Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 55  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)  (Read 118531 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)
« Reply #1175 on: November 18, 2013, 01:07:14 pm »

mail-mi's entire interaction with yuma: an RVS vote, and this previously-mentioned post.

BLAH!!!!
This is exactly the thing scum types after an IC lynch. Although, considering both the PRs are gone, this could be a reaction from a townie. Ugh, mylo! My top scum read is now Eevee, followed by yuma. Really certain it's eevee, and the partner could be either yuma or voltaire but its gotta be eevee.

Seriously. That's all I can find.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 18, 2013, 01:19:59 pm »

mail-mi did say that in the yuma/Voltaire fight I came off as the scummy one.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 18, 2013, 01:25:52 pm »

I was packing, back now. I'll have phone access for 3 hours more even though I'm leaving sooner, it would be great if I got to read what yuma thinks about the quotes voltaire is pulling up before that (and if teproc and or mailmi got on). Do prioritize the baby though, yuma.  :)

What Voltaire is doing is the kind of work that we need here. (Not giving alignment points for putting in the work as scum wants to win just as bad, just general points.)

I'm reading and considering the points, yuma-mailmi definitely looks very plausible although I'd expect scumyuma to instruct his partner to for more interactions with him.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 18, 2013, 01:26:26 pm »

I kind of REALLY want to know what mailmi has got to say for this. We cant let him lurk out of committing to a position here.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 18, 2013, 01:27:33 pm »

Here's where I am. I'm looking at four people, all of which could be scum. I don't have the luxury of a town read at this point.

As I've said previously, I don't believe Voltaire/yuma and mail-mi/Eevee are very realistic possibilities. This means that my possible teams are Voltaire/mail-mi or Eeevee and yuma/mail-mi or Eevee. You could spin this otherwise, but yuma and Voltaire are my two possible lynches today because I would rather lynch the most active member of a scum team first. This is because we get more information out of the flip. Once one of them flips scum, it's easier to go back and look through their interactions with the remaining players, and proceed accordingly. If we lynch someone like mail-mi, there's much less to analyse.

Now the question is : Voltaire or yuma. I was thinking Voltaire going into day 3 for several reasons :
1) His behaviour on day 1, tunneling on Robz while accusing everyone else of scumminess
2) The end of day 2. I appear to be the only one believing this is scummy though, which is very interesting.
3) The fact that Walrus flipped town. At the time, I thought it was very likely that one of the wo was scum, and Walrus flipped town.

That being said, all these interactions between yuma and Eevee really scare me. I'm rereading yuma right now to look at interactions, and I'm not sure what to think.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 18, 2013, 01:30:21 pm »

That last sentence wasn't clear : I mean all the interactions between yuma and Eevee day 3 scare me, so I need to look back before that.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Night 1)
« Reply #1181 on: November 18, 2013, 01:31:43 pm »

So I am keeping mail-mi in the back of my mind, but right now, until I see something more convincing I don't think I will be going for a mail-mi lynch because ultimately it becomes a tossup...

This is the end of yuma's reply to Teproc's big mail-mi case. Totally reasonable for scum!yuma or town!yuma to say.

I know this is not coming out coherent (my brain is quite fried from the session still, but I was pretty eager to get back to this), but to anyone suspecting mail-mi but not voting for him because he isn't viable.. why isn't he viable?

For me it is a worry. He could be scum. Flashbacks to Pirates II haunt me. But at the same time, f.ds has countless examples of mail-mi being mislynched. It happens all the time.... Remember us in Mean Girls. We went into the end day knowing that we could push a mislynch on mail-mi...

I kinda suspect him. He has done some stuff that makes me go "huh?" But that isn't a reason to lynch mail-mi. It just isn't. Because odds are that he is going to flip town and I don't think we get much of anything out of that unfortunately... especially when we have better options in Voltaire and I think you. I don't think I would lynch walrus over mail-mi. Or Teproc over mail-mi. So he is square in the middle for me. frustrating, but that is the way it goes when you mislynch someone over and over and over again.

This is his reply to Eevee asking about mail-mi. Again, same thing.

Look if the case on voltaire wasn't very good, or if there wasn't a halfway decent case on you, yeah... I would be looking more at mail-mi. But those other options exist and so I favor them.

