saying - it's a null tell. It'd be true if he's town or scum.

3. Not even scum is willing to mislynch me for that, it's so horrible. They're not doing it to get town credit, because it's the worst thing in the universe and it was extremely clear I was referring sarcastically to the Eevee non-lynch. I can walk you through this step by step if it helps.

4. Good, there is hope. I'm not giving up until you've voted.  :)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 18, 2013, 05:22:21 pm »

I know that. I even comment on what I think happened there right in this quote you pulled.

Is it not clear to you I was doing a half-dozen re-reads of all possibilities and players? Really, if you think I'm scum because of the order I decided to do my re-reads I will be very deflated. I think yuma successfully poisoned you into thinking anyone agreeing with you is scum sucking up to you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 18, 2013, 05:24:52 pm »

1. Yes, it does make it easy for him as scum. You find him on late days. Or on D1, when he wants to claim Doctor at L-1. Have you read him in Harry Potter mafia? I highly recommend it, it won't take long.

Made a typo. I meant L-5. Seriously, he wanted to claim massively early in that game.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 18, 2013, 05:30:04 pm »

3. Not even scum is willing to mislynch me for that, it's so horrible. They're not doing it to get town credit, because it's the worst thing in the universe and it was extremely clear I was referring sarcastically to the Eevee non-lynch. I can walk you through this step by step if it helps.

Also, I explained myself seconds later, before the thread lock. It's not like I had to retrofit/invent a reason the next day.

Well...that was fun.

vote: Walrus

What the hell was that ?

Trying to switch to Eevee is all.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 18, 2013, 05:32:24 pm »

Except you were trying to switch to yuma, not Eevee. The fact that you can't keep who you're lynching straight points towards scum as well.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 18, 2013, 05:32:54 pm »

Except you were trying to switch to yuma, not Eevee. The fact that you can't keep who you're lynching straight points towards scum as well.

...what?

What?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: November 18, 2013, 05:34:09 pm »

I will go to Eevee or yuma.

vote: yuma

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 18, 2013, 05:35:06 pm »

Oh, I guess you're right! But look here:

and remember the entire day how I was all "two of yuma/Eevee/Walrus" and this is VERY IMPORTANT - how yuma claimed I was using dumb logic and Eevee fought hard to get mail-mi included. At that moment there were lots of Eevee votes, and I was getting nervous there were too many Eevee votes.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 18, 2013, 05:38:47 pm »

Yeah I understand that. Again, this "scumslip" or whatever seems to be accepted by everyone to be lame, so that's ok. But even if it was the worst argument in the history of mafia, scum would probably have said something like "Well, I see how you could read it that way, but I don't really". yuma (and mail-mi) didn't even do that.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 18, 2013, 05:40:29 pm »

I admit Eevee is not the one I voted for. I preferred yuma over Eevee. I asked your opinion about Eevee votes, and at the same time, I said

I don't think there's a fourth vote on yuma. The votes are there for Eevee I guess (not mine though).

I am kinda concerned about all the Eevee votes lying around, Teproc. EFHW what do you think about that? 9 minutes.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 18, 2013, 05:41:08 pm »

Yeah I understand that. Again, this "scumslip" or whatever seems to be accepted by everyone to be lame, so that's ok. But even if it was the worst argument in the history of mafia, scum would probably have said something like "Well, I see how you could read it that way, but I don't really". yuma (and mail-mi) didn't even do that.
It is a bit scummy--out of context. In context, it's totally null.

Pretty sold on Yuma/Eevee scum team.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 18, 2013, 05:41:13 pm »

Are you really willing to bet the game on that?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 18, 2013, 05:42:22 pm »

Are you really willing to bet the game on that?

Sorry, I don't mean to come across as rude. My heart has been racing all day. Win or lose, this has been quite thrilling. I'm still holding out hope you'll make the right choice.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 18, 2013, 05:43:26 pm »

I see no reason not to vote, unless you still harbor concerns the scum team is someone else. I'm confident enough with my bet, I understand if everyone else is not.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 18, 2013, 05:45:49 pm »

I see no reason not to vote, unless you still harbor concerns the scum team is someone else. I'm confident enough with my bet, I understand if everyone else is not.
I am still worried that I throw my vote down on Yuma, then Eevee comes in and hammers him and you two rejoice.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 18, 2013, 05:46:22 pm »

I am still worried that I throw my vote down on Yuma, then Eevee comes in and hammers him and you two rejoice.

Fair enough.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 18, 2013, 05:57:08 pm »

This is also super-consistent with town!mail-mi.

Teproc, please please please read scum!mail-mi in KingsCourtGoonsMasquerade and in Harry Potter mafia. Both games are short and mail-mi posts very little, so it will not take very long. I think the difference should be very clear.

Yuma has successfully poisoned your mind and made you think that me agreeing with you is scum sucking up to you. Please look back on my case on yuma. Please look back at how yuma and Eevee responded to my "2 of 3 are scum" yesterday. Please look at how they've positioned themselves today, and how yuma has behaved after placing his vote on me.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 18, 2013, 06:01:56 pm »

I did read mail-mi and those game and he was indeed very different. He was also lynched pretty much for that reason. I then took a look at a agame where he was town (can't remember which), and found that he wasn't as bandwagonny as he was this game. I will reconsider tomorrow in any case, I'm not voting tonight.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 18, 2013, 06:02:59 pm »

well if you have any questions for me, ask today. I am starting back into work tomorrow and won't be on much at all.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 18, 2013, 06:22:11 pm »

I am not sure how/when mail-mi separated me and voltaire out and decided I was the scummy one here...

Cause looks like he skimmed the last couple of pages and somehow ended up thinking I was the scummy one

Oh gosh that's a lot of pages. I skimmed while at lunch and now class is about to start. I'm not comfortable with either vote actually, Eevee is the scum. Well, one of the votes is on his partner, but I'm not sure which. Wish I could say more, school happens at the most inconvenient time doesn't it?

I would love to hear why he thinks this:

It is a bit scummy--out of context. In context, it's totally null.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 18, 2013, 06:25:45 pm »

@yuma: You were both about the same until your "I quit the convo" post. That was just incredibly scummy and put you above volt.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 20 queries.