Look I am not saying mail-mi shouldn't be lynched. But rather that we have options that I think are better. a lot of that has to do with mail-mi, but it has more to do with me thinking that we have pretty good options in front of us, so why would I go for one that isn't as good...?

Same.

That's it for yuma/mail-mi interaction until today. That fits a yuma/mail-mi team narrative, especially with him calling us both likely scum but me more likely.

Yuma also gives all sorts of strange language about the mislynches..."blast", "despondent", "BLAH" etc. I'm not used to that in town!yuma. scum!yuma would need to justify why he keeps being wrong.

So I think mail-mi/yuma is a very, very, very, very possible scumteam here.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 18, 2013, 01:39:11 pm »

Now the question is : Voltaire or yuma. I was thinking Voltaire going into day 3 for several reasons :
1) His behaviour on day 1, tunneling on Robz while accusing everyone else of scumminess
2) The end of day 2. I appear to be the only one believing this is scummy though, which is very interesting.
3) The fact that Walrus flipped town. At the time, I thought it was very likely that one of the wo was scum, and Walrus flipped town.

1) I assume you mean me saying that I liked the cases on other people but didn't move my vote?
2) I think in context it's very clear I was just being sarcastic, I encourage you to go re-read that moment if you haven't already.
3) This is where it is very frustrating for me, but I don't blame anyone, for thinking this way. Because I have already adjusted to the truth - town has played perfectly horribly so far. It's tempting to think I'm scum because then town doesn't have to face that fact. I get it. Nobody wants to have played that bad. But we have. I'm town.

I still have to look through Eevee/yuma too. That may not happen until this afternoon as lunch is coming up soon.

Teproc, please give me a chance to answer any questions you may have before voting for me. Whether yuma is scum or not, if you vote only 1 scum has to cast a vote and the game is over, we lose.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 18, 2013, 01:40:32 pm »

Teproc, please give me a chance to answer any questions you may have before voting for me.

If you vote for me, that is. I'm delighted to hear you're considering other options.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 18, 2013, 01:41:14 pm »

Oh I'm very far from casting a vote at this point. I mean, we shouldn't drag this out like the two previous days, but I don't want to see anyone lynched today, that's for sure.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! Day one start!!
« Reply #1185 on: November 18, 2013, 01:41:43 pm »

Eevee, I wouldn't describe it as asking for town's "permission", so much as gauging the town's interest. It seems like I'm the only one who's talked about mail-mi (excepting EFHW's finding my finding him scummy scummy), and I was wondering if anyone else shared my sentiments. I didn't want to vote for him (yet) because I wanted to see if this EFHW train goes anywhere. But I still think he's being scummy, and I'd like to know what others think. By now I think he's been lurkier than Robz with less actual genuine content to consider. And I think I express my suspicion through question marks quite often actually haha

Oh chairs, you're comfortable with your vote? Good for you. I think that it's bad form to vote for me, say you've got some secret quote that you can't transcribe right now because you're at work, and then still withhold it even now. I remember that secret case in M31, but I couldn't imagine that this is anything like that, and that ended up being engineered by scum anyway, right? Hey chairs, there's some quote somewhere that you've written that makes me feel that you're scummy, so I'm going to vote for you. Oh no wait, there's not, because you haven't written anything yet worth analyzing. My sympathy for your bad Internet is dissipating.

mail-mi usually lurks and sheeps as town, so those are not scum tells for him. I think all you're seeing is most of the "vets" who have played with him before seeing what they'd expect, and therefore not spending much time on him. I am always theoretically up for a mail-mi vote D1, though (like I am for most all players).

And thank you for reminding me chairs did not post his case. Chairs, we need that.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 18, 2013, 01:41:55 pm »

As I've said previously, I don't believe Voltaire/yuma and mail-mi/Eevee are very realistic possibilities.

Can you elaborate on why you eliminate mail-mi/Eevee? I do too, I'm curious for your reasons. At the moment I am most definitely POEing yuma (even though I have good reads reasons too, I can go into them if needed) so your reasons should help me double-check.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 18, 2013, 01:42:41 pm »

Eevee, I wouldn't describe it as asking for town's "permission", so much as gauging the town's interest. It seems like I'm the only one who's talked about mail-mi (excepting EFHW's finding my finding him scummy scummy), and I was wondering if anyone else shared my sentiments. I didn't want to vote for him (yet) because I wanted to see if this EFHW train goes anywhere. But I still think he's being scummy, and I'd like to know what others think. By now I think he's been lurkier than Robz with less actual genuine content to consider. And I think I express my suspicion through question marks quite often actually haha

Oh chairs, you're comfortable with your vote? Good for you. I think that it's bad form to vote for me, say you've got some secret quote that you can't transcribe right now because you're at work, and then still withhold it even now. I remember that secret case in M31, but I couldn't imagine that this is anything like that, and that ended up being engineered by scum anyway, right? Hey chairs, there's some quote somewhere that you've written that makes me feel that you're scummy, so I'm going to vote for you. Oh no wait, there's not, because you haven't written anything yet worth analyzing. My sympathy for your bad Internet is dissipating.

mail-mi usually lurks and sheeps as town, so those are not scum tells for him. I think all you're seeing is most of the "vets" who have played with him before seeing what they'd expect, and therefore not spending much time on him. I am always theoretically up for a mail-mi vote D1, though (like I am for most all players).

And thank you for reminding me chairs did not post his case. Chairs, we need that.

What are you saying?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 18, 2013, 01:42:50 pm »

This game did get off to a herky-jerky start, though it's fine just now. That's probably the reason. I mean, I guess it's good that I now have a meta of being useful, even if it draws suspicion!

Where I am right now is actually having a lite scumread on yuma, but knowing I don't want to lynch him today. Yuma is always a terrible D1 lynch. I'm trying to explore other areas instead. I did my most recent vote count to try to eliminate people, but it didn't work. Chairs is phone-posting so of course he's at the bottom, mail-mi is mail-mi, and I'm at the top, and EFHW looked troublesome to me at the very start. Though I think it's more her normal meta, ie the always questioning/casting suspicion. It looks bad to be though because that is how shraeye also plays, and I haven't spent much time with town!shraeye (just Clue I think).

Which means my lynch pool is still 8.  :-\

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 18, 2013, 01:44:00 pm »

I don't think a scum team would allow both members to be lurking day 1. Eevee has been more active since then, but a lot of his activity day 2 was pursuing a lynch on mail-mi, so ... I'm not as sure about excluding this one than I am with Voltaire/yuma, but I think it's a decent assumption to make.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 18, 2013, 01:44:27 pm »

OK, I think I can narrow down the lynch pool a bit more right now. Right off the bat I'm going to eliminate myself. Cool? Cool.

WalrusMcFishSr, Chairs, Robz888, Voltaire, Yuma, EFHW, Mail-Mi, Eevee, Faust

Now let's eliminate yuma, even though I maintain a lite scum read.

WalrusMcFishSr, Chairs, Robz888, Yuma, EFHW, Mail-Mi, Eevee, Faust

I'm going to agree with EFHW (hilariously enough, as she is also one of my scum reads) and say that at the moment I do not have enough information to read mail-mi or chairs and likely won't today, so they're gone.

WalrusMcFishSr, Chairs, Robz888, EFHW, Mail-Mi, Eevee, Faust

and the pool ends up as

WalrusMcFishSr, Robz888, EFHW, Eevee, Faust

Let's take a look at that Robz wagon:

Mail-Mi, Voltaire, WalrusMcFishSr, Yuma

and the Walrus wagon:

Chairs, Eevee, Mail-mi, Faust

and EFHW peaked at 3 unique btw:

mail-mi, yuma, Walrus

Scum likely needs 3 mislynches to win.

I have a secret confession to make. I think I actually really really really like the Walrus case.

Though I also like my vote on Robz still, who is voting for chairs, for what I perceive as very weak reasons.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 18, 2013, 01:45:48 pm »

Also, tou have a town read on me. That's not normal.

The one time I hardcore tunneled you, I was scum.

And you're a town read with a D1 pass, btw, no further.
Bit you're usually up for a D1 mail-mi lynch. Your Townself is. It's not very scummy, it's weird bordering on scummy.

Paradoxically you bringing this up just makes me have a stronger town read on you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 18, 2013, 01:46:32 pm »

Yuma, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make quoting those posts of mine, but if you have one, I'll reply after lunch. I stand by my exclusion of mail-mi up until this point and I'm not certain he's scum. I'm getting close to certain you are, partially because scum doesn't seem to be trying to quick-hammer either of us (if we're both town) and because Teproc has now been allowed to claim nearly-IC status (which scum would have assuredly abused to win the game now if he is scum).

I'm heading out now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 18, 2013, 01:46:53 pm »

A reads post cuz I'm on a bus and heck why not.

1. WalrusMcFishSr--jumping off Faust then getting back on after being called out is a bit suspicious.
2. Chairs--Has differing opinions about theory--SCUM SCUM! Jk null
3. Robz888--vote: robz has like 1 post.
4. Voltaire--seems normal self. Townish
5. Yuma--Dressed up evil for Halloween. Nothing much here, null
6. EFHW--asking lots of questions. Null
7. Mail-Mi--obvtown
8. Eevee--IDK, has been lurking a lot in recent games when town, seems the sameish here. Slightly townish (which prob. means no cuz it's Eevee)
9. Faust--just getting a slightly scummy feel, not much else.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 18, 2013, 01:49:58 pm »

Voltaire comes out of that exchange much scummier than Yuma, and Faust probably isn't going through, so vote: Voltaire.

Why. Please give a reason.

Mostly a feeling from skimming it over. I am currently in school.

Also, tou have a town read on me. That's not normal.

classic bussing if you two are scum. realizes that you are going down.... and should have gone down but we were distracted by faust. so joins with little reasoning "gut feel" to get credit if you do go down.

keep in mind that mail-mi bussed TA day1 hard... last game

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 18, 2013, 01:51:02 pm »

Yuma, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make quoting those posts of mine, but if you have one, I'll reply after lunch. I stand by my exclusion of mail-mi up until this point and I'm not certain he's scum. I'm getting close to certain you are, partially because scum doesn't seem to be trying to quick-hammer either of us (if we're both town) and because Teproc has now been allowed to claim nearly-IC status (which scum would have assuredly abused to win the game now if he is scum).

I'm heading out now.

point is that you have nearly as liitle interactions as i do with mail-mi early on.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 18, 2013, 02:05:46 pm »

and I should add that voltaire is basically saying that I am partners with mail-mi and that I had no interaction with him. Right?

So eevee, Volt, Teproc (to a lesser extent) let me ask you this... Is this how scum yuma plays? I hate these arguments, but you have to consider it. Does yuma allow himself and his partner to have zero interactions with each other?

No. The answer is no. I don't expect you to find that convincing. Goodness I don't really see the need to convince you guys of anything. I think my case on voltaire has merit and standing on its own and I stand by it. I have tried to stand by it all game long... but people keep getting lynched instead of him.

So that is all I really have to say. Lynch voltaire. It should have happened day1. It REALLY should have happened day2 but AtE just proved to be too strong. So yeah...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 18, 2013, 02:11:36 pm »

what I really think is happening right now is that voltaire came out of the gates thinking that he would have to buss mail-mi to have a chance of winning (hence having me the third choice out of three)...

but as the day progressed and he saw how other people were reacting to me he slowly and methodically moved his read toward me being a more and more viable mislynch. He is now going for the win today rather than trying to play the slow game into tomorrow.

He has done this every single day1, 2 and 3. Start out with a town read on me. Test the waters and then back off. He did it day1 after I voted for him. He did it day2 after I voted for him. and he is doing it today... after I voted for him.

he is scum and should be lynched. End of story.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 18, 2013, 02:18:48 pm »

Vote Count 3.2:

Voltaire (1): Yuma
Yuma (1): Voltaire
Not Voting (5): Teproc, Mail-mi, Eevee

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Day 3 ends November 22 at 8:00 p.m.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: November 18, 2013, 02:24:57 pm »

On a similar note... once I had decided that I was voting for voltaire, voltaire stopped trying to convince me of him being town and of trying to get me to vote for mail-mi... maybe he thought that I couldn't be convinced (I don't know... I probably can't, but I think town keeps trying)... but instead he switched gears and started to vote for me. It was as though he realized he lost my support and as a result felt that he had to start attacking the one player that was guaranteed to no longer support him.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 55  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 16 queries.